roaring 20s | h.s

By sluttybabyy

"Why do you want so much power?" "Because Olivia, Daddy likes control." More

jazz club
the ring
vulnerability
love and affection
the good chills
self-deprecation
self-worth
self-evaluation
nervous

goodbye

3.8K 66 12
By sluttybabyy

Please vote and comment!!

Olivia POV

I had gone home with Bethany after my conversation with Harry. I was a mess to say the least, and it was beyond difficult to get back into the comfort of my own bed without waking up my family.

I fell asleep fairly easy, but I woke up with a headache I had never felt before. I instantly felt regret towards how much alcohol I drank last night, especially since I had little to no sleep to try to get rid of the ache.

I was in the kitchen, and I was starting to cook some breakfast before my mother and father complained to not waking up with a dish in front of them. While starting to cook the eggs, I heard my mother storm down the hallway and into the kitchen.

"What is God's name is this!" My mother exclaimed.

I turned around, and saw the dress that I had worn the night before. My heart literally dropped, and I was terrified to say the least. I stood frozen where I was standing, and I could not spit out a word.

"I will not have a whore live under this house!" She yelled, sure to almost break glass at this point.

"I-I-" I stuttered, not sure what to say.

"You will fix, whatever has gotten into you," My mother demanded. "Or you leave this house, under God's name!"

I had no clue what to say. There was no excuse I could to back myself out of this. It took a lot of courage to say the words I did, but I managed to pull them out of me.

"I am not a child!" I yelled back. "You give me no freedom, and you treat me with the same respect as a servant!"

I had no idea what got into me, but I'm glad I said it. I kept going, saying:

"And how do you have the heart to kick your own daughter, your own blood, out of this house!"

"You are no daughter of mine," my mother spit. "My daughter is supposed to be kind, and respectful to me. You may have my blood in you, but you have disgraced this family since you were born!"

I was done, I had nothing else to say, but, "Lord forgive me, but fück you."

I threw the pan with the eggs on the ground, and I went to my room to pack up my things. I was eighteen, I did not need my mother controlling me anymore. I was hoping that I could stay at Bethany's for a little, since I don't have anywhere else to go.

While I was packing the things I would need, I was crying. I couldn't believe this was happening, but at the same time I was not surprised it was. My family held me down to what I what to do with my life, and I cannot live like that. I refuse to.

When I collected myself, and my things, I went downstairs to see my parents talking to each other.

"You cannot kick her out, she is our daughter," my father said, surprising me that he is going against my mother.

"It's about time she leaves, she is eighteen," my mother shrugged. "She needs to learn to be an adult, whether a man wants to marry her or not."

"I agree, but we shouldn't just throw her on the streets. She isn't prepared," my father defended.

They stayed quiet, and I coughed to break the silence.

"Bye," I said, not even waving to the two of them.

They both looked up at me, and I could tell my father was not taking this well. My mother, on the other hand, did not look phased at all. There was an awkward silence that filled the air, and it could have been cut by a knife at this point.

They didn't say anything, and I took that as a sign to leave. Before I opened the door to do so, I heard my father come up behind me, handing me an envelope.

"Take this," my father said. "I love you, Olivia."

"Goodbye," I said, taking the envelope, and leaving the house.

I was leaving the house that I grew up in, but it was the house I grew to hate.

~

Bethany was happy to let me stay at her house for as long as I needed, and I was thankful. After I brought all of my things into her house and unpacked, I started to sob on her bed. She tried her best to console me, but it did only so much.

"Why?" I kept crying into her shoulder, repeatedly.

"It's okay, shh," Bethany cooed, rubbing my back. "You're with me, and we all know I'm your favorite."

That earned her a little laugh from me, and I pulled away from her, rubbing away the tears that fell.

"Am I that awful?" I asked my best friend. "Am I so awful that my parents don't like me?"

"No, you're parents are so awful because they don't see the amazing person their daughter is," Bethany said, tucking a strand of hair behind me ear. "I'm so sorry that you have to go through this."

"It was bound to happen at one point," I chuckled.

"Enough being so sad," Bethany laughed. "Let's go out."

"It's only noon."

"No, not to a club. I'm talking about for lunch. I got my allowance the other day," Bethany said, walking to her drawer, and pulling out $5. "Let's go."

When she managed to pull me out of her bed, she pulled out one of my dresses from my bag, and I put it on when she threw it at me.

We were now walking into downtown Philadelphia, and we were going to our favorite little diner that we haven't been to in forever.

Being sat at a table and ordering our meals, Bethany was trying her hardest to take my mind off of things. I appreciated her effort, but I wasn't going to get over what happened today right away.

"So... anything new with Harry?" Bethany asked, sipping at her glass of water.

"I mean, we talked last night about things," I shrugged. "But nothing ground-breaking."

"What did you guys talk about?" She asked.

"Well, um, if we would continue our little thing we had going," I mumbled. I was nervous Bethany would start scolding me, because she would definitely do that in a public setting.

"Is that something you want?" Bethany asked, giving me her full attention.

"I mean, yeah," I answered, almost positive I had little hearts in my eyes.

"Girl, you have to go for it!" Bethany exclaimed, clapping her hands. "You like a man, like the man that everyone has a crush on."

I shrugged at her comment, a blush creeping on my face. It was odd to think that Harry would choose me, but I did not question it after we talked about it.

"You guys should go out tonight," Bethany said. "Do you have his number?"

"Uh, yeah?" I answered, coming off like a question.

"You are going to call Harry when we get back to my house, and you will spend some alone time with your man!" Bethany laughed.

"Wait, I thought you didn't like Harry?" I questioned her, still confused to why the girl in front of me was all the sudden supporting my taste in men.

"Well, I can see that he makes you happy. And right now, I feel like you need the most happiness you can get," Bethany giggled, but then getting serious saying, "But if he does anything you don't like, tell me so I can destroy his life."

We laughed together, and we soon got our lunch in front of us. I got a sandwich, and Bethany got a salad. We ate in content, and soon we were paying, well Bethany was paying, and we left the diner. The food was delicious, and I was glad I didn't stay in that bed and mourned for the rest of the day.

Hey y'all, I'm sorry for not updating in a hot minute. I have been very busy, but I'm now on winter break!!

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote for it. The more votes this gets, the faster I update again!! So vote y'all!

ALSO, I'M WRITING A NEW HARRY STYLES FANFIC CALLED "THE GIRL WHO WEARS YELLOW". YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK THAT OUT BECAUSE ITS PRETTY GOOD NOT EVEN GONNA LIE !

I love you all soooo much,
~s

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 25 7
One Direction.....
144K 1.6K 34
Just a bunch of One Direction preferences
61.1K 406 26
Enjoy
208K 2.3K 89
Just some one direction preferences :)