Worthless the Forgotten One a...

By Amytuckwell

Worthless is back for her third year! What happens this year when Sirius Black is an escapee from Azkaban? Wh... More

Prologue
Blowing up Marge
The Knight Bus
Cornelius Fudge
Sirius Black
Dementors on the train!
Back at Hogwarts
Divination
Buckbeak
Hes been sighted
Thats a Bogart that is
A talk with Remus
The fat lady shes gone
New portrait and substitute for DADA
Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff
I need to know how to fight them
Marauders Map
Sneaking to Hogsmeade
A conversation not meant to be heard
A Patronus Lesson
Sirius in Gryffindor tower
Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!
Trelawney and a Prophecy
An arguement with Pettigrew
Remus into Moony
Time Travelling
End of the Year
Author note: Artical 13 Destruction of Fan Work

Pettigrew on the map!

1.2K 39 0
By Amytuckwell

It was night as I was in my chambers after waking up in my pyjamas. Sirius was with me in his dog form and I was looking at the Marauders Map.

Sirius was looking at the map as he trotted up and he changed back to himself. "What are you looking for?" Sirius asked and I thinned my lips.

"I just feel like something's up." I said and tried to scan the map. Sirius trailed his eyes when he saw the crooked corridors and serpentine passageways of Hogwarts radiate across the parchment, then... a tiny dot catches Sirius's eye. And he had anger within his eyes. It reads: "Peter Pettigrew."

"Pettigrew." Sirius hissed and I narrowed my eyes. We've got you this time.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked and Sirius nodded. It was time to go rat hunting.

When I said that me and Sirius went into Severus's classroom and he looked up to us. "Pettigrews appeared again on the Marauders Map." I said and Severus got up and looked and he glared.

With that me, Severus and Sirius who went in dog form went to find him. As we went along the many dark corridors on the map that was in my hand my wand glowed to bring light to the corridors, as the paintings we passed I heard snore softly.

On the map it showed where me, Sirius and Severus was on the same corridor as Pettigrew and they were drawing closer and Severus saw this. He stopped me and we waited at the end of the corridor and Severus looked to the map that they were about 20 yards away. Ten. Only seconds away.

Wand trembling in my hand, I glance from the map to the dark corridor ahead, again and again. Then... as the two dots are about to collide... I looks slowly up... turns the corner... heart in my chest... and meets...Themselves and we jumped but Sirius was growling.

"Where did he go?" Severus said and looked to the map and he looked very confused and Sirius looks to them and motioned to the floor. "Mutt, you speak no sense." Severus sneered and Sirius glared.

I pointed to the map and Severus looked to see that Pettigrew has moved past them. Confused, Severus wheels and casts his wand along the walls.

"Watch it there, Professor!" A painting said who was an old man scowling and glaring at Severus and me as did the others as Peter Pettigrew went around the corner and Severus cursed. Severus looked to the map and then scowled as he saw Harry Potter.

"Mischief Manage. Nox." I said and Severus was scowling and Sirius and I followed as Severus went somewhere. When we came I sensed someone else and I scowled. Potter. Severus revealed him. "Potter. What are you doing wandering the corridors at night?" Severus asked harshly to the boy who was disobeying curfew he knew Worth was but she was with him.

"I was sleep walking." Potter said and I snorted in disbelief and Potter sent her a vicious glare.

A sneer curdles the corners of Severus's lips. "How extraordinarily like your father you are, Potter. He, too, was exceedingly arrogant. Strutting about the castle." Severus said making points to Potter he has been treating Worth horribly and he wasn't going to stand for it.

"My dad didn't strut. Nor do I. Now if you don't mind, get your bloody wand out of my face." Potter sneered. He was very arrogant to Severus and that was bad because now I sensed Severus was furious.

Severus eyes Potter coldly. Containing himself. Lowers his wand. "Detention Potter and 50 points taken from wondering the corridors at night and 10 for disrespecting a teacher." Severus said and I had to conceal my grin but I knew what was going to happen, Gryffindor will avoid me like the plague for that due to they'll believe Potter. Unbelievable.

"Turn out your pockets." Severus demanded. Potter doesn't move, eyes still boring into Severus. "Turn out your pockets."

Finally, Potter obliges. Seeing the map, Severus's eyes glitter in recognition. I was shocked wondering where he got the map from due to it wasn't his as my ears twitched madly as Sirius growled.

"What's this?" Severus asked but he was in disbelief on where Potter got it from.

"Spare bit of parchment..." Potter said and I rolled my eyes. He is an idiot. Severus knows about the map since me and Sirius let him in on it. He was fascinated by the object and always asked if he could lend it to catch people at night...me and Sirius agreed but...only if he doesn't get me or my friends caught. He agreed...reluctantly if I didn't get caught by anyone else.

"Really... (poising his wand) Reveal your secret!" Severus said and I shook my head knowing it'll be a Marauder insult and Sirius was snickering and Severus shot both of them a look to be quiet.

To Potters horror, words begin to appear. Severus studies him, a sadistic half-smile on his lips. Turns the map his way. "Ms Worthless, read it." Severus said and my eyes widened and then I took the map swiftly earning a glare from Potter.

"I would advise against this." I tried to warn. He wouldn't like the insult.

"Read it." Severus said and I sighed. I traced my fingers over the dots that were there to read it.

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail (in a sneer and a growl from Sirius), Padfoot and Titanium offer their compliments to Professor Snape and..." I said and glared to Sirius who was snickering.

"Go on." Severus said and I looked apologetic but I had a hard time hiding the grin.

"And request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business." I said trying to contain my laughter but Potter didn't as he laughed and Sirius was rolling on the floor in doggy laughter.

"Why you insolent little -" Severus started to say and his smile had dropped.

"Snape/ Professor?" A voice came and it showed Remus and Moody behind Severus.

Severus, I, Potter and Sirius turned to them. What were they doing here this late?!

"Well, well. Lupin and Moody. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?" Severus said and I shot him a very vicious look to shut up about Remus's condition.

"Worth, are you all right?" Moody asked gruffly and I nodded and Remus smiled in relief.

"That remains to be seen. I've just now confiscated a rather curious artifact from Mr. Potter. Take a look, Lupin and Moody. This is supposed to be your twos area of expertise." Severus said and Sirius glared to Severus. Why hand the map over to the two?

Remus takes the parchment as Moody eyes it, which now displays a rather unflattering caricature of Severus and a pair of potions.

"Clearly, it's full of Dark Magic." Severus said and I held my grin back. I was finding this amusing since Severus is a very good actor.

"I seriously doubt that, Severus. It looks to me as if it merely insults anyone who tries to read it. I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall pursue any hidden qualities it may possess. As you say, it's my area of expertise. Come, Worth." Remus said and I sighed and Moody eyed her.

"I'll escort Mr Potter back to Gryffindor Tower." Moody said gruffly and Potter didn't look happy.

I with Sirius walks aside a fuming Remus, who grips the map fiercely. Why was he so angry? It wasn't like I was alone I was with Severus!

"Come in. Now. I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in your possession again, Worth, but I am astounded that you didn't turn it in. Did you ever stop to think that this - in the hands of Sirius Black is a map to you?" Remus said and I looked to him with anger. He knew I'd trust Sirius with my life! Why did he think that Sirius would kill me?!

"Remus I'd trust Sirius with my life!" I snapped. "Just because you've given up on your friend doesn't mean that I have." I said and Remus looked taken a back at her snapping at him though he shook it off and he looked to her angrily.

"I may have never set much store by the rules either. But somehow you survived that night and someone gave their love to you to survive that night. Gambling that persons sacrifice by walking about the castle unprotected, with a killer on the loose, strikes me as a poor way to repay them." Remus said to I and Sirius looked shocked. That was like a blow in the stomach at his harsh words. I didn't ask for anyone to save me. I also knew that Sirius wasn't going to kill me! I wasn't alone! I wasn't gambling anyone's sacrifice!

"Sometimes I wish no one did." I said and this made Remus shocked and Sirius looking at her. "And for your information Peter Pettigrew turned up on that map and you know for a fact the map never lies. And apparently he should have been dead. Yeah, right." I said to that one.

I glared to Remus and walk out and Remus couldn't stop her as I ran to my chambers and laid on the bed as Sirius turned back and held her as she shook. Sirius didn't know what he could of said to make her better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
219K 11.7K 132
#1 Hermionegranger (22/5/22) #1 Hermionexmalereader (20/5/22) #1 PennyHaywood (21/11/23) The third year of Y/N's time at Hogwarts and he is finally i...
1.6K 22 26
Anne and her friends return for their third year at Hogwarts. However, they are being terrorized by the threat of escaped prisoner Sirius Black, whom...
44.3K 1K 15
A wizard has spent 12 years in a wizarding Prison called Azkaban. For a crime that he did not commit. That wizard is Sirius Black. He learns that Sna...