The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 40: Kings

21.8K 1.6K 1.7K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"We are either kings, or pawns of men."

                  -Anonymous

You released a heavy sigh of frustration as you pulled harshly at the iron chain that bound your right ankle to the bed, your body flinching as the iron rubbed your flesh raw, leaving a trail of blood to drip down your foot.

You silently cursed as a sharp pain shot up your leg, causing you to stop pulling on the chain for a moment.

Your body couldn't take anymore of the struggling, you were beginning to feel weak and light-headed, you didn't know how long you had been in this room, but you see the sunlight begin to seep in through the open window.

You plopped your weak body down onto the soft mattress of your bed, your head beginning to spin and ache as your blue eyes stared at the ceiling.

Was this your life now?

Were you doomed to sit and watch as a man you cared about be forced into a marriage that he doesn't want, while you would be kept as a slave to a feeble king's....lustful desires? You honestly couldn't believe the turn your life had taken in just a short amount of time. Just a few hours ago you were being proposed to, and now you sat in your room, chained to a bed as you waited to be "put to good use"

Tears began to fill your eyes.

There was no way out of this room, you were stuck here like some kind of bird in a cage, and you hated it. You didn't want to marry the king, but that is pretty obvious.

Tears began to roll down your cheeks as you stared at the ceiling blankly, your heart dropping to your stomach.

You didn't know how Grace or the boys were, nobody talked to you or updated you about what was happening, but you couldn't help but assume the worst had happened, knowing the king he probably had them all killed.

The door to your room suddenly clicked open, causing your body to shoot up on full alert, your blue eyes wide in anticipation as you watched the king, along with a few servants who were pulling a small cart, walked into your room.

You sneered in disgust, appalled by the sight of the monster king before you.

"Get out." You growled angrily. "I don't want to see you."

The king released a heavy chuckle, his hand waving in the air as a signal to the servants behind him.

"Hello to you too, my love."

The servants slowly approached you, each one of them wearing a look of pity on their faces as they took in your disheveled stats. They gently pushed the cart over to you, revealing a full plate of hot food and a rose pink gown folded neatly on the bottom shelf of the cart.

"What is this?" You asked with disgust.

"Food." the king stated. "You haven't eaten all night, you'll need your strength to attend my son's wedding ceremony."

You glared at the man in front of you, hatred swirling in your blue orbs.

"I'm not going." You said lowly. "I'm staying here."

Richard released a heavy sigh, motioning for the servants to leave the room, which they did so gladly.

Your gaze followed the Lion King as he stepped closer to you, his royal clothes creating a "swish" sound as he approached you.

"I think you forgot who you are speaking to." He said. "I am your king and future husband, and you will obey me."

"You," you spat out. "Are not my king."

Richard's smile fell and he shook his head in frustration.

"Maybe I should remind you of your position."

You released a loud gasp as the elderly man gripped your chain roughly, pulling your swollen ankle towards him and forcing your body to be closer to his.

"Your chains are mine." He snarled. "Your body, your mind, and your soul all belong to me."

The king's golden eyes slowly raked over your figure, watching as your chest heaved in shock beneath the thin nightgown you wore.  When he had pulled you closer, the night gown had ridden up to expose your upper thighs, and the golden king found himself staring watching your body intently.

You could feel vomit raising up your throat at his perverted gaze, you wanted nothing more than to be away from him, but your body had been worn out from trying to escape the chain which he now held.

"You have the perfect hips for child bearing." The king breathed as his free hand, gently touched your upper thigh, his thumb rubbing the smooth, tanned skin.

Your eyes widened and your body acted on impulse, trying to move away from him, only for his hand to squeeze your thigh roughly, his fingernails digging into the skin and drawing blood. He pulled on your chain harder, forcing your legs to spread apart slightly.

You tried hitting him, but he was too quick, he removed his hand from your thigh and grabbed both of your wrists, pinning them above your head as he smirked down at you.

You didn't think he would be this strong, he looked weak and feeble, but yo couldn't seem to escape his grasp no matter how hard your body fought against it.

The king released your chain, hovering his body over you, as his hand ran up your side.

Tears fell freely from your eyes as your body began to fail you, your exhaustion beginning to take over, and your vision becoming blurry.

You began to give up, this was your life now, no one was around to save you.

"Your highness."

The kings motions suddenly came to halt as he turned his body to glare harshly at the young maid who had entered the room.

"What?!" He snarled.

"Th-they need your approval on the reception menu." she stuttered out, her golden eyes glancing to your weak body for a moment.

The king sighed in frustration.

"Very well. I shall be there shortly."

The maid nodded and quickly left the room.

Your blue eyes watched as the golden king moved away from you, his cold, pale hands leaving your body fully. You almost breathed a sigh of relief, but you knew that the danger hadn't completely gone yet.

"I have to run, my pet." The king started. "It seems that I may have gotten a bit.....carried away with you. I suppose I will have to wait until our wedding night to give you my child, or else he will be seen as illegitimate."

You quickly moved your body to rest against the headboard of the bed, covering your body with the blankets.

"I will never allow you to touch me."

Richard laughed heartily.

"I believe you will change your tune, my sweet. You see, I have a certain infant in my custody, I believe yo called her.....Grace."

Your eyes widened.

"Leave her alone! She has nothing to do with this! She's just a child!"

The king smiled.

"If you don't want to see her harmed then you will do as I say. I am too old for childish games. If you disobey me, even once, I will see to it that the child is put in harms way. Understand?"

You swallowed hard, nodding your head, as your gaze fell to the floor.

Richard smiled widely, approaching you once again. You watched as he roughly grabbed your wrist, pulling it towards him.

Your eyes were wide as you watched him stare at the straw ring one your finger, a scowl on his face.

"That good for nothing Dragon Prince does not have a claim on you anymore."He spat. "If I see him near you again I will rip his eyes out."

He pulled the small ring off of your finger, crushing in his hands as he turned to walk out the door.

"Eat and get dressed." He started "The wedding starts in a few hours."

______________________________________________________

The Great Hall was dreary and cold as you slowly walked into the Ball room. Red curtains draped over every window, candles being the only source of light. Richard didn't invite the whole town, he didn't even invite nobles, he wanted this to be a private ceremony so no one would be able to see that Jimin was forced into it.

Your eyes searched the room as you limped towards your assigned seat, both of your ankles were bound together, making it almost impossible to walk in the heavy gown you were wearing.

You couldn't see a familiar face amungst the small crowd of servants who were rushing to prepare the wedding feast and your heart dropped to your stomach.

Where were the others?

"Wow Y/n. I never thought I'd see the day when you wore pink."

Your eyes widened in happiness at the deep, familiar voice. Your body turned instantly, your arms wrapping around his waist.

Yoongi's orange eyes widened at your sudden act of affection, his heart hammering in his chest as you slowly pulled away.

The dark king stood with a half eaten apple in his hand. He slowly chewed on the sweet fruit as he took in your disheveled state, curiosity cloaking his features.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "Why is Richard here? And what is this party for?"

You shook your head, your gaze scanning the room, before once again falling back on the dragon king.

"We can't talk. Not now. I just need you to do me a favor."

He nodded slowly.

"Alright."

You quickly glanced around, before speaking again.

"Go get Grace, and hide her from Richard. She's in danger."

Yoongi's eyes widened as he watched you turn away, beginning to walk off.

He grabbed your hand firmly, stopping you in your tracks.

"Why is she in danger?" He asked worriedly. "What is going on?"

You pulled your hand away, hoping no one saw what just happened.

"I can't tell you now, just please hurry."

With those words, you turned on your heels, walking away and leaving the young king to his thoughts.

He frowned as he noticed your slight limp, your body seemed to favor your left leg now, and you seemed weak. Your cheeks were tear stained, and the way your voice shook when you spoke unnerved him, fear seemed to cover your entire being....and Yoongi didn't like it not at all.

Despite his unease and slight anger, he couldn't seem to take his mind off of an important detail about you, a detail most people would over look.

The raven haired king released a sad sigh and turned to exit the room, his strong resolve slowly fading as he struggled to hide the tears that were beginning to form in his tangerine eyes.

You weren't wearing the ring.

A/N,

This chapter is not my best work, and to be honest I seriously hate Richard. I swear I'm not trying to torment you guys.

Please don't take offense to this chapter. I wanted the King's true character to be revealed in this chapter, it is very vital and important to the story line.

ANOTHER THING

Because you have all been faithful and awesome(I literally love each and every one of you) I have decided to give you a small hint about this book. It doesn't reveal too much, but it's sort of a hint.

AND THE HINT IS:

Namjoon the wise

Jimin the kind

Taehyung the courageous

Hoseok the friendly

Jungkook the golden

Jin the  humble

Yoongi the loved

*INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 10.5K 43
Like the spark of a fire, Jungkook was a light to brighten the darkness that consumed Yoongi. Like the heat of a fire, Yoongi's touch warmed Jungko...
501K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently 💞 under some final...
208K 3.3K 51
Follow (Y/n) as she joins BTS and lives the life every army would kill for but maybe that's how it'll end. Her demise. Started: September 1st, 2018 E...
863K 33.7K 21
❝I swear she's the only person that can make me stay sane even though I'm insanely in love with her.❞ ══════ •◦ ❉ ◦• ══════ ➺ MAFIA AU >>> BOOK 1 ➺ m...