Beauty and The Beast ~ Hulk L...

By Sun_Shine_Loverz

Finally, The second book is well underway! I hope you guys love this one as much as the first one! More

The Beauty
Chapter One!!
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
A/N
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Five

4.4K 136 23
By Sun_Shine_Loverz

(A/N: I am so sorry this has taken me so long! I have two chapters for you guys! Thank you so much for all my fans! Enjoy and please give me some feedback)

*Aero's POV*

I stepped into the bathroom that was attached to the room I shared with Bruce. I started the shower and stripped out of the clothes from earlier in the day. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail, it fell in loose waves around my shoulders. I grabbed my phone from the counter and turned on my shower playlist. I checked the time, there were only two hours until the party started. I knew that Natasha would be banging on my door any time now. I hummed along to 'Wait For It' from Hamilton. I stepped into the shower and closed the frosted glass door behind me. I let the water warm my body for a moment. I leaned my head back so water could run through my hair. I closed my eyes and let myself sigh in a sense of peace. I ran my hands through my hair to assure all of my hair was wet before I started to wash it. The sound of the door of the bathroom opening made me pause what I was doing. I opened my eyes just enough to try and see what was going on. I was half expecting Natasha. It was hard to make out who was by the door through the frosted glass. My mind jumped into overdrive causing my imagination to go flying off the handles. My heart sunk to my stomach and a lump formed in my throat. My blood ran cold as panic through my veins. I looked over to the door through the frosted glass. A dark figure with features I couldn't make out stood close to the bathroom door. My panic got the better of me allowing my eyes to play tricks on me. The dark figure morphed into a Chitauri. I stumbled back a bit knocking over a few bottles. They fell to the shower floor with a loud clatter.

"I'm sorry, Aero. I wasn't trying to scare you." Bruce's voice startled me. I blinked a few times and tried to calm my breathing. I shook my head and the image of the Chitauri faded. "I was just gonna brush my teeth real quick, then I got to help Tony with a few more things," He explained quickly. I tried to look through the glass to see what he was doing. He appeared to be holding his hand up by his face to keep from looking at me in the shower.

"Oh... That's okay, Bruce. I'm just a bit jumpy. Not use to being in a house with other people." I let out an uneasy laugh as I tried to hide the shakiness in my voice. I forced myself to focus on finishing my shower. "I'll meet you downstairs, alright?" I asked once the water of the sink turned off.

"Alright," Bruce answered. The door to the bathroom opened and closed again. I let out a relaxed sigh and washed my hair.

I took a deep breath and leaned on the wall beside the staircase that leads down to the area that the party was being held. I could hear faint music pumping through the speakers but it was being drowned out by endless chatter coming from the guest and the other Avengers. I took a few deep breaths. Until recently, I had spent the majority of my life on the Hellicarrier under the care of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury. I was not used to large parties like this. I almost felt out of place. I took a few deep breaths and stepped onto the top step. I had a clear view of the party below me. Thor was on the couch chatting away with some veterans. From what I could see, He was telling a very interesting story. A smile tugged on my lips as I watched my best friend's over exaggerated movements. Natasha was on another couch talking with War Machine. She let out a laugh at whatever he had told her. She seemed to be enjoying herself. Clint was away from the hustle of the main party at a small table with the Asian doctor that had batched him up a few days ago. Steve was playing a game of pool with Falcon. From my angle, Steve seemed to be winning, which wasn't a surprise. Tony was bouncing from group to group greeting different people as he went. He passed Bruce who was looking around nervously. He, much like myself, looked like a fish out of water at this party. Tony looked around the room, I assumed to search for me. His blue eyes finally landed on where I stood on the stairs. A small smirk crossed his lips. He placed a firm pat on Bruce's shoulder making Bruce jump a bit. Tony leaned in and whispered in Bruce's ear before making a hand motion up to me. Bruce turned his head towards where I stood. My heart leaped to my throat when his brown eyes met mine. I chewed my bottom lip and started down the stairs. Bruce fumbled about and moved to the base of the stairs to meet me. He held out his hand to help me down the last few steps.

"You look beautiful," Bruce whispered to me. My stomach did a flip at the compliment. It felt nice to have someone to see you like more than another soldier. I let out a small chuckle at my own thoughts.

"Thank you. You look nice as well," I gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. I could see his cheeks light up with a soft blush. I opened my mouth to offer that we go get a drink.

"AERO!" Thor came rushing to my side. He picked me up in a monster hug. I giggled and held tightly to the big bear of a god. "You look amazing," He gushed as he set me back on my feet. His large warm hands on my exposed shoulders made my heart flutter and my face heat up a bit. You couldn't deny that Thor was hot and it didn't hurt that he was my best friend. "Let's get you a drink!" He pulled me away from Bruce over to the bar. I looked back at Bruce with a laugh and a small shrug. He leaned onto the bar to talk to the bartender. "Amaretto Sour?" Thor asked over his shoulder to me. I nodded. He repeated my drink back over to the bartender. The man behind the bar made my drink and handed it over to Thor. Thor passed the pale yellow drink to me. I pulled the cherry from the top and popped it into my mouth with a content smile.

"Enjoying the party, Aerosmith?" Tony tossed his arm over my shoulder with a wide grin on his face. I snorted in laughter and kept my drink level so it didn't spill. I gave a small nod to his question. War Machine came over to where we stood. He began telling Thor, Tony and I a story about something he had done as War Machine.

"I dropped it at the general's feet and was like 'Boom you looking for this'," He finished his story. I almost erupted into laughter at the blank faces of Thor and Tony. They didn't seem to find his story all that impressive. I couldn't say much I wasn't listening to most of it. "Boom, Are you looking for- Why do I even talk to you guys?" War Machine sounded a bit upset that they weren't impressed. I giggled. "Everywhere else that story kills,"

"That's the whole story?" Thor seemed a bit confused. War Machine nodded. "Oh, Well. Its very good then," Thor chuckled and lifted his drink to his lips. I bit my lip to cover the need to laugh. "Very Impressive." He nodded.

"Quality Save," War Machine gave a small eye roll. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" War Machine tried to change the topic to help cover his sore ego. Tony gave a small shrug and shook his head. I looked at Tony's face.

"What about Jane?" Agent Hill asked. I hadn't noticed that she had joined the conversation. Thor tensed a bit beside me. "Where are the Ladies, Gentlemen?" She chuckled looking to the boys. I could tell that Thor hadn't told them about him and Jane breaking up. He covered it with a smile.

"Well, Ms. Potts has a company to run," The tense tone in his voice told me that Tony was also hiding something from the others. The more I thought about it I hadn't seen Pepper around the tower at all since we got back. She could just be busy, but it also seemed a bit odd.

"I'm not even sure what country Jane is in." Thor gave a small shrug. "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor gushed about Jane despite them not being together anymore. I decided it would be best to let it die.

"and the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony piped up quickly so that he would not be outdone.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize." Thor continued the praise of his ex. I felt a tiny pang in her chest but pushed it away. War Machine, Agent Hill, and I exchanged looks knowing they'd continue their attempts to one-up each other.

"They must be busy. I'm sure they would hate to miss you guys getting together." Agent Hill chuckled. "Testosterone!" She coughed fakely making us laugh.

"Oh, My goodness. Want a lozenge?" War Machine smirked as he led her away from the two. I gave a small roll of my eyes as Tony and Thor laughed.

"But Jane's better," Thor took one last blow at Tony. I bumped my shoulder against his. Thor chuckled rubbing the spot.

"Put the rulers away boys. It's not the size of the boat... Its the motion of the ocean," I made a small wave movement with my hands and backed away from them. I had a large smile on my face. I headed off to find other people to talk to. I passed Steve as he headed up the stairs with Falcon in tow. I gave a small wave as they passed.

"You look beautiful, Ro." Falcon whistled. I gave a bright smile and blew him a kiss with a wink. He pretended to catch the kiss and put it over his heart. I rolled my eyes and continued on my way.

~

I stood behind the bar lazily mixing my drink. The party was most of the way over. Thankfully almost all of the guest had left. I watched as some people helped a few of the very drunk veterans out of the party. I snorted in laughter. I poured my drink into a glass that I had sitting on the bar. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bruce walking up to where I stood. I tried to look as serious as possible as I glanced up at him. The party had been such a hustle and bustle I hadn't spent that much time with him. He pulled his glasses off and sat down at the bar. "How'd a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" Bruce almost couldn't hold in his laughter when he called the tower a dump. I leaned forward batting my eyelashes and smiling flirtatiously.

"Fella done me wrong," I purred playfully. I looked down to the glass in front of me. I poured what was left of the drink I had made into a second glass. I pulled a cherry from the container and dropped it into his drink. I grabbed a second cherry, but instead of dropping it into my drink I popped it into my mouth. I looked up at him through my long lashes.

"You got a lousy taste in men, kid." He said in a sad tone. I moved the drink closer to him. I finished the cherry in my mouth before replying.

"He's not so bad," I lifted my drink and leaned onto the bar. "Well," I paused taking a sip. "He has a temper." I gave a small shrug. Bruce physically tensed under my teasing. "Deep down, He's all fluff." Bruce tried to hide his smile by bringing his drink to his lips. He took a small sip unsure of the soft yellow colored drink. He set it back down and kept his gaze on the drink. I chewed my lip before continuing. "Fact is, He's not like anybody I've ever known." I looked up at him with a sweet smile. He lifts his gaze to meet mine. I looked down thinking of how to put my thoughts into words. I want him to know how much I care about him. "All my friends are fighters..." I thought about Natasha, Clint, and Thor. I lifted my eyes to look at him. "And here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight because he knows he'll win." I purred in a quiet tone so that the others wouldn't hear. He mumbled something along the lines of 'sounds amazing' before taking a sip of his drink. "He's also a huge dork," I scrunched my nose a bit. I took a sip of my own drink. "Chicks dig that," I laughed. "what do you think?" I asked falling back into a serious tone. "Should I fight this or... run with it?"

"R-R-Run with it, right? Or did he... was he... What did he do that was so wrong to you?" He stumbled over his words at first. I could tell I had rattled him a bit with my complementing. I simply smiled into my glass as I continued to drink.

"Not a damn thing," I pulled back a bit picking up my drink. I leaned back in failing to hide my smile. "But... Never say never." I winked and headed out from behind the bar. I gave Steve a kind smile as we passed each other. I saw him lean on the bar near Bruce. Steve was like the team dad. I gave a small chuckled and rolled my eyes. Natasha waved me over to where she stood at the top of the stairs. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4.1K 17
Book 2 picks up right after book 1 and follows the events of Thor ragnorak. I want everyone to be aware that parts of this book will be directly take...
433 40 9
I'm pretty sure these are all gonna be very mature so over 18s only. *** Book one *** Summer romance - enemies to lovers? - Russian exchange student...
245K 7.4K 194
Hi! Welcome back! Or if you're new to my books, nice to meet you! You know the drill, if you want me to write something specific, dm me, comment or...
117K 4.5K 35
This is the second book! 'Cause the first one was really long. And I wanted to be mean. :3 Anyway, I love all ya guys who love my stories and thank y...