Worthless the Forgotten One a...

By Amytuckwell

Worthless is back for her third year! What happens this year when Sirius Black is an escapee from Azkaban? Wh... More

Prologue
Blowing up Marge
Cornelius Fudge
Sirius Black
Dementors on the train!
Back at Hogwarts
Divination
Buckbeak
Hes been sighted
Thats a Bogart that is
A talk with Remus
The fat lady shes gone
New portrait and substitute for DADA
Quidditch: Slytherin Vs Hufflepuff
I need to know how to fight them
Marauders Map
Sneaking to Hogsmeade
A conversation not meant to be heard
A Patronus Lesson
Sirius in Gryffindor tower
Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!
Pettigrew on the map!
Trelawney and a Prophecy
An arguement with Pettigrew
Remus into Moony
Time Travelling
End of the Year
Author note: Artical 13 Destruction of Fan Work

The Knight Bus

1.9K 41 1
By Amytuckwell

I then hurried out storming with my trunk behind me and I go down the streets when I heard Marge screaming and I smirked. I heard Fawkes clucking with joy as I walked as he was on my shoulder keeping watch he was like a guide dog. When I came to the playground I knew it was dark I sit down as I felt the sorrow within me. What am I going to do? I won't be able to go back to Hogwarts I am truly alone. I felt a tear slip but then I felt Fawkes rubbing against me for reassurance.

Sitting there the lamp flashes on and off. The carousel creaks from the wind turning slowly. The swings were creaking as they went back and forth. The seesaw went up and down and I had my knees to my chest hearing the creaks of the instruments of the play ground.

As I sat there though I heard cracks sounded like an animal or a person and I looked. "Something's here watching us." Fawkes warned me as Fawkes got ready to pounce in the bushes though in the dark corner was a dog. I had my wand out.

I stepped back slightly afraid that the person or thing would hurt me and I couldn't stop glancing at it even though I couldn't see it I was too afraid to not. I had my wand out when I suddenly stepped back and I tripped over and I forgot about the sidewalk.

Then suddenly I heard honks came and my ears twitched at the sound of something big. I think it was a bus. The knight bus. It stopped right in front of me and I felt a presence there.

"Welcome to the Knight bus emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor for this evening." Stan said and I looked confused.

Stan looked around and then peers at Worthless. "What you doing down there?"

"I fell over." I said to him cautiously. Why was he here?

"Wha' choo fall over for?" Stan said to her and Fawkes clucked in annoyance. I was getting annoyed at the man for his dullness.

"I didn't do it on purpose." I informed him.

Stan eyes Worthless suspiciously, nods slowly. "Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." Stan said to her. I though got up and walked to the side and peered in the direction of the bushes and Fawkes stuck his head out as well looking to see if it was safe.

"He's not there." Fawkes said and I nodded with slight relief when I felt Stan there looking as well.

"What you looking at?" Stan asked and I rolled my eyes. What's the point in telling him?

"Nothing." I said to him.

"Well, come on, then. In." Stan said and I was going to my trunk. "No, no, no. I'll get this. You get in with that Phoenix of yours." Stan said and Fawkes rolled his eyes with me.

As Stan grabs my trunk with a struggle, I steadily climbed with Fawkes clucking me when to step and not to. I'm thankful for this Phoenix even though I won't tell him that directly.

"Be warned there's no seat belts only beds." Fawkes told me and I paled as I walked.

No seats. Only Beds. The brass frames need a shine, the lines a wash. One bed was occupied by a sleeping wizard. I was walking slowly as I looked around.

"Come on. Move on, move on." Stan urges and I sit on a bed and Stan gives me a ticket.

Behind the wheel, Ernie, an unshaven wizard in thick glasses, stares straight ahead, armpits stained with sweat. A shrunken head dangles from the rearview mirror, muttering incessantly through the stitches that lace its mouth.

"Take 'er away, Ern." Stan said to them.

"Yeah, take it away, Ernie!" The shrunken head said. "It's going to be a bumpy ride." The head said and I looked confused and Fawkes clucked and I looked confused. What did he mean by that?

All of a sudden we were off with a bang! Ernie rockets away and the beds - as one – slide six inches to the rear. I drop onto the bed nearest as Fawkes squawked in protest and I couldn't blame him this was dangerous. The chandeliers were swaying directly above me as I heard. Beyond the windscreen oncoming traffic whips past in a blur.

"What did you say your name was again?" Stan asked and I looked with a rasied eyebrow. I didn't tell him my name and that's my business.

"I didn't." I said to him holding onto a railing.

"Whereabouts you headin'?" Stan asked and I look hesitant because I hadn't thought about it.

"The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London -" I informed him suddenly. I might as well go there due to Diagon Alley but also my friends could be there.

"Is it now? Did you hear that, Ern? "The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London." Stan said to the driver as Stan grins with sinister delight, showing bad teeth. Now I glared to his direction I felt that was making me out like I was dumb.

"The Leaky Cauldron! If you have the pea soup make sure you eat it before it eats you." The shrunken head said and I looked very confused. Why would the soup eat me?

As the Shrunken Head cackles with delight, I peer out of the windscreen direction and I heard the cars going by with the traffic.

"But the Muggles. Can't they see us?" I said with panic because that would make them discover magic which would get us all into trouble.

"Muggles? They don't see nothing, do they?" Stan said and I frowned slightly. Muggles aren't that blind. I mean what about the police force, army force the MI headquarters they might know about magic. The Queen possibly should know about magic due to she runs the country and maybe as well the government.

"No, but if you jab them with a fork, they feel." The shrunken head said.

"Ernie! Little old lady at twelve o'clock!" The shrunken head warns the driver.

Sure enough, directly ahead, a little old lady is crossing the street. Ernie hits the brakes hard and I suddenly fly forward with Fawkes as I and also I heard Fawkes' face palmed the window next to me. That's going to leave a bruise.

"Ten, nine, eight..." The shrunken head counted as I righted myself and rubbed my nose trying to relieve the pain and Fawkes was ruffled as we watched towards in front of us. They aren't going to run the woman over, right? "Seven, six, five, four, three, three and a half, two, one and three quarters. Yes!" The shrunken head shouted.

Then the bus was going again as I and Fawkes was flung back on the bed. Why hasn't this bus got seat belts! "Worth, Sirius Black is on the Daily Prophet cover. He escaped." Fawkes said to me and I furrowed my eyebrows as on the front page of the Daily Prophet that Stan has read: ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN! Below, a sunken-faced man with long, matted hair glowers from a moving photograph screaming.

"Who is that? That man." I asked curiously. I already knew he was and I knew Sirius was innocent and I wanted to help. But he escaped Azkaban! Does that mean he's coming for me?

"Who is that? That's Sirius Black, that is. Don' tell me you ne'er been hearin' o' Sirius Black?" Stan said and my eyes brightened up. I have heard of him he's like a brother to me. He's also made it upon himself to make him even though not legal my godfather!

I was ecstatic. "He's murderer, he is. Got 'imself locked up in Azkaban for it." Stan said and I didn't look happy. Sirius wasn't a murderer! That rat was the disgusting worm! They never gave Sirius a trial so how can they say that?!

"How'd he escape?" I said with a light smirk. I have a number of ways that Sirius could escape and I wanted to laugh at this.

"Tha's the question, isn't it? He's the firs' that's done it. Gives me the collywobbles thinking he's out there, though, I'll tell you that. Big supporter of You-Know-'Oo, Black was. Reckon you heard o' him." I said and my eyes darkened. I've heard of Voldemort but Sirius is no supporter of him.

"Yeah. I've heard of him." I said as Sirius Black eyes meets Worthless's. I've known him and fought him on Halloween, First Year and second year. I wanted a rest from all this trouble but I guess that's too much to ask.

Just then, a pair of double-decker buses sweep directly toward the Knight Bus. Before can scream, the entire Knight Bus slows down and them shrinks making my face long with Fawkes.

"Hey, guys? Guys? Why the long faces?" The shrunken head asked and then everything resumed when they passed the busses and then they turn the corner of an alleyway quickly.

"Yeah, yeah, nearly there. Nearly there." The shrunken head said and Ernie placed on the breaks and then I and Fawkes smack into the window again and I winced from the pain of the hit. I suddenly heard car alarms wail. They've hit a car what a surprise! Note the damned sarcasm.

"The Leaky Cauldron." Stan announced as I was dazed from that ride and Fawkes was annoyed as well as ruffled.

"Next stop, Knockturn Alley." The shrunken head said.

And then I heard someone came onto the bus. A man with a bold head and slightly hunched back came.

"Ms. Worthless... at last." Tom greeted as Stan looked shocked as I quickly got off. I didn't want any of the attention I don't like it because I've been in the dark all my life and I don't want attention now just because I'm Harry Potters sister! Ha!

"Take it away, Ern." Stan said as I looked around the alleyway.

"Yeah, take it away, Ernie!" The shrunken head said to the driver as they then sped off. Tom had Worthless's trunk as he then turns off the car alarm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 526 13
It's Molly Black's third year at Hogwarts and her father, Sirius Black, has escaped Azkaban and is now on the run. Remus Lupin, the closest thing to...
20.1K 379 8
Y/N and Harry are going back to Hogwarts for their thrid year what happens when they encounter Sirius Black and travels back in time to change someth...
44.2K 1K 15
A wizard has spent 12 years in a wizarding Prison called Azkaban. For a crime that he did not commit. That wizard is Sirius Black. He learns that Sna...
18.4K 483 17
Jane Lupin grew up with a loving father in a comfortable nice home with fantastic friends and went to the greatest school for witchcraft and wizardry...