Searching ~ Captain James Con...

By its_yadisneygirl

An animal behaviorist and a tracker have been asked to join in on a 'mapping excursions' to an uncharted isla... More

Searching ~ captain james Conrad
(2) recruiting
(3) Briefing
(4) why
(5) Oh no
(6) aftermath
(7) don't shoot
(8) Hank Marlow
(9) fixer upper
(10) goodbye village
(11) Reunion
(12) Skull Crawlers
(13) Aftermath
(14) Packard gone mad

(1) the mysterious island

4K 60 1
By its_yadisneygirl

3rd person:

"Mark my words There will never be a more screwed up time in Washington. But we can't let it stop us." The determined man said looking out towards the building from the taxi.

Him and his partner left their taxi and began walking up the steps towards the building. The partner carrying a briefcase labeled MONARCH.

Protestors protesting for 'no more war' cover the perimeter of the building.

The two men began walking through the halls, past busy workers as they worked on large computers.

"Maybe now is not the best time to ask" the man holding the briefcase said nervously. His glasses slipping a little as he walked with his friend.

"Monarch is on the cast of being shut down Brooks. We are broke! When this war ends,we will never get approval for our expedition."

"I am not confident in our presentation.I mean all of our material are loose slip.In one day, one day...I could have all this organized." The nervous African American said to his friend , trying to get some time to be fully prepared.

There conversation was cut short when an announcement was made on the television that made the larger man more determined that ever.

"That we today,have concluded an agreement...to end the war and bring peace with honor in Vietnam.all American forces will be withdraw."

"We don't have a day." He concluded as they walked over to the secretary

"Hello there. Bill Randa here to see Senator Willis."

"Of course, Mr. Randa.I left you a message this morning about rescheduling today's appointment. But he should have some thing available in the coming weeks". The receptionist responded but was caught when the door leading to the Senators offices opened and him and another man came out.

" oh God" the man said as he saw the duo he didn't want to see.
".Al, you looking well." The larger man  Rhanda greeted as he gave out his hand for the man to shake

"You didn't get the message, Randa? To reschedule?" The Senator asked but recieved a response right away.

"For the fifth time? I must have missed it ,It'll be quick." The man tried to persuade.
The Senator was in thought but then obliged to their demand and walked back into his office with the two men falling right behind him.

He placed his bag on his desk and began packing while he spoke. The two men then took a seat in the chairs infront of his desk.

"Don't get comfortable. You got five minutes.I'm late for a meeting.What imaginary monster are you hunting this time?" The man said sternly.

The darker skin man placed a photo upon the mans desk , revealing an unknown Island.

Rhand began to explain.
"This is a satellite photo...of an uncharted island in the South Pacific.It has defied discovery until now.Many civilizations spoke of it in legends. Skull Island. The land where God did not finish creation.It is notorious for the...of ships and planes that have gone missing there."

"Like the Bermuda Triangle? Or like that balloon foil hat that I like to wear in the weekends?" The Senator said not taking the men in front of him too seriously.

"it's more like the triangle in the hat...but we like to think it's much more than that." The older gentleman responded seriously.

"The 1954 Castle Bravo nuclear test...Wasn't test.They were trying to kill something.I believe there is an ecosystem out there in the likes of which we can't imagine "

Another photograph was placed upon the mans desk , revealing a naval ship that was headlined 'mysteriously destroyed' with what to be like unusual damage to the hull of the ship.

"And the place to find it is this island.A place where myth and science meet." The guy concluded

"Randa , it's a fairy tale." The man said with little empathy , he then began to walk away from the two. The two quickly scurried out of their seats. One went straight for the man walking away and the other collected all the photos displayed.

They both rushed out of the office after the man , catching the secretary off guard.
"Harry Truman didn't think so when he funded Monarch in 1946." Rhanda tried to persuade the man walking away.

"You know In terms of sheer waste...Monarch ranks right up here in the search for alien life."  The Senator replied.

"Yeah, but those guys are nuts." Rhanda responded with a 'are you serious look' on his face.

The Senator was not impressed and began walking off, causing the two monarch workers to run after him.

"We should have shut you down years ago." The man realized out loud as he carried on walking.

"This is an opportunity for our country." Rhanda complained

"Listen, Senator, Landsat is setting a mission to the Island . We could piggybank on that operation.With your permission, of course." Brooks tried to explain and convince the man.

"What are you hoping to find?" The man asked now curious.

"Resources, medicine,the cure for cancer, geological discoveries.The Possible alternative fuels, Senator...Listen, to be honest...we do not know for sure what's in there. Okay. But I'll tell you what we do know.Tomorrow night, the Russian Novosat passes over this sector.In three days, they are gonna have the same images as we have , So whatever's there...You want us to find it first. Right?" Brooks concluded with a rhetorical question.

"I don't believe I'm saying this...but that almost makes sense." The man said now convinced.

"Thank you." Brooke's said before releasing a huge sigh of relief.

"So I will get the piggyback for you. I will , But listen to me. this is it. It's gotta end. This is it ,You promise me? The last favor? ok?" Senator asked as he tried to make sure he won't be dragged into this again.

Rhanda looked relieved and happy as he nodded to the mans demands. As the Senator was about to walk away to his meeting Rhanda spoke up, the man sighed before turning around to here what Rhanda had to ask.

"Senator? One last thing.I am going to need a military escort"

(1110)
Well that's the first chapter done, I do apologize if it's a bit short but I will try an update as soon as I can.

I also apologized for the lack of updates , I had no power for a few days due to a transformer blowing up. And I was also sick for a bit, experiencing a bit of a heat wave.

I hope you enjoy this story,
If you want more don't forget to vote and comment

Love you x
~its_yadisneygirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.5K 17
" Don't ever think that I would leave your side." | where Captain James Conrad and Dr.Wendy Kai finds themselves holding hands whilst being chased by...
230K 7K 16
"It's a dangerous, beautiful, sight, this island is" "It's funny. The most dangerous places are always the most beautiful" In 1968, you leave your h...
13.5K 432 8
Captain James Conrad remained at his post in Thailand, much to the suspicion of those officers around him. Why had he not gone home? What was he stil...