RICH YOUNG MISTRESS: YOUNG MA...

By chaniex24

Rich Young Mistress: Young Master Xie's Dearest Beloved Wife summary: Yun Bixue is in dire straits- Her fianc... More

Chapter 16-30
Chapter 31-45
chapter 46-55
chapter 56-65
Chapter 66-85
chapter 86-95
Chapter 96-105
Chapter 106-120
Chapter 121-140
Chapter 141-160
Chapter 161-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-210
Chapter 211-220

Chapter 1-15

8.6K 126 30
By chaniex24

chap1

Luxury Emperor Ballroom

The Luxury Emperor's ballroom was where the affluent congregated in Ning An Cityon the lavish street of Hua'an.

Yun Bixue sat in the corner on the second floor of the ballroom, looking over the distinguished guests on the lower floor. The edges of her lips arched mockingly at herself.

The ballroom was large and could accommodate more than a thousand people. Melodious music slowly filled the venue.

From time to time, prominent celebrities and esteemed guests would enter the venue, accompanied by cheers erupting from the ballroom's entrance.

The overhead spotlights flashed continuously, in unison with the excited cheers.

Yun Bixue remained indifferent as she watched the event unfold until she noticed him entering the venue.

Donning a dark brown tuxedo, he was tall, elegant and appeared to be in his late twenties. His defined features and porcelain skin shone under the bright lights, exuding elegance and a luxurious aura effortlessly.

All eyes fell on him as he became the immediate focus. Just like the Sun, he was warm and dazzling. His accompanying partner was equally beautiful, dressed in a brilliant scarlet evening gown, graceful and alluring.

"It's Young Master Su and Miss Meng!" someone exclaimed. The crowd snapped out of their shock and approached the couple to greet them and convey their good wishes.

Yun Bixue let out a deep sigh; the person she had been waiting for had finally arrived.

The conversations and toasts on the lower floor continued, only to be interrupted by a crisp sound from above. The door at the top of the staircase leading to the second floor opened and the crowd looked up at the source of the noise.

A graceful lady glided gently down the stairs. Her skin was pale like a jade, and her pulled back silky black hair revealed her slender neckline. Her simple aqua gown contrasted against her celestial beauty, highlighting it.

"Who is she?" a voice in the crowd blurted. No one recalled ever seeing such an alluring beauty in Ning An City.

"Yun Bixue!"

The source of the voice was unknown, and the crowd grew puzzled. Yun Bixue... Could she belong to the Yun family?

"Yun Bixue is the most cherished granddaughter of Grandfather Yun. The Yun family has been declared bankrupt and is no longer regarded as influential. Moreover, Grandfather Yun is in the hospital with an unstable condition. How can Yun Bixue appear in such an event?" Confusion clouded over the faces in the crowd.

"Could she be attempting to regain their authority through this event?"

In the midst of the commotion, Yun Bixue strutted towards Su Lenghan, picking up two glasses of red wine as she passed the waiter.

"Here's a toast to you, Su Lenghan!" Yun Bixue smiled as she passed a glass to the other.

If she'd had any other opportunities to meet him, she wouldn't have expended the effort to grace this event.

The warmth in Su Lenghan's eyes showed a cold glinthe had never seen Yun Bixue in such an extravagant get-up.

In the past, she never wore a skirt and blended in with the crowd with her ordinary appearances. However, he was astounded today by how elegant and graceful she could be.

Noticing his dazed expression, his accompanying partner, Meng Xinyan, gently shook his arm as she called his name, "Lenghan?"

Su Lenghan regained his composure and looked at his partner reassuringly. He then turned to Yun Bixue and took the glass of wine from her.

Meng Xinyan retreated silently to offer Su Lenghan some privacy.

Sipping on her wine while leaning in, Yun Bixue whispered, "Su Lenghan, if you wish to keep the severing of your engagement a secret, lend me 600,000 yuan."

Yes, Grandfather Yun's surgery cost 600,000 yuan, and it was only after suffering the current plight of the Yun family that she realized that she lived in a cold-hearted society. If there had been alternatives, she wouldn't have to approach Su Lenghan.

chap2

Su Lenghan's cold gaze stiffened a little. Frowning, he said, "Bixue, this isn't the kind of person you ought to be."

As Bixue looked at the emotionally distant mannoting the impatience in his voiceshe unwittingly tightened her grip on the wine glass in her hand. Bitterness seeped in as she realized that she had misjudged him all along.

"Su Lenghan, even after spending three years together, you don't understand me. The Yun family is in shambles, to save my grandfather, I am willing to do anything. Furthermore, isn't the collapse of the Yun family the reason that you're together with Meng Xinyan?"

It would be a lie to say that she didn't care. After all, having spent three years together, even if there was no chemistry between them, they had grown accustomed to each other's presence. In contrast, she was now being treated with neglect. Nobody knew that her self-worth was being eroded piece by piece.

Su Lenghan gave the wine glass a shake, staring at the red wine within. Rays of cold-bloodedness emitted from his elegant face. "Bixue, I know you understand that I don't love you. I hope you don't continue to pester me."

Pesterupon hearing that word, Yun Bixue felt something tightening around her heart. The lingering smile she'd had, grew stiff and could no longer be maintained.

Meng Xinyan saw that Su Lenghan looked as though he wanted to drink some wine, and stepped forward. "Lenghan, you can't drink. Father hopes that we can have a child together this year." Meng Xinyan grumbled playfully.

As Su Lenghan looked toward Meng Xinyan, his gaze grew warm. "Alright, I won't drink. Apologies, Miss Yun, I'm afraid I am unable to reciprocate your toast."

Yun Bixue found the harmonious image of them painful to look at. What was she still hoping for? Even Su Lenghan was unwilling to lend her money, and nobody would be willing to make themselves the enemies of the An family of Tian Jing City.

In the face of various looks filled with prejudice, compassion, or empathy, Yun Bixue maintained her elegant smile. She raised her wine glass and presented a toast toward the crowd, and downed the entire glassful.

At the same moment, scuffling and yelling broke out at the entrance.

With two bodyguards clearing the way, a man of incomparable magnificence entered.

Donning a well-tailored, handmade white suit, it was as though he came from another world. His tall stature was well-built and filled with extraordinary elegance. His ink-black short hair reflected light off the chandelier and lingered. His picturesque eyes shone like glass. His complexion was snow-white, with a face that was overwhelmingly exquisite. His temperament was mellow, yet dreamy.

The moment he stepped into the hall, everyone's attention was spontaneously attracted toward him. Some even gasped, such an extremely gorgeous man possessed breathtakingly shocking beauty.

Yun Bixue was shaken as well. She had not known that such an enchanting man had existed in this world. His beauty was beyond her comprehension.

The moment only lasted a second before Yun Bixue lowered her head. The more beautiful the man, the more toxic he was. This was evident in the case of An Yexuan, and in the current case of Su Lenghan.

While Yun Bixue locked her brows in thought, she was suddenly pushed from behind. She staggered, and her heels stepped on the hemline of her dress. Losing balance, she fell face first onto the floor.

"Ping... Pa..." Yun Bixue fell, and her wine glass shattered, making a crisp sound that broke the silence in the hall. The crowd's attention was shifted toward Yun Bixue immediately.

All of it happened in a second. Yun Bixue's entire body was shivering with pain. The color was drained from her face and blood had stained her hand. But she fought with all she had to hold on, she did not want others to treat her as a joke.

chap3

When Yun Bixue attempted to pick herself up, a sudden force pushed her down again.

"Sister, Sister are you alright? It must be painful..."

A delicate voice was heard, a petite girl wearing a white one-piece ran toward Yun Bixue. She lowered herself and tried to help Yun Bixue, tears dripping down her cheeks.

The crowd immediately developed a tender affection for this petite girl. She was so pure and endearing, making others want to protect her. The crowd almost ignored Yun Bixue, who had fallen and remained reactionless.

Yun Bixue raised her head and looked at her cousin 1 Yun Mengshi, and felt cynical. After being pushed by her cousin, the glass shards had pierced her palm and arm. Sweat was even coming out of her forehead.

Witnessing this scene, Xie Limo's steps paused. With his almond eyes shimmering, his mouth curled apathetically.

Upon seeing Yun Bixue's clear, beautiful face and the enduring stubbornness in her eyes, Xie Limo's eyes flickered. His laid-back expression changed slightly and advanced toward Yun Bixue. He lowered himself and extended his right hand which was as exquisite as jade.

"Are you okay?" asked Xie Limo, the center of his fine eyebrows furrowed slightly as he looked at Yun Bixue. His question was delivered slowly, with a voice that was as clear as a running river. The voice flowed into Yun Bixue's heart, filling her with warmth.

A lump formed in her throat. In her most sorry state, she ended up having a stranger save her.

Yun Bixue took her undamaged hand and placed it in Xie Limo's palm. He closed his hand, and the warmth from his hand transferred to her heart.

As for Yun Mengshi, she looked at the man in front of her from closeby, he was as outstanding as a white lotus. She felt her heart race and her soul quiver. She had to have this man.

Xie Limo had not even stolen a glance at Yun Mengshi. After helping Yun Bixue to her feet, he spoke sleekly, "Xie Liu, help her dress her wounds."

A man wearing a black suit came from behind and bowed respectfully at Xie Limo. He then approached Yun Bixue. "Miss Yun, please follow me."

Yun Bixue nodded. Turning toward Xie Limo, she said, "Mr. Xie, thank you very much for what happened today." After all, at her lowest point, it was he who extended a helping hand. She was grateful to him.

Yun Mengshi recovered from her trance and realized that Yun Bixue was about to leave. She gave chase immediately, tears falling as she closed the distance. "Sister, you're bleeding. It must be excruciating..."

Yun Bixue frowned and turned her head. "Yun Mengshi, I only have one sister. I'll be grateful if you do not follow me in the future."

Yun Mengshi felt the color drain from her face and helplessly lowered her head. Her face was covered in tears. "Sister, what do you mean?"

Various thoughts arose amidst the crowd. It was known that Young Master Xie hated girls who made a scene during banquets as an excuse to get close to him. Once, someone fell on purpose to get Young Master Xie's attention and got on his bad side. That girl had since been removed from the list of prestigious and influential people.

Furthermore... it was rumored that Young Master Xie was not responsive to women, but what about the current situation? Miss Yun sure is fortunate.

Yun Mengshi stomped her feet, turned around to face Young Master Xie and smiled with gratitude. "Young Master Xie, thank you for saving my sister today." The smile was sweet, gentle and charming, captivating a few other onlooking scions.

Xie Limo gave an indifferent glance toward Yun Mengshi and continued walking forward. "Continue with the banquet!" As soon as the command was issued, the hall was filled with orchestral music, leaving Yun Mengshi standing awkwardly.

A few young ladies looked at Yun Mengshi jealously. "Nice act. The Yun family is already bankrupt, and yet here she is!"

chap4

Naturally, someone responded to the comment, "That's right, she is just pretending to be innocent."

"Typical pretentious b*tch, even worse than her sister."

One scion couldn't bear the smack talk. "Can't you give it a rest? You become jealous as soon as you see someone prettier than you. The Yun family is in a dire state already, you don't have to worsen the situation."

"Please take note of the circumstances and avoid making trouble. Young Master Xie has returned to take over the entire Ning An City. He's part of the legendary Northern Xie Southern Wang. Take care that he doesn't start things off with your family."

Although he didn't understand what Young Master Xie represented, his father had drilled it into his head that he had to put on a good performance in front of Young Master Xie. Enough respect had to be shown.

"What is Northern Xie Southern Wang, does anyone know?" A woman was unimpressed. Although Ning An City was the biggest city in the country, it was still under the jurisdiction of the capital city's political-administrative center.

Young Master Bai looked at his impenitent younger sister and shook his head. Admittedly, such secrets were only known by those who were to succeed the current generation of the prestigious and influential.

Yun Bixue had finished treating the wounds on her hand and arm and left the hall. While she walked, she worried over the 600,000 yuan surgery fee for her grandfather, unaware of the drizzle that had started.

However, when she saw a shadowy figure next to the luxury car in front of her, she paused. Her expression froze, and she pursed her lips; all color drained from them.

The tall and cold figure turned around, revealing the handsome face of a man through the rain. He held a cigarette in one hand, its smoke dispersing in the air.

Despite Yun Bixue not being able to see him clearly, she could feel the atmosphere turn gloomy.

Yun Bixue snickered, eyes filled with coldness. "Has Young Master An come to see my sorry state? Or is it to watch the Yun family make a fool of themselves?"

An Yexuan looked at Yun Bixue silently. His ink-black eyes were filled with darkness. They almost looked like black whirlpools that could suck up people's souls. His slender finger bent the cigarette and tossed it on the floor. The embers died instantly.

Yun Bixue had to admit, the man in front of her exuded an air of superiority and elegance in the way he carried himself.

The extinguished embers were like the complications between him and hera cancerous one.

"If you hadn't done anything to Chu Fei'er back then, your family would have been fine." An Yexuan's voice was pressed low, suggesting that he was suppressing something.

Yun Bixue's face grew paler. She said coldly, "An Yexuan, I have told you countless times before. I did not do anything to Chu Fei'er. I have nothing to do with anything that happened, yet you shove all the blame onto me. Are you satisfied now that you have exacted vengeance on me?"

"When Chu Fei'er can come back to life, the Yun family will be restored to its former glory. Your grandfather's condition will be also taken care of."

Yun Bixue's mouth curled into a mocking smile. Chu Fei'er had been dead for a long time, it would be a miracle for her to come back. "Young Master An, I hope you won't regret your actions in the future."

Yun Bixue turned around and left. Walking in the rain, each step she took felt punctuated with sadness and bitterness.

An Yexuan hailed from the country's most influential and prestigious An family, holding an important status in the entire country. He ordered that no one was to extend help toward the Yun family. Naturally, no one dared to disobey. It seemed that nothing could be done about Grandfather Yun's surgery fee.

Even Su Lenghan wanted to cut ties with her, going so far as to unite his family with the Meng's with a marriage alliance.

Around the corner of the road, a car suddenly pulled up next to Yun Bixue. The window opened, "Miss Yun, it's raining. Let me give you a ride." It was Xie Liu, the man who had helped her bandage her hand earlier.

Yun Bixue tugged at her coat and shook her head, "That won't be necessary, taking the bus will do."

"Miss Yun, please get in the car. If you don't, Young Master Xie will punish me for doing a poor job when I return."

chap5

Yun Bixue watched the rain curtain in the distance, thoughts enveloping her. She contemplated over the events that happened today, before getting into the car.

When she arrived at her home, it was late into the night. As she exited the car, Xie Liu handed a gold name card over to her. "Miss Yun, Young Master Xie has stated that if you encounter any problems, you can ask him for help."

Yun Bixue had wanted to refuse the offer. Something crossed her mind, however, and she accepted the name card, putting it into her pocket.

Yun Bixue walked toward the front gate of her house. As soon as she entered, a shrill voice of a woman said, "Yo, our Miss has returned, hasn't she. Some skills you've got, after being discarded by Young Master Su, you attached yourself to another rich person."

The remark came from Yang Siru, Yun Bixue's aunt, who had grown tired of Yun Bixue's grandfather's favoritism toward Yun Bixue and her sister, she took every opportunity to mock Yun Bixue.

Yun Bixue felt a knot in her stomach. Su Lenghan had initially been her fianc, but he had immediately switched to having a marriage alliance with the Meng family after the fall of the Yun family.

However, she couldn't be bothered to deal with Yang Siru. After her grandfather was hospitalized, she rarely stayed at home. She had only returned for the sole purpose of collecting some documents.

Yang Siru couldn't bear Yun Bixue's air of arrogance. She blurted out in rage, "You sure have grown capable haven't you, even ignoring your aunt. If you are so capable, why don't you save the Yun family? If you hadn't offended the An family, ours wouldn't be in this state. You only know how to bewitch others with that vixen face of yours, too bad he's not interested... The old master treated you so well, yet you are doing nothing to help. You little..."

"Give it a rest will you!" interjected Yun Bixue's uncle, who could not endure it any longer.

"What, you a**hole, all you do is help outsiders. Haven't you seen how this ungrateful b*tch treated the Yun family?"

Yang Siru used every opportunity she could find to swear. Fallen from grace, she even had to cut back on her food and clothes. She had been bottling up her anger for a long while. Now that Yun Bixue was home, she took the chance to vent.

"Siru!" Old Lady Shen came down from the second floor with the help of a walking cane.

"Aiya, mum, what are you doing here? You need to be careful not to fall." Yang Siru's expression changed immediately. She went forward to support Old Lady Shen obsequiously.

"Bixue, you have returned. Ah, the hospital just issued a notice about your grandfather's surgery fees. Surely you know that your grandfather doted on you the most. I hope you can save him this time." Old Lady Shen looked at Yun Bixue lovingly, but those eyes were tainted with schemes and calculations.

"Grandma, I will try to come up with a plan." Yun Bixue felt a slight headache, she did not want to remain in the house any longer.

Heh, they sure know how to put it nicely. Under the pretext of being worried for Grandfather, they took over the house. They are all selfish people who have done nothing to help the situation. After all, the Yun family used to be a wealthy family. They had to have something to show, at the very least.

And they believed that the current situation was caused by Yun Bixue alone.

If it were up to Yun Bixue, she would have sold the car and the house to fund her grandfather's hospital fees.

But with the presence of people like Old Lady Shen and Yang Siru, she could not do so. She had to come up with other plans.

Old Lady Shen knocked the floor with her walking cane. "What plans can you possibly come up with? Here's the deal, I have discussed with the Qin family. Since you're so beautiful, if you are willing to serve Young Master Qin as his mistress, the Qin family is willing to give our family 100 million yuan. That will be enough to save your grandfather. You wouldn't like your grandfather, who was so nice to you, to be unable to undergo surgery, would you? I doubt you'd want to land yourself a reputation of being unfilial either..."

Old Lady Shen piled on the pressure, and she was even emotionally blackmailing Yun Bixue now.

"That's right, although Young Master Qin is very ill, he is still handsome. You've struck gold, what's there not to like?" Yang Siru gloated.

Yun Bixue wanted to laugh in exasperation. 100 million yuan, that was what she was worth. She wondered if Old Lady Shen thought that 100 million yuan was even a bit on the high side.

Yun Bixue suppressed her hate and bitterness. Did Old Lady Shen think that she was unaware of the condition that Young Master Qin was in? He was very ill, and couldn't walk properly. It was rumored that his days would soon come to an end.

chap6

The reason that marriage was not mentioned instead, was because the Qin family only had Young Master Qin as the sole heir. The Qin family wanted to avoid potentially having her inherit Young Master Qin's riches if anything were to happen to him. As a result, they directly requested Yun Bixue to be a mistress.

Yun Bixue calmed herself. "Grandmother, I am the head of the Yun family and the next heir in line. To protect the dignity of the Yun family, I obviously can't become a secret mistress to someone. I will save grandfather within three days."

Grandfather's surgery had to be done within four days. So she had to gather enough funds within three days.

"If you can't do it within three days, head to the Qin family by yourself!"

Old Lady Shen grunted and went back up the stairs. She knew that Yun Bixue was an obstinate person, and it would be unwise to push her over the edge. But if the three days were over and Yun Bixue was unable to gather enough funds, she could not be blamed for taking matters into her own hands.

Yun Bixue returned to her bedroom on the third floor and flopped onto the bed. She emptied her mind, and all her tiredness seemed to melt away in an instant.

She rubbed the area between her eyebrows which was aching slightly and thought about what had happened today. Then she withdrew the gold name card, and on it written in a stately manner was the name "Xie Limo."

So his name is Xie Limo!

Yun Bixue thought for a moment before putting the name card back into her pocket. Then she drew a pair of keys from the safe and headed toward grandfather's study room.

She opened the safe in grandfather's study room and withdrew some documents. When she looked at the signature on it, her eyes were filled with nostalgia and sadness.

After a good while, a tear fell. Yun Bixue wiped it away gently and left with the documents.

The next day, when Yun Bixue came down the stairs, she saw her uncle's family eating. Yun Mengshi had returned as well. She saw Yun Bixue and immediately approached her happily. "Sister, you have returned. My mother has cooked some nice dishes, why don't you join us?"

Yun Bixue glanced at Yun Mengshi coldly, and her mouth curled mockingly. Without saying another word, she headed to the door.

Yang Siru immediately shouted towards Old Lady Shen on the second floor, "Mum, you've seen it all. See how that wretched girl treats Mengshi. Mengshi was so nice to her, yet she treats Mengshi in that manner. She thinks she's so great, yet she doesn't even save father. Just look at her grave-looking face, not even a hint of an expression..."

Yun Bixue didn't respond to Yang Siru and left without a word. She took the car from the underground garage and headed toward Feng Hua Road's Samite Mountain Villa. It was a bungalow mountain villa with a rich history, filled with a charm of antiquity. The scenery there was heart-stirring.

Yun Bixue looked at the vines on the stone wall; they were bursting with life. As she couldn't enter, she took some time just looking around outside the wall. Then she headed to the hospital.

In the VIP suite, Yun Bixue looked at her grandfather, who was still in a coma. She felt tears coming to her eyes.

"Doctor, is my grandfather alright?"

"Miss Yun, Old Master Yun has overworked himself in the past few years, and his condition isn't so good. If he doesn't undergo surgery within the next four days, it would be very dangerous for him." Doctor Yang in a white coat sighed softly.

Yun Bixue nodded her head. For the sake of her grandfather, perhaps it was time to make a decision.

In the afternoon, Yun Bixue kept waiting outside the Su family building. The front desk had informed her that Su Lenghan was absent.

She found the situation a bit ironic. Previously she had been able to enter this place as though it was her own home. It was truly water under the bridge, with everything changed.

chap7

Yun Bixue remained outside the building for a couple hours before leaving to wait at the carpark. When it was time to get to work, Su Lenghan turned up at the carpark as expected.

The instant Su Lenghan saw Yun Bixue, his beautiful brows frowned and impatience permeated from his handsome face. Together with his tall and noble figure, it was a sight to behold. "Bixue, must you continue to pester me?"

"Su Lenghan, I have come to you for the last time, and I only have one favor to ask."

Yun Bixue advanced slowly toward Su Lenghan; her heart could not help but wrench. She felt that she was stepping on her dignity each step of the way, but the burden she carried made it impossible for her to retreat.

Yun Bixue stood in front of Su Lenghan. Looking at his exquisite and beautiful face, she took a deep breath, clenched her fists, and lowered her head slightly. In a soft and gentle voice, she said, "Lenghan, if I told you that only if we were to marry the Yun family would survive this crisis, would you marry me?"

Su Lenghan was shocked. His gentle and refined eyes grew slightly wider and stared intently at Yun Bixue.

It was his first time seeing her being so sweet and gentle. She looked dazzling with the dim light of the carpark cast on her.

He could not keep his heart from shaking at the tenderness she displayed when she lowered her head. At such a close distance, he could even smell the unique fragrance of Yun Bixue's body.

For a moment he was caught in a trance. His hand extended slightly, wanting to embrace her delicate figure.

Suddenly, a mobile ringtone broke the peaceful atmosphere, and Su Lenghan recovered from his trance. He looked at the name displayed on the phone, and his brows narrowed. "Hello."

"Lenghan, are you still at the carpark? Why haven't you come out yet? It will be rush hour soon. My father just told me that my mother has finished preparing the dishes."

"Alright, give me a second, I'll be there right away." Su Lenghan's voice was filled with gentleness, and his tone became more relaxed.

Hanging up, Su Lenghan looked at Yun Bixue and sighed softly, "Bixue, I'm the one to blame here. As you know, I am going to marry Xinyan soon, and nothing can be changed."

Yu Bixue overheard the conversation, and her face grew pale. "Su Lenghan, don't tell me that you've forgotten all the times we've spent together. Could it be that you've never loved me before?"

Su Lenghan turned away and paused. With his back to Yun Bixue, he said, "Bixue, you know this already. That was just a love affair, but isn't it only normal for people like us? I am very sorry. Please don't look for me again. Xinyan will be upset if you do."

Yun Bixue stared blankly as Su Lenghan drove away, and felt her entire body become ice cold.

An unknown amount of time passed, and her body became very numb. She took her phone out and called every contact she had, but discovered that no one dared to have any relationship with her, much less talk about marriage.

Finally, a soulless Yun Bixue arrived at the Luxury Emperor's bar. She stood at the bar table, listening to the messy music behind her, and told the bartender, "I'll have an Unparalleled Belle!"

The bartender was stupefied for a while, then looked at Yun Bixue, a bit unsure of what he just heard. The Unparalleled Belle's alcohol content was the highest in the world, and it was very expensive.

Yun Bixue saw the doubt in the bartender's eyes and felt a coldness in her heart. She took out a wad of cash from her bag. "Can you make the drink now?"

The bartender looked at the cash. It was actually not enough. Regardless, he made Yun Bixue's drink expressionlessly.

Yun Bixue downed the drink and soon found herself extremely groggy. She noticed that the bartender didn't make any more for her and snarled, "What's the problem? Are you scared that I don't have enough money? Here, take my card, and continue to make me more Unparalleled Belle."

Yun Bixue's vision was slightly blurred, and she didn't notice that the card she held was the gold name card.

chap8

Upon seeing the gold name card, the bartender turned pale. "Miss, rest assured! I will make you the drink immediately!" His tone became polite.

This time, the bartender concocted the ordered drink earnestly and sincerely.

When Yun Bixue desired a drink, the bartender complied.

Inadvertently, she became drunk. In her drowsy state of mind, Yun Bixue could only feel her body settling on a large cozy bed.

In an opulent presidential suite.

As Xie Limo exited the bathroom in his bathrobe, he noticed a woman lying on his posh big bed. His captivating eyes squinted slightly as he glared coldly at her.

The lady seemed to have had one too many; strong alcohol scents emitted from in between her breaths. The corners of Xie Limo's cherry blossom pink lips arched. He could tell she was a stunning beauty just from her scent. Such a gutsy woman, a gutsy woman who dares to drink.

Ever since he turned fifteen, countless others had tried endlessly to offer him women, but to no avail. He had never been agreeable to their doing. He had, however, not expected someone to act on their own accord in Ning An City.

Xie Limo sat by the bed and observed the woman laying next to him. Her long silk-like hair concealed her face, but her figure was enticing. Her skin glowed lightly and was delicate like snow. Her blouse opened slightly, exposing her exquisite collarbone and emitting a glamorous radiance.

Xie Limo turned his charming gaze away, radiating a mysterious aura. His lips curled slightly into an ambiguous smirk, carrying a hint of self-contempt. She was indeed a beauty. It was a pity that he had never wavered.

While Xie Limo was lost in his thoughts, Yun Bixue was still struggling in her sleep. As if in heart-wrenching pain and loneliness, she removed the jacket scattered across her body and shook her head restlessly. She appeared to be having a nightmare.

As Xie Limo recognized her face, his intricate features twisted slightly and his eyes glistened. "So it was you!" His voice sounded low and dull and his emotions enigmatic.

Just as he was about to rise from the bed, he noticed her tears dried after crying ceaselessly. Nestled in the bed multiple times larger, it contrasted against her small and fragile frame, emphasizing the paleness in her face. Due to her disturbed sleep, her eyelashes were damp with tears.

After much deliberation, Xie Limo used his slender fingers to wipe away Yun Bixue's tears. "Stop crying." His voice was melodious and was seemingly comfortingly in itself.

Yun Bixue dreamed of her grandfather, of how her affectionate grandfather had stayed by her side during her childhood. However, just as he flashed a smile, he abruptly vanished.

Yun Bixue lunged forward, trying to grab him. "Grandfather, don't leave Nuan Nuan... Nuan Nuan will be obedient..."

Accompanying the despondency in her words, Yun Bixue's tears gushed out endlessly, unable to be dried.

Xie Limo gently pursed his cherry red lip, fixing his gaze on Yun Bixue. A hint of sympathy flashed across his alluring eyes. "Be good, I won't leave. Have a good rest." His tone was low yet enchanting.

Appearing to be reassured, Yun Bixue finally calmed down in her slumber. She stopped crying, and her sleeping face turned sweet and pure, a face one would not disturb.

Seeing that Yun Bixue had settled, Xie Limo rose to look out the window. Looking down at the cars in the alleyways, his eyes swiftly turned cold. After much thought, he gave a devilish smirk.

Subsequently, he dialed a private number. "Check everything that transpired today. Regardless of importance, I want a thorough search!"

chap9

After ending the call, Xie Limo stood in front of the window. Staring intently at the night sky, his thoughts tumbling and his emotions indiscernible.

After some deliberation, Xie Limo turned around, looking at the purse and document scattered by the bedside expectantly. His eyes glimmered with serenity.

Withdrawing his apathetic demeanor, he bent down to retrieve both the purse and document. Just as he was about to stash the document away in the purse, he noticed the words on it. He paused momentarily before opening the document. The corner of his upturned lips drooped solemnly, as he stored the document safely in the purse.

When Yun Bixue awakened, she felt an excruciating pain in her head, and her body was agonizingly sore. Prying open her eyes, she found herself lying in a foreign and luxurious house. Terror washed over her as she remained in a daze. A trace of confusion flashed across her dazzling eyes.

She remembered feeling depressed, and going to the Luxury Emperor Bar to drown her sorrows, but had no recollections after that.

The more she thought, the paler she turned, and the more pensive her mood.

"Are you up?" A low and canorous voice rang in her ears.

Yun Bixue looked to her side, where she saw a man as divine as a rose sitting gracefully.

As she pulled herself together, her eyes widened in shock. "It's you?!" It was the man who had helped her at Luxury Emperor Ballroom that day. He should be Xie Limo.

Xie Limo's polished eyebrows raised lightly, radiating charm and enchantment. His striking good looks almost blinded Yun Bixue. "That's great, you still remember me!"

"I was at my lowest that day, and it was you who saved me. I would never forget that." Yes, the affection she had received since childhood had been minimal. Even a minuscule act of kindness would hence be kept close to her heart. How could she ever forget it?

Xie Limo's charismatic eyes glistened faintly as he watched Yun Bixue. His eyes were like black vortices, seemingly capable of sucking others in.

Yun Bixue turned away from the enchanter. She thought the man in front of her effortlessly emanated an alluring aura; little would be able to resist his charms.

"Okay, since you have woken up, get off the bed. It's time for breakfast." Xie Limo had spoken with such elegance that it had made his request sound natural, causing Yun Bixue to be briefly mistaken that they were a couple, and he had been tenderly rousing her.

Alarmed by such a thought, Yun Bixue shook her head and laughed at herself mockingly. She had been through so much, how could she still think of such gibberish?

As she regained her composure, Yun Bixue questioned, "Where am I now? Why am I here? Did something happen last night?" Even though she knew Xie Limo was imperturbable and courtly, she still felt precarious.

"You asked so many questions at a time, which one should I answer first?" Although he had answered casually, his line of sight focused on the "Voice of the City" newspaper within his hands, a somber tone amidst all his grace. They say men who are concentrating hard at work are the most attractivethis adage was indeed correct.

Yun Bixue bit on her lips, her complexion turning pale and her eyes harbored profound sorrow. Since nobody had been willing to marry her, the document in her hands would not be endorsed.

She knew neither what her next steps were, nor whether there could be any reversals. Does this mean that she would only be manipulated in the future? No... She undoubtedly did not want that.

Xie Limo felt Yun Bixue's silence and subtly lifted his head. He detected the change in her expressions and his heart stirred. "Enough, stop overthinking. I foresee a formidable task ahead, so you should have some food first. There is milk offered in this room, and I have already warmed it up for you and placed it on the table. I hung your purse on the clothes hanger."

chap10

Yun Bixue was not foolish. With Xie Limo's words as a reminder, she pondered over lightly and then recalled her current location. Her gaze turned cold; she could have fallen into someone's trap. She could also have been too careless and owed Young Master Xie a debt of gratitude, for he had appeared to save her at her lowest.

Just as Yun Bixue was about to verbalize her thoughts, Xie Limo picked up his phone and strode toward the window to make a call.

Yun Bixue watched his slender and defined back view. She blinked and swallowed the words that she was about to speak. She then removed the covers on her and stepped off the bed. She did not drink the milk but instead went to the bathroom for a shower. Despite having a decent alcohol tolerance, she'd had too much to drink yesterday. Combined with her interrupted rest, she felt unwell all over.

It was only shortly after Yun Bixue entered the bathroom that a bustle sounded from outside. Someone seemed to have entered the room, and a group of people gathered at the door peering in.

There were incessant flashes, as they attempted to capture the bedroom from all angles.

"Young Master Xie, rumor has it that since you took over Ning An City recently, you have been indulging excessively in female companionship... How do you explain that?"

"Young Master Xie, you used to shun the ladies, but yet blatantly picked up one at Luxury Emperor Bar. Are you belittling Ning An city, or were your comments on developing Ning An City all fraudulent?"

"Young Master Xie, since you had discreetly invited a woman here, does it mean you had secretly done this in the past too? Young Master Xie, please explain this situation now."

... One by one, the reporters mobbed Xie Limo, bombarding him with questions.

Xie Limo simply tucked his hands into the pockets of his tuxedo graciously, his unflustered disposition emitted an air of elegance and allurement. Only the middle of his brows showed an inkling of a wrinkle.

"Young Master Xie, your silence would imply acquiescence."

"Young Master Xie, is the woman too ashamed to make an appearance and have hidden in the bathroom? We have already heard the sounds of water coming from the bathroom. Seeing how messy the bed is, Young Master Xie must have had a phenomenal time last night..."

The reporters interrogated dauntlessly. Although some of them had feared Young Master Xie for his prominence, these reporters were not ineffective. Hence, despite their deep-rooted apprehension, they endured it for their work to make the headlines. Moreover, with so many reporters, Young Master Xie would not be able to remember them.

Some of them had even been engaged by others, thus resulting in a lack of further consideration and escalating impudence.

Some reporters even sought to investigate the bathroom.

Xie Limo's entrancing eyes glowed sharp piercingly as he glared at the reporters in front of him. "Stop. Those who go near the bathroom shall not be able to leave the room today!"

His voice, although calm and clear, embodied a ghastly mood. It sent chills down the spines, pausing their footsteps to pause involuntarily, not daring to take another step forward.

"Since Young Master Xie seems to have a guilty conscience, there is certainly a woman hiding in the bathroom. This is not the conventional style of Young Master Xie, could it be that woman is too embarrassed to show her face?" The reporter spoke brazenly. Young Master Xie had just taken over the jurisdiction of Ning An City; could he dare to offend the preeminent figures of Ning An City?

"That's right, Young Master Xie. If you were guiltless, you should show us the woman. We will not leave otherwise."

...

Many of the reporters of Ning An City were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Others had the backing of the powerful. Having caught wind of such an astonishing scandal, they were not letting it slide. It would be unbelievable for Young Master Xie to aggrieve all the reporters, as it would mean antagonizing the upper class of Ning An City as well. Young Master Xie would not be able to persist any longer.

Xie Limo instinctively considered this aspect. His eyes were dark and cold, and the corner of his lips revealed an enigmatic smile, intensifying the mystery around him.

Just as the reporters grew impatient, Xie Limo waved his hand gently, "Since everyone wants to take a look, I shall bring her out."

chap11

After Yun Bixue was done bathing and put on her clothes, she stood silently in the bathroom, her heart steadily turned cold as ice.

She could feel her hands trembling and her face was incomparably pale. She was biting harshly on her lips, extracting blood, yet it seemed unbeknownst to her.

She heard all the commotion from outside. She could hardly bear hearing those distasteful and derogatory words.

"Knock knock..." A gentle tapping sounded, yet Yun Bixue was disoriented as if fixated on a thought. Her vision turned black.

"Can I enter?" He hesitated. There was no sound coming from inside the bathroom. Xie Limo frowned.

He knocked and inquired again, only to draw no response. The beauty in Xie Limo's face contorted, as he drew out a card to swipe the door open. He closed the door after he entered the room, and the sight before him made him tremble.

Yun Bixue laid on the floor, powerless and pale. From her palms seeped a small amount of blood, seemingly caused by the digging of her nails. Her lips had been gnawed at, stained by streaks of blood. She laid there lifelessly as if she had taken her last breath.

At this moment, a sense of sympathy manifested within Xie Limo. He had never seen a woman in such a self-inflicted state of despondency, nor a woman who was unable to fend for herself. He wondered how she had managed to grow and mature.

Lastly, he sighed faintly and pulled her into his arms. He checked for her pulse and performed emergency compressions on several acupuncture points.

He then gave a call. "Within ten minutes, expel all the reporters in the Luxury Emperor Golden Rooftop Room 6."

Sure enough, sounds of cameras being smashed outside were heard, accompanied by the clamor of the hoard of reporters.

When the security guards finally evacuated the last reporter, the house was left in peaceful tranquility.

Xie Limo then carried Yun Bixue to the big bed, and everything quietened.

Yun Bixue only arose two hours later. Her heavy-lidded eyes showed purity and delicacy as if she needed to rely on something.

"You finally woke up. You must have been frightened earlier. Drink this milk." With no questions, Xie Limo passed the glass of milk to Yun Bixue.

The scene earlier reminded Yun Bixue of a childhood trauma. Her desolate and forlorn heart warmed up bit by bit as she clutched the glass of heated milk in her hands. "Thank you for saving me again."

"No problem. Living in the heart of society's struggles, you should get accustomed to such episodes. To prevent cumbersome situations from transpiring, you first need to toughen yourselfthrough protecting yourself, rather than evading the circumstances." Xie Limo lifted his hand and glanced at his watch, appearing to have other concerns. Yet he remained attentive to Yun Bixue as he advised her.

"I only... Only..." She had not been able to learn from her grandfather to be merciless. Otherwise, she would not have allowed herself to be plotted against by others. She had not wanted to reach the point where even she could no longer recognize herself.

Noticing the uncertainty clouding Yun Bixue's eyes, the corners of Xie Limo's lips curved up lightly and at that moment, it was as if hundreds of flowers had bloomed simultaneously. "Sometimes, the more soft-hearted you are, the fewer retreat routes you have."

Yun Bixue nodded as she repeated the comforting words of Xie Limo, evidently in deep thought.

After leaving the room, Yun Bixue felt unwell. She had wasted more than a days' time and was running out of options. As she inspected the document, she discovered that for it to be effective, marriage was a premise, and the opposite party must have a sufficiently wealthy background.

As she reviewed the document and continued her way, a rumor had been broadcasted across the entire Ning An City. Almost everyone was gossiping about the woman who had spent a night with Young Master Xie.

chap12

Soon after the first headlines were published, a second one spread through the entirety of Ning An City. This time, it was even more outrageous. A picture decorated the cover pages of newspapers and the internetit was Yun Bixue.

The shock was as though a landmine had exploded. Wasn't that Miss Yun Bixue from the bankrupt Yun family?

That woman was exiting Young Master Xie's room in the picture, everyone could recognize that it was Yun Bixue. It couldn't be wrong.

In the office sitting by the roadside of the hotel, everyone was debating heatedly. "I didn't expect Yun Bixue to be someone like this. She actually went to the length of seducing Young Master Xie."

"I knew she was a discontented and impatient person. On the surface, she appears to be of dignified lady but instead she is even worse than **. She is rotten to the core."

"Perhaps she has her own difficulties."

"Bah! What difficulties? It was undeniably to hook up with Young Master Xie. She possesses some charms but she does not realize how extreme her acts are. She does not even recognize Young Master Xie's caliber."

...

"Young Master Xie looked modest and had been clean from trouble. In reality, he was just not attracted to ladies but was instead enticed by affluent socialites. Good taste..."

"Good taste but ultimately it still boiled down to beauty. Men are all the same deep within..."

"He had proclaimed to work on developing our Ning An City, but I think he should now be replaced. Why should we allow him to single-handedly seize the title of the leading boss of Ning An City!"

...

As the news circulated rapidly, Yun Bixue was brainstorming on solutions and jumped at an unexpected phone call. "Bixue, you b*tch. I left for a while, and you created such a huge mess. You piss me off. Wait there! I will fly back immediately to deal with these gossiping mongers..."

Bai Yaoyao cursed angrily over the phone, but Yun Bixue was rather perplexed. "What happened? You should not return, it will implicate you."

Bai Yaoyao had been her best friend since childhood. They attended school together, grew up together and had a close-knit friendship. If it weren't for her last relationship issues, Bai Yaoyao wouldn't have left her hometown.

"Miss, are you slow-witted? Have you not been reading the Ning An City newspaper? You should take a look at the current mess. This won't do, I must hurry and purchase my flight ticket back." With that, Bai Yaoyao ended the call swiftly.

It was only now that Yun Bixue went to an online news site. Reading the headlines, she froze and turned pale. These people had gone too far. Just like Young Master Xie had saidthe meeker one was, the fewer the routes for retreats.

The corner of her lips curved and Yun Bixue shut her eyes tightly. As she opened them again, her gaze was resolute.

Just after Yun Bixue left, Xie Shi entered Xie Limo's house. "Young Master Xie, Madam has already caught wind of the news of you employing the capacities of Country A for a woman."

Xie Limo rubbed between his brows. He didn't know what to do about his mother, but the thought of her thawed his cold expressions.

"Young Master Xie, Madam is very concerned about you." Xie Shi stood ceremoniously beside Xie Limo, as if his respect for the latter emitted from his core.

Xie Limo gently tapped his slender fingers on the table. "We have not meddled with Country A's affairs for many years, and it seems like they have forgotten who calls the shots." His voice was indifferent and low, but piercingly cold.

Right at this moment, Xie Limo received a call from his mother. "Dear Mother."

"Limo, if it weren't for today's events, your Mother wouldn't even have figured out where you went. You have become increasingly capable since you have been able to conceal your authority well regardless of your location. Sigh, it has been so many years, and I have been awaiting your return." On the other end of the conversation, the voice of the woman was soft and familiar.

chap13

"Dear Mother, your son is doing this for your good. The legacy of the Xie family has taught us over the past thousands of years that the ruler's mother should never interfere with official matters." Xie Limo grinned as he explained, showering his mother with warmth.

"You are just teasing me. Okay, I am confident that my son will beat all odds. I'm only worried about you being all alone. You have already turned 30, and it's time to build a family. I have also heard about the past happenings. Forget the bygones; you shouldn't ruminate over them all your life. It's not worth it. I also experienced this. Our Xie family does not need to gain affiliations through marriage, neither do I agree with it. You only live once, live for yourself. You should marry a lady who is kind and cares for you. I trust your judgment."

The woman on the phone had an endless stream of words to relay; this was a worried and anxious mom, caring for her son.

"My dear Mother, you have never seen her before, how would you know if she were appropriate?" Xie Limo raised his brows. He always felt at ease chatting with his mother.

"Child, the key to marriage is knowing that she is suitable for yourself and that you adore her. Ultimately, the one who will accompany you throughout your life is your wife and not your parents. Your father and I support each other because we both understand that we will grow old together and can rely on each other. Regarding your other half, as parents, we can only offer advice. Since my son is so outstanding, the girl he lays his eyes on must be remarkable too. As long as you are fond of her, I will be too. Your father won't have any objections either."

Once Yun Bixue made up her mind, she slipped on her jacket and picked up the keys. Arriving at the parking lot, she drove off in her beat-up car. Stepping furiously on the accelerator, she tore through the streets and reached Luxury Emperor in no time.

After arriving, she had no hesitation and bought the latest newspaper from a roadside vendor before making a beeline for the presidential suite where she left in the morning.

Seeing the door shut, Yun Bixue was anxious and uneasy. She feared that he might have already left and that she would not have the courage to speak honestly from the bottom of her heart anymore if she returned for him another day.

Hence, she prayed in her heart. He has to be inside.

"Knock knock knock..." The eager knocking on the door sounded. Xie Limo's intricate eyebrows knitted slightly as he moved the remote control in his hands. The door opened slowly.

Yun Bixue stood by the door looking quietly at Xie Limo sitting in front of her; her elegant eyes were pure and brilliant like starlight.

She inhaled deeply then marched toward Xie Limo, placing the newspaper before him as she challenged, "Xie Limo, I will marry you. Do you dare to marry me?"

After speaking, Yun Bixue stared widely at Xie Limo, as if attempting to capture his every change in expressions and emotions.

It was a pity he was sitting down. All she could see was his striking face and his long lashes that concealed the shine coming from within his eyes.

Since she was done with her words, Yun Bixue did not allow herself to escape.

After some time, as her courage and zeal slowly dwindled, he finally lifted his head slightly. It showed his pair of intoxicating eyes, which could seemingly warm her entire heart instantaneously. "Let's go to the Bureau of Civil Administration to register. Trust me, future Mrs. Xie, I will not let you regret this."

With that declaration, Yun Bixue's sunken heart floated up once again. She flashed her most genuine radiant smile; it was a sweet contagious smile.

Right at the moment when she was in greatest despair, it was him who offered warmth and hope. "Young Master Xie, I will be a good wife and I will not make you regret your decision today."

As of now, her heart felt light. She finally understood the old proverbhaving gone through all hardships, success awaits at the very last moment.

chap14

Upon hearing Yun Bixue's reply, Xie Limo blanked out momentarily. As his pale pink lips curled into a smile and his gaze warmed, he rose up to pick up the jacket placed by the side of the sofa, emitting exquisiteness effortlessly.

He had taken two steps, and Yun Bixue had yet to catch up. He paused before turning back to look for Yun Bixue and what he saw at that moment tugged on his heartstrings.

Yun Bixue stood still without a word to say. Her eyes were curved into crescents and shone brightly. There was a hint of a smile on her lips. She was radiating a new form of brilliance.

A moment later, he smiled and said, "Let's go. It will be lunchtime soon, and there will be traffic jams."

Yun Bixue regained her composure and caught up with his speed. He maintained the same pace as Yun Bixue, step by step, taking care of her.

The people on the ground level of Luxury Emperor hotel, however, were still furiously debating the news. Upon seeing the pair exit from the upper storeys, they were dismayed.

Yun Bixue took a side-glance. Seeing the calm and charismatic man beside her, her heart felt equally tranquil.

As Xie Limo coolly scanned through the crowd, it sent chills down their backs. Everyone turned away immediately and returned to their chores, only to steal glances at the couple uncontrollably.

Xie Limo paused in his tracks and bent his elbow. Yun Bixue widened her eyes in surprise.

Seeing the pure need for dependence in Yun Bixue's eyes, coupled with her startled expressions, Xie Limo sighed. No wonder she got bullied, she seemed so simple-minded and naive.

Just as Yun Bixue was figuring out the situation, Xie Limo instead grabbed her hand and walked out.

Being held by such a strong slender pair of hands, Yun Bixue felt warmth seeping in through her hands toward her heart. Her face blushed awkwardly, and she dipped her head, allowing Xie Limo to lead her way.

Xie Limo came to a halt abruptly, and she almost bumped into his sturdy back.

"Don't you watch your steps as you walk?" Xie Limo peered down at the woman whose frame only reached his chin. Only after taking a serious look at her, he realized how petite she really was.

Hearing the displeasure in Xie Limo's tone, Yun Bixue assumed that she was being disapproved of. her head shot up and as she spoke with her pure eyes, "Young Master Xie, this is the first time my hands are being held, so... So..." Her face flushed as she spoke those words.

As Xie Limo listened to those words "First time my hands are being held," he gradually broke into a broad smile. The faint light in his eyes glimmered, and it looked intoxicating. The radiance he emitted carried a form of enchantment that was beyond words. He steadily tightened the grip on Yun Bixue's hands.

Yun Bixue felt as if her whole soul was being sucked into this pair of alluring eyes.

"Okay, let's go!" Xie Limo's mood turned soft and warm, as he gently pulled Yun Bixue forward.

Outside the Luxury Emperor Hotel, Xie Liu was already waiting in the car. He got out, passed the keys to Xie Limo and left after offering a respectful bow.

Xie Limo opened the door to the front passenger seat for Yun Bixue, and she got in graciously. Xie Limo then walked around the car and sat in the driver's seat.

As she sat in the car, Yun Bixue still felt like everything was a dream, and she dared not think about it. She discovered a new landscape when she was at her wit's end. The feeling of surviving through a depressed time was indescribable.

She was truly grateful for meeting Xie Limo and also wished to overcome this hurdle. She would be a faithful wife to Young Master Xie and will not allow him to regret anything.

chap15

"What are you thinking about? You are so focused." His mesmerizing voice suddenly rang in her ears. A light fragrance lingered at the tip of her nose, enticing her.

Only now she realized that she was in such close proximity to Xie Limo, who was leaning his body toward her.

Looking at his stunning beauty up-close, Yun Bixue felt her heart pounding so fast that it was unbearable. "You..."

"Enough, you didn't even put on your seat belt." After securing her seat belt in place, Xie Limo fastened his own and began to focus on driving.

Yun Bixue secretly heaved a sigh of relief. He had only wanted to fasten her seat belt. However, after what had just happened, she now felt that the space in the car was rather small. His smell wafted across her nose tip, and she could not ignore such intense stimulation.

Yun Bixue looked at the person concentrating on driving and quietly rolled down the windows slightly. A cold breeze blew in, making it chilly. Pulling back her hair, she enjoyed the cool winds as though her mind had decluttered.

With the marriage certificate, she could sell the villa her mother had left for her and then her grandfather could undergo surgery. The surgery cost 600,000 yuan, and in addition to that, he might need several days to recover post-surgery. Each day in the hospital would incur a bill of more than 10,000 yuan.

Closing her eyes, the figures of countless individuals flashed through her mind. She felt neither happiness nor anger, and neither reproach nor coldness.

She recalled Su Lenghan and came to a realization, they had been acquainted for a year and in a relationship for the next two, but he had never properly held her hand.

As her lips curled up in a self-mocking manner, she acknowledged that she had lived too feebly in the past. She set her mind that from now on she would grow stronger and take charge of all that she could.

Making this resolution, the look in Yun Bixue's eyes was sharp and cold when she opened them.

Xie Limo continued driving. A while later, he pressed on the control buttons and left only a slit open in her window. "It's cold, I do not want my wife to catch a cold on the first day after collecting the marriage certificate."

Yun Bixue's heart warmed, touched by his tender care. Perhaps it was because she had never been treated well that she felt excessively cherished and thankful for such affection.

The car arrived at the civil administration bureau shortly. The place was not crowded that day, and they soon left with two red documents.

Caressing the red certificates in her hands, Yun Bixue felt ripples in her heart. At this moment, she thought that it was all too surreal. Clutching it gently, it was as if she was holding on to the most precious item in her life.

Yun Bixue flipped open the certificate. It contained a photo of her and Xie Limo with their names written below them. Tears welled up in her eyes instantaneously.

"Young Master Xie, thank you."

Xie Limo noticed the teardrops in Yun Bixue's eyes. Removing his hand from his pocket, he softly brushed her hair. "What a silly lady, Madam Xie. In the future, you shouldn't address your own husband as Young Master Xie."

Yun Bixue also thought she was exceptionally emotional today. "Xie Limo."

"Limo!" Xie Limo corrected her.

"Then Limo, shall we let them take a picture of us? In front of the entrance." Once she called his name so intimately, it no longer sounded awkward anymore.

Xie Limo frowned slightly as if he abhorred being photographed. Nevertheless, seeing how enthusiastic his wife was, he nodded in agreement.

"Here's the plan for later. We will both hold the wedding certificates and stand alongside each other, and a passerby will take a photo for us." Yun Bixue instructed Xie Limo cheerfully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 16.2K 24
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
9.6M 632K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...
707K 73.1K 27
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
1.1M 14.6K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...