Rebirth Of Calamity

By PocholoLopez

Original Story! A tragedy-struck boy from Earth was transferred to Antaluna, a mana-assimilated world with R... More

Ch.1: The Beginning of the End pt.1
Ch.1: The Beginning of the end pt.2
Ch. 2 Death and Rebirth pt. 2
Ch. 3 A new beginning p.1
Ch. 3 A new beginning p 2
Ch 7. Sai the Adventurer pt. 1
Rebirth of Calamity

Ch.2 Death and Rebirth pt.1

2.5K 71 48
By PocholoLopez

The youth was teleported in the middle of a castle hallroom.

There is what seems to be a procession going on and at that moment, everyones eyes were all focused on him.

The confused boy was surrounded by mixed emotions of surprise and expectation, then a crowned man that he assumed to be the king went to him and raised his hand. Everyone shouted in joy afterwards.

Surdeis was teleported in the kingdom of Reilon located in the middle Continent of Euten.

This world's name is Antaluna, a world about twice the size of Earth.

Antaluna is divided into five continents: West Continent Argonen, East Continent Sinen, The middle and largest Continent Euten, the South Continent Asforte, and the continent where the Demon Empire resided, the North Continent Nosforte.

Looking at the architecture, engineering, and overall culture, these parts reminded him of middle age Europe.. except, with the addition of monsters and spirit beasts.

In this mysterious world where science lacked, magic took its place.

But just like how humans in earth, the denizens in Antaluna warred with each other.

Some fought to protect, some fought in spite, some for their greed while some for dominance. It didnt matter the race or the country, they all fought for their own reasons. Making Antaluna a dog-eat-dog world.

However, Reilon wasn't like the other countries because their Kingdom only had one goal: protect the world tree.

The Guardian Kingdom of Reilon built a great wall around the Antalunan World Tree with an army of a million strong men as guardians. This was their boastful right, priding themselves as the grand bastion, the guardians of the world's essence.

Because their kingdom's goal is absolute and their non-engagement in unnecessary conflict, it was only the Reilon kingdom who noticed the looming threat from the Demon Empire's movements.

Judging by how the people of this world work, they deemed it would be impossible to make everyone form a united front. Instead, the council of Reilon decided to perform the mysterious magic of summoning a promised hero and make sure he grows strong enough to face whatever the demon empire throws at them. Thus Surdeis was teleported from Earth.

The Kingdom supported the summoned hero and gave him whatever aid he needed.

He was trained by all types of experts found throughout kingdom. Surdeis also recieved huge discounts from merchants, and was given a spacious chamber fit for kings. In return he went under the King's direct command and was sent to missions as soon as he was able.

Thankfully Surdeis' unique ability [Photographic Reflex] was as useful and overpowered as he thought it would be. This helped him master everything they thaught, letting Surdeis become one of the strongest potentials within the Kingdom of Reilon.

As long it was within his Level Limits and personal Stats, Surdeis was able to quickly learn skills and abilities that werent only thaught to him, but also the skills and abilities he saw that piqued his interest.

This allowed him to have the abilities: [Sword Adept], [Blunt Weapon Adept], [Archery Adept], [Shield Adept], [Spear Mastery], and more.

The abilities he learnt did not limit to Melee and Ranged weapon masteries. Surdeis also took his time to learn Magic, Crafting, Trap Making, and other non-combat abilities.

On his first job selection at Lvl 10, the array of Class he was able to chose from was incomparable to the average Antalunan.

Thanks to his multitude if abilities, Surdeis gained enough aptitude to choose not just one but a dozen jobs.

[Swordsman], [Archer], [Brawler], [Thief], [Mage], [Cleric], [Shield Bearer], [Spearman], [CraftsMan], [Trapper], [Scholar], and [WeaponJack].

The classes Surdeis hesitated on choosing were:

[Mage], a class that focuses on the path of magic and spell casting,

[CraftsMan], a class that specializes in creating Items such as weapons, armors, and other consumables,

and [WeaponJack], the jack-of-all-trades who can wield any weapon proficiently but inferior to someone who chose to master one,

However Surdeis had already long decided.

Recalling how he held the pole and thrusting it to the policeman's mouth, Surdeis held an attachment to the Spear.

[You have now became a <SpearMan>!]
[Warriors who chose the path of the Spear.

You can now learn SpearMan Exclusive Skills.

Passive Bonus: +10% attack when using a Spear. +10% effectiveness of spear skills. +3% Crit Rate/+7% Crit Rate when using a Spear. +15% Learning Rate of all Spear-related Skills]

The unique ability [Granted's Gift] enabled Surdeis to level up faster than the rest. Combining [Granted's Gift] and [Photographic Reflex], the acceleration of Surdeis' power showed no end.

He Leveled Up steadily and often upgraded his weapon and armor with the best he could find.

The amount of skills and abilities in his possesion also went up at an astonishing rate to a level that the world had never seen before.

Surdeis earned merits after merits.

He diligently accomplished missions and as he increased in rank, he also gained recognition from people not just around the kingdom but soon the whole world.

The Kingdom's generosity bore fruit, the lone wolf Commander-General Surdeis was soon called

[The Ace Of Humanity].

In each battle he went Surdeis always fought with a frightening intent to kill.

It didn't matter whether if it were a monster, a demi-human or even a human. The intense emotions from the policeman killing his family etched deep within him became his source of power. Imagining it was that bastard he was piercing and thrusting and slicing.

It was as if the merciless incarnation of wrath was unleashing its terror.

One day he had single handedly destroyed an army of Lvl 50 Skeleton DreadKnights as well as killing the leader, a Lvl 75 Undying King, a task fit for a balanced army of 200 hand picked men.

He not only managed to kill every single undead, but Surdeis also destroyed the famous undead fortress called the Masoleum of the Undying King in absolute ruins.

After that day, no one in the world didn't fear his name.

Although he never left the Middle continent, his name travelled far and wide. Regardless of who they were or what race they had, they all spoke of Surdeis as if they were speaking stuff of the nightmares. Shuddering as they called him

[The Walking Calamity].
....
It was 15 years ago since Surdeis was teleported to Antaluna. Today the tale of [The Walking Calamity] came to an end.

Dying by the hands of the Demon Empire's strongest unit, The Children of Original Sin.

The Guardian Kingdom of Reilon was right. The Demon Empire in Nosforte was preparing itself until another nether portal opened in the eastern continent of Sinen. Hundreds of thousands of Demon soldiers came out marching westward. The sudden turn of events caught all nations by surprise.

The Demon army from the portal continued their march of terror towards the world tree.

Whatever the race, political afilliation, wealth, bloodline, ancestry, it didnt all matter to the demon army as they annahilated whatever came their path.

In just five years, the Demon army have completely subjugated the whole continent of Sinen.

The Demon Empire in Nosforte also began its attack at the same time the eastern invasion started. After years of preparation the Demon Empire invaded the rest of the northen continent.

The Demon Empire and the Demon Portal army arrived almost at the same time to the Middle Continent. Without delay, they began their two-pronged march of terror from the north and the east of the continent of Euten.

Halfway through, surviving kingdoms and empires finally realized they can't stop their march alone. They lowered their pride and Antalunans from all the world formed an alliance.

Different races took arms against the combined demon army but sadly by that time it was too late. The demon army marched like a snowball, increasing in size as well as individually getting stronger the more they moved closer to their objective.

Sadly, the world's united force was futile. The demon army toppled any attempt to stop their march with brute force until finally reaching the last bastion of the world tree, the Kingdom of Reilon.

After two years of hellish defending of wave after wave of attacks, the combined demon forces have breached the mighty wall of Reilon.

The prided gaurdian soldiers were decimated by the sheer power and numbers of the demons. Until finally it was only Surdeis, the strongest human, was left.

Surdeis "The Walking Calamity" fought against the demon army alone. Through sheer force he defended the world tree non-stop, without even having time to eat, sleep, or recover.

This hell went on for more than a month.

Killing as much as tens of thousands of demons by himself. Unfortunately he can't go on forever and had finally felt his limit. He exhausted all his provisions and Surdeis was already running on fumes. As if waiting for this exact moment, the Children Of Original Sin showed themselves and under their hands, he fell in battle.

"..A menial task."
....
*flapping wings*

Suddenly intense waves of mana rushed out like a tsunami.

"!!" Smiling Demon

Feeling the sudden burst of mana startled The Children of Original Sin.

"This mana..."dressed demon

The Children of Original Sin all looked towards the location of the World Tree. They noticed a small slit from from the Fruit and a bird that looked like a rooster with shining rainbow colored feathers and long tail was flying towards their location.

"That's!- why did it appear here?!"

It was the fabled Sarimanok. An Origin Class divine beast rumored to be a 4th dimension being that controls time, space, and soul.

The Sarimanok's size is only slightly larger than the average chicken yet the mana it held was comparable to the sun.

Unable to move from the intense pressure, the demons could only watch as the Sarimanok flew towards the man who was recently killed. The man who was called [The Walking Calamity].

A rainbow colored egg containing mysterious mana fell as the Sarimanok flew over Surdeis then suddenly vanishing in a multicolored flash. The egg flew towards his dead body and as soon as it reached him it absorbed a formless energy.

cr-crack

cracks formed on the egg and at that moment time and space started to warp.

A blinding light as bright as a star shone-

Flash!
....
...
....
The complete blackness was replaced by a kaleidoscope of vivid colors spinning his consciousness around.

The multitude of colors went on forever until slowly...

blackness returned.

*thump thump*

The mana he now felt was different.

For some reason, the image of his father and mother back on earth appeared on his vision.

'Mom..dad..'

He heard a voice.

"Son..son!"

"Uhuuh huhu *sniff* *sniff*"

He heard a feminine voice and a crying wail of a man.

The boy's eyes opened slowly. His vision was still hazy and two blurs that he assumed were faces came into view.

His blurriness gradually improved as his vision returned. Now he can see who these voices belonged to.

"Son! Finally you're awake! Thank goodness"

He saw a beautiful female. The woman looked liked she was in her 30's but her youthful appearance made him question her true age. She wore eastern looking clothes that seemed fit for manual labor. Her skin was tan, probably from being constantly under the sun.

Surdeis' mind relaxed as he heard the woman's kind yet strong voice.

"Uhuup. We doud yu wer ded (we thought you were dead)"

The other one spoke but his heavy crying made him hard to understand.

The boy's eyebrows curved. After scrunching his eyes to make sure he isnt seeing things, he confirmed.

The man wore similar farming clothes.

Its facial features and body structure was definitely those of a humans. However, it had ebony black skin, silver hair, red pupils, and a pair of sliced horn where only the base remained.

Surdeis knew too well what this man was.

This man is a demon.
...
Ch 2. Death and Rebirth pt. 1 end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 15 24
Our world is a planet called "Mother earth" filled with beauty and life. It's a place for humanity to live in. But the world as we know it has chang...
359 19 4
The primordial Void exists everywhere, engulfing us in its wake. The creatures that dwell in there know only destruction and hagemony. Now they come...
721 51 32
I am a cursed child by fate. Lose almost everything since child. The last straw i have is this curse... While getting harsh training everyday, waitin...