Yagate kimi ni naru play, I o...

By NotUselessCharacter

The play from chapter 30-31 of yagate kimi ni naru More

Act 1

Act 2

225 7 4
By NotUselessCharacter

Characters
(Arranged in order of appearance):

The Patient, Female, 16 Years Old

The Nurse, Female, 25 Years Old

The Narrator ,Male, 15 years old

The Classmate, Male, 12 Years Old

The Little Brother, Male, 14 Years Old

The Girlfriend, Female, 18

ACT 2
SCENE 1

(Curtains rise. The Patient limps in, crutches in her hands. She walks to the bed and sits.)

The Patient
(Down)
So I shouldn't expect my memories to return.
(Puts her hand on her head in pain)
I was prepared for that but it still hurts.

(The Nurse walks enters through Right Stage holding two books. She walks over to The Patient)

The Nurse
(Worried)
Please try to stay positive, I brought you some books.
(Hands books over to The Patient)
You liked His authors other work so please give them a try.

The Patient
(Pinching her hair)
Thank you...

(The Nurse Puts the books on the bed and walks away. Before she leaves the stage, she turns around to look at The Patient before exiting through Right Stage)

The Patient
I doubt I will ever know who I was before. Who I was at school, who I was at home, and who I was in front of my girlfriend. I have to decide which one was real.
(The Patient Puts her hand on her chest and grasps it.)
(Convinced)
I have to become someone.

(Cut to black. When the lights come back The Patient is sitting on the bed studying)
A knock is heard on the door)

The Patient
Come in.

(The Classmate walks in through right stage. He waves at the Patient)

The Classmate
(Glad)
Hey!

The Patient
(Happy)
Hello!

The Classmate
(Surprised)
Woah, are you studying?
(Takes a seat)
You're in the hospital! You should take it easy!

The Patient
I need to catch up as much as I can before I go back to school.

The Classmate
I guess I'm not impressed since this is normal for you.
(Beat)
Hmm, yeah. This was how you were before.

(Cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the bed using a phone and The Classmate is gone. A knock is heard on the door. Beat. After a while, The Little Brother enters through right stage.)

The Little Brother
(Nervous)
Hi, sis.

The Patient
(Cold)
Hi...

(Beat)

The Little Brother
Uh... do you mind if I sit down?

The Patient
Go ahead.

(The Little Brother sits down. Beat)

The Little Brother
Uhh... beautiful weather we're having, huh? Do you think you're up for a walk?

(Beat. The Patient continues to ignore The Little Brother)

The Little Brother
(Awkward)
I know this is weird, but it's kind of a relief for you to treat me like this.

(Cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the bed waiting expectantly. The Girlfriend enters through right stage and walks over to the Patient)

The Girlfriend
Hello! How are you feeling?

The Patient
(Excited)
You're here!
(Grabs The Girlfriends hand getting her to sit)
Hurry! Sit down!

The Girlfriend
What's wrong? You're being quite clingy today.

The Patient
Is that bad?

The Girlfriend
No, I'm glad!

The Patient
That's good, because you're the only one who has told me they love me when I'm not putting on a straight face.

The Girlfriend
(Smiles and laughs)
Yes, of course! I don't want you to change either, please be mine forever...

(Stage cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the bed.)

ACT 2 SCENE 1 END

ACT 2
SCENE 2

The Patient
(Conflicted)
Everyone was happy. I'm able to act like myself before the accident, now I just need to pick one...

(A knock is heard. The Nurse enters and walks over to The Patient)

The Nurse
Excuse me. Are you having trouble sleeping?

The Patient
Oh, no... I'm fine.

The Nurse
If you need to talk I'm here to listen.

The Patient
(Pinching her hair)
I'm fine, really.

(The Nurse turns, and walks towards right stage But turns halfway and stomps back to The Patient. She hand-chops The Patients head.)

The Nurse
Hi-yah!

The Patient
(Surprised)
Ouch!

(The Patient covers her head and looks at The Nurse questionably)

The Nurse
You liar! I can tell you're worried about something. Whenever you're worried or upset, you have a habit of messing with your hair like this.
(Pinches her own hair)

(Beat)

The Nurse
What's wrong?

The Patient
Who do you think I should become?

(Beat)

(The Nurse grabs The Patients shoulders and faces The Patient towards her)

The Nurse
Listen, people can't become other people, you can only be you. Don't abandon yourself to become someone else.

The Patient
But that's why I want to become someone, right now, I'm no one.

(The Nurse shakes her head)

The Nurse
I only met you after you lost your memory and came here, but still, I know you. I know one of your quirks, I know you like white flowers, and I know your favourite author. I'd be sad to lose you.
(Takes her hands off The Patients shoulders)
It's normal to want to be like someone, it's great to admire others. But what you want to be is something you should decide for yourself.

(Stage cut to black, when the lights come back on, The Nurse is gone and The Patient is sitting on the bed)

The Patient
I thought everyone wanted me to be like my old self. I never considered that someone would miss who I am now.
(Looks up, spotlight slowly fade onto The Patient)
So I should be the one to decide who I want to become?

(Stage cut to black)

ACT 2 SCENE 2 END

ACT 2
SCENE 3

(Stage light fade in. The Patient is sitting on the bed doing what appears to be homework and The Classmate is sitting on the chair next to the bed)

The Patient
Hey, what are you supposed to do here?

The Classmate
Oh, this? Did you forget how to do it?

(Beat)

The Patient
Looks like I can't just go back to how I was before. I want to be someone everyone can be proud of again, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to, no matter how hard I try.
(Tone turns to nervousness)
If I can't... would you still...

The Classmate
(Encouraging)
In that case, we'll help you!
(Takes book from The Patient)
Let me see that.

(Beat)

The Classmate
I remember you helping me with this before, you do this part the same as in this problem here.

The Patient
Why are you doing this for me? We're basically strangers now.

The Classmate
Even if you're different now, you were an important friend. I'm doing this now because we're friends, plus, this means I get to be friends with you all over again! How lucky is that?

(Stage cut to black. When the lights come back on, The Little Brother is standing next to The Patient who is sitting on the bed)

The Patient
Thank you for coming. Um... please relax and have a seat.

(The Brother takes a seat)

The Little Brother
You're acting differently today sis. Like how you did from the first time I came to see you.

The Patient
(Apologetic)
Yeah, I'm sorry. It's hard for me to treat you like how I used to, you care about me and have come to see me so many times, how could I be cold to you? It hurts me to do it. I want to be a good sister.

(Beat)

The Little Brother
You're a lot nicer now.

The Patient
Maybe the old me wished she could be nicer, part of my phone's passcode was part of your birthday after all.

The Little Brother
(Surprised)
Sis...

The Patient
But the reason I want to get along with you now has nothing to do with the past, I just want to.

The Little Brother
(Smiles)
Alright.

(A Ping for a message notification is head. The Little Brother takes out his Smartphone and looks at it.)

The Little Brother
(Happy)
It's from dad, he says that he will come and visit you tomorrow.

The Patient
(Smiling)
I can't wait!

(Stage cut to black.)

ACT 2 SCENE 3 END

ACT 2
SCENE 4

(When the lights come back on, The Patient is sitting on the side of the bed.)

The Patient
(Slightly worried)
My friend and brother understood, but...

(A knock interrupts The Patient. The Girlfriend enters the room and sits on the chair)

The Girlfriend
It's not long now before you leave the hospital.

(Beat)

The Girlfriend
Um... After you do, will you move in with me?

The Patient
(Surprised)
Huh?

The Girlfriend
You don't seem to get along well with your family, and you can catch up with school at your own pace. I wouldn't do anything To upset you, so... how about it? Want to live together?

The Patient
Thank you, but I'm sorry. I can't.

The Girlfriend
(Surprised)
Why not? There's no need to hold back, I would be happy if we could always be together. Didn't you tell me that you're only able to be yourself around me?

The Patient
You're important to me, but my friends and family are just as important. I'm Different now, I don't want to be only yours.

(Beat.)

The Girlfriend
(Quiet and slow)
The old you won't come back?
(Stands up and steps slowly towards The Patient.)
But I
( Puts fist on chest)
I was special to you!

(Beat)

The Patient
Please forgive me for changing.
(Beat)
You know, I'm glad I met you.
(Takes The Girlfriends fists and holds it)
You're so warm and kind, all I know is this hospital, but I told myself that there would be nothing to fear with you by my side. Even now, I want to be with you. So... would you go out with me all over again?

(Beat)

The Girlfriend
This is the first time I've ever seen you assert yourself, I never knew you to be this greedy, this stubborn and clumsy, but honest... Ivan see myself falling in love with you all over again.

(The Girlfriends face moves in close to the Patient. THEY DO NOT KISS HOLD YOUR HORSES and they both smile gently. The Patient gets up from the bed and walks to the front of the stage with crutches in her arms.)

The Patient
Ever since I woke up, I've been terrified of being no one. I thought that because I had nothing, all I could do to become someone was to take someone else's place. But now I know that I was wrong.

(The Nurse come enters through right stage holding a Gerbera and walks up to The Patient. She is followed by The Classmate and The Little Brother who are both smiling)

The Nurse
(Happy)
I'm so happy you're able to come home!

(The Nurse hands The Gerbera over to The Patient.)

The Patient
Thank you!

(The Patient puts her crutches down on the floor next to her and accepts the Gerbera.)

The Patient
Thank you, old me. I'm going to be okay.
(Determined)
Because I'm going to become me.

ACT 2 SCENE 4 END

ACT 2 END

END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
792K 29.4K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...