The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 43: Caves

21.8K 1.5K 1K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasures you seek."

                                                                     -Joseph Campbell

You released a heavy sigh as your blue eyes scanned the small cave in front of you, the cool autumn wind blowing through your hair.

After you and Jimin managed to sneak out of the city, you met up with the others. Your plan was simple. Find Drake and tear down the wall.

You and Jimin hadn't talked much since your slight argument, neither of you choosing to acknowledge the other as all of you searched for your dragon friend.

Because you were Drake's Rider , your body would lead you in his general direction, but it wasn't an exact science, you all had been wandering for a good two hours, before you stumbled upon a small cave on the outskirts of town.

Your gut was telling you that the dragon had taken shelter in the stone formation, and it made sense, it wasn't far from town, which meant that he could gain his strength and watch over you from a slight distance.

Jin hopped off his horse, eyeing the cave cautiously.

"Are you sure he's in there?" He asked. "It looks a little unsafe.."

You nodded.

"I'm sure."

The rest of the men dismounted their steeds, tying them to a near by tree, before you all slowly entered the cave.

The sound of a babies laughter suddenly filled your ears as you walked deeper into the darkness, a small orange light beginning to brighten up the damp structure.

You raised your eyebrows in curiosity.

Was someone living here?

Another fit of laughter echoed to your ears and your eyes widened.

"Grace?"

You hastily moved your feet, running until you came across a small campground.

Drake's head shot up at your arrival, his nostrils smelling the air, before he swiftly raised himself to stand excitedly, his tail swinging happily.

He rushed over to you, his forked tongue licking all over your face, as a few chuckles escaped your mouth. He was obviously happy to see you. He stopped licking you, his blue eyes taking in your form and checking you for any possible injuries.

He released a slight whimper when his gaze fell onto your ankle, which was raw and bloody form your tireless attempts to free yourself from the chains. His tongue darted out to lick it gently.

You smiled, petting his snout gently.

"It's okay. It doesn't hurt anymore."

The dragon's expression didn't change, he merely lowered his head, laying it at your feet.

"Y/n?"

Your eyes shot up at your name, your blue gaze falling on Yoongi, who held a smiling Grace. His orange eyes scanned you from head to toe, before he stepped closer, his expression remaining neutral. He didn't look mad, but he didn't look happy either, which confused you. He was so worried about you earlier, that you imagined he would be more relieved to see you.

You were certainly happy to know that he was okay, and that he had managed to get Grace to safety. Maybe you were just over thinking, or maybe you were being selfish....but you couldn't help but wonder why he didn't look happy to see you.

"Hey." You said quietly. "Are you okay?"

The raven haired prince merely nodded, his eyes falling to the rest of the men who entered into the small sanctuary.

Grace extended her arms, a large smile covering her face.

"Mama!" She cooed.

Your eyes widened, your mind in slight shock at her word, but you hesitantly moved over and took her from Yoongi, wrapping her in your arms and delivering a small peck to her forehead, relieved that she seemed to be okay.

"Hi baby." You smiled at the infant. "Did Yoongi take good care of you?"

She smiled widely, putting her fist into her mouth and sucking on it as she rested her head on your shoulder.

"What is everyone doing here?" Yoongi spoke. "I thought Richard-"

"We escaped." Jimin stated bluntly, a hint of anger in his voice. "And we didn't leave anyone behind, unlike you."

The dark king raised an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked.

Jimin stepped closer to him.

"I was simply stating the fact that you left us behind to rot."

Hoseok sighed.

"Jimin, we just got here. Don't start a fight."

"No," Yoongi said calmly. "If he has something to say he should say it."

The silver haired prince sent a hard glare to Yoongi, his rosy pink eyes sending daggers.

"You aren't fooling me, Yoongi. I can see straight through you."

Your eyes widened. You didn't want trouble brewing when you had just gotten there.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?"

Jimin chuckled sarcastically.

"Everyone thinks you've changed, they think you're a better man, that you're sorry for betraying us, but I know the truth. You don't care about anyone but yourself. Did you really think she would marry you?!"

Yoongi's orange eye, slowly began to morph into a deep shade of ruby, his fists balling as he clenched his jaw angrily.

The silver-haired prince was out for blood, his anger beginning to take over him as he continued.

"You aren't good enough for her, you will never be good enough for her. I was there when she was alone and afraid, I was there in that dark, damp dungeon you locked us in, I was there when my father tried to force her hand in marriage.. I was there. But where were you?"

Yoongi remained silent, his red eyes never moving from Jimin's rose ones.

"I saw your ring. I know you asked for her hand in marriage, but I won't allow you to come near her, not after everything you've done. Even if she doesn't choose me....I will not allow her to marry you."

"It seems like you don't have to worry about that anymore." Yoongi stated quietly, his eyes falling onto your hand. "She isn't wearing my ring. She's made it clear that she doesn't want me.....so I am staying true to my promise and leaving her alone."

Your mouth opened, ready to speak, but you were cut off.

"You are both acting like children." Jungkook stated. "You should consider Y/n's feelings."

Jimin scoffed.

"Don't you dare call me a child, brother. I don't remember you considering her feelings when you declared war between us, and claiming that she belonged to you."

The golden prince glared at his brother.

"And I still stand behind that statement."

His brother chuckled darkly.

"You couldn't be her protector. You aren't even fully grown."

Jungkook's fist suddenly met his brother's face in a rage, sending him stumbling back as he gripped his cheek.

"Do not underestimate me, brother."

Jimin rared back, charging at Jungkook and tackling him to the ground, sending multiple punches to his face, until the younger managed to block his blows and throw him off, standing to his feet.

Hoseok's arms swiftly wrapped around Jungkook, preventing him from sending anymore blows to his brother.

Jimin wiped the blood from his mouth, his eyes watching as blood trickled from Jungkook's forehead, before he stood to his feet.

He approached Jungkook and spat the blood into his face, causing the younger to fight harder against Hoseok's hold.

Jimin continued to glare at Jungkook, before Jin managed to push him away.

"I'm her best friend!" Jungkook sobbed angrily as tears poured down his cheeks. "Me! She is the one thing I ask for in this life and you constantly try to take her from me! You know that I love her!"

"I LOVE HER TOO!" Jimin screamed as he fought against Jin's grip.

"ENOUGH!"

Your loud voice silenced the whole cave, each of the men staring at you in shock. Anger covered your features as your gaze slowly moved to each and every one of them.

"Listen to yourselves!" You yelled. "You are acting like s bunch of idiots. Yelling and fighting each other like your lives depend on it. I'm tired of being treated like some kind of toy that you fight over. I am a human being and I demand to be treated as such. If you think that you can put a claim on me, then you are no worse than Richard. I care for all of you very much, and I have put up with your childish arguing ever since I got here, but now...... I'm done."

They all stayed silent as you ranted, your blue eyes sending daggers to each and everyone of them.

"If you want to behave as children then I will treat you like children.... I am not going to choose any of you. I can take care of myself, I tamed a dragon for god's sake! I will not force myself to worry over who I care for the most when right now, I can barely stand to look at any of you."

Taehyung sighed, stepping close to you.

"Y/n, please-"

His words were cut off as Drake's large wing moved in front of you, creating a wall and blocking you from Taehyung's view, his thick, leathery skin, providing a sanctuary for you and Grace.

You sighed in relief, tears beginning to fill your eyes as you sat down on the dirt ground, holding the now sleeping infant in your arms.

You hated watching them fight, especially over you. It made you feel like you were the cause of everything. They only every seemed to fight about you all the time, and when they weren't at each other's necks, they wouldn't speak to one another. You thought that the tension had died down, but Jimin and Jungkook seem to have gotten worse. Everyone was obviously tense and frightened at the mission you had set out to do.

Tearing down The Great Wall wasn't going to be the easiest of tasks, but it had to be done.

Maybe it would be best if you tore down the wall yourself, there would be no chance of your friends getting hurt, and you could make it there faster if Drake would fly you. Maybe then you could clear your mind and finally make some sort of decision to give them peace.

You sighed heavily.

You loved them all.

And they all loved you.

But this was your mission, your task, and you were going to do it alone.

"Tonight." You whispered to yourself. "I'll leave tonight."

____________________________________________

"Your highness!"

Richard's eyes shot up from the paper in front of him, his golden eyes eyeing the servant through his spectacles.

"Has she left the cave?"

The young boy nodded.

"She and her dragon left only a few minutes ago while the others slept."

The king smiled widely.

"So predictable." He chuckled "Didn't I tell you she would leave before sun up?"

The servant nodded nervously.

"Shall I have the guards go and collect her?"

Richard shook his head.

"There's no need. Just have my horse ready in ten minutes...."

"Your horse? But sire, you don't know her course."

The golden king smirked, his eyes falling back down to the map in his hands, his golden orbs scanning over the illustration of The Great Wall.

"Nonsense.....I know exactly where she's going."

A/N,

I HAVE MISSED JUNGKOOKXREADER!!!!

I have decided to answer any questions directed towards me in the comments. I know, I know, I'm such a great person (Just Kidding, this is purely for my entertainment.) So shoot me any question and I will answer it.....but I'm not going to give any more spoilers.....Maybe.

SIDE QUESTION

What do you think about ancient Egypt......?

*Laughs loudly in the background and chokes on spit*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 48 28
Your heart raced at the feeling of the cold barrel on your forehead, but you knew you had to stay composed. You tried to look for any emotion in his...
1.7M 40.3K 200
Status: COMPLETED Rating: 14+ (due to mildly suggestive scenes) DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14 ‼️DO NOT STEAL/REPOST MY IMAGINES‼️ All fo...
3.6K 255 16
"You froze my heart like this fucking world" a j.jk short post-apocalyptic story angst warning start: around july 2020 end: 08/06/21
25.5K 2.1K 21
•|MYG×Reader|• [COMPLETED] "Don't fear the flames, become the fire" - R.Solo Published: 06/02/21 Chapter count: 18 Word count: 50,000+