Russian Princess (Sons of Ana...

By Jeshap

Being family to the Russian Mob has some ups and downs. I was now learning the hell it could cause but life d... More

Russian Princess (Sons of Anarchy)
Falling for Two
The Bloody Confrontation
A Night to Remember
Unexpected Surprises
Twisted Fate
The Ties that Bind
Accepting it All
Life Turned Inside Out
The Women in His Life
Learning the Truth
Conflicts
Being Dragged into Problems
Becoming a Family

Death

3K 72 14
By Jeshap

Chapter Fourteen:

After my call to Happy I went back to finish helping Gemma with the cuts on her face. My thoughts kept going back to what she had told me about Clay possibly having something to do with Tara getting hurt and me being next. If that is true about him having Tara hurt I knew he would have no problem at all in hurting me. My other problem was all the secrets people were telling around me or to me were all too much. I slept in Gemma’s guest room again but this time I had a hard time sleeping out of fear that Clay was going to show up. When the sun had finally risen I got out of bed and went downstairs, as I walked pass the living room I saw Unser on the couch sleeping so I went into the kitchen where Gemma was making a pot of coffee.

“Morning Gemma.” I said as I enter so I wouldn’t startle her.

“Morning sweetheart, would you like a cup of juice or milk or something like that?” she asked turning to face me.

“I can get it just point me to the where you keep your glasses.” I said smiling at her and she nodded towards one of the cabinets.

I was pouring the juice when Unser walked in the kitchen. “Morning ladies.” He said as he walked over to the table and sat down in one of the chairs.

“Hey, how’s the couch?” Gemma asked as she poured a cup of coffee.

“Fine… comfortable actually.” He said as Gemma silently asked him if he wanted coffee. “Yeah, please… black.”

“Thanks for staying with us.” Gemma said to him as she put the cup down in front of him.

“Of course.” He said smiling at both of us then he went serious on her. “What should I do here Gemma?”

“Finish what you started with Pi…” Gemma began to say but stopped when she glanced over at me. “Point it at the cartel, it’s about the club now.” she said looking back at Unser and I was completely confused at what they were talking about. “This landing on Clay is the last thing they need, wait a few days before calling it in.”

Unser looked over at me then back at Gemma. “The body is getting ripe.” Unser said to her and I looked at them both with a raised eyebrow.

“Reyna can you please go get my purse.” Gemma asked me and I nodded at her and got up. “It’s in the living room.” she said nodding her head towards the living room, I got up and the two of them stood silent. When I walked out of the kitchen I saw Gemma’s bag sitting in the hall on a table so I quickly grabbed it but didn’t go back into the kitchen right away I wanted to hear what they had to say. “It’s going to crush Ope and Reyna… Jax too, he’s got a lot on his plate right now.” she said to Unser and now I was concerned, whatever they were talking about involved me and I desperately wanted to know but knew Gemma wouldn’t say a thing to me.

“Yeah I know.” Unser said answering her. “I gotta borrow a few things from the garage to tie it up. What are you going to do about Clay?”

I walked back into the kitchen and they both turned to face me. “Here Gemma.” I said handing her the purse she didn’t even need because she just sat it down on the table.

“Thanks sweetheart.” She said to me then turned back to Unser. “I’ll handle it.”

“I get it… you think you know Clay better than anyone.” Unser said to her in a bitter tone. “You think he isn’t capable of doing any worse.”

“No, I do… Clay would kill me.” Gemma said quickly to him. “I got no doubt… that don’t worry me sweetheart, I’m not gonna let that happen.”

“I hope you know what you are doing.” Unser said as he stood up. “Ladies have a good day, I got some loose ends to finish up.”

Unser left the two of us sitting there at the table. “Gemma what do you have planned for the day?” I asked her after sitting there in silence for a while.

“I’m going to go see Tara… why don’t you come with me?” she said getting up walking over to the sink.

“Gemma you know Jax will be up there and he is going to see your face.” I said walking over and placing my glass in the sink and she just shrugged her shoulders. “Ok, I’ll follow you there but I can’t stay long, I have to go to the clubhouse for some things.”

“Reyna, stay clear of Clay when you are there.”

I just nodded at her and we both got ready to leave, I didn’t have any extra clothes with me so I just washed up and she gave me a clean shirt to put on. When we got to the hospital I parked in the space next to her and got out the car as she did the same but she placed a hat on her head and used a pair of sunglasses to cover some of the bruising. We both walked in the hospital side by side and started towards Tara’s room when we came across the lady from yesterday.

“What in god’s name happened to you?” the lady said walking closer to us.

Gemma looked around before answering her. “I flew my broom stick into a brick wall.” Gemma said sarcastically to her.

“Who did this to you?” The lady asked and Gemma tried to ignore her but the lady was persistent. “Don’t dismiss this.” she said pulling Gemma off to the side and I quickly followed behind them. “This is why Tara has to get out, do you understand that.”

“My son would never do this!” Gemma snapped at her.

“I’m sure Clay’s mother said the same thing about him.” she said to Gemma.

“Jax loves his family he would not hurt her.” I said getting the lady’s attention.

“How well do you know any of these people?” she asked me with a raised eyebrow and I just stood there looking at her not sure on how to answer. “Exactly… you don’t know them either, so how do you know the man that got you in that condition wouldn’t do the same to you?”

I just stood there quiet, I didn’t know the answer to that and she smirked at me. Gemma must have sensed my discomfort and stepped in. “Margaret, you leave Reyna out of this.” Gemma snapped at her. “I love Tara, you have no idea how much.”

“Then don’t stop them from leaving.” Margaret said to her.

“Where are they going?” Gemma asked in shocked voice.

“I spoke with Providence Hospital this morning.” Margaret said looking at Gemma then she glanced at me. “They want to make Tara an offer.”

“But her hand.” Gemma said still in shock.

“They're willing to wait out her recuperation, they want her on staff.”

“She's on staff here.” Gemma snapped at her in low voice.

“I can't cover her downtime.” Margaret said shaking her head at Gemma. “We're too small.”

“That’s bullshit, you can cover it.” I snapped at her, I knew she was lying to us. “You just refuse to do it.”

“This offer in Oregon may be her only chance of staying in neonatal.” Margaret said ignoring my outburst. “If you really love her, you will let her take this job, Gemma.”

We both stood there a few moments watching this Margaret bitch walk away from us, I wasn’t a fan of Gemma’s but this bitch rubbed me the wrong way and I would take Gemma’s side over hers. When Gemma walked away I followed her when we turned the corner to go down the hall we saw Jax coming into the same hall towards us and his eyes went wide at the sight of her.

“Holy shit, Mom.” Jax said quickly coming towards us and went reach for her face.

“No.” she said pulling away from him then grabbed his hand and pulled him to the hospital chapel. “Come here.”

The three of us went into the chapel and Gemma turned away slightly as she removed her glasses then turned back to face Jax. He stood there silent for few moments taking it the condition his mother was in and I could tell he looked pissed. “Was this Clay?” he asked in a calm voice.

“It's complicated, Jackson.” Gemma said trying to down play it.

“What happened?” he asked moving a step closer to her.

“It's been building up.” she said staying calm. “Shit with the drugs and the cartel, I crossed the line.”

“This is more than crossing a line, Mom.” Jax growled in low voice as he turned to glance at me. “Where you there when this happened?” he asked and I shook my head no. “I can't let this slide.”

“No.” Gemma said reaching for him. “I'm gonna handle this, Jackson.” She said he shook his head as he growled slightly. “Please, you got to let me settle it.”

Jax shook his head as he walked further into the chapel trying to calm himself down. He glanced back at her and shook his head again as he sat down. “I'm so sorry.” He said to her and I could hear the pain in his voice.

“No, honey, this isn't your fault.” Gemma said quickly moving closer to him.

“I thought we could pull this off.” He said shaking his head in disbelief. “Cash out, but I was an idiot. I am as delusional as he is.” He growled between gritted teeth.

“No.” Gemma said sitting down next to him. “You are a better man.” She said and he shook his head and looked down. “Are you planning on leaving?” she asked and he looked up at her. “Charming?” she asked and he began to say something but she cut him off. “I can't take any more lies, Jackson.”

Jax closed his eyes for a moment then nodded his head. “Yeah.” He said confirming it.

“Does Clay know?” Gemma asked him and I was still in shock to hear he had planned on leaving.

“Yeah.” He said and I could see the hurt on Gemma’s face. “Don't take this to Tara, Mom. Please, not now.”

“No, I won't.” she said shaking her head.

“Us leaving... it's about my sons.” He said softly.

“It always is.” She said softly as she stood up and walked towards the door. “I need some time alone.” She said to me as she walked away and I nodded my head.

I was about to walk out of the door when Jax spoke. “Why didn’t you call me or Happy when you found my mom like that?” he asked and I turned to face him.

“I wanted to call but she asked me not to call you.” I said slowly walking closer to him. “You said you leaving was about your sons, is it because you want them to have a better life? That’s all I ever wanted for mine.” I said rubbing my stomach and he looked down at my hand then back up at me.

“Reyna, Happy would never let anything happen to or the baby.” He said patting the spot next to him and I slowly sat down.

“I’m sure you said the same thing to Tara and now look at her.”

Jax glared at me as he shook his head. “That is not fair.” He growled at me. “I tried to protect her.”

“That is my point Jax… no matter how hard you protect her she will always be in danger.” I said and he still stood there glaring at me. “I need to protect my son, just as you are protecting your own.”

I stood up and began to walk away but he quickly stood up and grabbed my arm stopping me. “You even think about leaving Hap will lose his fucking mind.” He said as I turned to face him. “You and that baby are the only things that keep his head on straight.”

“Now how is that fair?” I asked him and he slowly released my arm and took a step back. “Let me be honest with you, I have been scared about leaving because of Happy but if my life or my son’s life is ever threatened I will pack up and leave to Russia. Yeah I know I just told you where I would be but I have more ties in Russia than you do so it won’t be as easy to find me there.”

Jax stood there looking at me in shock and I took that as my chance to leave so I turned and walked out. I couldn’t believe I had just said that to him but it was the truth, my family in Russia was not only from Viktor’s side but also from my mother’s side and in Russia they had more pull than Viktor did. The little title Happy had given me was closer to the truth than he knew, I wasn’t formal royalty but my Russian family had enough power to be close to it. I just wasn’t ready to involve myself with them until I had no choice and if things kept up with Clay I soon will not have a choice but to contact them. I walked to my car then drove to the clubhouse, it was empty except a few of the prospects that were there and of course Chucky. When I walked into the clubhouse everything was quiet and Chucky smiled at me.

“Hey Reyna, how are you doing this fine after noon?” he asked as I approached the bar he was cleaning.

“I’m doing good, have you seen Opie or Happy today?”

“I haven’t seen Happy at all but Opie was here earlier.” Chucky said and I was not happy to know that I had missed him. “Is there something I can help you with?”

“No, I was just hoping he could take me up to the cabin to my uncle.” I said shaking my head at him and walked away.

I went into Happy’s room and got some clean clothes out so I could shower. As I shower I started feeling cramps in my lower stomach, they weren’t too bad so I just tried to ignore them hoping they would go away. Once I was dressed I walked back out to the bar and it was still the same people here so I went out on the lot, as I walked out I could hear the roar of bikes coming down the street. When they entered it was a lot of them, I watched as they parked then I spotted Opie and I started to walk towards him when I heard Happy.

“Reyna.” He said and I turned to see him getting off his bike and he waved me over to him so I walked over to him. “Jax told me you were worried about something.”

“Did he.” I said glancing over at Jax to glare at him and he just shook his head as he walked into the clubhouse.

“What the fuck is going on?” Happy growled at me as he looked over at Jax then back at me. “You need to start talking.”

“Happy look what happened to Tara.” I said running my fingers through my hair. “You’re gone all the time and can’t protect me… Jax was with her when she was attacked and he couldn’t even protect her.”

“First of all I’m not Jax and if some shit happened while I’m with you I would kill a mutha fucker.” Happy growled in a low voice. “I’m gonna see what I can do about staying closer more, Clay has been keeping me busy and I need to be here with you right now.”

“Happy I don’t trust Clay, I know he is not thrilled with me because we haven’t given him the warehouse locations.”

“As long as we have those locations you don’t have to worry about him.” Happy said shaking his head. “I love my club and my Prez but I will protect my son and you. I gotta get to church so I’ll talk with ya before I leave again.”

I nodded at him as he walked away, I believed he would do what he could to protect us but my question was to what extent. I could see how much this club meant to him and if it was his club to turn on me what side would he stand on. I wanted to believe in my heart it would be mine but my brain didn’t want to believe it and I felt lost with my thoughts. I walked over to the office to see what kind of shape it was in, it had been a few days since any real work had been done in there. Just as I had expected things were piled up high and I threw myself straight into work to keep my mind busy. I don’t know how long I was working in there but sometime later I looked up from the pile of papers and found Happy leaning against the door looking at me.

“Hey.” I said to him softly as I leaned back in the chair.

“You do know you don’t have to do that shit?” he asked pushing off the door and walked closer to me.

“Yeah I know… I can’t get a real job until I have the baby and I really need something to keep me busy.” I said as I stood up and stretched my body a little.

“I gotta go help take care of some shit.” He said coming to a stop in front of me. “Why don’t you go inside and get some sleep… your ass looks tired.”

“Is that your way of saying I look like shit?” I asked smirking at him and he smiled at me.

“Girl you never look like shit.” He said moving closer and my stomach started doing flips. “If I didn’t have to worry about whether or not I would hurt you…” he trailed off of what he was about to say and stood quiet looking at me.

“I’m not as fragile as I look.” I said looking up at him and he smirked at me but the moment was interrupted.

“Hap we gotta go.” We both heard Kozik say from behind Happy and we both looked over at him. “Shit am I interrupting something?”

“No, it’s ok.” I said taking a step back. “Nice seeing you Kozik.”

“It’s nice seeing you too.” Kozik said smiling at me. “How’s little Hap doing?” he asked pointing at my stomach.

“He’s doing good.” I said smiling at him then I looked back at Happy. “I guess we’ll talk later.”

“Yeah we will.” Happy said smirking then he turned and walked out of the office with Kozik.

I couldn’t believe what I had just said to him and I didn’t even know where it had come from. I took Happy’s advice and went back into the clubhouse to get some sleep, it had been a long night and I didn’t get much sleep at Gemma’s house. A few hours later I woke up to the roar of motorcycles, the guys must have just gotten back from whatever they had to do. I laid there in the bed with my eyes still closed not ready to move yet, the cramps had finally stopped. About twenty minutes later I heard the door open and I opened my eyes to see Happy coming in. Something wasn’t right, I’ve seen him in many moods but this one was not something I have seen before. I slowly sat up and he looked over at me.

“Did I wake you?” he asked in low voice.

“No, I was already awake.” I said shaking my head. “Are you ok?”

“Kozik was killed today.” Happy said bluntly as he leaned back against the dresser.

“Shit, I’m so sorry to hear that.” I said running my fingers through my hair. “I could tell you two were really good friends.”

“The threat with Los Lobos is done.” He said changing the subject. “You don’t have to worry anymore.”

“Happy you don’t have to hide your feelings in front of me.” I said getting up and walking closer to him.

“Yeah I do.” He growled at me and I stopped walking. “Right now I feel nothing but fucking rage and I want to kill someone with my bare hands.” He growled as he slowly moved closer to me. “I watched one of my brothers get blown to pieces by a fucking mine and the only thing I can think right now is ripping someone’s fucking heart out.”

Once Happy was a foot away from me I lifted my hands to his chest hoping to stop his movement and he did. “I didn’t expect your feelings to be purple butterflies and pink rainbows.” I said looking up at him and he glared down at me. “I know you have rage issues, believe me I’ve been on my fair share end of some of them. Holding it in will not help you or any of us around you, take a ride and clear your head.”

“Most bitches would be running for the hills right now.” he said in low raspy voice.

“Well as you can see, I’m not most bitches and running for the hills will do me no good.” I said in a soft voice, I was scared of him right now and my heart was beating fast but I was not going to show him that.

“I’ll be back later.” he said taking a few steps back.

“Can you do me one favor?” I asked him and he raised an eyebrow at me.

“What?” he asked in a curious tone.

“Whatever you do can you please just stay out of jail?” I asked him and he smirked at me. “I’m serious, if you get locked up I will run for the hills.”

“I’ll do what I can to stay out of jail.” He said smirking at me as he walked away.

When he walked out the door I released the breath I didn’t even realize I was holding in. I was in total shocked that I was able to calm the rage he was in. I hated being near him when he is like that but I didn’t want to push him away and start a fight that I was sure would have ended very badly for both us. The only down fall in my plan of calming him left me here at the clubhouse without him and I was sure Clay was here but that also meant there was a chance Opie was here too. I waited until I heard a motorcycle leave then I walked out to the bar and found some of the guys sitting around it drinking. The one guy I was looking for wasn’t around so I walked up to Tig.

“Tig have you seen Opie?” I asked him and he slowly turned his head to look at me.

“Yeah, I think he’s in the garage, doll face.” Tig said in low sad voice. “Do you need something I could help you with?”

“I was just wondering if he heard from uncle Piney because I can’t seem to get a hold of him for the last few days.”

“Can’t help you there doll face, Ope should be out there somewhere.”

“Thanks Tig.”” I said walking away and went out to the garage. I found Opie keeping busy working on one of the cars. “Opie have you talked to Piney?” I asked when he looked up at me.

“Nah, he’s on one of drunken binges.” Opie said as he wiped his hands on a rag. “When shit don’t go his way he goes up to the cabin and ignores the world.”

“If you decided to go up there let me know.” I said walking towards the office and he nodded me.

The compound was quiet and somber all day, not much was coming and going other than the customers they had. I spent most of my day filing the work orders and when Opie came into the office he told me he was going to go up to the cabin if I wanted to drive up there with him. So when Unser showed up and said he had couple of things to do for Gemma I left the garage and went to freshen up a bit before we left. I came out to the lot and saw Opie and Jax talking so I walked towards them and Opie seemed like he was upset with Jax.

Jax looked over at Opie when I approached them. “Look, if you got something to say, just say it.”

“When Donna wanted me out... I didn't stay 'cause of what you said.” He said shaking his head at Jax. “I stayed 'cause I knew that trying to be anything else would be a lie... and that's the worst thing a guy can do to his family.”

“I didn't plan this, Ope.” Jax said in low voice. “It just played out this way. I'm sorry, I never meant to lie to you.”

“Yeah, and I'm sorry I believed you.” Opie snapped at him as he started to walk away then he looked back at me. “Rey are you ready to go?”

“Yeah I’m ready.” I said nodding at him and Jax walked away from us.

Opie walked over to the office door. “Hey, grab me the tow keys.” He said to Unser.

Unser got up from the chair and tossed the kids to Opie as he walked to the door.  “Little late for a pickup.”

Opie looked back at him. “Gonna pick up Piney, got a feeling he's in no condition to ride.” He said turning back to face me. “Come on Rey we’ll go in the truck.”

The two of us drove up to the cabin and had very little conversation, his mind seemed wrapped up in something else and I was just enjoying the peaceful ride. When we arrived at the cabin I felt a little creeped out, this place didn’t hold the best memories for me. Opie pointed over at Piney’s motorcycle and shook his head.

“He’s probably passed out drunk in there.” Opie said smirking at me as we walked up to the door. “Hey, Pop?” he called out when we got to the door, the both of noticed it looked broken.

There was a horrible fowl smell coming from the place and I felt like I was going to throw up. “Opie what is that smell?” I asked him as he went further in.

“Oh, God!” he said as he quickly moved over to Piney who was lying on the floor. “Hey, Pop?” he said bending down next to him and started coughing and panting. “Dad… Dad?!”

“Opie why won’t he wake up?” I asked because I couldn’t see him.

“Oh, shit!” Opie cried out. “Oh, shit! Dad?”

“Opie what’s wrong?” I asked coming closer when I heard him crying and that’s when I saw that he was dead. “Oh my god… oh my god, Opie.” I cried out as I dropped to me knees next him.

“Oh... Oh, my God!” Opie cried trying to get Piney to wake up. “Oh, Pop... oh...” he cried then we both heard a creak behind us and Opie jumped to his feet pulling out his gun. “What the hell?” Opie snapped grabbing Unser by the collar of his shirt.

“Whoa, whoa! Easy, Ope!” Unser said putting his hands up in defense and I stood up on my feet but didn’t move any closer to them.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Opie growled at him as he held him at gun point.

“Easy… easy.” Unser pleaded trying to calm Opie down. “Reyna get Opie to calm down.”

“No.” I said in stern voice, I wanted answers as much as Opie did. The one person I trusted the most in this screwed up world of theirs was laying dead next to my feet and I couldn’t stop the tears that were falling.

“What are you doing here?!” Opie growled in a menacing voice.

“I… I followed you guys up.” he said in nervous voice.

“You knew about this?” Opie growled.

“Uh... yes.” Unser said to him

Opie was breathing heavy out of anger and I couldn’t stop the tears that were flowing down my face. “Who did it… Why didn't you tell me?” he snapped at Unser.

“That's... why I'm here now.” Unser stuttered.

“Was it the Mexicans?” Opie growled at him not letting him go yet.

“No… No…” Unser said quickly.

“Who… What… talk to me!” Opie growled at him and I could see his whole body shaking in rage.

“Clay... killed your old man.” Unser said looking between me and Opie.

“What?” Opie and I both said at the same time.

“Clay killed him.” Unser said again.

“That's bullshit.” Opie said not believing it, I on the other hand began crying more when I realized it had to be true.

“I wish it were, Piney had some kind of leverage on Clay.” Unser said explaining himself. “Was using it to get the club out of the cartel deal… Clay came up here to change his mind, things went south.” Unser was telling Opie and my sadness turned to fear. Clay killed Piney try to kill Tara and I was the only other person that knew about this leverage other than Gemma. “He killed him.” Unser said breaking me from my thoughts.

“How do you know this?” Opie growled at him.

“Gemma found out, she asked me to come up here and fix the scene, make it look like the cartel.” Unser said and Opie relaxed his hold a bit as he slowed his breathing down. “I swear.”

“And why are you telling me this?” Opie asked trying to keep himself calm.

“Gemma confronted Clay about Piney.” Unser said looking from Opie over to me. “He almost killed her, beat her bloody. Clay's out of control and you're no stranger to that.” Unser said as Opie was beginning to slowly lose his control again. “He tried to kill you, and killed your wife. Now he killed your father too and I have very good reason to believe your cousin will be next.”

“Why would he want to hurt Reyna, what has she done to him?” Opie growled at him. “Why should I believe you?” he asked as he glanced over at me and I was still having a hard time breathing evenly.

“If you don't believe me... go see Gemma's face, ask her who did it.” Unser said looking at him then at me again. “Reyna can tell you, Gemma looks bad.”

“You knew about this?” Opie said turning his rage on me. “You knew what Clay did to my dad?”

“No! I did not know about this.” I said shaking my head between sobs. “I love my uncle… I would have told you the minute I found out.”

“Clay's got to go, son... before he kills someone else you love.” Unser said getting Opie’s attention back on him.

Opie glanced over his shoulder at Unser then looked back at me. He slowly walked closer to me and I felt myself getting scared but when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug I began crying as I hugged him back. We both stood there holding each other in comfort. We got out of there after Opie talk with Unser on how to handle everything then he took me back to his place to stay. Opie wanted me to stay away from the clubhouse unless I was with him or Happy.

The next afternoon when I woke up I found my car sitting in the driveway and the house empty. I didn’t know what to do with myself, I had to keep busy so I would not break down again. I spent the entire night tossing and turning from nightmares and cramps. Opie told me not say anything to anyone including Happy until he had everything straighten out. I wasn’t sure what that meant but I was going to listen for my own safety. I decided the best thing for me to do was go up to the hospital and see Tara until I had to meet Opie at the funeral home.

I walked in her room when she was in the middle of talking with Jax. “Those are my boys.” She said to him when I opened the door.

“I know.” Jax said to her then they both looked over at me.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know you were here. Phil didn’t say anything when I walked up.” I said shaking my head. “I’ll wait out there.”

“No it’s ok, you can stay in here.” Jax said with a small smile as he turned back to face Tara. “I promise, she will not get near Abel.”

“Gemma didn't want me to tell you.” Tara said to him as she waved me over to sit in the chair next to her. “She's afraid it'll push us further away.”

“I will deal with my ex-wife and my mother, okay?” he said as he walked over and kissed Tara on the top of her head. “You two relax and I’ll have Phil stand outside.” He said as he nodded at me and walked out.

“Reyna are you ok?” Tara asked looking over at me. “You look upset.”

“I’m fine.” I said trying to put on my best fake smile. “I’ve been having a lot of cramps and don’t know why.”

“You should go see the doctor and let her know.” Tara said as she adjusted herself in the bed.

“Maybe I will… it really is beginning to bother me.” I said rubbing the lower half of my stomach.

We stood there talking for a while about random things and she was telling me about Jax’s  junkie ex-wife that showed up yesterday then my phone rang and I pulled it out. “Hello.”

“Where the hell are you?” Happy snapped at me through the phone and I could hear the anger in his voice. “I came back here last night and you were gone… where the fuck were you?”

“I’m at the hospital with Tara.” I said as my heart started racing. “I was with Opie last night and he let me stay at his place.”

“You should have fucking called me.” He snapped at me.

“I’m sorry ok.” I snapped back at him. “I’ll call you when I leave here.” I said hanging up on him.

“Reyna you don’t sound ok.” Tara said looking at me with a concerned face.

“I’m going to go talk to the doctor.” I said getting up. “I’ll come back and tell you what she says to me.”

I walked out of the room to come face to face with my biggest fear. “Cool, man… you need anything?” Phil said to Clay as he was walking away.

Clay looked at me and smirked as he answered Phil “I'm good.” Phil kept walking and I tried to walk the other way but Clay quickly grabbed my arm and stopped me. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m going to see the doctor.” I said trying to free my arm from his grasp but he wouldn’t let go, he just tighten his grip. “Clay you’re hurting me.”

“We’re going to go talk with doctor first.” He said pulling me towards the door and he let my arm go just as he opened the door and nudged me inside.

Tara gasped when she saw us come in and she adjusted herself up to sit and I walked over to stand closer to her. “Where's Jax?” she asked looking at him as she reached over and held my hand that I placed on the bed rail.

“He's finishing up some things, wanted me to come by to check up on you.” He said with a fake smile.

Tara didn’t seem to buy what he said neither did I she sighed but went along with what he said. “Thanks.”

“Sure… we gotta get you better.” He said smirking at her and I felt like my stomach was turning just by being in the same room with this bastard. “And ready to go, you and Jax got yourself a plan… put all this violence behind. It's a smart move…” he said then the real reason behind him being there started to come out. “I'd hate to see something get in the way of that.”

“Really?” Tara said as she gave my hand a small squeeze.

“You know, I could make sure this plan happens… push some doors wide open.” He said in a calm but scary voice. “See that nobody gets in your way.”

“Even Gemma?” Tara asked.

“I'll stop her, she won't run at you.” He said to her, I was trying to figure out why I was forced back in here.

“Yeah, I saw how you slowed her down.” Tara said sarcastically and I wanted to smack her because I saw first hand what he could do and I was scared.

“There's only one thing that could get in the way of that escape dream.” He said as he moved closer to the bed. “Those letters.”

“How do you know about them?” Tara said in a shocked voice. “Gemma?”

“She thought you were going to show them to Jax.” He said smiling at her. “Create a shit storm but you're a smart girl, Tara.” He said as he moved to stand next to the bed and she squeezed my hand a little tighter. “You know what happens if Jax reads those letters… it's the reason why he doesn't have them already… Complicates your departure.” He said to her as he glanced at me. “You need to give me the letters, Tara and everyone in this room stays safe.” He said looking from me to her.

“If you're so sure I'm not going to give them to Jax, why do you need them?” she asked him trying to keep her composure.

“Peace of mind, I want to be able to sleep at night.” He said taking a small step back. “You can understand that… you give me the letters, I’ll destroy them... you and Jax leave with the boys.” He said as he looked back up at me. “Everybody will be happy and safe.”

“And if I don't give them to you?” Tara asked him and he glared at her.

“I'm not sure you and Jax ever make it out of Charming.” He said in an evil voice. “And that child may not make it into this world.” He said pointing at me as he walked out of the room.

I stood there breathing a little heavy out fear and Tara kept my hand in hers. “Reyna, you need to get away from here now.” She said looking up at me just as Gemma quickly walked in the room.

“I can’t take this… I can’t do this anymore.” I said pulling my hand away from her.

“Baby girl are you ok?” Gemma asked looking at me with concern all over her face.

“I gotta go.” I said quickly leaving the room before anyone could stop me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 3K 46
*Sequel to Money Can't Buy Happiness* Time heals all wounds, or so they say. Can Katie deal with the emotional struggles of having the two most impo...
386K 7.1K 26
Sophie Mitchell has changed her life around for the better, but there is a certain thing that will forever remind her of her former life. Happy/OC Di...
10.1K 577 62
What happens when a set of parents are looking for husbands for their three daughters? When the tight-knit family moves to Charming, California plans...
2.5K 75 6
Coming back to the person you love after running 5 years earlier wouldn't be pleasant for anyone especially if you have a secret you've never told th...