The Billionaire's Secret Babi...

By yanberry

Raelynn is smart and beautiful, but she hides behind her huge frames, ponytail, baggy clothes and high school... More

Overview
Chapter 1 - Endings
Chapter 2 - Taking Chances
Chapter 3 - A Night in Heaven
Chapter 4 - Morning In Hell
Chapter 5 - Was it worth it?
Chapter 6 - Two Surprises, One Night
Chapter 7 - Miracles
Chapter 8- Counting Stars
Chapter 9 - Treasure
Chapter 10 - Crashing Down
Chapter 11 - Here & Now
Chapter 12 - Living A Lie
Chapter 13 - Through His Eyes
Chapter 14 - The Calm
Chapter 15 - The Storm
Chapter 16 - Eye of the Storm
Chapter 17 - Broken Souls
Chapter 18 - Sweet Caramel
Author's Note
Chapter 19 - Humpty Dumpty
Chapter 20 - Deja Vu?
Chapter 21 - Cheater Peter?
Chapter 22 - Trust Issues
Chapter 23 - Let's Start Over
Chapter 24 - Perfectly Imperfect
Chapter 25 - Am I Ready For Love?
Chapter 26 -
Chapter 27 - What Done in the Dark.
Chapter 29 - Tumbling Down
Chapter 30 -Reasons
Timeline
Chapter 31 - Rumor Has It
Chapter 32 - Wake Me Up
Chapter 33 - Hello Fear
Disclaimer -PLEASE READ
Chapter 34 - Goodbye Fear
Chapter 35 - Love Me with Lies
Chapter 36 - Revalations
Chapter 37 - Run for the Hills
Chapter 38 - The Ugly Truth
Chapter 39 - Apologies
Chapter 40 - Going Home
Chapter 41 - Patience is Essence
Chapter 42 - Blossoming Love
Chapter 43 - New Life
Update
Chapter 44 - Epilogue Pt. 1 of 3
Chapter 45- Epilogue Pt. 2 of 3
Chapter 46 - Epilogue Pt 3 of 3
Loving Mr. Billionaire
The Billionaire Bachelor's Wife

Chapter 28 - Coping

131K 4.1K 459
By yanberry

Started this story 3 months ago now I have

102,895 reads!

I loveeeeeeed you all! Freaking Awesome readers!

Thank you :)

COMMENT!!

VOTE!!!!

OK! it's 5:52 AM! My phone battery is about to die. I'm going to bed! I have to be at work in a bit! I guess Starbucks will be my Bestie today!

Have a great day you guys!!

Ghost readers!! vote and comment!!

_________

Ethan's P.O.V.
_________

I know Evan said that we needed head to the airport but I can't even move right now.

I sat on the edge of the bed letting the tears fall on the carpet as I hang my head.

Raelynn has been asking all week long everytime we see each other if I spoke to Bryce and if he's OK.

I promised her he was fine and just busy.

How am I going to wake her up at 3:47 a.m. in the morning to tell her I lied?

How will I tell my niece's and nephew's their dad is not OK?

He was in a fatal car accident!

He might not make it?

Daddy might not be coming home?

You might never see your daddy again?

Even though we're three years older than Bryce you would never be able to tell.

He was always the more mature one, the sound mind, our voice of reasoning, our therapist, our counselor, our confidant, our boss, our referee when we fight, our backbone, our keeper, our big little brother.

Sometimes he even acts like he's our father.

"E! Babe? What's wrong?" I forgot that Quinn was even here.

I felt her move up to the edge of the bed and wrap her arms around me from behind, resting her head in the crook of my neck.

"Ethan please talk to me. Why are you crying?" She asked in a sleepy concerned voice.

I pulled her in my lap and buried my face in her chest as I let the sobs out that I have be trying to contain desperately.

I know I need to pull it together before I go and talk to Rae, this is not something you call and tell her over the phone while she's home alone with four kids and no one to console her.

Evan sounds so broken, he told me he would go and get mom and I agreed to go and get Raelynn to save time and also because I don't think Evan would be able to.

I would like to say that being twins, Evan and I are as close as they come but that's not the case.

Our best friend is Bryce, if we have a problem or need anything, the first person either one of us call is Bryce, not each other.

Bryce has never chosen sides with us, he has always treated us equally.

I sent a silent prayer up to God.

Not yet I beg. Please not yet, he's even about to be a father again.

I was not only hurting for my brother.

I was also hurting for his family. I love those kids so much, I've only known them for month but I would kill to protect them.

I cried for them because they have already been through so much not having him in their lives only for him to be yanked away from them again after a couple of months.

"Baby you're scaring me! Please tell me what's wrong!" I just realized that Quinn was still talking to me as she held me and rubbed my back trying to console me.

Shit. I don't never cry, I hope she doesn't think this makes me any less of a man. But just the thought of little brother never coming back was enough to unman me.

"Bryce-" and took a deep breath and looked her in her eyes "Bryce was in an fatal car accident, don't know if he's gonna make it." I finally told her.

I heard her gasps.

She looked like she couldn't believe me.

I couldn't believe myself right now.

"Oh Ethan, baby I'm so sorry." She cried. "OH MY GOD! Raelynn and my babies! He has to be OK! He has to, what hospital is he in? We have to go there! We have to tell Rae."  She jumped out of my lap, turned the light on and started throwing clothes on.

Her sweater was inside out and on backwards. If it was any other time I would be making a fool out of her but right now I just didn't care.

"In Frankfurt, Germany! Evan has the plane ready to go." She stopped all movements and turned to look at me questioningly.

"I thought Rae said he was in Russia? When did he go to Germany?" Hell if I know, I haven't talked to him much apart from him sending emails bossing me around like always, I mean he is the boss after all, I'm not complaining.

I shrugged my shoulder and called my driver so that he could bring the limo since it would be us plus Rae and the kids, I know she would never leave them behind, she have a hard enough time letting them go for the weekend.

After I arranged the car, I got dressed and we started to pack our luggage.

As soon as the driver came we were in the car and on the way to Rae's house.

I pulled myself together as much as I could before we pulled up in front of her house.

"Are you sure you're ok enough to do this? I can go talk to her if you need me to, I'm here for you babe." Quinn hugged me.

"I'm as good as I'll be until I see my brother and know he's ok!"

"OK, I understand. We have to be strong for her and keep her calm as possible. Remember that she's pregnant." I nod.

He has to be ok. All he ever talks about now is how he wants to have a football team with Rae. He jokes about it but I can tell he's really serious.

He would be so happy to know he's going to be a father again.

"I know!" I assured her as much as I could before we went to the door and got key from under the gnome by the side.

We agreed that Quinn would pack the kids bags and get them ready since she knows where everything is stored, while I go talk to Rae.

I push her bedroom door open only for her to run out from the corner behind the door with a shoe in her hand with the heel pointed outwards.

"Hey! Hey its me! Ethan!" I throw my hands up before she could cause any damage with that thing.

"What the hell E!" She whisper yelled before looking over her shoulder at the two kids asleep in her bed, I guess to make sure she didn't wake them.

She huffed and dropped the shoe!

"What are you doing creeping through my damn house at 4 in the morning! Don't tell me you're on that molly?" She asked.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Bath salt" she asked raising her eyebrows." Are you about to start eating my face? Should I call 911 in advance?"

She laughed! "I'm just playing but seriously why are you here?"

I sighed, there is no appropriate time or place to deliver this news. I sat on her bed and she sat next to me after sensing that what I had to say would be serious.

"Brycewasinafatalcaraccident!" I said all at one. Fuck. This is harder than I thought.

I expected her to cry, scream, throw a tantrum, pass out or do something crazy.

I sat waiting but it never came. I finally looked at her and she was just sitting there looking at nothing in particular.

"He's de-" she started to say but cleared her throat and stopped.

"He's not dead but they don't know if he's going to make it Rae, we need to get to Germany as soon as possible."

"Byce is in Russia." She corrected lowly.

"No Evan said it was a hospital in Frankfurt, Germany that called, I forgot the name."

She simply nod.

She got up and went to her closet, I still sat waiting for a major breakdown, but she only took down her luggage and started packing.

I sighed.

I got up and hugged her. I don't know what she's thinking right now but I know this kind of reaction can't be healthy.

She didn't hug me back. When I let her go, she went right back to packing. Its like she turned on autopilot on herself.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to put the car seats in the limo and get the kids situated. Quinn is packing for them." She didn't respond.

I took her keys and transferred the car seat and booster seats with the help of my driver as well as the bags Quinn brought out. We then buckled in a sleeping Rush and Rayin and went back inside to get Ryder and Tomar.

I walked into the bedroom and Quinn had Rae in her embrace. I heard sobs but as Quinn pulled away, I saw that the tears were hers and Rae still seemed out of it.

I took her bags as she dressed the kids along with Quinn. I kept seeing Quinn throwing worried glances at her which means she must be thinking what I'm thinking.

Her reaction can't be healthy. Is she going to completely lose it at any moment?

A little while later after Rae prepared a bottle for Tomar since she woke up crying

and everyone else was strapped in, I locked the house up and texted Evan that we were on the way.

As soon as we got to the plane. Evan came out and we shared a brief brotherly hug before he hugged Quinn then took Rae into his arms. She still didn't hug him back and was just looking straight ahead at nothing in particular.

He realized after she didn't hug him back that something was not right. He looked at both Quinn and I, but I just shook my head because I had no idea. All we can do is be strong and be there for her.

I took Princess Rain into my arms as she continued to sleep. I always call her Rain even though Rae likes to be complicated and say Ray-in! It all sounds the same, she knows it herself, she's just trying to be unique with the spelling.

Quinn had Ryder and Evan had Rush.

Rae had Tomar in her arms.  As we all made our way up the stairs as the driver loaded the luggage.

As soon as we made it on to the plane I heard the cries of my mother. As much as this was hurting me, I couldn't imagine how she was feeling over her child, her baby boy.

I placed Rayin in the seat next to her gently and reclined it so she could lay back to keep her head from falling all over and then pulled her blanket that she was wrapped in over her.

I took my mother into my arms and consoled her as much as I could while everyone else got situated.

She let go of me to go hug Rae. She then realize she wasn't responding to her. She sat next to her and pat her leg!

"It will be ok hunny!" She sniffed. "My son is a fighter, I know he won't leave you and his kids, he loves you all too much!" She told her.

After we took off, I took Rae and all the kids to the bed in the back so they could sleep comfortably.

She still didn't acknowledge me. She just pulled each child to her side and pulled Tomar on her chest before closing her eyes.

"Just press that red call button next to your head if you need us or the hostess." I told her before leaving and falling into the seat next to my mother.

Evan and Quinn were both sleeping.

"I'm really worried about her mom!" I told my mother who was sitting up staring out the window.

She didn't respond.

Oh god! Not her too!

I exhaled when I felt her hand on mine.

"She's ok. I think its just the way she copes, everyone copes with things differently to ease the pain they feel. I think for her it's just to shut down, but she can only shut down for so long, once she's through that phase, we just have to be sure that we are there to catch her when she falls. Trust me, she will fall, especially if this really is as bad as it seems. Your brother will be fine, just have faith, think negative and negative things will happen, thing positive and positive things will happen, so let's just stay positive unless we have other reasons to be otherwise." She kissed my cheek and resumed watching the clouds go by as the sun was rising.

I laid back in my seat and closed my eyes after looking at the time. I won't be able to sleep.

6 more hours to go.

This is going to kill me.

_______________

Bryce's P.O.V.

________________

It hurts.

My entire body hurts.

My head especially.

What the hell happened.

What is all that clinking metal sounds and people talking.

Beeping.

Where the hell am I?

I remember waking up this morning. We were going to see my lawyer.

We were in the car, Shantel looked so happy today that it made me happy.

I finally got the courage to pull the engagement ring out. 

I remember her screaming, I looked up to see a truck as it slammed into us. Before it could hit us, I tried to jump over her and shield her.

She's already been through enough, I would suffer through all this pain just to keep her happy.

But it was too late. I have no idea what happened.

SHANTEL!

Oh god!

I started to panic.

Please let her be ok!

I felt my body shaking really hard. It hurts so bad. Please tell me I'm not dying.

Please tell me someone rescued us from the wreck.

What if I don't make it out? I'm never going to see my family again, my kids and Rae.

I now feel like I'm losing my mind.

What the hell is going on?

I feel wetness running all over my mouth as my body jerks harder.

Please god make it stop!

"He's having a seizure!"

"BP is dropping!"

"Put the oxygen back on him!"

"Ok he's stable! Put his IV back now in that fell out."

"OK. He's ready again doctor! You can continue to drill the hole in his skull!"

What the fuck!

I tried really hard to open my eyes because this has got to be a dream!

The light was so bright that I closed them back instantly.

I tried again and it was blurry!

Then I saw masks and blue scrubs standing over me. One standing directly over my line of sight was an older man with glasses and a long screw metal looking thing in his hand. He had blood on him.

Our eyes met.

My head was pounding. I grimaced.

"Up his anesthesia dosage he's waking up and up his morphine. We need to hurry and relieve the pressure in his brain right now that the swelling is causing!" He yells across the room.

No! This really can't be happening.

I felt my eyes close as my body starts to jerk again.

God please make it stop, I cried.

"He's having another seizure!"

"Code Blue! Code Blue!"

Beep..

"He's crashing! Pull the crash cart over here fast!"

Beep..

"Clear!"

God please take care of my family.

Beep..

Beep...

Beeppppp......

"......flatlined!"

~~~~Author's note~~~~~

OK I know I always say I won't take a long time to update. Sometimes I really don't. Sometimes to do.

You have to understand that I make this up as I go.

So I only write when I have a really good chapter in mind that I like.

Anyways

WHAT'S GOING ON WITH RAE???

WHAT HAPPENED TO SHANTEL???

BRYCE FLATLINED!!!! What color coffin do you think he would like????

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN GERMANY?????

This is where its all going to go down! What's going to go down exactly? Lol I'll write it soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 106K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
2.1M 82.9K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
63.2K 3.1K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
196K 8.5K 22
Jannet was a young lady, who had just graduation from medical school. She was working at a local hospital and everything was going as planned, in her...