Mercy

By zeffervescent

"We are the kids our parents warned us about." Teenage rebellion. Everyone goes through that stage, with sim... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twentytwo
Chapter Twentythree
Chapter Twentyfour
Chapter Twentyfive
Note
Chapter Twentysix
Chapter Twentyseven
Chapter Twentyeight
Chapter Twentynine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirtyone
Chapter Thirtytwo
Chapter Thirtythree
Chapter Thirtyfour
Chapter Thirtyfive
Chapter Thirtysix
Chapter Thirtyseven
Chapter Thirtyeight
Chapter Thirtynine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Fortyone
Chapter Fortytwo
Chapter Fortyfour
Chapter Fortyfive
Chapter Fortysix
Chapter Fortyseven
Chapter Fortyeight
Chapter Fortynine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fiftyone
Chapter Fiftytwo
Chapter Fiftythree
Chapter Fiftyfour
Chapter Fiftyfive
Chapter Fiftysix
Chapter Fiftyseven
Chapter Fiftyeight
Chapter Fiftynine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Fortythree

90.6K 2.8K 2.8K
By zeffervescent

note // questions i've been asked and here are the answers

        the gif on the side explains Serenity in one i cant even lauren is bae.

        there will be a lot of text messages in this chapter. it's a little filler before i fall asleep on you guys.

Serenity;

    There’s not a moment of complete peace I can share with Harry without someone like my mother coming to disrupt my happiness. I felt my eyes widen a bit. Harry -- still above me -- frowned, looking as irritated as ever. I was, too, but the faster I dealt with her the better.

    “Are you fucking kidding me?” Harry hissed to himself.

    I sighed heavily, moving from underneath him to stand on my feet. Behind me, he said, “How does she even know where I live?”

    Just for a second, I was allowed contemplation. I thought about, and came up with the first thing that popped into my head. “Everyone knows where you live,” I told him, turning the knob of his bedroom door and heading out into the hallway. My hatred grew a little bit for my mother at the moment.

    I was on the first step back down when I saw her at the front door, arms crossed over her chest, furiously gazing around the house. At every other decorative item she saw she’d scoff and probably judge the family some more. She’s so unbelievable. She just hates the Styles family without a given doubt.

    Harry followed behind me as I descended the stairs. I caught her attention, and when we locked eyes she immediately opened her mouth. I prepared to hear some more bullshit pour out of her mouth. I know she’s concerned for me, but really this is too much.

    “Serenity, I hope you have everything gathered because we’re leaving. Come on,” she said quickly, not even bothering to look at the Harry, who stood behind me with his jaw clenched. He looked furious, but I don’t blame him. He probably has a strong disliking towards her.

    I raised my eyebrows. “Uh...why?”

    “Why?” She seethed. “Why because I’m putting my foot down, and you’re coming home. Away from this barbaric family.”

    Harry chuckled behind me, earning a burning, almost painful by the sight glare from my mother. He coughed and shook his head slowly, as if ashamed of my mother and her thoughts. I swallowed down my anger as I calmly stated, “I’m not going anywhere.”

    Anne stood at the entrance between the kitchen and the foyer where we stood. She silently watched the interaction, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and possibly offense by my mother’s words towards her family.

    “You are seventeen. You do as I say. I can’t continue to let you waste your time and get distracted by that little good for nothing,” mother snapped, feverishly straightening the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

    I scoffed at her words while Harry muttered, “Ouch,” sarcastically.

    “Mom, we weren’t doing anything wrong. We were watching a movie for crying out loud.” I somehow remained calm although I wanted to scream multiple profanities at her and tell her that she’s fucking psychotic.

    “I don’t want you near that piece of trash, and certainly nowhere near his family. Now, let’s go,” she yelled through a clenched jaw.

    A cough aired into our comfortable atmosphere. It didn’t belong to Harry, and I surely didn’t cough. Neither did my mother.

    Anne stepped forward between where we all stood, arms crossed over her shoulder as she turned to face my mother. A stern, stolid expression was plastered on her face, although I could tell she was angry at what she was hearing.

    “Excuse me, Mrs. Carter,” she began slowly. “But I don’t appreciate you talking about my son and my family that way.”

    Mother just stared with annoyance. “I’m here for my daughter. And I’m not leaving until she comes home with me. You’re son is a horrible influence. A corrupted little maggot.”

    At first Anne seemed like a really nice person, but she was about to burst at every word my mother spoke. She tends to bring out the worst in people, so it isn’t much of a surprise.

    “First of all, you don’t come into my house and disrespect my family or my son. Second, Harry has positive attributes to him. For starters, he’s got a good head on his body, which happens to lack on your part. Rather than being ignorant and gullible to believe things he has heard, he is a strong boy with much more to offer than a cold snarl like yours. So please, get out of my barbaric house.”

    Shit, I thought to myself, wanting to laugh and thank Anne thousands of times for being so straight forward and assertive with my mother. Not one person in town talks to my mother that way, being afraid to be judged or something. I did none of these, though. My mother just seemed to keep her stand, ignoring Anne with a small huff.

    “I’ll be waiting in the car, Serenity.” Is all she said, letting her gaze linger on Anne.

    Harry’s mom just stared, an eyebrow raised as almost a threat to leave the perimeter of her home or she’ll do something about it. My jaw almost went slack at the way Anne reacted. It was honestly one of the best things I’ve seen to her. How she carelessly put my mother in her place.

    Behind me, Harry’s lips were parted and eyes wide filled with astonishment, and maybe a sparkle of admiration for his mother. When my mother began to walk out, Anne turned around and blew air out of her mouth in irritation.

    “I’m sorry about that,” I immediately apologized, but was stopped when Anne began to shake her head.

    “It’s alright,” she said, placing her hand on my shoulder as we made eye contact. “I think you should go home with your mother. I can’t keep you here no matter how much I want to.”

    I nodded, deciding I should leave for the best. Harry and I were upstairs while I grabbed my shoes and began to put them on. As I sat at the edge of the bed, Harry leaned against the wall beside his door, arms crossed over his chest.

    “I can’t believe my mum just did that,” Harry exasperated. “Like, whoa! I had no clue she had the audacity to even --”

    I broke out into an accidental laugh, blurting out as I tied the laces on my shoes, “I think now we know where you get your sassy instincts from.”

    Harry smiled softly to himself. “I guess so.” I raised from the bed, combing my fingers through my hair and making my way towards Harry. With my hands still in my hair, Harry placed his hands on my waist and pulled me in closer.

    My eyes peeked up at him, lazy grin lacing through my lips. I dropped my hands from my hair and placed them on his shoulders, feeling him grab my chin between his index and thumb fingers. He leaned down to kiss my lips with his other hand on my hip. I grinned slightly as our lips met again, mine catching his bottom one between my teeth and tugging at it before pulling away. He rolled his eyes at my actions.

    “Why have you got to leave?” He groaned.

    “My mom’s a little bit crazy. That’s why. I promise we’ll text all night.”

    “This was supposed to be a very good night,” he grumbled to himself, my eyebrows raising in realization.

    “Wait, what were you going to say before Anne called you?” I asked him, concern laced gently within my words.

    Harry paused, biting his lip. “It can wait.”

    I nodded slowly. “Okay. Well, walk me out?”

    “Right this way, ma’ lady,” he grinned, chuckling when I playfully scoffed at him. His hand grasped mine, entwining our fingers together as he lead me out to the hallway and down the stairs.

    Anne waved goodbye to me from their living room. I smiled apologetically, genuinely feeling bad for bringing my mother’s ass all the way to her house. As for asking to be friends with me or be in a relationship with me, you’ll be asking for the company of my parents as well.

    Harry led me outside, leaving his front door parted open so he could get back outside. I glanced at the driveway, seeing my mother parked on the other side of the fountain, her eyes just now seeing us. I quickly gazed back at Harry, seeing as he already had his hands on my hips, his lips nearing mine with want.

    “Harry,” I mumbled against his lips, “She’s watching.”

    “Good.”

    He kissed my lips rather roughly, but not to an extent where it seemed too much. I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling the tips of his fingers graze the skin just between the band of my leggings and the hem of my hoodie. He grasped my sides and pulled me closer to his body, continuing to move his lips with mine with careless affection despite my mother’s burning gaze.

    When Harry placed his hands on my ass, pressing both of our crotches much closer, my mother finally beeped her horn at us. Harry laughed against my lips in amusement while I pushed at his shoulder, interrupting the contact between our mouths.

    “Dumbass!” I shouted, laughing.

    “Oh, c’mon, you know you love it,” he teased.

Just like I love you, my mind answered for me.

    Instead of saying those words, I chuckled and pecked his cheek. “Bye, Sweetums,” I murmured against his skin, quickly jogging down the front steps and rushing to my mother, who now stopped beeping at us.

    I could only imagine her face the entire time she had witnessed us. Her face was twisted into an unpleased, disgusted smile. Which turned mine into an amused smirk that I so desperately tried to hide, but failed when Harry yelled very loudly behind me.

    “I miss you already, beautiful!”

    My soft laugh escaped my mouth as I entered the car. I looked out the window, watching him make a heart with his hands, looking like a dork, but I’m in love with that dork. My mother scoffed, turning the engine on as I immediately rolled down the window.

    “Go inside, dork!” I shouted back, laughing. At that moment, Belle had tip-toed outside in a purple, fluffy tutu and a white shirt with a panda drawn on it. Her hair gorgeous hair was all over her face, obvious from a nap. “Hi, Belle!” I screamed as my mother began to drive away.

    Harry picked her up, and Belle’s eyes widened as she shrieked out, “Seri!” Her small hand frantically waved to me while Harry’s waves were much slower.

    I saw them going back inside when I settled in my seat, clicking on my seatbelt out of habit. Later, I rolled up the window and sat there in silence. My mother drove out through their gates that had opened. I have no clue how she got let inside, but I’m sure a few threats about calling the police were made.

    There was an awkward, noticeably thick tension in the air. I stared out the window, not wanting to speak a single word to my mother. In my thoughts, my phone began to vibrate in the pocket of my hoodie. I slowly pulled out my phone, seeing that Harry had already sent me a text message.

    Harry😍: im peeing and belle walks in to ask if ur fever has gone down and if that’s why u were here

    I pressed my lips tightly, trying to stop myself from laughing as I pressed my fingers against the bright screen. It illuminated my area in the car, considering the darkening sky was looming around outside.

    Serenity: im in my mom’s car

    Seconds later, Harry replied with.

    Harry😍: vroom vroom

    Chuckling softly, I typed back to him quickly.

    Serenity: oh? 😂

    Harry😍:  that reminds me, car sex...i want 👌💦😍

    It was funny because we hadn’t had sex on a bed to begin with. But Harry’s probably been waiting for the green light to do everything he’s suggested so far. Shower sex was on that list, too. I mean, I really don’t mind, but I can already see myself feeling a little hotter and I’m next to my mother. That is wrong on so many levels.

    Serenity; stop. my mom’s next to me

    Harry😍: no. i wanna take u on vacation and do everything i want with u 😉👅

    Fuck his need to suddenly use emojis. I put my phone back into my pocket, knowing if I replied he wouldn’t stop teasing me. Throughout the way home, my phone vibrated constantly, I knew it was Harry. I smiled to myself, turning away to look at the window just to make sure my mother isn’t seeing me.

    “It’s as if you’re hypnotized by this boy,” my mother grumbled.

    I inhaled deeply, turning to look at her. She stared ahead at the road, clearly not wanting to look at me due to what she had witnessed last night.

    “I’m not hypnotized. I just really, really like him.” I told her calmly, but slightly bitter. “He makes me happy, mom. Why can’t you just accept that? And give him a chance?”

    “He is no good for you.” Is all she said, as dry as my father had.

    I rolled my eyes. “What do you want from him, then!?” I shouted in annoyance.

    “Don’t raise your voice at me!” She remarked hotly. “And what I want from him is for him to stay away from you.”

    “Ugh, there’s just no way anyone can come to an agreement with you!”

    “We don’t need to make agreements,” she hissed. “What I say is what goes. Period.”

    She was being too irritating, so I pulled out my phone and engulfed myself in Harry’s texts that I hadn’t replied to. I just can’t do it anymore. There is no way I can have a decent relationship with my mother because of her constant need to have everything done her way. It just can’t be that way. I want Harry and she wants Elliot for me. It won’t work that way, unfortunately.

    Harry😍: i want youuu

    Dork.

    Harry😍: baby

    Cheeseball.

    Harry😍: I’m literally sitting here finishing the movie myself. i wanted just one nice night with u at home but ur mum had to throw a fit

    Loser.

    Harry😍: we can’t even cuddle anymore like 💔

    He never fails to make me laugh or emotionally brighten me up with his dorky, cheesy ways On occasions, this was nice to hear and see. He was so sweet to me, but on other days he instantly became an asshole and shouted whatever he wanted at me. Careless and also merciless regarding my feelings.

    Serenity: i wanna cuddle 2, tbh

    Serenity: 😞

    I grinned when I read the text message he sent me afterwards, trying not to laugh as I decided to text him the rest of the way home, which was only about two minutes or so now.

    Harry😍: ughhh...Belle wants to watch Dora with me so im guessing my rest of the night will be spent watching a Mexican, underaged midget travel around with her monkey friend

    Harry😍: well this night didn’t go as planned

    Serenity: I didn’t know u were friends with Dora! 😂

    Harry😍: Well fuck u

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 59.4K 53
In order to be taken seriously, Lexi has had to become something she hates; emotionless, ruthless and a little bit brutal. But despite the tough ext...
374K 6.9K 60
troubled teen Eli "Hawk" with violent and dangerous tendencies, sparks up something out of the ordinary with guarded up Emialia What troubles or pea...
Safe By bree

Fanfiction

1.9M 46.8K 46
Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a flirt that never leaves Rae alone, and...
7.5K 572 52
When two strangers in be past collide in the present, the perfect crime could become a nightmare.