Pounding Heart

Da EmeraldPaint

𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 π•Ώπ–œπ–” ~ π”‡π”žπ”―π”¨ π”‡π”―π”žπ”€π”¬π”« 𝔖𝔒𝔯𝔦𝔒𝔰 In a world where humans never existed, there're such bei... Altro

Teaser
Author's Note
Dragon Character Art
Prolouge
The Grand Map
2 : A Dream to Defend
3 : More Than Just Flowers
4 : Visions of Darkness
5 : A Castle of Flames
6 : A Fallen Hero
7 : Arena Survivor
8 : A Proper Farewell
9 : The Seed of Rodna
10 : The Quest's Beginning
11 : The Shadow Sea
12 : A Warm Welcome
13 : The Blue Castle
14 : The Search
15 : Moridax's Grandson
16 : Rodna's Origin
17 : A Breath of Death
18 : The Temple of Pluita
19 : A Hosptitable King
20 : Queen Hyla's Hatchling
21 : The Enemy
22 : The Explaination
23 : Strength of the Gods
24 : The Battle
25 : Poisonous Dagger
26 : Recovery
Announcement
Epilogue

1 : Poisonous Green Eyes

111 10 0
Da EmeraldPaint

*Music has been added to some chapters! To listen, check the top. If there is a picture there, try scrolling to the right*

I came over to Nota, grinning. Deltul played unsuspectingly in the flowers. Nota giggled. I was entering my 18 thousandth year, but that didn't mean I was too old for games.

     I lunged at my brother and tackled him to the floor. He yelled in surprised and fought back.

     Nota laughed. Esperanza, my mother, came over frowning.

     "Zepth?!" She gasped at the battle.

     I broke away, laughing. "We were just playing, mother."

     Deltul was not done with the fight, and so he came down on my much larger tail. I laughed and spun around. He slipped and came crashing on the floor.

     "Deltul!" Mother ran over to see if he was okay. "Zepth, be careful!"

     "It's okay mom!" Deltul laughed. "I'm training to be a guardian!"

     Guardians, or the Royal Guards, were the most elite fighters the kingdom knew. It was my denmate's dream.

     "Go fetch some water." She dismissed it and pushed a bucket over to Deltul.

     "Sure, Mom." He clamped down with his jaws and flew off towards the river.

     "Hi, Esperanza." Nota smiled. After my mother was told Nota had no one to return to, she gladly took her in and welcomed her into their family.

     "Zepth." My mother's eyes became worried. "A scroll was just delivered. It's for you."

     "Me?" I cocked my head and went inside the cave - our den - to see the scroll. "From King Trufor? 'Zepth, I need you to come to Revak Castle immediately. Something urgent has come up and I need to speak with you.' Trufor needs me to come see him?"

     I exited the cave and came up to my family. Nota looked to me, waiting to hear about the scroll.

     "I need to fly to Trufor." I bit my lip. "He didn't tell me why."

     "Trufor!" Nota gasped. "Is something wrong?"

     "I'm not sure..." I frowned.

     "Zepth," Esperanza said. "If the King of Sulona has sent for you, you better go. It could be important."

     "What about Tagonia?" My mother and I were the rightful heir to the throne of Tagonia. Mother usually took care of the royal tasks herself, but needed my help for certain things.

     "I can manage perfectly well on my own, thank you. Now go! Nota, will you please go with her?"
     "Of course." She replied and we took to the sky.

————————————

     The White Castle had been rebuilt after it collapsed, for Sulona needed a kingdom castle. Now, Trufor ruled out whole kingdom from the throne in Leviguar. He was originally king of Flitwik, but he's persistent that he can keep up with leading two castles.

     The castle, instead of the original marble, was now Golz, or "dragon's rock". It was a shimmering white rock and accented with windows and pillars of sparkling gold. In short, it was the most beautiful castle Sulona has ever seen.

————————————

      We both walked down the long hallway of past rulers. Luckily, the paintings were saved from the wreckage, and unfortunately so was Queen Hyla's painting. I shivered at the sight and entered the Throne Room. Trufor sat in the seat, eyes worried and looking out the window.

      "Trufor?" I called to him. "I received your scroll."

      He gasped in shock and spotted Nota and I. He exhaled in relief and motioned for us to sit. "Thank goodness, I was just about to send for you."

      "We got your scroll, but why is it you summoned me?" I asked.

      "I'm sorry...?" He cocked his head.

      "The scroll, you know, the one you just sent." Nota explained.

      "I sent no scroll... but it doesn't matter, because I required your presence anyways." He dismissed the confusion. "Zepth, someone is hunting you."

      "What?!" I gasped.

      "My Head Guardian reported an attack and destroyed villages in Vulcen. My dragons were slaughtered. Only my head guard managed to get away. He said there were burnings into several buildings... your name."

      "What?!" I exclamimed. "B-but what did I do wrong?!"

      "Daniik! Enter, please." Trufor called in the hall. In response, a strong black dragon with firery orange-red eyes entered wearing Guardian Armor. "Zepth, I'd like you to meet my Head Guardian, Daniik."

      "I am so sorry to hear about the attack on your dragons." I bowed in respect to the larger beast.

      "The attack was brutal, they didn't stand a chance." He replied, expression ice cold. "Hopefully, we will be better prepared for the next attack."

      "The next attack?" Trufor cocked his head.

      "Obviously." He faced the king. "The aggression of the attack clearly shows they are on a mission. It's only a matter of time before they strike again."

      "Why are they after me?" I inquired.

      "They must know something. Something you do not." Daniik cryptically announced.

      "That is ridiculous!" Trufor exclaimed. "It's probably just a gang of Blatua Dragons, upset they lost the war. They probably blame Zepth. But have no fear, my army will not fail at protecting innocents!"

      "Thank you, Trufor." I began to exit. "Let the Gods watch over us all."

————————————

     I was in flight, on the way home, when an inky black dragon knocked me out of the skies and to the grasslands below. I got up and prepared to defend myself. A dragon slightly larger than me limped to his feet. He had poisonous green eyes that were wide and alert.

      "A thousand apologizes!" The male came over to see if I was alright. "My name is Zahkrii. I come from the Blatua lands. I mean no harm, I was escaping the cruel rule."

      "Oh!" I exclaimed, surprised. "I am Zepth, second in rule of Tagonia. I took back the throne for my mother, whom it rightfully belongs to."

      "You are the Zepth in the stories?" Zahkrii gasped. "We've heard of your battles. You're very brave."

      "Thank you." I blushed. "Will you come with me to Tagonia? I can provide shelter and food."

      "That sounds spectacular. Thank you!" He bowed and flew behind me.

————————————

      "Mother, I'm back. We have a guest." I landed in the castle gardens.

      "Zepth!" Esperanza smiled and came around the corner. "What did the king want?"

      "He had news of a dragon attack. They are hunting..." I paused, not wanting to alarm her  again. "...hunting in our lands. Some villages in Vulcan were damaged as a result of their aggression."

     "Oh!" She exclaimed. "Thank the Gods Vulcan is far from Tagonia."

     "Hello, I apologize for the intrusion. I was escaping the rule from the Blatua lands. I assume you are the Queen of Tagonia I've heard about?"

     "Why, yes I am." She beamed. "What might your name be?"

     "I am Zahkrii, your majesty." He bowed in respect.

     "Welcome to Tagonia, Zahkrii." She bowed back. "Zepth, please show him to the castle guest chambers."

     "Of course, Mother." I lead him off to the door.

————————————

     "Here we are." I stopped at a large door. "If you need anything, a pixie will fetch it for you."

     "Thank you for everything." Zahkrii bowed. "You have been more than generous."

     "We've fought many Baltua Dragons during the Blood War against Queen Hyla." I shuddered at the name. "Their army was great, but at a cost, I'm sure. I cannot begin to imagine the horrible conditions under which the warriors trained in."

      "And they had it easy compared to the subjects." He looked down, sad at the memory. Then, he snapped out of it and smiled. "So why did your king name it the Blood War?"

      "Queen Hyla was a blood elemental. They're very rare and dangerous. She used her ability to control others as a killing tool to work her way to the top and spread fear."

      "Interesting..." He nodded and opened the door to the chambers. "Thank you again. If there is anything I can do in return, don't hesitate."

      "You're welcome, Zahkrii." I smiled and turned around, walking down the castle hallway.

————————————

     The torches along the wall flickered again my tapping black talons. I rested my chin on my paw, and scratched the wood floorboards, bored.

     My tail flicked, and I tucked it into my side. With a huff of smoke breath, I came to my feet and left my chambers. Movement down the hall caught my attention.

     A dragon looked around, and I ducked behind a pillar. Once the dragon was satisfied no one was there, he snuck down the hall and out the side door.

     His poisonous green eyes searched in the darkness of night for something... or someone. The door shut behind him before I could see more...

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

35.9K 442 39
This book was set in the late 1300, back then humans knew that dragons were real, they just rarely saw them and they didn't get attacked by them. the...
272K 12.9K 200
Book 1:The Last Dragon(chp 1-125) Book 2:The Return(chp 126-170) Book 3:Friend or Enemy(chp171-200) ***Inspired by Game Of Thrones*** For generations...
62.7K 3.4K 31
Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Ethan and Queen Kate have taken over rule...
13.5K 295 23
α΄€ ɒᴇᴍ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› α΄‘Ιͺα΄›ΚœΚœα΄ΚŸα΄…κœ± α΄›Κœα΄‡ ɒʀᴇᴀᴛ, Ι΄α΄‡α΄€Κ€ΚŸΚ ΙͺɴꜰΙͺΙ΄Ιͺᴛᴇ α΄˜α΄α΄‘α΄‡Κ€ ᴏꜰ α΄€Ι΄Ιͺᴍᴜꜱ ᴍᴀɒΙͺα΄„ ΚŸα΄€Κκœ± ʜΙͺᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴏɴ α΄€ κœ°α΄€Κ€, κœ°α΄€Κ€ ᴀᴑᴀʏ Ιͺκœ±ΚŸα΄€Ι΄α΄…. α΄‘Κœα΄α΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ α΄‘α΄‡ΚŸα΄…κœ± α΄›Κœα΄‡ ɒᴇᴍ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄›Κœα΄‡ΙͺΚ€ α΄›α΄€ΚŸα΄Ι΄κœ± ɴᴏ...