Fated

By gwensthoughts

❝ I was that girl who hated cliché stories, boy... More

01

8 0 0
By gwensthoughts

Chapter 1 : ❝ Not the cliché type.❞

  ••• 

❝ The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world. ❞ 

- Ashley Rickards

  ••• 

"Have a great first day of school Everlynn!" my mother yelled shamelessly from her car. She had rolled down the driver's seat window allowing her affectionate words to reverberate around the school.

I cringed.

I knew she meant well, but sometimes she could... overdo things. I gave her an awkward wave eager to get her out of the school grounds before anyone of a higher status could spot her blowing air kisses at me through the rolled-down car window.

As if God himself had answered my prayers, mom finally blew one last kiss, waved, rolled up her window, and drove out of the school gates. I breathed out a sigh of relief. It was my first day of senior year and I was already going to get labelled as "the-kid-whose-mom-thinks-she's-a-soap-opera-singer".

I dragged my hand down my face and puffed out a breath I didn't know I was holding. High school, here I come I guess.

 •••

My shoulders slumped as soon as I stepped a foot in through the doors of hell, also known as high school. It was just as I remembered. The signature blue lockers, the brown doors, the same typical high school students.

I loathed it all.

With a groan, I trudged through the sea of chattering students and tried to squeeze my way to the front desk. I was sure that I was going to be bruised left and right by the time I had gotten home later today.

Finally, I reached the front desk. Only a few students that actually cared were there picking up their schedules and locker numbers. One of them was my best friend Annabelle Carter. Her dark red locks were hard to miss making her stand out in the crowd.

I was so happy and relieved to see her that I didn't realize that I was grinning like a fool and students were starting to give me weird stares. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to not scream out in embarrassment.

Instead, I just stalked over to Annabelle and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and almost instantly, she let out an ear piercing squeal of delight and pulled me into a tight embrace. People were giving us dirty stares and to be completely honest, I had gotten so many glares and stares in the mere span of 15 minutes that I had lost count.

Nonetheless, I hugged Annabelle back. We had known each other for the longest time and we were the best of friends. We were more like sisters from different mothers and I treated her and loved her just like how one would love a blood sister.

"Oh my goodness Ever! I've missed you so much!"

I smiled. "I've missed you too Anna! How was your trip to Vegas?"

She pulled away and held my shoulders. She was grinning from ear to ear. "It was amazing! I wished you were there with me, though." I laughed. "Don't be silly. I'm sure your family wanted some bonding time with you since you're always with me."

Annabelle grinned. "True."

"So, how's your summer been?" she asked raising an eyebrow. "I want to know all the deets." I chuckled softly. "It was okay, I guess. I visited my grandparents in Montana and let me tell you, they were so excited to see us just turn up at their doorstep."

"Well, that's adorable." Annabelle said with a smile. "You should probably get your schedule and stuff since the bell is going to ring soon and that's when literally the entire student body is going to congregate here and ask for their stuff."

I nodded. "Yeah, that's probably the smart thing to do."

After reassuring Annabelle that I would be back in a couple of minutes, I turned around and walked the few steps to the front desk to ask for my class schedule and locker number. There were already about 10 or so students standing scattered around the desk but there was one guy in particular who didn't seem to have any students gathering around him.

In fact, no one was going near him. They kept well away from him.

I shrugged and took my place behind Mr Touch-Me-Not. I wasn't sure why the kids in the next row were giving me warning stares but I brushed it off. I really didn't know what the heck was going on but if they had wanted a shorter trip, then they should have just lined up behind this dude over-

Slam.

I fell to the ground followed by a gruff "Fuck!". I pressed two fingers to my temple and squinted up at what had so rudely banged into me. "Watch where you're going loser." a low voice growled sending shivers down my spine.

My breath caught in my throat when I realized that the Luke O' Brian had bumped into me. Obviously this fool could do no wrong. Actually no one in his little "squad" could do any wrong. I just stared at him in a daze. If I hadn't been sitting down, I'm pretty sure I would have fainted already.

The students in the other line just stared at me wide-eyed. One even shook her head in disgust. I scrunched up my nose because I was in fact disgusted at my oblivious behavior. I was just sitting on the dirty school floor staring up at some inconsiderate and self-absorbed cow when he should be the one on the floor apologizing.

It was then that I realized that Luke O' Brian was bending down, his eyebrows knitted together in frustration. Was he going to help me up? Was this a dream? Usually this guy was a complete ass and he never helped anyone except the people in his little clique.

I was wrong. Again.

He bent down to pick up his papers which were strewn across the floor. I sighed and scooted forward to help him pick up his papers. Before my fingers could even touch the paper, someone swatted my hand away. Hard.

I gasped and looked up to see a scowling Luke. "Don't touch my papers." he said through gritted teeth. I narrowed my eyes at the ungrateful fool and clenched my fists at my sides. Getting up, I placed both hands on my hips and glared down at him.

He had an amused look on his face as if an angry Everlynn was something funny. "Now listen here dude." I cringed. What the hell was wrong with me? Luke rolled his eyes and stood up with his papers in his hand. I gulped and continued. "I was just trying to be nice since I let you believe that I was the one at fault here."

He scoffed making me roll my eyes.

"I was trying to help you. If you thought that I was going to snap a picture of your schedule and post it all over school then you are wrong in more ways than one. So, if I were you, I would stop being such a mega asshole and at least pretend that you're grateful that I'm helping you pick up your papers."

I breathed out. That was long. I was so clouded by my own rage that I hadn't realized most of the student body were staring in our direction. We were causing a scene and I didn't like it. So, instead of getting my papers, I turned and dashed out of sight.

I could still feel Luke's gaze burning into the back of my neck. It was only the first day of senior year and I had already had beef with the school's most popular boy. I took a sharp left and entered the girl's bathroom.

  ••• 

Thinking back to the incident with Luke, I cringed and slammed my fists down onto the bathroom sink making a girl jump slightly and ruin her lip gloss. I muttered a quick apology and ducked out of the bathroom just as quickly as I had entered.

I didn't need some girl suing me for ruining her lip gloss.

  •••

I only had about five minutes before the bell so me being the paranoid fool I am, I sprinted all the way to English Lit. My chest heaved heavily as I pushed open the door to the classroom giving my English Lit teacher, Mrs Andrews a small smile.

I was just about to set my bag on the floor when my I spotted Luke and his "squad" in the back of the classroom. "What the actual frick!" I whisper-shouted under my breath. I slid into my seat, a sick look making its way onto my face.

As if knowing that retarded cow wasn't in the same room didn't make me anxious enough, the scraping of chairs against the tile flooring was the indication that this year was going to be one of the most memorable and interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6.8K 49
we young & turnt ho.
4.4M 245K 188
Now available in paperback on Amazon! Though the last chapter is read that doesn't mean the story is over. One shots for A Secret Service including...
934K 82.9K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
719K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!