Worthless the Forgotten One a...

By Amytuckwell

Worthless is back for her third year! What happens this year when Sirius Black is an escapee from Azkaban? Wh... More

Prologue
Blowing up Marge
The Knight Bus
Cornelius Fudge
Sirius Black
Back at Hogwarts
Divination
Buckbeak
Hes been sighted
Thats a Bogart that is
A talk with Remus
The fat lady shes gone
New portrait and substitute for DADA
Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff
I need to know how to fight them
Marauders Map
Sneaking to Hogsmeade
A conversation not meant to be heard
A Patronus Lesson
Sirius in Gryffindor tower
Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!
Pettigrew on the map!
Trelawney and a Prophecy
An arguement with Pettigrew
Remus into Moony
Time Travelling
End of the Year
Author note: Artical 13 Destruction of Fan Work

Dementors on the train!

2.1K 51 10
By Amytuckwell

Soon when it got to the time to leave we went to the train station where me and my friends got onto the train as the Express bleats it's horn. Parents hurry their children onboard, younger siblings wave goodbye, Ms Weasley dashes to the window with Scabbers.

"Ron!" Molly shouted. Molly hands Scabbers through the open window to him. "Don't lose him!"

Me, Draco, Neville and Hermione after waving goodbye to everyone walked down the aisle of the train looking for a compartment to go in for the lot of us. But none were empty so far and I was also telling them of what I did to Marge.

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just... (troubled by the memory) ... lost control." I said groaning. I was going to get it during the summer holidays.

"Brilliant!" Neville and Draco said together.

"Honestly, you two, it's not funny. Worth's lucky she wasn't expelled." Hermione informed. I knew I was lucky enough not to be arrested.

"We still think it was brilliant!" Neville and Draco said to that one with smiles.

"I think I was lucky enough not to get arrested actually." I said to that one because I was very lucky I didn't. Thank you Sirius for being out of prison to get me off the hook.

"Come on. Everywhere else is full." Hermione informed and I sighed and then my ears twitch. I heard two familiar persons and their scents and one was overwhelming. He smelt like fire whisky, nature and cologne it was comforting to me.

"MOODY!" I shouted and hugged Moody who chuckled gruffly.

I grinned and Moody shook his head with amusement. "Yes, the Minister wanted an Auror at Hogwarts for precaution." Moody said and I raised an eyebrow. He was there because of Sirius, who would have guessed?

"Or did you just come due to I bet your butt and you want payback." I said to him knowing of second year where I bet him in a duel.

Moody grunted and rolled his eyes but looked to Worthless. "That might have slightly to do with it." Moody said gruffly and I snorted. Then I smelt the other scent from the other person and I lean to grin. "Moony!" I said to that. Moody watched amused to the girl who beat him in a duel but he was determined to even that score.

I though looked to my friends. "Moody, I'd like you to meet Draco Malfoy, Neville Longbottom and Hermione Granger my best friends." I informed and Moody looked to them and nodded and Hermione, Draco and Neville sat down.

"Who do you think that is?" Draco asked looking at the man by the window in his blanket.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione informed him and I smirked.

"Remus John Lupin." I informed to that one giving his full name and I was ecstatic that I get to spend it with Severus, Remus and Moody! All in once place! This is going to be a good or bad year.

"You know everything. How is it they know everything?" Draco asked Neville and I rolled my eyes.

"It's on his case." Hermione informed.

"And I've known him since I was born." I said sitting next to Moody. "And look." I said pointing to the suitcase a stamped in peeling letters on a battered case is "Professor R.J. Lupin."

"Is he really asleep?" I asked and Neville snuck a look. I needed to tell them something about Sirius.

"Seems to be. Why?" Neville said to her.

"I've got to inform you of something." I said and closed the door as Moody looked curiously wondering what she wanted to say.

..........

Later on as I told them about what I've heard about Sirius as rain was pouring outside with storm clouds as the Express heads to Hogwarts.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius apparently escaped Azkaban to come after you?" Draco asked with a bit of humour. I knew he thought it was ridiculous like I did but I knew if he was coming for me he would be helping me get free of the Dursleys not to harm me. "Unbelievable." Draco said shaking his head. He knew Sirius wouldn't harm her.

"You think I didn't think of that when Severus informed me? All I wanted to do was laugh at the impossibility." I said and Moody was observing the group. He knew it was an odd group of friends with a Malfoy, Longbottom and also a Muggleborn and Worth. Slytherin and Gryffindors but he also wondered why they didn't fear Black being on the loose.

"They won't catch Sirius, will they?" Neville asked concerned he didn't want him caught due to he could help Worth. He knew that Worth didn't want the man caught.

"No one has ever broke out of Azkaban before, Mr Longbottom." Moody informed and the group looked to him.

Just then, the compartment rattles. Lanterns flicker. The train lurched, begins to stop. Hermione slides down the seat, pinning Draco against the window. Draco and Hermione exchange an awkward glance as Hermione slides to the other end of the seat and glances at her watch and frowned. They shouldn't be there yet. Neville looked pale as I was sat there with being next to Moody who was next to Remus Lupin.

"Why're we stopping? We can't be there yet..." Hermione said and I furrowed my eyebrows. If we're not there yet then why have we stopped? A magical train shouldn't stop or break down.

"We shouldn't be there yet." Moody said gruffly as he sat there.

I sighed and rose and then slide the door open and peers into the corridor. In the corridor along the carriage, heads looked out curiously. Then the train jerks and it sent me back into something soft and hard at the same time and Moody looked to Worthless.

"What am I sat on?" I asked and Moody cleared his throat and I felt the heat to my cheeks as I blushed with embarrassment and got off to the seat. "Sorry, Moody." I apologised as I felt the utter embarrassment of landing on him.

"Don't mention it." Moody said to that.

The train sways and the lamps running along the ceiling flickered and die. One by one until all is dark.

"What's going on?" Neville asked nervously wondering why the train has stopped and no lights was on.

A thin wisp of steam escapes Neville's mouth. I start to shiver slightly as the temperature went down and I was cold.

"Dunno... Maybe we've broken down?" I said nervously hoping to be right. I didn't want to be wrong and I was dreading the answer if it wasn't that.

"This train doesn't break down." Moody informed and he has his wand out. My stomach dropped with that answer. Great! Another something that might want to kill me!

"Ouch! Draco, that was my foot!" Hermione hissed to Draco who was pale.

Draco was leaning against the fogged up window as he looked outside as the lights came back on and sees a dark silhouette. "There's something moving out there." Draco informed as he looked outside staring as he was scared but tried to not show it. I listened to him and I wondered what was out there moving?

It shows the lights going back out again one by one.

"I think... people are coming aboard." Draco informed with fear as the car sways violently and then rights itself as I was against Moody's side. I won't admit this but I was scared.

Then suddenly the window under Draco's fingertips were freezing over and Draco, Neville and Hermione looked shocked as Moody eyes it and pales.

It showed the bottle freezing over that had water within and I was shivering with the coldness. All the widows were frozen over.

"Bloody hell. What's happening?" Neville asked as he sat closest to the door with Worthless.

Remus Lupin looked still asleep with a blanket over him and Moody had his wand looking around with his magical eye. I was nervous as I looked around with my ears twitching madly.

Then suddenly a black silhouette came outside of their compartment with a cloak blowing and a slimy scabbard hand of death waves it's hand and places the handle down and slides it open revealing a cloak figure and the hand gripped the door revealing the scabbard hand as I was pale as I heard this and I was shaking violently hoping it wasn't the thing that I hated. The cloak figure came into the doorway. Draco and Hermione leaned back as did Neville and I who was right next to the figure. Crookshanks hissed and suddenly the figure turned to me as I sensed it did.

I was shaking from the cold and also the fear I felt and I wasn't the only one I could sense Neville was shaking badly as well. Then I couldn't catch my breath suddenly and my breath went raggedy as I felt like choking as the Dementor got closer to her suddenly Moody stood up with his wand and so did Remus Lupin.

From Moody's wand came a lion and Remus Lupin came a wolf chasing the figure away but when I could breathe again my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I fell unconscious.

To Neville he went unconscious and he lived what he had seen.

"NEVILLE!"

"CRUICO!"

It was the voice of his mother and father shouting for him the night of the attack.

For Worthless she heard herself screaming the day she got turned blind.

"Please!"

"You worthless brat you don't deserve anything!"

"AHHH!"

..............

I was unconscious when I heard Hermione with a voice of concern. "Worth." Hermione' voice came and I opened my eyes but still saw darkness with not able to see but my ears twitched. "Worth, are you all right?" Hermione asked concerned as Neville was there pale as he sat there unemotional but in his eyes he was haunted.

I turned to my friends Draco, Hermione, Moody and Remus looking to her with concern and troubled. I nodded as I sat up with caution and Remus helped her sit back, knowing of her condition and he was concerned as she was shaking with horror. Draco looked pale with nervousness of the events that just happened.

"Thank you." I said with a shaky voice trying to get myself back together again with what I had to relive due to the creature.

I had a cold sweat on my brow when I heard something snap and Remus Lupin hand outstretched with something rigid. It was a chocolate slip in his hand.

"Here, eat this. It'll help." Remus said to Worthless as he hands it to her with a small smile but with sadness within his eyes. I was confused on what he just handed me. "It's all right, Worth, it's chocolate." Remus informed her when he saw her confusion.

"You giving your chocolate away, Remus, say it ain't so?" I said with a tease of humour and Hermione, Draco, Neville and even Moody chuckled. I was aiming for that to lighten the tension of what just happened.

I then went unemotional as I looked to the group. "What was that thing? I've read about them but I can't remember the name." I informed as I held the chocolate. I haven't ever tasted it before.

"A Dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now." Moody said gruffly to her as he had his eyes on her that held slight concern. I frowned and shivered. "It was searching the train for Sirius Black." Moody informed and I didn't like that. I didn't want Sirius to get taken by those.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to have a word with the driver." Remus said standing up and going to the compartment door and then he turned and motioned for the chocolate with a stern look. "Eat. It'll make you feel better." Remus said to her.

When Remus was gone I looked towards the chocolate unsure as I smelt it and I turned shakily to Moody, Hermione, Draco and Neville who were all unnaturally silent I didn't like that. Was I the only one that fainted?

"What happened to me?" I asked with shakiness in my voice.

"Well, you sort of went... rigid. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something." Draco informed and I flinched.

"And did either of you? You know... pass out?" I informed because if Potter got word of this then he'll have something else to tease me about. I didn't want that.

"I did." Neville spoke up and I looked to him with both having the same look. Don't say anything about the experience especially telling Madam Pomfrey.

"No. I felt... weird. Like I'd never be cheerful again. But... no." Draco informed to her.

Hermione shook her head as she held Crookshanks. "I was trembling and cold. But then...Moody and Professor Lupin made it go away." Hermione said and I smiled lightly to Moody who raised an eyebrow. I was thankful for that Dementor to be sent away.

"Thanks, Moody." I said and Moody nodded. "But someone was screaming." I said to that one. I heard screaming.

"I heard a woman and a man shouting and then someone cackling cruciatus curse." Neville said trembling slightly.

Hermione and Draco glance nervously at each other.

"No one was screaming or shouting, Neville and Worth." Hermione informed the two.

I knew someone was screaming and I looked to the direction of the window as I nibbled on the chocolate which filled me with tingling and it was delicious. I've never had chocolate before.

........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
44.3K 1K 15
A wizard has spent 12 years in a wizarding Prison called Azkaban. For a crime that he did not commit. That wizard is Sirius Black. He learns that Sna...
25.3K 913 12
Hermione Granger made a rare mistake at work. Now Sirius Black is back from the dead. Can Hermione figure out a way to send him back for good before...
219K 11.7K 132
#1 Hermionegranger (22/5/22) #1 Hermionexmalereader (20/5/22) #1 PennyHaywood (21/11/23) The third year of Y/N's time at Hogwarts and he is finally i...