Give Your Heart A Break

Por BubblySoccer

After dating her boyfriend for three years, the last thing that Valeria Coloma expected him to do was announc... Más

Summary
Chapter One: Happy Anniversary
Chapter Two: Signing for PSG
Chapter Three: Important Discussions
Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home
Chapter Five: Leaving Paris
Chapter Six: It Will Get Easier
Chapter Seven: Drifting Apart
Chapter Eight: Surprise Visit
Chapter Nine: Valeria's Problem
Chapter Ten: Doctor's Appointment
Chapter Twelve: The Results Are In
Chapter Thirteen: Family Time

Chapter Eleven: Relaxing in Paris

1.5K 42 5
Por BubblySoccer

"How are you feeling?" Neymar asked stepping into the bedroom, he leant against the door frame and stared at her wondering what he could say to Valeria to take her mind off what was happening. 

The last couple of days had been distracting and Valeria had come with him back to Paris after her appointment and Neymar had done what he could to make her comfortable here in anyway that he could. 

"I wish people would stop asking me that," Valeria murmured with a shake of her head, she was tired of people asking her that and she just wanted things to be normal until she was certain what was happening. 

Sitting down on the bed, Valeria couldn't help but feel tired of all the waiting around that she had to do; she was certain that there was people much worse off than she was. 

Neymar nodded his head, he felt useless to help her and he understood how frustrated she must feel; he wanted nothing more than to protect her from whatever was coming next. 

Slowly making his way across the room, he sat down on the bed next to her and tried to work out what he could say to distracted her. 

"I've been thinking about downsizing," Neymar mused knowing that this would come as a surprise, he was sure that Valeria wouldn't see it coming considering how much he seemed to love the place.

However, the more he thought about it, the more unsuitable the house seemed for what he needed; it wasn't a place where he could relax with her and Davi. 

The fact that fans could stand outside of his home and even climb the fence didn't make him feel safe; he didn't want to wake up one day to find a fan inside his bedroom with him. 

Nor did he want to think about being away for a match and someone deciding to break in while he was away, he would never but Valeria or Davi at risk like that. 

"This place is just too big, plus it's rather lonely when I'm here alone," Neymar continued softly, he wanted nothing more than to be comfortable and not so alone here. 

He was due to have Davi for Christmas and he was really looking forward to spending some time with his son; he was determined to prove to Carolina that he could be responsible. 

The mother of his child had expressed some concerns especially after how he had acted while here alone, the partying had made her seriously consider not sending Davi to stay with him.

Valeria nodded at that, she was just hopeful that the move would do him some good; she had seen far too much of him out partying and she had been worried that it would spell the end of their relationship. 

Neymar eyed his girlfriend, he felt stupid for not knowing what to say to her and he hated that they had gotten into this situation; it was one of his own creation and he would fix it. 

"I am sorry Val," Neymar said moving to take her hand, he was relieved when she didn't pull away and he wasn't sure that he had said it before now especially with how distracted he had been. 

Things were uneasy between them and Neymar doubted that he would forgive himself if he allowed things to fall apart; he wasn't going to let him playing for PSG ruin things for them now. 

"I know... I hated seeing you out with all those women," Valeria admitted, she had worried that he might do something stupid and find himself in a position that could cause more harm than good but he had been lucky this time. 

Neymar frowned, it had been his father that had organised the attendance of all those women and he knew that he should have seen what his father was trying to do. 

"Nothing happened with them I swear, it was just something to distract from the loneliness," Neymar reassured her, he didn't want her to think that he would ever do something like that to her. 

He hadn't handled being alone very well and he was just going to have to deal with it; once Valeria was better that she would be returning to work. 

Valeria was important to him and the last three years together had meant so much for him; he was a fool and had nearly screwed up what he had with her for a distraction. 

"I've missed you," Neymar mumbled hating that they were so far apart, he knew her job was important and he wished that he had some way of spending more time with her; he had been counting down the days until she came to visit. 

He'd had so much planned for when she came for the half-term and Neymar was sure that they could use those plans while she was here even if she was resting most of the time. 

Ana had encouraged Valeria to enjoy herself while she was here with Neymar, she had insisted her friend make the most of her break especially giving how stressed she had been at work. 

"I've missed you too," Valeria replied resting her head on Neymar's shoulder, she closed her eyes and prayed that things were going to be okay. 

They had come so far and Valeria knew that they could fix things while they had the chance; she was here until they knew what her results said and she had to go back to see her doctor. 

The two sat in silence for a moment while they tried to work out what they were going to do; they both knew that they couldn't go back to how they had been and they had to work out a better balance for the both of them. 

"I've been considering moving to part-time teaching," Valeria admitted, it would be a nice change and with everything going on she was sure that a change was what she needed. 

The school that she taught at had been so generous and had allowed her to take time off on such short noticed because of what was going on. 

The pain that she had felt meant that she was unable to help the children that she was teaching and they didn't want her to do anything that might put herself or one of the children in danger. 

Neymar looked at Valeria surprised, he hadn't thought that she would be willing to change things especially since she loved her job so much and enjoyed her work; he opened his mouth to say something but she interrupted him before he could. 

"It would give me better control of my hours and I would get to spend more time with you," Valeria said smiling, she was sure that this was the answer to their problems and it would be a lot better than going weeks on end without seeing one another. 

She could work two or three days a week in Barcelona, then spend the rest of the week here in Paris with him rather than barely seeing her boyfriend at all. 

"You don't have to," Neymar murmured wanting her to be happy, they could find other ways to make it work and they had time now especially with Valeria being off; he was sure they would somehow manage to deal with this.

It wasn't going to be easy and Neymar doubted that they would get it right all the time but they were both committed to making their relationship work; that was what mattered most right now to him. 

They were both willing to fight for what they wanted, he knew that her support system in Barcelona wasn't a strong one and her parents likely wouldn't help the situation but as long as they had each other's backs then who cared. 

"We've tried it with me back in Barcelona full time and it doesn't work... it's not fair to either of us," Valeria told him with a shake of her head, they would make this work and she was certain that she would be okay with just working part-time rather than completely giving up her job. 

The fact was that Neymar was going to be staying in Paris for the foreseeable future and he knew that; there was no getting around that or finding a way to bring him to Barcelona. 

Neymar nodded his head, it really hadn't worked and he wasn't sure what else would; he hated that she had to sacrifice things for him, he had never thought that his move to Paris would make such a mess of things. 

A part of him wished that he hadn't allowed his father to get into his head about how all the attention at Barcelona was on Messi, he could have continued to be happy there. 

"I don't want you to sacrifice anything for me... you shouldn't have to," Neymar said, he knew that was stupid especially since he had hoped that she would make the move to Paris with him. 

However, Valeria didn't speak a word of french so she couldn't just pick up here to start teaching; he wasn't sure how she would have settled into life here like he had planned. 

There was a small chance that she could teach Spanish down the line, it was something they had talked about awhile back but the talks had stalled when she had returned to Barcelona. 

"It's okay... I'd rather be with you," Valeria told him with a smile, she squeezed his hand and hoped that she would be able to handle things. 

It wasn't going to be easy but with everything going on, she was glad that he was here for her; she didn't know what she would have done stuck in that house by herself with the dogs. 

The sooner those test results came back in, the better and Valeria prayed that she would have answers soon enough.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.5K 47 19
Y/n and her best friend Angelina are going on a trip to Brasil. When the two watched the game Brasil VS Portugal, Y/n met someone she won't forget ab...
256K 5.4K 28
In which Neymar lies to his family about dating his "cute" neighbor December 1st┊December 25th, 2017.
5.8K 168 30
Experience the journey of Maya Vasquez and the Brazilian footballer, Neymar da Silva Santos Junior who were childhood best friends, birthday mates an...
54.6K 618 29
"she means nothing to me" After simply helping out her brother Adriana unknowingly falls for Neymar. Does he feel the same? updates everyday