Collide | August Alsina | on...

By theeinterlude__

It's true that opposites attract but that doesn't mean it will be easy. More

one
two
three
five
..
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
tweleve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Inhale
On hold..
Hello Again..

four

2.4K 133 27
By theeinterlude__

August and Davonte had finished up making their last drop and were preparing to head home. The block was hot so they were selling nonstop and neither of the two were complaining.

"We can give storm his cut tomorrow it's late as hell na'" Davonte suggested.

"I'm cool wit dat." August nodded.

Suddenly Davonte's phone started to ring it was Summer, she had got the job working at Starbucks and had been working there for a few weeks now.

Davonte was the one taking her and picking her up because he wasn't too comfortable with her transporting herself around walking or riding the buses quite yet.

Not like she would want to but there is some crazy motherfuckers out there, and she did stand out with her flashy attire so he wanted to be safe. Although him and his cousin hadnt seen each other since they were kids he was still protective over her.

"Shit my bad, imma be thea' in 10" He said over the phone before hanging up.

Picking her up had slipped his mind and he was a few minutes late "I gotta get my cousin from work wanna slide?" He asked August.

"Sure." He replied, he had rode with Davonte anyways so it wasn't like he had a choice. August stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and followed Davonte to his car.

He felt excited in the inside something he hadn't felt in over a year because he was be able to buy Cha and the girls something nice for Christmas. Just seeing a smile on his nieces face because of him was all he cared for.

Even though Christmas was technically over since it was about two am in the morning he was still happy to be able to give them something.

They made it to the Starbucks where Summer worked in the ten minute span and she came walking out when she noticed Davonte's car. She hopped into the backseat taking off her apron and replacing it with her jacket.

"Sorry I'm late" He apologized starting the car back up.

"It's okay" She mumbled.

"How was work?" He asked driving off.

"Not worth my time" She said unlocking her phone.

Davonte lightly chuckled "Anyways this my dawg Yung, Yung this my little cousin Summer."

August turned his head nodding at her "Nice ta' meet you"

She gave a small smile before returning back to her phone putting one headphone into her ear. August thought nothing of her dry response Davonte already told him she was from a rich area in the hills in California. He expected nothing less from bitches like that.

He couldn't stand people who felt like they were above everyone else because they grew up with better opportunities and he was getting that vibe from Summer. The way she was dressed and how she spoke said it all.  Although, she was attractive from what he could see in the dark car a personality like that made her ugly.

"You hungry?" Davonte asked Summer "Yung and I was finna head ta' steak n' shake"

"We was?" August questioned while chuckling.

"Yeah nigga I told you this earlier"

"Musta forgot den" He shrugged.

Summer softly sighed "I have school tomorrow and I just want to head to bed I'm not all that hungry"

Davonte turned to the direction of his moms house "Suit ya self"

After they dropped Summer off she went straight up to her room. Work was awful tonight but she didn't want to tell Davonte that, he'd go in there causing drama.

None of her co-workers really fucked with her except some gay guy named Antonio. They felt like she was boujee and she knew she was but she didn't act like that towards them so they had no reason to not like her.

To top that off there were a couple of guys who kept coming in during her shifts to bother her. The first time they asked for her number and she politely declined but the kept coming in harassing her.

Maeko kicked them out whenever she saw them but they never gave up, she just prayed that they didn't attend her new school then she'd really have to tell Davonte.

Removing her clothes she got into the shower and washed off all the milk and sticky caramel from the coffee from her body. Working at Starbucks made her not even like it anymore and that was all she drank before but she was definitely over it now.

Once she felt clean she lotioned her body up and got into her silk pajamas. While she went to plug her phone onto the charger a knock came on the door before her Aunt walked in with a wrapped gift box.

"About to head ta' bed?"

Summer nodded sitting down on the edge of her bed.

"Listen I kno' you don't want to be hea' and we have butted heads a few times these past few weeks but you're still my niece and I love you" She walked over to Summer to give her a hug.

"I love you too Aunty" She said genuinely hugging her back.

She motioned for Summer to take the gift and she did "Na' I kno' you're used ta' big extravagant Christmas's but we just don't got it like that. I still got you a lil something though."

"Thank you" Summer smiled "You really didn't have to."

"Open it" She clasped her hands together.

Summer ripped away the wrapping paper on the small box and took the lid off, it was a small charm bracelet that had her name on it. It wasn't the most expensive thing in the world but it was cute.

"Aww aunty"

"You like it?" Her eyes widened in shock.

Summer playfully rolled her eyes "Yes I do I'm not that boujee."

"Well you welcome. Have a great first day tomorrow, I'll be at work befo' you wake up. Davonte should be takin' you until we figure something out."

"Howwww about convincing my mom to send my car down here?"

Summers Aunt laughed "Girl yo mama is not going fa' you driving no Range Rover in the hood. We'll figure something out I promise."

Summer sighed getting into the bed "Okay goodnight."

"Night" She flipped the light switch off and closed the door to her room.

Meanwhile August was just getting home after eating and chopping it up with Davonte.

He went into the room the girls shared after getting the presents he hid in the closet. They were all fast asleep so he opted on just leaving them there for them to open in the morning.

"Uncle Aug is that you" Kaiden stirred in her sleep while sitting up.

He placed the last gift down by the bed "Yeah baby it's me go back ta' sleep"

"Presents" Her eyes widened "Noo I'm awake now"

"Aight you can open yours up but don't wake ya sistas" He cracked a small smile.

She nodded eagerly hopping off the bed and onto the floor, August helped her unwrap the box and she nearly screamed when she saw what was inside.

"C'mon Kay you gon wake em up" He stressed

She covered her mouth with her hand looking up at him "I'm sorry"

"It's okay. You like it though?"

"Mhm how you know I wanted dis doll unc?" She asked and ran her little fingers through the baby dolls hair.

"I just kno"

She wrapped her arms around his neck smiling then gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Thank you I love you."

"I luh you too go on back to bed na' before mommy chew us out"

She giggled slipping back under the covers closing her eyes "Night"

"Goodnight" He tucked her in fully and pushed some loose hairs from her ponytail behind her ear.

••
The next morning Summer was up bright and early for school. Davonte was going to pick her up in the next thirty minutes so she had to hurry up and get dressed since she spent majority of the time on her makeup.

After finding a suitable outfit to wear she put it on then spritzed her self with a few pumps of perfume.

She heard a loud honk outside followed by additional ones before grabbing her book bag and phone.

"Impatient ass" She mumbled to herself before leaving the house. "Damn nigga" She remarked as she got into the car.

"Coulda been sleeping for all I kno' " Davonte said pulling out of the driveway.

"Mm" She said.

"Eat breakfast?" Summer shook her head no. "Bet imma stop at McDonald's..or you don't eat dat?"

"Davonte stop playing with me" She sucked her teeth hitting him in the shoulder.

"Don't blame a nigga for asking'"

She rolled her eyes "Yes. I eat McDonald's."

"All you had ta' say"

He pulled into the drive-thru ordering them both some food and Summer ate filling her stomach up. She didn't know what that school served for lunch and she for sure didn't want to find out.

"Any nigga botha you let me kno' I'a shoot this bitch up." He said.

"Okay Davonte" She put her hand on the door handle as they pulled in front of the school.

"I'm serious any nigga get disrespectful call me, on my mama he gon wish he didn't"

"I will I will. Promise"

"Aight have a good day, I'a pick you up at 2:30" He leaned over to give a hug and she gave him one back.

Sliding out of her seat she got out of the car shutting the door behind her. As soon as she walked inside the building eyes were on her as expected.

Some guys stared lustfully while some girls looked her up and down with a mug. Ignoring their glances she made her way into what seemed to be the front office.

"How can I help you?" The receptionist asked her.

"I need a schedule I'm new." She said.

"First and Last name?"

"Summer Banks" She answered tapping her nails on the counter.

The woman typed a few things onto the computer before a paper began to print out, after writing something on the paper she handed it to Summer "There you go, you'll need to get an ID made at the library before the end of the week"

"Thank you" Summer took the paper looking over her classes. "Fucking college algebra first" She mumbled to herself as she walked out.

"Summer?"

Summer looked up and saw Antonio, he was the guy she worked with at Starbucks. The only one she got along with besides Maeko.

"Oh hey Antonio I didn't know you went here."

He playfully groaned "Girl yes, I go ta' this bullshit school. What's yo first class?"

"College algebra in room 2501"

Antonio made a face "Yikes, good luck with dat, I have English right now"

Summer sighed "Any idea where the class is?"

He nodded taking her schedule and skimmed the rest of her classes "Yeah it'll be on the second floor all the way down the hall."

"Thank you."

"No problem" He handed the paper back "We have anatomy together so I'a see you lata Mrs.thang"

Summer nodded and they both departed ways. She took the stairs onto the second floor and followed Antonio's directions down the hall finding her class.

Making her way inside everyone had already found their seats. Feeling eyes on her she quickly found an open desk in the back taking her place.

She just prayed she could go the whole day without being bothered.

When lunch time came around Antonio had dragged Summer to the cafeteria with him even though she desperately did no want to. "Ant I'm not even hungry."

"Oh we on nickname basis? We friends friends." He cackled pulling her to an open table.

"Shut up" She pushed him taking a seat.

"Keep our table warm while I go get something"

She sighed "Fine, hurry"

He went off to the lunch line and she scrolled through her phone to pass time. As she did that some guy came strolling by taking a seat "Wassup"

She looked him up and down, he was attractive but the way he approached her was a total turn off. He stood at 6'2 with an slim athletic frame, dark chocolate skin, waves, and pearly white teeth.

"Um hi?" She greeted him looking his way weirdly.

"I take it you new hea?" He asked staring into her eyes licking over his lips. "I'm Trevor"

"Okay..." She trailed off—he stared at her waiting for her to introduce herself but she didn't catch the hint..or maybe she did but wanted him to ask.

"Damn can I get ya name baby?" He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes "Summer."

"Summer, I like that. Whea you from?"

Not engaged in the conversation at all she continued to look through her phone before responding blandly "Calabasas."

He looked at her weirdly then took the time to actually take in her appearance and it made sense, she was dripped down in designer. "Okay rich girl.."

"Don't—Don't call me that. I gave you my name, use it" She flashed a fake smile.

He clenched his jaw and tucked in his lips to refrain himself from saying something smart that could ruin his chances with her, "My fault, but listen would it be coo' if I got yo numba?"

Summer noticed Antonio walking back to the table  so she decided to quickly end the conversation "I'm sorry I already have a boyfriend back home" she lied.

"That so?" He questioned staring into her eyes, Summer couldn't lie this Trevor guy was sexy as hell but she wasn't looking for any type of relationship and especially not while she was here.

She batted her eyes "That's what I said."

"Hmm. I'a catch you around then." He stood up making his way back to his friends.

Summer scoffed as Antonio sat down giving her a look "Bitch.."

"Antonio don't start"

"Girl you was just talking ta' the biggest man whore at this school. The nigga fine but don't fall for it."

She laughed "Trust me I already turned him down"

"Thata girl" He took a bite of his pizza "He won't stop trying though."

"And he gon keep getting curved" She remarked.

Or will he?

Bleep bloop, starting to get in the groove of the story buuuuut Aug and Summer have briefly met 👀

Trevor may or may not start some problems.. that he can't finish 🤷🏾‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 2K 11
Ms Venable X Reader You take a new job as Ms Venables assistant even though everyone tells you horrible things about her you want to give it a go an...
1.2K 32 12
Sometimes its not about how you found one another, sometimes its about how you stuck together through it all.
80.2K 589 48
youn gotta like it but, its just something.
49.4K 3.7K 63
Don't let them fool you, heartache isn't always caused because of love.