Searching ~ Captain James Con...

By its_yadisneygirl

An animal behaviorist and a tracker have been asked to join in on a 'mapping excursions' to an uncharted isla... More

Searching ~ captain james Conrad
(1) the mysterious island
(2) recruiting
(3) Briefing
(4) why
(5) Oh no
(6) aftermath
(8) Hank Marlow
(9) fixer upper
(10) goodbye village
(11) Reunion
(12) Skull Crawlers
(13) Aftermath
(14) Packard gone mad

(7) don't shoot

2.4K 63 13
By its_yadisneygirl

Its been almost an hour since we left the crash site and made our way through the unknown. Everyone was exhausted as well as a bit shaken up about the events that occurred earlier.

James took leadership and with his skills he lead us through the jungle, with a little help from me as I kept watch, to make sure we weren't in any danger of being found by a predator.

We walked in a single file line, some of us who knew how to shoot held guns for protection.
But I couldn't help the questions that nagged my brain.

"Brooks explain what the hell you haven't been telling us" I demanded as we walked.

Brooks sighed and began to explain as we walked.

"It's called the hallow earth theory , Rwanda hired me becasue I wrote a paper substantiating what most people will think is a crack pot idea. That there are these massive  underground spaces isolated from the surface world—."

"—-Passageways Rwanda believed this island might be one of those" San added

"An emergence point for what ever lives below.
Ancient species like what we just saw , I thought he was out of his mind" Brooks concluded, at this point we were walking in a large field of wheat.

Walking out the wheat field , james lead us towards the river and we began walking along the river banks. I looked over and saw these beautiful hills coming out the water , at the top of these hills was thick mist that seemed to cover the sky.

I looked over at the water and I noticed a bone like structure in the water with plants hanging off it. There were even birds perked upon it.

"This is Slivko, do you read? Anybody out there? We are headed north of the ex fil location, Everyone here seems way too calm right now. You copy?Anybody?" Slivko yelled into the radio transmitter.

"We're out of range,Slivko," James said truthfully without looking back. Slivko was disappointed after not receiving a transmission and put the mic back in his bag.

"Save it for when we get closer to the group." James instructed. Looking over at the water I noticed bubbles appearing on the surface.

They were small but noticeable if you know what your looking for. Ripples began to emerge upon the water surface. Looking up at the birds, they began to chirp before they flew away.

"Wait" I whispered , everyone stopped and froze. I watched the water as a creature emerged from it , this cause the others to jump back in surprise. Slivko pulled out his gun as he had his eyes set on the creature as it began walking towards us.

The creatures resembled more of a buffalo with much larger horns. It had light brown fur with splotches of green algae covering parts of the body and horns.

"Nobody move." James instructed as the creature let out a breathe through its nostrils. It began walking up the bank and from I could see it had feet that resembled a cow. So therefore it was not a predator especially with its jaw structure.

"Easy." I said as I held one hand out to Slivko and to the creature in-front of us. It began to make groaning noises, this cause Slivko to place his finger on the trigger , ready to fire at any moment.

"Shhhhhh" I said calmly and slowly, hoping to calm Slivko down as the creature approached us , showing us how much bigger it actually was. I watched us as it chewed on whatever was in its mouth.

"Silvko." I whispered as I kept my eyes on the Buffalo.
"What?" Slivko snapped with a slight crack in his voice from the fear.

From the corner of my eye I watched as james raised his hand up and he placed his hand on the end of the gun and lowered it gently to the ground.

"Put it down." James whispered, I heard a click and instinctively turned around and to my relieve it was just Mason ,who just took a photo.

I looked back at the buffalo like creature, I knew it was harmless. After a few moments it turned around slowly in the water and began walking away and walking deeper into the water. It's heavy stomps filled the air.

Everyone , including myself let out a breathe of relieve. "We need to keep moving" James said as he began walking again.

Everyone groaned but obeyed and began moving their feet. I was still looking at the water where the water buffalo was.
"This just gets stranger and stranger" I whispered to myself and turned and jogged towards the others who have walked quite a far distance.

I jogged up and began walking next to James. It was quite difficult to always keep up with him cause of his long legs.

Damn you tall people and your tall legs

(818)
I know this was a shorter chapter compared to my usual but at the moment I'm over loaded with school work, dancing and other work.

I do hope you enjoy this chapter and if you want to request anything to happen in terms of romance between Conrad and Tyler just comment down . NO Smut.

At the moment it's  late (9:25) and I've got a 80Km school fun walk at 1 am tomorrow, so I tried my best with this update.

Hope you like this chapter and I hope you have an amazing day/Night
Spread the love

~Its_yadisneygirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 124 28
Security or danger? It's a difficult decision to make. Seduction, trust, love, and games. (All Time Low AU) He's my security He's intriguing He makes...
135 3 33
It is said that having enemies means that we fight for something. I don't know if this truth is universal but it describes my story well. Seemingly p...
230K 7K 16
"It's a dangerous, beautiful, sight, this island is" "It's funny. The most dangerous places are always the most beautiful" In 1968, you leave your h...
STRIPE FACE By Grifftree

Mystery / Thriller

304 103 17
*Hey, wake up they are coming!" "That's not right!" "I know! We are all confused but we have to go now!" I get up and tighten my gloves, and run out...