Worthless the Forgotten One a...

Od Amytuckwell

Worthless is back for her third year! What happens this year when Sirius Black is an escapee from Azkaban? Wh... Více

Prologue
Blowing up Marge
The Knight Bus
Cornelius Fudge
Sirius Black
Dementors on the train!
Back at Hogwarts
Divination
Hes been sighted
Thats a Bogart that is
A talk with Remus
The fat lady shes gone
New portrait and substitute for DADA
Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff
I need to know how to fight them
Marauders Map
Sneaking to Hogsmeade
A conversation not meant to be heard
A Patronus Lesson
Sirius in Gryffindor tower
Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!
Pettigrew on the map!
Trelawney and a Prophecy
An arguement with Pettigrew
Remus into Moony
Time Travelling
End of the Year
Author note: Artical 13 Destruction of Fan Work

Buckbeak

1.8K 51 13
Od Amytuckwell

After the lesson we had Care of Magical creatures and that cheered me up due to I wanted to see what Hagrid has us today. He always brings creatures even if it was dangerous. Me, Neville, Draco and Hermione were walking towards the hut.

"You don't think the Grim things got anything to do with Sirius, do you?" Neville asked and Moody was walking down behind us.

"Oh, honestly, Neville. If you ask me, Divinations a very woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject." Hermione said and I grinned and Hermione grinned to her.

"I've got to agree with that one." I informed with a smile.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Draco asked Worth and Hermione who walked together.

"A fair few." Hermione said to him. She couldn't just blab that her and Worth have a time turner each.

"I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, Divinations and Ancient Runes." I said shrugging I didn't take Muggle Studies due to I was muggle raised.

"Hang on. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once." Neville asked and then looked to Worthless and Hermione who shared a quick look.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once? (mimicking Trelawney) Broaden your minds..." I said and Hermione chuckled as Draco and Neville grinned as Moody chuckled and I turned and smirked. "Decided to join for Care of Magical Creatures?" I asked him as I could smell his scent.

"Indeed. Might as well keep an eye on you four since you draw trouble." Moody said and the four looked to him with looks.

"Or do you just want to study me to beat me?" I asked and Moody rolled his eyes.

"Your getting cocky." Moody muttered and I chuckled. Okay I loved teasing him slightly.

"You know I'd never tease you, Moody." I said and Moody chuckled.

Students gather around Hagrid as I, Draco, Neville, Moody and Hermione arrive. Potter, Weasley, and Finnigan stand with their friends.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me." Hagrid informed all the students.

I though take my shoes off and place them in my bag so I can see but not normally I can see through my feet, I feel the earth. As we walked we went over stone bricks and I smiled as I followed close to Hagrid and Moody was by my side. He's protective I can gather that about him.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49." Hagrid said and I got my book and looked confused biting my lip. How do I do this exactly without seeing?

"Exactly how do we do that?" Potter asked with annoyance.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me." Hagrid said turning to them and I sighed with relief and went lightly over the book and got to the edge of the book and then carefully stroked the spine and the book opened with a purr.

"Your not that bad, are you." I whispered and the book purred at the strokes I was giving it.

I though heard Neville as Neville stroked the spine and then the book attacked him and I ran to his direction to help him and I whispered to the book as Neville had shredded robes and the book calmed down as I stroked the books spine and Draco helped Neville up.

"Don't be such a whimp Longbottom." Potter sneered as the trio walked by them.

"Shove off Potter." Draco said to him and glared as he helped Neville.

"Thanks for that." Neville said and I smiled and handed it over. Very misunderstood books. If you knew how to treat them then they won't be vicious.

"Don't worry. It gets used to if you don't know how to handle creatures right." I said and Neville smiled and then we joined the group but Moody was watching with a slight smile. He knew she was a good person.

"I think their funny." Hermione informed and I, Draco and Neville looked to her.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny." Weasley said and Hermione clenched her jaw and I was debating whether to punch him or not.

"Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs." Finnigan said to that one and I was going to go for him when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and I knew it was Moody. He was telling me not to go after them but it was close to not listening to him.

"Tell me about it. Why that old fool Dumbledore got this oaf teaching classes, I'll have no idea." Potter sneered and I was angry at what he just called Hagrid the spoiled evil git. How he made Gryffindor I will not understand. He doesn't have those traits.

I stepped up to them. "Shut up, you stupid prat." I said strongly. No one gets away with calling my friend an Oaf or calling Dumbledore an old fool.

I heard Potter, Finnigan and Weasley chuckling and I wanted to as I approached and Moody wanted to stop this. I heard Potter stepping up to me and I had my fist clenched waiting if he started. I then heard him stepping back. Potter had wide eyed with fear as he points.

"Dementor! Dementor!" Potter said staggering back.

I spun around quickly just like the others did and I was pale with fear but there was nothing there as Moody had his wand drawn and Moody was angry with that. I was furious and embarrassed as I turned to them and Potter, Finnigan, Weasley and Thomas has their hoods up with their hands outstretched. "OOOOOH!" As they break up laughing.

I looked to my friends. "Anyone don't mind a detention?" I asked and Neville, Draco and Hermione glared at the four.

"No." Hermione, Draco and Neville said to me and we approached the four I've had enough you shouldn't joke about Dementors.

I approached and punched Potter swiftly followed by Finnigan getting punched by Draco, Hermione punching Weasley and I knew Neville had Dean Thomas and they all collapsed onto the ground groaning and blood was on their faces and I shook my fist from the pain of that hard punch I just delivered. I was going to be in trouble but I didn't care.

Moody approached Worthless and he dragged her away before she did anything else as the boys groaned in pain. A voice cleared and everyone looked to Hagrid. "Dadada! Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid said and everyone saw a strange beast in the paddock they were in. It has the torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse, but the front legs, wings and head of a giant eagle. Hagrid chucked a dead ferret to the beast in which it ate. "Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Draco asked as he looked to the creature.

"It's a Hippogriff, Worth." Hermione whispered to me and that got me curious. I've heard them in the forest but I've never actually got the chance to meet one yet.

"That, Draco, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know is they're very proud creatures. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it migh' be the las' thing yeh do. Right then - who wants ter come an' say hello?" Hagrid said as he turned towards Buckbeak all the class steps back.

I was confused not knowing I wasn't stepped back.

"Well done, Worth!" Hagrid said and I looked confused as I looked to the back with my ears twitching. Why was he telling me well done? What have I done?

"I'll do it if Moody does." I said and Moody shot her a look. I smirked, he wasn't getting out of this if I have to do it. I looked to Moody and I could sense he was shaking his head no. I though came and grabbed his hand and pulled him along. "If I have to, you have to. You wanted to come along so your going to experience it." I said and Moody sighed and grunted.

"Your mental." Moody said and I chuckled. Yes I'm mental but that's not always a bad thing.

"Maybe a little." I said and approached Hagrid and Moody was there reluctantly.

"Now, you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So step up. Give him a nice bow." Hagrid informed us both. "Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not-Well, we'll get to that later. Make your bows."

I nodded in understanding and Moody sighed as he placed his staff aside and he steps besides Worthless and I bow and Moody did the same with her. "Nice and low." Hagrid said and I looked towards the direction of the Hippogriff that I can sense and Moody looked to the hippogriff.

Buckbeak eagle eyed Worthless and Moody cannily when he squawked. "Back off, Worth and Moody. Back off!" Hagrid warned but as I was backing up I stepped on a twig and I winced at the pain from being barefooted. Not the best idea is to step on a twig. Moody stayed by her side. "Keep still. Keep still." Hagrid instructed as I eyed Buckbeak. Then suddenly Buckbeak bowed to the two of them. Hagrid sighed in relief with Moody.

"Well done, Worth and Moody. Well done. Here, you big brute, you." Hagrid said and chucked Buckbeak a dead ferret that it ate.

"Right. I think you can go and pat him now." Hagrid said and I looked him unsurely with shock. Would Buckbeak allow us to even touch him without hurting us? Moody looked debatable. "Go on. Don't be shy." Hagrid said to them.

I sighed there was no getting out of this with Hagrid as I then steadily and cautiously approached the hippogriff Buckbeak, with Moody close beside me.

Potter, Finnigan and Weasley push in the middle of the students watching with Dean.

"Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow." Hagrid instructed and I held out my hand and steadily went. I was nervous inside telling the truth because I didn't know how Buckbeak would react to this. "Not so fast, Worth." Hagrid said to her as Buckbeak gave a warning to bite my hand and I pulled back slightly. Hermione grabbed Draco's hand in fear of Worth and when they realised what they did they take their hands from each other's, and Neville smirked. "Slow down, Worth. That's it...Nice and slow. Now let him come to the both of you." Hagrid said to I and Moody.

I stopped calmly as Buckbeak approaches to me. "Slowly, now, slowly, slowly." Hagrid said softly and Moody watched Worthless. "That's it..." Hagrid said as Buckbeak got closer to my hand when I suddenly felt something butt my hand and I smiled brightly as I realised it was Buckbeak and I stroked him carefully who came closer to me nuzzling making me chuckle from the tickling his feathers, he was doing. He wasn't harmful if you know how to respect him.

"Yes!" Hagrid said clapping with a beaming smile. "Well done, Worth and Moody, well done!" Hagrid said applauding with the other students all except Potter, Finnigan, Weasley and Dean.

"Do they get to fly?" I heard someone ask and I paled.

Moody paled and looked to the beast and I grinned to him and Moody shook his head. "Your not getting me on him." Moody said gruffly.

"Come on." I said and smirked and Moody looked to her. She wasn't going to quit until he does. There was no way of getting out of it with her.

"I think he may let you ride him now." Hagrid said approaching the two.

"Come on." Hagrid said and picked me up and then placed me on Buckbeak. I was hesitant as I held slightly on as Buckbeak squawked when I was placed on. This felt weird but calming and soft.

"We'll put you over here, just behind the Wing joint." Hagrid said to me.

And Buckbeak then got down for Moody. I looked to him with big eyes to try and persuade Moody on and Moody grunted.

"Why do I do this?" Moody said gruffly and then he got on behind me. I tensed at the closeness of us.

"Moody you hold onto Worth and Worth, you hold onto Buckbeak. But don't pull out any of his feathers, because he won't thank you for that." Hagrid said and then Hagrid slaps Buckbeaks hindquarters.

Buckbeak suddenly rears up as I suddenly grab onto his neck and Moody wrapped his arms around Worthless for security and Buckbeak was off galloping in the Paddock, and I held on as giant wings unfold, huge and powerful and...WHOOSH! We were soaring into the air. Rising higher and higher. 

As we got into the air on Buckbeak I gradually loosen my grip around Buckbeaks neck. I sat up and felt the wind blowing through my hair and I smiled at the feeling of the breeze. Moody looked to her and smiled. Buckbeak was above the trees and they sailed over Hogwarts. They came to the hills and then went flying over the lake and I looked below I bet it would have been a beautiful sight if I could see and I sighed with sadness and Moody frowned seeing this, looking confused but Buckbeak glides across the lake and sprays water at me and I chuckled feeling the fresh water splash onto me. I think he could sense some of my sadness as I had an idea as I release my grip on Buckbeak and held my arms out wide to my side, with a bright smile it felt like I was flying. Moody watched.

"Ha. WOOOOOH! WOOOOH!" I shouted as I had a bright smile and Moody chucked and then I leaned forward holding on and Buckbeak flies up, and it showed Hagrid watching as they went back to the paddock area and Hagrid whistles then, and Buckbeak wheels and then he landed as I held on and I was tense when Moody was holding me but soon relaxed.

Students cheered as Buckbeak lowers himself and Moody got off and helped me down and I smiled. "Well done, Worth and Moody, and well done, Buckbeak." Hagrid said to us and I smiled to him that was what I loved to do it made me forget my problems.

"That was wicked, Worthless!"

The only ones not clapping was Potter, who narrows his eyes maliciously.

"Good work, Worth and Moody! (under his breath) How'm I doin' me firs' day?" Hagrid asked and I grinned brightly and Moody chuckled. He didn't even have to ask my opinion because that was brilliant.

"Brilliant...Professor." I said grinning and I knew Hagrid was smiling brightly. He really was the person for this job he knew his creatures.

Potter pushed two students aside. "If Blind Worthless can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" I heard Potter saying to Buckbeak and I heard him coming towards Buckbeak and I turned.

"Potter, no..." Hagrid said to him.

When I knew Potter was going to be attacked as Buckbeak reared up I pushed Potter down to the ground when I suddenly felt the claws rip into my back as Buckbeak strikes down and I felt the blood seep but most of all the pain I felt as I had my eyes closed tightly, to not let the tears drop down my cheeks.

My knees buckled from the pain and the force of the blow and I kept my eyes shut when I suddenly felt Buckbesk butting me gently and I knew he felt guilty for what he did and I opened my eyes and I felt the tears within them being held back and I had pain radiating from me as I stroked Buckbeak.

"It's killing me! It's killing me!" I heard Potter saying and please, he didn't get attacked he only got pushed to the ground. Potter though was holding his ankle in pain.

"Calm yourself!" Hagrid said to Potter and then he looked to Worthless who was stroking Buckbeak as her back bled.

Hermione came forth. "Worth, you need to go to the Hospital." Hermione said but I got up and winced from the pain of doing so. I didn't need to go to the hospital wing because I knew Buckbeak would get into trouble and he wasn't dangerous, Potter insulted him.

"Hermione, I'm fine." I said and Hagrid looked unsure. "Hagrid, I'm fine. It's just a scratch. Nothing to worry about."

"You're gonna regret this." Potter called out. I wanted to punch him. I really did.

"Class dismissed." Hagrid said and I gave Buckbeak a ferret as Hagrid then picked Potter up as he whined.

"You and your bloody chicken." Potter said to that.

I stood there and Buckbeak nudged me and I smiled. "I'm fine." I whispered. Buckbeak looked guilty at the blood. "Fawkes." I said and Fawkes came and swooped down. "Buckbeak, meet Fawkes...the bunch of feathers that can annoy me, protect me and that I can love." I said and Buckbeak looked to Fawkes and Fawkes looked to Buckbeak. "I have a feeling though that Potters going to say something about this." I whispered and Buckbeak nudged me and I hugged him. "I have to go Buckbeak, but I promise to come and visit." I told him calmly and with that I walked with Fawkes on my shoulder.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

120K 4K 26
Miranda and her friends are returning to Hogwarts for another year - but this one will be a year like no other. There is a mad escaped prisoner on th...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
20.2K 381 8
Y/N and Harry are going back to Hogwarts for their thrid year what happens when they encounter Sirius Black and travels back in time to change someth...
159K 7.3K 35
In y/n l/n's third year at Hogwarts, her relationships and connections to those around her will be tested. With tensions growing since the escape of...