Move on. Even if it hurts to...

anonymousliars द्वारा

Adrianna Cavery, 19-year-old spanish rouge. Naturally loyal, protective, and definitely bound to bring troubl... अधिक

Move on. Even if it hurts to do so. {Book 1}
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 2

31 3 5
anonymousliars द्वारा

SORRY I didn't upload as fast as I thought I would. I don't feel like explaining myself, it would just be like a bunch of excuses so...

R&R.

VOTE.COMMENT.READ.

Chapter 2:

I woke with a start, and as a reflex I quickly looked around for anything I could use as a weapon. As I was looking around, I calmed myself - and my wolf - seeing as there was no threat that needed to be dealt with. So I relaxed my stance and focused on trying to remember where I was exactly.

Thinking back to yesterday, I remember seeing a highway that was particularly close to a town that I had heard of before. So I decided to start heading towards there; rather be alive in a town I've never been to, than wandering around till I drop dead. Then it got late and I just dropped down in a random part of the forest to fall asleep.

Stretching to get my body awake, I winced slightly noticing a pain on my right side. I checked the area for bleeding before lifting my shirt to see this huge bruise that I must have gotten when I was sleeping on my side. Damn floor. Everything always has to attack me.

Like that time when I had only glared at a cat and it pounced. I had scratches on my face and arms for like 3 days! All I did was look at it in a mean way; I mean yeah I was basically throwing it a challenging look, but that didn't mean it had to pounce on me!

Letting my shirt fall back down I thought that this bruise would probably hurt for a couple of days (and no when I use the word couple it does not always mean 2). So, that's going to suck. Now I just have to fully wake up and get moving before I fall back asleep. God, why won't you give me a break on some days? I want to have the privilege, or at least the choice, of being able to stay in a bed and laze around all day.

Bleh - better get moving so I can actually get into a bed.

As I began to walk, I just complained to myself even more; really, about anything I could. The weather, me walking, no food, me walking, no bed, me walking, and me walking. Complaining was the only thing I had to do out here, and it was quite useful. I was able to get my frustrations out, real easily; if I found nothing else to complain about, I would complain about my complaining. So this way I wouldn't have to listen to silence as I walked.

Getting back near the highway took longer than I thought it would take. I hadn't realized that I walked that far off to find a place to sleep. I was probably half-awake then anyways. I don't actually walk that close to the - or any - highway, since I didn't want people stopping just to ask me if I wanted a ride. I mean, if I wanted a ride, I would ask for one, stupid people.

I was able to see the highway from where I was, but the people in their cars wouldn't be able to notice me. I also didn't want to use my wolf since then I have to figure out what to do with my clothes. It was just too much work, so I walked. Even though I hated it; but I think I hated thinking more than walking, so it was a better alternative.

Seeing a sign that said that I was about a mile and a half away, I sighed. With the pace I was going at it was bound to take around another hour or so, and I was starting to get hot with this weather and my clothing. I weighed my options: die from the heat or get picked up by a random stranger that could possibly kill me or get on my last nerve that would make me want to kill them. Fair enough....

Walking toward the highway, I came out of the shelter of the trees and immediately shielded my eyes from the glaring sun. My black hair not helping my predicament and just making my head even more hot. Stupid hair. Stupid sun. Anyways, I got to the side of the road, just inside those silver bar thingys that keep the cars from crashing into the forest, and I just sat down with my thumb out. I actually don't know if it works, I just see it in a lot of movies.... So it might work, I don't know, movies are not always true.

Like that one time when - oh look a car is coming here. So I guess it does work. Maybe.

"Need a ride?" I think I already said something about this question, so I just stared dumbly at him. I couldn't help myself though, this retort had to come out, I would say it's like giving birth but it doesn't really hurt me.

"No it's fine, really. I'm just sitting here waiting for Mario and Luigi to bring Peach already so that we can let her get kidnapped by Bowser and then we can save the world. Holding out my thumb doesn't mean anything, it's just something I do with my free time." Since I did not want to wait for another car I just added, "But I wouldn't mind if you gave me a ride to the town that's like a mile and a half away from here. It would  help me in my quest."

He just laughed and said get in, and no guys please do not foretell anything and say that he is my destined one just because he laughed at my joke or ended up giving me a ride to the town. That's just like stupid.

So on this ride to the town he tried to strike up a conversation, like anyone would do if there was a stranger in their car.

"So, why are you headed to this town?"

"I already told you. It was the first sentence I have ever told you in my whole life and you forget. What kind of stranger are you?" I asked him incredulously. He laughed, again, which was annoying, and just asked something else.

"So how old are you? What's your name?" He asked two questions! That's not right, it's one per sentence/phrase/your-turn-to-speak-time.

"I'm being interrogated by a stranger? What a day." Shaking my head at this poor man, who liked to interrogate strangers.

"I was just asking a simple question. Or two." He defended himself very stupidly (if that's is a word) right there.

"Exactly. You can't ask me two questions at once. Only one at a time." I don't know why, but I poked him on his cheek to see how he would react. Not very safe. Pick one to see if you were right.

1) He tried to bite my finger off.

2) He ended up losing control of the car

3) He screamed like a girl and the car was under control.

If you guessed #3 then you are partially correct. It was actually all three. But the third one was actually after he got the car under control. If he was someone I knew I would either be really mad or laughing my head off. But he wasn't so I was disturbed. Very much.

Bringing back my finger slowly, I looked away from him and just put my hands in my lap. While I was looking forward, he took deep breaths to calm himself and pulled over at a cafe sort of place. We both just sat there in silence. He cleared his throat and looked towards me very slowly.

"My name is Darrel, and we must never speak of this again." He had a very serious face on but I don't think I could do that.

"I'm sorry - to you and me - that I had to wittiness that unfortunate event." I paused. "But I can't promise you that Darrel, unless I get something to hush me up. Then maybe, I will think about it." Well I won't really think about it, since I hate thinking, but I am just really hungry right now and I want to go into that cafe.

Darrel sighed, I don't know if it was a frustrated, a sad, or a relieved sigh. Just don't ask. And told me OK; well not exactly. He actually said this:

"Alright then. I'll drop you off at a hotel, but in two days come back here at around 2 p.m. and then I'll have something to hush you up."

It sounds like I just saw a murder and I might get killed. Jesus, that's kind of creepy.

So he dropped me off at this four star hotel, which obviously I didn't have enough money to pay for. So I just settled for walking around and basically seeing where I'm at.

As I was taking in the scents, I noticed that he was also werewolf, I guess I was just too busy being disturbed to notice. Not only that, but this town smells like werewolves are everywhere. Great. Now I'm in a territory that I don't know, I'm not only a rouge, but a possible threat and this creepy guy keeps staring at my ass. Wonderful day to be alive. Did I mention that it's really hot out?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

REALLY SORRY. I know I haven't uploaded lately. And I am sad to say that I wasn't even planning on doing this update... What does that say to you about me?

I'm sorry if this chapter is bad in anyway, I'm a bad writer, and still trying to figure out how I would get her character down.... >:[    I can't figure it out! (yet?)

But at least I got this chapter up. I had actually started it right after the first chapter but I didn't really finish it till now. Anyways! (to those of you still reading...) THANK YOU FOR READING (?) I'LL TRY TO UPDATE SOON.

Please review D:

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8.6M 221K 48
Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother to her. Right before her first shift, he...
1.6K 44 27
18+ | Liana Williams - party going, ginger sweetheart was rejected by her mate on the first day of her senior year. After spending what little time...
62K 2.6K 19
Mari Greenfield. A name everybody knows, from whispers on the street, to every pack in North America and still farther. Why, because she's the most d...
868K 18.9K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...