Worthless the Forgotten One a...

By Amytuckwell

Worthless is back for her third year! What happens this year when Sirius Black is an escapee from Azkaban? Wh... More

Prologue
Blowing up Marge
The Knight Bus
Cornelius Fudge
Sirius Black
Dementors on the train!
Back at Hogwarts
Divination
Buckbeak
Hes been sighted
Thats a Bogart that is
A talk with Remus
The fat lady shes gone
New portrait and substitute for DADA
Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff
I need to know how to fight them
Marauders Map
Sneaking to Hogsmeade
A conversation not meant to be heard
A Patronus Lesson
Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!
Pettigrew on the map!
Trelawney and a Prophecy
An arguement with Pettigrew
Remus into Moony
Time Travelling
End of the Year
Author note: Artical 13 Destruction of Fan Work

Sirius in Gryffindor tower

1.4K 45 6
By Amytuckwell

It was February now and me with Remus have our lessons every week but right now I was in the Gryffindor girls chambers where Hermione was asleep but I was trying to study a photo of my friends but I couldn't see but I always thought about it. About what my friends looked like, what everything looked like. Next to me was a lit candle and I felt the flame die and heard it with a hiss as I was in darkness in the room as well.

......

Elsewhere a windowpane rattles, up high, the corridor thatched in shadow. Slowly... camera begins to move. Creeping forward. A shadow engulfs Sir Cadogan, dozing against his tree...

A whistle shrieks. The Sneakoscope, whirling madly, skitters across the bedside cabinet and - CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! - taps against a water glass, sending shafts of red light pinwheeling over the photo of Worthless's friends...

I heard this and bolt up immediately knowing something was wrong and I felt someone there and I looked but heard him. "I saw you come in here!" Sirius! I went wide eyed as I turned to him and I looked around wondering who he was speaking to. Why was he here? I could also sense he was carrying a sharp object which I knew was a knife, he was stupid!

I knew what to do and I scream loudly and that woke everyone in the room up and the girls jumped out of their beds screaming. While chaos was erupting I grab my wand.

"Everybody out!" I demanded and the others flee as I looked to Sirius. "Are you mental?! What are you doing here?" I hissed. He was crazy he was insane he was going to get me caught as well as himself!

"He's here. He came in here." Sirius said and I paled knowing what and who he meant and I grabbed my wand and poised it looking around.

"Show yourself you little bastard." I hissed as me and Sirius looked around for some movement to indicate where the rat was.

Crash! The water glass shatters on the floor and Scabbers darts past my bare feet, chased by Crookshanks. I and Sirius shot our spells but missed either Scabbers and Crookshanks and I felt furious just like Sirius did. We let him escape!

"Sirius, Animagus." I hissed and Sirius understood why and he suddenly transforms into his dog form and I opened the window having a crazy idea, and I shatter it and Sirius nodded. He knew what she was getting at since how was he supposed to of gotten out of the room? They would instantly look at him in the dog form.

I then smirked. "YEAH YOU BETTER RUN BLACK! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN WALKING!" I shouted and Sirius looked to her with a glint, and he growled and barked out of the window.

"WHAT?!" Minerva shouted and I turned her. Minerva was dressed in tartan robe, wide eyed wielding her wand when she came in. "Get down stairs, now." Minerva said and I nodded to McGonagall and walked down the stairs and Hermione grabbed my hand.

"Is Siri....?" Hermione whispered and I nodded and Sirius was next to me.

Mcgonagall came down after me and I knew she radiated with irritation as everyone was down in the common room. I was peeved as well that me and Sirius let that rat get away as Neville and Hermione stood by my side and Fred and George were next to us.

"That's preposterous, Worthless. How could Sirius Black possibly have got through the portrait hole?" McGonagall asked me. Dear Merlin why doesn't anyone ever believe me? Am I just worthless like my name?

"I don't know how he got in! I was just trying not to be on the other end of his knife!" I said and Hermione and Neville sent her glances.

"You were dreaming!" Minerva said to her and I looked towards McGonagall. I wasn't bloody dreaming when Sirius is right bloody next to me in dog form.

"Explain the broken window!" Hermione pointed out and twitches came to my face but I stopped the smirk appearing. Hermione was definitely helping with my cover story.

"Silence!" Minerva said to them. "Percy, have you seen Sir Cadogan?" Minerva asked and Percy looked around and then looks to the portrait.

"Oh, he's there, Professor." Percy pointed and Minerva went to the portrait

"Sir Cadogan. Sir Cadogan." Minerva said as Cadogan handed flowers to a trait of a woman.

"How can I serve you, ma'am?" Sir Cadogan asked.

"Is it possible that you let a mysterious man enter Gryffindor Tower tonight?" Minerva asked as he walked to the end portrait.

"Certainly, good lady! He had the password. Had the whole week's, in fact. On a little piece of paper." Sir Cadogan said as he knocked a woman out the window.

"Which abysmally foolish person wrote down the passwords and then proceeded to lose them!" Minerva said and everyone shifted to Neville as Potter, Finnigan and Weasley sneered.

I sensed everyone looking at Neville and I didn't want him to get into trouble. Not from this. "Professor, I unfortunately lost the list of the passwords. I wrote them down due to Sir Cadogan kept changing them all the time and I lost track easily." I said and Neville looked shocked and so did Hermione with the other Gryffindor. Harry glared to Worthless.

Minerva sighed as she looked to the girl. "Is it always going to be you, Worthless?" Minerva asked and I looked and sighed.

"Afraid so ma'am. I'm a bit worthless with passwords." I said and I felt the stern looks off Hermione, Neville, Sirius, Fred and George.

"While we know Sirius Black is gone tonight, I think you can safely assume he will, at some future time, attempt to return. Now I speak for the entire staff when I say, we take every precaution to ensure your safety it is entombment upon yourselves to act responsibly. Understood? And let me also be clear that you are not to move about the castle alone. And you are not to write down passwords!" Minerva looked to Worthless. "Understood!"

I nodded my head with the others and I knew McGonagall exited up the stairs and I sighed and Neville squeezed her hand. "Thanks." Neville whispered and I nodded.

I then felt McGonagall come back down. "Very well then. I fixed the window in your room ladies. Prefects take turns doing rounds. Everyone, go to bed. Worthless, come with me." Minerva said and I sighed. Why did she want me to go with her? What have I done now? I followed whilst trudging knowing I won't get out of this and Sirius follows by her side. Protecting her from that rat.

"And your bloody cat ate my rat, Granger!" Ron said accusingly.

"He did not!" Hermione argued back.

"He did and you bloody well know it." Ron said and then walked with Seamus and Harry.

...............

As I walked with McGonagall we came to her chambers I believe and I was led in and motioned to the sofa I believe as I sat down and Minerva went to make her a tea to calm the girl down. Sirius laid at my feet and soon McGonagall handed me tea in which I only stared at, as my mind was wondering about that rat being gone again.

Minerva though watched the girl as she didn't take her tea and she worried for Worthless sometimes. We sat there until the door slammed open and I jumped slightly to look up and I sensed Dumbledore, Remus and Moody was there with the scents I smelled.

"What happened?" Moody asked gruffly concerned on what had happened in the Gryffindors Tower.

"Sirius Black entered Gryffindor Tower tonight." Minerva said and I sighed. Why did I have to be here?

"Do we know how he entered?" Albus asked and I shot Sirius a look with that. How did he get the passwords exactly?

Minerva nods and looked to Worthless who was looking down. "A student wrote down the passwords. Black got his hands on the parchment and Sir Cadogan let him in." Minerva said and I was shocked. McGonagall didn't mention about it being me? Why? I would have gotten a punishment.

Remus looked to Worth in concern who looked shaken up from the experience. "No one is hurt, correct?" Remus asked.

Minerva sighed. "No. Black entered the third year girls dormitory. Worthless woke up..." Minerva started to say.

"No I was already awake." I said and the Professors looked shocked.

"Why don't you tell us exactly what happened?" Minerva asked and Sirius looked to her and I sighed as all eyes landed on me. I had to make it up due to me being blind I can't let that out but Remus knew.

I take a deep breathe. Here it goes. "Well, I was lying awake when I saw a someone reflection on the window. I couldn't tell who it was but then I heard a voice...He sounded...Angry. Ready to kill." I explained.

"What did he say?" Albus asked and Moody looked to her with a slight narrow eye. He knew she wasn't telling the whole truth but what was she not telling them?

"'I saw you come in here.' If he really isn't after me then why did he come after me? Does that mean he's spying on me?" I asked and Sirius looked to her with slight shock in the eyes.

Minerva puts a hand on the girls shoulder who was worried. "Whatever...I screamed when I saw a knife to wake the girls up and told them to leave. I grabbed my wand but he ran to the window and broke it...I expected him to fall to the ground...but he jumped from ledge to ledge. That's when I finally saw his face...Then he ran off, towards the forest. Then you arrived." I explained hoping it was believable to them.

"Yes, Ms. Granger came to my rooms in a panic. When I arrived I heard you threatening to murder him." Minerva said and I look back down at my untouched tea.

"What precautions did you take, Minerva?" Albus asked her.

"Mr. Weasley and the other prefects are taking turns on watch duty for the night and I removed Worth as she seemed to be the intended victim." Minerva said and I flinched due to that because I'm not a victim! I will never ever be a victim again! Sirius also wouldn't kill me or hurt me it was that rat. Sirius was as well angry that they believe that he would hurt Worth. The people that...he sighed.

"I will have the Dementors search the grounds again and we will search the school but I highly doubt he stuck around." Albus said to that and he was worried about Worthless but he couldn't understand why Sirius would go for her instead of Harry? To him something didn't feel right about this.

Dumbledore, Moody and Remus exited with one last look at me.

"Sh-should I head back to the tower?" I asked and Minerva shakes her head. Minerva wasn't risk sending the girl back there tonight on her own and with the other girls asleep. She stands and crosses the room and opens a cupboard. She pulls out a spare pillow and blanket. Minerva walked back to Worthless and hands her both items.

"I think it would be best if you spent the rest of the night here." Minerva's said and I went pale and nervous. What would happen if I wake up from my nightmares? I won't be able to hide them here!

As I laid down on the sofa Minerva laid the quilt over her and kissed the girls head who looked shocked. "Goodnight, Worthless." Minerva said to the girl.

"Goodnight, professor." I said to her quietly and I wondered why she was being so nice? But as I laid there with Sirius asleep at the end of me I was in my comforting darkness but soon I entered my nightmares. That's where my terror always were.

"No! Please!" I said as I whimper.

"You deserve what you get you useless brat." James voice came

"Please, please." I pleaded as I whimpered begging him not to give me my usual torture.

"CRUCIO!" James voice came.

I shot up screaming and Minerva heard this and ran into the room with her wand ready looking for any sign of danger. She then looked to Worthless to see a tear streaming down her cheek. 

"I-I'm sorry." I said and Sirius looked terrified as he was looking around the room until he looked to Worth. What was she dreaming about? Sirius didn't know but it scared him that she screamed like that.

Minerva lowered her wand and she sits beside the girl on the couch and I flinched away from her touch. Minerva was concerned for the girl who must have been really affected by the nightmare that she had as Minerva pulled the girl into a hug and she saw the instant effect of the tenseness and she felt how skinny the girl was and she frowned. I was tense thinking she was going to hurt me but when she didn't I relaxed and I felt the tears come as she hugged me, rubbing my back.

"It's okay. It's okay." Minerva whispered to the girl as she cried and she had never seen Worthless like this. She never has she's only seen her tough with apparently bullying the students. She held Worthless and soon she felt even breathes and she pulled back to see the girl asleep and she smiled lightly and placed the girl down on the sofa and stroked her hair from her face. The girl she knew always had a soft spot in her heart. Minerva covered her up and kissed her head. "Goodnight Worthless." Minerva whispered and Sirius saw this as Minerva left and Sirius wondered how much she cared for Worth really? Sirius didn't know but he hoped that Worth would get away from the Dursleys. He though curled up next to Worth and he wouldn't let anyone harm her here and especially that rat.

........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 445 14
Her third year at Hogwarts didn't start well for (Y/N) Hydra. A mass murderer broke out of Azkaban to come after her and one of her friends. She ran...
45.5K 1.1K 32
Its Worthless's fourth year at Hogwarts and this year there will be new challenges to face as the Tri Wizard Tournament comes to Hogwarts? But will W...
10K 343 42
Seraphine is back at Hogwarts for her 3rd year, but with a mysterious murderer after Harry, and being predicted to die, again, what will happen? Join...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...