The Immortals

By Azyure

The lineage of a powerful family set to rule good and evil, but are good and evil really different from each... More

Violet Immortals
Crimson Immortals

The Queen of all Immortals

6 0 0
By Azyure

My name comes from a prominent ancestor, one that had power beyond compare. She never married, never loved, never even had children. . . or so was the common belief. I believe that she loved and lost just like another person in my family. I can’t call my life tragic, no not at all. However I do say that it is unfortunate, Morgain the unfortunate. My childhood was wonderful, my parents were loving all of the time and you could tell just by looking at them. I lived in a castle with my mother’s old nurse that I always called Mother Mary. She was almost a grandmother to me. My mother and father used to go down to the beach at dusk, their crimson power emanating from their entwined hands. I remember looking out my window to see the comforting red glow at night.

My parents were always wanting to travel somewhere, if we weren’t planning to go somewhere they would be planning to plan to go to a new island. Their favourite destination were islands, the seclusion usually meant safety to them. We went to a new island every summer. The summer I had turned nine we had set out for another new one, just the three of us. I was born with green power, my aptitude was most definitely earth. The trees always seemed to whisper to me.

I will never forget the summer I turned nine, the boat sailed without a single problem and the island looked so lush and green. I danced in a circle, the foliage blurring into one big green sheet. I couldn’t hear any birds, something was terribly wrong. There is always birds, they are never far away unless they have been disturbed. My father walked right into the trees, I was choking and I knew he was in danger. I couldn’t speak but my feet started to move, I saw my father and he was fine. One minute is all it took for things to change, in one minute there was a man standing over my dying father. The man had came out of the bush and plunged his spear into my father’s throat. I heard a scream rise from the beach and it triggered my pent up voice. Me and my mother screamed in unison, our voices entwining in the air.

The man was surrounded by others like him, green eyes, very sturdy and muscled. One grabbed me and two others raced off presumably to grab my mother. I was brought in front of the man and the one behind me pushed with little effort but to me it was immense, they all had this unnatural strength. I was forced to kneel before their king who had slain my father. My mother was also pushed down, her red power was no match for their green when she had no partner to strengthen it. I prayed they would not kill her too, the anguish in her face was almost too much for me to bear. The king tilted my chin up, looking straight into my eyes. I couldn’t take his icy green eyes for long, he then took a handful of my dark blue hair and brought it up to his nose. After smelling my hair he moved to my mother, clasping a weird bracelet around her wrist.

My mother began to scream again and I watched, mesmerized, as the bracelet melted into her skin. He laughed at her pain and said something to one of the other men, we moved through the forest and soon it was a huge clearing with a castle rising steeply into the clouds. There was a bunch of green women waiting with their wings outstretched, I had figured out that these people were faeries from following one. I had gotten a good look at the wings folded carefully into his back so they would not get in the way of his hunting. I had also figured out that they were hunting by the heavy and vicious looking weapons. The faerie women looked disdainfully down at my mother and curiously at me. One took my hand and guided me away from the men, I protested reaching out to my mother as she did the same, the woman just pulled me along. When I wouldn’t stop looking back she turned my head forcefully. I wept bitterly and even when I was enveloped by one of the strange women I tried to shove them away. I wouldn’t eat and I couldn’t sleep, one time I closed my eyes for just a moment and the death of my father came to me. I screamed until I was hoarse. The women must have said something because it only took a week for me to get my mother back. I was nearly dead and my mother looked just as bad, but to me it was the best present I had ever got. She fed me back to health and loved me back to life.

The only thing I did after I was healthy again was work, they worked me until I was so tired I thought I was going to pass out. They hated my mother for being so different, I just didn’t have blond hair and wings. They treated me differently but better than my mother. The bracelet was to keep my mother from using her power, it glowed at night and I always suspected that it had a tracking device in it. The day before my tenth birthday my mother was allowed to start work in the kitchens, the morning of my birthday she was found dead with the sharpest kitchen knife in her hands. I cried but I knew that she was much happier to be with my father. The women were wary around me and almost babied me after that, thinking that I would react as I did with my father’s death. When I didn’t I saw a glimmer of admiration in their eyes. They admired me for my courage but they were the ones who had killed my family, what irony life has. I started to not speak much to anyone, my days were very boring and I would hate to repeat them.

I was eleven when my life changed again. I was scrubbing clothes at the third floor stone balcony, it was my turn for doing laundry. The steam made my face flush and the sweat made my hair hang damply down my back. I was so focused on my task that I didn’t notice someone come out. Two arms grasped mine and stilled them as I gasped in shock.

"You mustn’t wash so hard, the clothes wear out easier. Unless you like wearing rags, do you girl?" he asked while I struggled to free my arms. I finally gave up and answered him.

"No my lord I do not like wearing rags. Would you please let go? I don’t think you know who I am, I have no strength like yours and no wings to fly away upon," he laughed and turned me around, I smiled until I saw his face. It was a mirror image of the one that haunted my dreams. The prince looked exactly like his father, every single thing except the dimples that disappeared upon seeing my repulsion. I tensed and tried once again to get away from him. Nothing worked, his hands still grasped my arms as tight as a vice.

"What do you see that causes such a horrible reaction? Surely it cannot be me! Answer me girl, right this moment," I shuddered away from his question and he shook me a bit.

"It is not you my lord, only your father. He scares me so much and you are his exact image." he frowned at me with searching eyes.

"How does my father frighten you? He is always kind to his obedient villagers. My father has almost never done a cruel thing in his life!" I straightened and my heart filled with anger. How could he profess his father’s innocence when I had seen the exact opposite? I gritted my teeth, steeling myself for his reaction.

"Your father, the king, killed my father and devastated my mother. He is not the man you claim." at this the prince’s eyes widened and he turned with me in tow striding towards the center of the castle. As he went people rushed out of his way watching our procession towards the king. Grim determination was set on his face as he burst through the king’s chambers to the throne room.

"Is what this girl says the truth father?" he bellowed and dragged me struggling up to the king himself. The king caught my eyes and I whimpered remembering the glacial eyes that raked over me. He stood and yanked my head up by a handful of my hair. Chuckling at my wince he tugged until my eyes were level to his.

"Yes I remember you girl, your father was easy to kill, not very aware at all. Your mother was a shame, she had such unusual eyes. I would have kept her around maybe even invited her to my bed but she had other plans didn’t she? You however are beginning to be a nuisance, if you barge in here with this trash again I shall take the strap to you boy," the prince just stared, a look of confusion plain on his face. I almost started to cry, my mother should never have been spoke of so disrespectfully. The prince removed the king’s hand from my hair and I let out the breath that I had not realized I had been holding.

"Father, this girl has been wronged by our family. I expect you to right this wrong at once, she does not deserve any of this! How could you be so cruel? Do not even talk of hitting me father, you know my power is ten times stronger than yours." he tightened his hand into a fist and I saw the most amazing thing, his fist wasn’t emanating one colour of power, it had yellow, blue, and green. I stared in awe, having multiple colours had never occurred to me. I thought it was impossible, his most prominent colour was green and it seemed to boost all the others.

The colors disappeared and the prince tugged me out of the room, I wished he would let go but his hand was around my arm still. Almost too tight, I could feel his anger and he must have forgotten I was even there. In a sudden burst of pain he broke my arm, I cried out loudly and he turned. A look of surprise flashed across his face and was replaced with horror at what he had done. Quickly he took my arm in both of his hands and the pretty multicoloured light danced around it. The pain eased and all that was left was a huge bruise the exact size and shape of his hand.

"You’re so delicate, what is your name? I’m sorry to have hurt you." he tucked my arm against me and I eyed the gaudy decorations of the king’s chamber.

"I am Morgain my lord, I wish you hadn’t talked to the king like that. My father and mother will get their revenge on him one day, he will not go unpunished. All you’re doing is making trouble for me." the prince raised his eyebrows and smiled at me, his dimples stood out and I sighed without meaning to. He just grinned wider.

"Morgain the brave. I have no doubt that your parents will avenge their deaths, but what about you? Don’t you deserve comfort after all that has happened?" I looked at my hands that had suffered by my hard work, they were blistered and calloused. I sighed again, wishing for my childhood back.

"I deserve nothing at all my lord, time has been harsh and I regret a lot of things but I do not deserve anything. I think I had better get back to my work now," I strode towards the door and he barred it with his strong arm. He gazed down at me with such a queer look that I stepped away with my head lowered.

"Morgain, you can’t go out that way, how would it look? A girl the prince ran off with emerges from the king’s chamber. No you could never do that, if I take you through the secret passage it will be more discreet. Come now, this way." he gently nudged me over to a strange painting on the wall. He was eager, almost too eager. Twisting the catch, the painting swung out on oiled hinges. I stepped into the dark corridor and he stepped in behind me, for a moment I panicked. He was with me in a dark hall away from anyone who could hear my calls, not that they would answer me anyways. The prince was welcome to any woman he wanted. The dark closed around us as he closed the door, I felt for a wall but I couldn’t find one. His steps echoed as he walked towards me and as he stopped I could hear his breathing.

"It’s so dark in here that no one would ever know that this is a dead end hall. In fact it ends not far from here, are you scared Morgain?" I shivered thinking over every single word that he said. Was I scared? Yes, and a part of me was also curious. What had he intended to do? I tried to back away but he grabbed me first. His hands ran up my arms and cupped my face, moving away for a second he struck a match and lit a lamp. Moving back towards me in the flickering shadows he wrapped his arms around my waist. I spat at him and he laughed slamming me against the wall. I yelped and he swooped down to violently crush his lips on mine. I struggled against him and he pressed himself closer to me. I was not enjoying my first kiss but he was, he groaned as he broke from it. Smiling down at me he pulled me towards the floor, I managed to get on top of him and he ran his hands down my back. Leaning down I kissed him this time and the power rushed through me making my body tingle. I could feel his erection and I knew I could control him with my body.

He let me go before it progressed too far and I felt absolutely horrible, I had acted like such a loose girl that I wouldn’t be surprised if he had came back to finish. Burning with shame and hurt that he could just stop me and escort me away. I was shocked at myself and when I climbed into my bed that night I cried myself to sleep. A princess arrived the next week and I was relieved to believe that he could no longer touch me in a loving way because he was to marry the girl with golden power. I was wrong though and two nights before his wedding he confronted me in a dark hall. He kissed me and I was so surprised to see him that I let him, then I pounded my fists against his chest as hard as I could. I even reached out with my power to push him away, he hit the wall with a small cringe and I smiled, triumphant. His hands had flailed out and knocked over a pitcher of water, spraying it everywhere. He growled and charged at me, ripping my dress. I gasped as cold air hit my chest, reaching to cover myself with torn material. Tears burned my eyes and I rushed away, not stopping to clean the water that had spilt from the pitcher of water on the window sill. He laughed and that night his laughter ricocheted through my dreams, chasing after me.

One day soon after that night I was gardening and it was nearly noon. The princess Alainya was strolling through and she dismissed the ladies who accompanied her. Sitting on one of the ornately carved benches, she stared at me for several minutes. Calling me over finally I nervously rose, swiping dirt away from my skirt. I kneeled before her and she sighed looking me over again.

"I know my husband has been plaguing you for a quite awhile, I pay attention to what the castle people say. I can’t see what attracts him to you, probably the hair or the fact that unlike us faeries you are not strong and obviously bruise easily. Don’t deny it Morgain, I can see the evidence. I am not mad at you, what my husband does is not under your control and you don’t deserve to have him trying to compromise you." there was that word I thought, deserve, what did I deserve? I practically threw myself at him in the secret hall, wasn’t his following me justice for what I did? I felt tears prick my eyes and she smiled at me cupping my chin in her hand.

Sinking to her knees in front of me she embraced me as the tears started to flow. I had not been hugged by anyone since my mother had died, she was so comfortable that I clung to that hug long after my bout of tears were dried. She clucked at my dress, hastily repaired after he had ripped it and took my hand. She led me through airy corridors and her own private garden to a suite of connecting rooms. Although she was only six years older than me, one year younger than the prince, she was acting just like a worried mother. She took a plain dress that was used for outings to town and took my dress off carefully. She gasped as she saw the bruise on my arm, slowly fading from the severe break he had caused. Other parts of my body were bruised too, my knees from kneeling to scrub floors, my shoulders from carrying the bar for transporting pails of milk, and my arms from the night he had kissed me in the hall.

She waved her hands all around my body, weaving a golden net around it. The net snugged over me and sunk into my bruises leaving nothing except flawless creamy skin. I thanked her and she fit the dress over my head. It was too big and she casually stitched it tighter with her beautiful golden power. When she finished the dress fit me perfectly, even better than my old dress. The fabric was pretty, matching my eyes in the beautiful emerald colour. She dubbed me her personal maid and kept a careful watch over me, the prince didn’t touch me again for four years.

I then had a very comfortable life, I was always near the princess who soon became queen when the king was killed in a hunting accident. I knew my parents would have their revenge, they had been hunting when they had killed my father and so it was only appropriate for the king to die in a hunting accident. The prince felt no sadness, he held a funeral for him but no one mourned. I prepared Alainya to be crowned myself, I only felt a little bitterness the very moment that the crown touched her head. I had once been destined for the great honor of being queen. No one knew and I was satisfied to let it stay that way, that seemed like a whole different life now. I took to sleeping in the queen’s room when she visited her husband’s and when she came back in the morning I would comfort her. She never told me what happened in the king’s bedroom but I could guess pretty accurately, she always came back crying. She was so happy the one day she nearly glowed, I asked her what had happened.

"My husband has excused me from our visit this week, the doctor has confirmed my suspicions. I am with child Morgain! We are going to have a baby, and you are going to help me take care of it," she laughed at my raised eyebrow and told me that she didn’t know much about child rearing.

"What, you think I know any more than you do? I haven’t even had a lover my queen! I have no motherly instincts at all," again she laughed and said that the babe would survive between the two of us.

She was wrong, the child and it’s mother died from trying to be together. She died trying to give birth to her son and he had in his eagerness been strangled by the umbilical cord. They were buried side by side and the king stared stonily at nothing. He caught my eyes and looked away in shame, as did I. I knew that another part of my life had died, along with the woman I had thought of as a second mother. I was thirteen and old enough to find my own way, instead of walking back to the little boat that carried me to this island four years ago I walked into the wilderness of the island. Stumbling upon a dreamy little cottage I knocked lightly, not hearing an answer I pushed the wooden door open. The cottage looked well kept and beautifully simple. A table with two chairs and a plate of freshly baked cookies awaited a person to sit and eat.

"Come now girl, sit and relieve your growling stomach, I am Magmora." she was so beautiful that I had to blink, I sat and stared in awe. She smiled and sat opposite to me, a violet aura surrounding her.

"I have been expecting you, Iveen isn’t here is she? Being alone out here for so long has been terrible and I think it has dulled my senses because I can’t feel your mother." my mouth dropped open, how could she know my mother? Who was this extraordinary woman?

"Excuse me madame, who are you? My mother has been dead for three years now, my father for four. How do you know of me?" she looked shocked and then with tears slipping down her perfect cheeks she rose and hugged me tight. I started to cry too, thinking of the woman I had recently come to love and lose.

"Dead? Both of them? Oh you poor child! How did it happen, oh, sweet Iveen! How could she die?" I sniffed and wiped my tears, the pain was older for me and easier to rein in. I led her to a sofa and settled her upon it.

"My father was speared through his throat and my mother killed herself with a kitchen knife. They must have died quickly if its any consolation, I know it wasn’t to me." Magmora got control of her tears but I could see the pain in her eyes.

"I am Magmora the great. I was ruler of the whole forest land and it seemed so simple back then, there was two leaders. King Ageois and me, he ruled the dark people and I ruled the rest. I had a child with king Ageois, her name was Altharia. She married and at that time there was only one set of rulers. Altharia and Perin but then everyone wanted to be kings and queens, your mother was born to them and so was her sister Rattaria. Her sister rules my old side with her murderous husband Aurian and Iveen married your father to take after her Grandfather Ageois. I am your great grandmother." I must have been shocked because Magmora laughed insisting that she was telling the truth.

"Where is Ageois? I mean great grandfather, sorry. It will take some time to get used to." Magmora laughed again and then taking me over to a mirror she showed me where he was. Ageois was a handsome man and he pondered over a letter which I could see clearly. It was a letter to Magmora herself, professing his undying love. I giggled and so did Magmora. We had lunch and talked about everything, especially my mother. She seemed to know everything about her and I asked her every question I could think of. Our days together flew by like birds and one day she told me that she had lived long enough and wanted to leave this earth. I protested because she was the only family I had ever known, she diminished my fears and told me that Ageois was going to go with her. So I agreed to accept their remaining power.

The two immortals had to get rid of their power because if they couldn’t they were stuck on the earth. So I agreed and Ageois came, he was more affectionate than I had guessed. He hugged me telling me that he had a special surprise for me. I was so anxious that I begged him to show me what it was, he said he wouldn’t until he was going to leave. They spent my fourteenth birthday with me and gave me tons of presents. The last gift they gave me was the deed to the cottage, it was mine now. When the day came for them to depart I cried pleading for them not to go, for once in my life I was being selfish. Magmora and Ageois silently held me and I could feel their power transferring. It filled my veins and I glowed with violet and green light. It burst out of my veins and filled my heart soothing all of my fears and worries. They would always be a part of me, forever and ever.

"Your surprise dear Morgain is coming and you will meet it very soon. Help whoever comes to your door and you will be greatly rewarded. Be strong my dear! Goodbye." he held me tighter as he spoke, then he was gone as I whispered goodbye.

"Don’t forget me now Morgain. I have something more for you too, a girl needs your help. You were once in the position she is now, the king has turned his attentions upon a young girl. Even younger than you were when you first met him, take her away to the cottage. Help her heal Morgain, I know you can. Dress in the best gown in the closet, they all fit you perfectly. Use some of the money from the chest and buy her. I love you dearly Morgain, daughter of Iveen. Goodbye!" again I whispered a loving goodbye and with a final burst of power they were gone.

I was dizzy and disoriented from all of the power swirling inside me but now that I was stronger I felt like I could do anything. I knew exactly what I was going to do, I went immediately to the closet and took out a silky wine coloured gown. The plunging neckline would entrance the king and the refined full skirt would win his approval. Not that I was looking for any approval but I needed to look the part to play a rich woman of high birth coming to buy a servant. After I put it on I hardly recognized myself, who was the beauty who had taken over my place? Awed I put my hair up into a beautiful chignon. Making it so some of my overly long hair hung down from the chignon, I curled it. Clasping a choker on and slipping wine coloured slippers on I felt ready for anything. Grasping the matching purse I filled it with gold coins, locking the chest of treasure and hiding it away. I left out the front door and locked it tight.

I was surprised how little time it took to get to the castle, one of the guards recognizing me opened the gate staring at my neckline appreciatively. I held my head high even though my emotions were roiling inside of me. The door was also opened for me and a serving man came as I walked in.

"May I do something for you, lady. . ." he cut off unsure of how to proceed.

"Princess Morgain of Birhamstone, if you please. I would like to converse with your king." the serving man looked uncomfortable and stuttered as he continued.

"Um your highness he is preoccupied at the moment, I am not sure when he will be done." I swallowed, had he already hurt the girl? Was he with her right now? I rushed past him and he followed trying to restrain me. I pushed him away effortlessly with my power, splintering the door as I broke into the familiar threshold of the king’s chamber. The king looked away from his prey. His tongue was on her neck and she was trembling in fear, she looked like a rabbit caught in a hunting trap. Her dress was ripped just as mine had been, her hair was a beautiful black cascade and terribly messed up. I strode towards him confidently and took her hand in mine. He looked at me with anger and then he really looked at me, his eyes widening in shock and fear.

"Have you come to smite me Morgain? What a pretty dress you have on, I wonder what it would look like crumpled on the ground. Have you come to finish what we started long ago?" I glared at him in disgust.

"I have come to buy a servant and this one is the one I want, nothing happened between us long ago. You were a handsome prince who forced himself upon me, nothing more. This dress isn’t for you either, just a symbol of my regained status. I bet you didn’t even know that I am a princess, did you?" I spat at him and he walked up to me reaching his hands to grab me, I burnt them with my power that had been boiling along with my rage. He screamed his agony and I threw a sizable sum of coins at him. Without realizing it I had charged the coins with power and everywhere they hit him he was burned again and again.

Closing my purse I walked away with the girl’s hand in mine. She looked about seven and wouldn’t talk at all, I tried to coax words out of her but she just sat stubbornly. I knew she liked me and she thanked me because of the brilliant smile that illuminated her sweet face. I took her for walks and dressed her in pretty gowns that I tailored with my magic. She loved to watch my magic sewing the fabric together, she was like my daughter and I gave her all the love that I had received when I was a child.

The day that both our lives changed was a stormy and miserable day. She sat with her head on my lap and I told her stories that I remembered and others that I made up. I told her of my time at the castle and my childhood. She especially loved the ones of my mother and father, I could almost feel her eagerness. We sipped warm coconut milk and wore lacy nightgowns for most of the day. She started and tensed when she heard a noise, I did too. It didn’t sound human, more like an animal dying. I held her close and tried to comfort her but she didn’t need it, in fact she tore out of my arms and whipped the door open. She dashed out the door and I followed as best I could, the rain was lashing both of us as we ran. I saw the black lump through blurred eyes and she screamed, making the first significant noise I had ever heard from her.

"Hurry mommy, he’s dying! Hurry, hurry. We need to heal him and make him better." I stood shocked for a minute and then sprung into action surveying his wounds. He groaned and whispered something that chilled me to the bone.

"Morgain," he had said my name, murmured it and I saw his brilliant green eyes look pleadingly up at me. I sewed his wounds together with magic and picked him up with my magic, carrying him back to the cottage. The girl followed, a worried look on her face. She struggled with the door until it closed as I looked glumly around, it looked like a hurricane had hit inside! I set him gently on the couch and pried his black cloak off of him. His wound was huge and both of his legs looked as if someone had tried to sever them. I patched his wound in his chest and redid my sewing job on his legs. Grabbing a towel to dry him off I blushed, he wouldn’t be able to get better with those wet clothes on! I would have to take them off myself.

"I want to know your name right now because it is evident that you can talk and after you tell me your name I want you to go to your room, straightaway." she bashfully smiled and came closer.

"My name is Elekata, if you want to call me Ellie or Katy I would not mind. I am sorry for not talking before, it was like there was a block that I couldn’t get past." her voice was rusty from disuse and I smiled at her warmly.

"I will call you Ellie and you are never ever going to run off like that ever again! You scared me so much! Now go get out of those wet clothes and stay in your room, no matter what, alright?" she nodded and as soon as she left I got the tatters of his shirt off. His pants were another story, they clung wetly and I had trouble because I was trying not to hurt him, eventually I gave up and I cut them off. Taking an old nightshirt of Ageois’s I slipped it on him, working it down his body. He was a faerie, his wings told me that and his blond hair. His figure was very immense and he had a scar on his one wing. I figured him to be about twenty, and he looked very appealing to me. Undressing him wasn’t as horrible as I had thought, all I had to do was see his wounds and my motherly concern kicked in. It turns out you can have motherly instinct even when you haven’t had children.

He groaned and I felt sorry that I didn’t have anything to kill the pain. I pulsed my power into him to help and his eyes flew open. They stared straight into mine and he reached his hand up to touch my face, I touched my hand to his cheek.

"Are you an angel? Am I in heaven now, how did I get here? I am not supposed to go to heaven, your wrong my angel." I laughed silently caressing his face.

"I am no angel sir, I found you outside my house. Or should I say my daughter found you." he smiled weakly and coughed.

"Figures you’d be married, the poor child must be stricken. I hope I didn’t scare her too bad." he tried to laugh but ended up coughing again.

"Oh, I’m not married, she isn’t really my daughter, I just took her in and she thinks of me as a mother. I’m glad because I love her like a daughter. Listen to me babbling, you should sleep." he smiled and closed his eyes as I got up.

"Don’t stop, your voice is like music to my ears. Your daughter is a lucky one and so am I." he nodded off while I told him of the weather. I took the time when he was asleep to clean up around the house and shut the shutters for the night. When I finally sat down I realized that I hadn’t changed my clothes. My night gown was drying but most of it was soaked and almost see through, I put my hand up to my hair to find that it was horribly tangled. Picking up the brush I had left on the table this morning I started to untangle the knots in my hair.

"You look like a water nymph, want to come over here and do that?" I gasped and blushed furiously, I should have changed before worrying about my hair. He had a sharp intake of breath and I rushed over.

"What’s wrong? Is it your chest or your legs? Where is the pain?" he gasped like a fish and pointed down. My hands flew down to his legs and I spent some more of my power on the wounds. His eyes widened and he tried to grab my hands away as I helped the pain.

"No, don’t give me your power, you’re power is better for you not me. Don’t . . ." he cut off wincing and I stopped flooding my power to him. I felt so good about giving him my power that I didn’t even feel it going. It was excess anyways and I think my great grandparents would approve. He looked up at me, regret burning in his eyes. Was it regret for not stopping me faster? I smiled down at him and he reached out, grabbing my arm and pulling me down. He kissed my hand and it tingled like it was about to catch on fire, I nearly leaned down to kiss him. Jerking myself back to reality I jumped a little when he spoke.

"Are you alright, you look like you’re going to faint. I shouldn’t be here should I? Are you expecting someone? You look so jumpy and unstable, much like a kitten." I blushed and stood suddenly remembering my night gown, I tried covering my chest subtly. He noticed and laughed watching me like a hawk, I felt like he could see right through my clothes which wasn’t a very hard feat.

"We weren’t expecting guests at all." I said glaring at his smug mouth. He sobered and hooked his one hand around my leg, pulling me closer. I didn’t want to hurt him but his hand was burning through my night gown, slowly I tried to break his hold. It looked like he had already gotten his strength back, I couldn’t budge. His lips spread into a slow smile and I caught my breath, he was so beautiful. Pulling me so close that I lost my balance he chuckled as I tried to not fall on him, I fell anyways. Jerking myself sideways I ended up on the floor beside him, his arm curled around my waist. He laid his head on mine and snuggled into my hair.

"You shouldn’t have done that, you could have hurt yourself badly! Think before you act sir!" he grimaced at the sir and laughed at my petulant expression.

"I don’t mind because if I hurt myself you can just patch me up, kitten. I am not a sir please don’t call me that, my name is Devron. I like being called Ron, now you have to tell me your name, kitten." I laughed at his nickname for me and relaxed in his hold.

"My name is Morgain. You should really get some more sleep, it will heal your wounds faster." he didn’t say anything to reply and removed his arm so fast I almost fell. Looking at him with worry I saw he wouldn’t meet my eyes, something flashed into my mind. He had said my name last night when I had helped him. Furrowing my brow in thought I realized that it was morning and poor Ellie was still in her room. I shot up and to my room, dressing in a more appropriate manner.

Ellie burst out of her room when I called her and I laughed at her ravenous expression. I told her that I would fix breakfast as soon as I could and upon seeing her curiosity, I sent her to ask Ron what he wanted to eat. She came back to say that he would like anything that I would cook. I made some of the eggs that I had harvested two days ago. Ellie gulped them down and shot outside to start cleaning up the fallen branches. Ron ate them slower, savouring each bite. Stifling a yawn I cleaned the dishes and put them away. Moving to the living room again I tackled more of the mess that the storm had left. He watched my every step, frustrated I whirled around.

"What is it? Also why did you call my name last night? When I came over to you outside I heard you call my name, how did you know my name?" he grimaced and gave me a bleak smile.

"Surprise Morgain," his words baffled me and my brows lowered in confusion. I raked my memory for any kind of familiarity, suddenly everything clicked and the picture was clear. Incredulously I gazed at him and as my knees wobbled I whispered no over and over again.

"Yes Morgain, Ageois sent me. He told me that my worst enemy was located on this island and when I came to fight him Ageois appeared, telling me that I could not escape death unless I did one thing. Come push myself upon you, I declined and obviously Ageois had my attack planned. That is why I thought that I was dead when I awoke." I paled and sank to the ground, this was my great grandfather’s idea of a surprise? I got up unsteadily and ran heedlessly to my room. The room blurred before me as I felt the horrible sting of tears, you would think that tears would run out when in use so constantly. I heard a little whimper from the doorway and looked over to see Ellie standing in the doorway. I held my hand out to her, giving her a watery smile.

"He didn’t mean any hurt mommy, all he wanted to do was give you someone to love." I laughed at her simple child’s mind, in a way she was right I guess. Maybe children understand more than adults. Hugging her tight I wiped away my tears, knowing crazily that whatever Ageois did Magmora had countered. I might have been distraught at the situation that Ageois had caused but I wasn’t totally miserable because I had Ellie from Magmora. It was a strange relationship that they had shared, each one correcting the other’s mistakes. They were the perfect balance of power and I felt strengthened, before they had left I had told them that I didn’t want to be alone. Well I was certainly getting my wish.

Washing my face I started out to the living room to deal with the situation. He was sitting up and I frowned, my magic must have done wonders for him. Looking up he caught my eyes, I tingled with awareness. Striding towards him I smiled carefully, standing in front of him with my hands folded before me.

"I have assessed the situation and I believe that while you are recuperating you are welcome to stay, when you are able to leave you may with haste if you wish," I looked soberly at him as he nodded slowly.

"I feel nauseated, could you check my temperature?" he frowned as I answered yes, walking over to him. My hand swept across his forehead and I frowned in confusion, he was at normal temperature. His hand shot up to my wrist and with surprising accuracy for someone nauseated yanked me into his lap. I shrieked with surprise and sat as still as I could, he smiled because he knew that he had caught me. He knew that once in his lap I would not dare to move in case I would hurt him. Glaring with accusation I berated him for his little stunt. He silenced me with his mouth, giving me my third kiss of my life. His kiss was nothing like the brutality of the prince’s and held much more taste. It reminded me of the sweet melons that my family had used to eat in the summer. I felt exhilarated and joyous at the same time, I responded with such enthusiasm that he had to break the kiss to regain his breath. I saw his amusement and carefully I tried to escape, he wouldn’t let me. I grew panicked with thoughts of Ellie barging in to find me and seeing me in such an embarrassing state.

"Ron, if Ellie comes in I will forever blame you for her early education," Ron grinned leaning in to kiss my neck.

"I lied Morgain, Ageois didn’t say anything about killing me, but I had no idea that he would injure me at all." I slapped him for his deception and he grimaced.

"I deserved that," I then kissed him again and he held me tight even though I knew it must have been hurting his chest wound. Slowly he let go of me and I sprung from his smart trap. Trotting away I locked myself in my room, he was such a horrible man to tease me so. I slept on my bed for the rest of the day, I knew Ellie could take care of herself and Ron. For several days I kept my distance from him, he was recovering faster than I had thought he could. It must have been my magic, I couldn’t measure how much I had poured into him but I knew that I had wanted to make him stop hurting. It scared me, the almost fierce urge to make him the most comfortable I could. Thinking of him in pain was almost as bad as actual physical pain to me.

It was two weeks later that I had another encounter with the strange man. He had been walking unaided for four days now, I asked him to go with Ellie to gather nuts and berries. He didn’t as I soon found out, I was making a pie to slow bake until supper and he snaked his arms around my waist. I jumped because I had thought he had went out with Ellie. He chuckled as I turned in his arms, I tried to push him away and he didn’t move. Growling with frustration I pushed with my power, I must have not pushed hard enough because he just rocked back a little on his feet, his arms still around me. Growing annoyed he lifted me as I squealed in protest, setting me on the counter he put his hands on my lower back. Nuzzling his chin between my breasts he looked up into my eyes, his were darkened with desire burning in them. I moved my hands to his face, trusting him to support me. Jerking his head up to mine, I met his lips with mine and his hands roved lower. Gasping in shock as he wrapped my legs around his waist I tried to push him away again, using a substantial amount of power.

He flew backwards, catching himself just before he crashed into the wall. I ran past the dazed Ron and into my room, bolting the door. I could hear his angry footfalls as he pursued, pausing outside my door. I held my breath as I sat on my bed waiting for him to do something. He didn’t disappoint, one minute the door was a solid barrier between us and then it was gone, blown clear off its hinges. He stalked into the room as fear blasted into my mind, he was certainly determined. I scrambled off the bed trying to make for the open door, he was faster by not being hindered by a dress. I cursed my dress and he laughed as I writhed in his arms, glaring at him I gritted my teeth. He flung me over his shoulder and walked slowly toward the bed.

"I have had enough of your coy little games Morgain. Either you want me or you don’t, make your choice right now." he deposited me roughly onto the bed. I bit my lip, thinking things over and weighing all of the consequences.

"But what about Ellie? She might be back soon! I can’t with Ellie to be back so soon," he smiled triumphantly.

"She won’t be back until dusk, I told her that if she comes back sooner than that she won’t get her special surprise. No more excuses Morgain, just me and you. Take me or leave me, what is your choice?" he was right, I was out of options, no more excuses. It was time to decide once and for all. I looked into his eyes that burned over me and made my decision. I whispered one word that made the course of my life change yet again, yes. He loosened the laces on my dress, pulling it down inch by inch. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled his head down, his lips gracing mine with his sweet taste. I slipped out of my dress without him even noticing, when he reached to inch it down more he grasped at air with surprise. I laughed delightedly as his hands went instead to my undergarments, he didn’t stop and I luxuriated in his touch. We slept afterwards and woke as dusk was approaching, hurriedly I booted him out of my bed and out my door. Scooping my door up from the floor I quickly affixed it back on new hinges with my magic’s aid.

Ellie definitely noticed a change in my behaviour and Ron’s too. I had scarcely washed the dishes when she confronted me, making me so nervous that I had to hold myself up.

"Is Ron going to be my daddy now? He will be a good father and you two can give me a sibling, I have always wanted a brother." my eyes widened as I thought of the one consequence that had not occurred to me before, could I be with child right now? The feeling made me tingle with excitement, I knew that I would love to have Ron’s child. Then my thoughts went to my beloved queen’s death, would I be among the casualties during childbirth? Shuddering I prayed to never have any complications in any pregnancies I might have.

"I don’t know yet Ellie, keep your fingers crossed." she crossed them and went off skipping happily. I smiled watching her, imagining her hand clasped by a little boy’s. he would follow her wherever she went, Ellie was someone who drew people to her. I retired my apron and set off to find Ron, he was sitting in the back garden with his back to me. I put my hand on his shoulder as he absentmindedly covered my hand with his.

"Ron I was wondering, what are your intentions with me? Ellie does need a father and I wouldn’t mind some company but to stay unmarried is just inviting trouble." he nodded and looked up at me lovingly.

"I would never dream of not marrying you, but where can we get married. I take it that you are not about to ask the king to marry us, are you?" I cringed and nodded, I would never ask him for anything. He sighed and said that there might be a minister in the village.

The next day Ron left to go search for one and bring him back to me, I ached when I said goodbye and I almost cried. I had lost so much of my family that losing Ron, just for a bit even, was so painful. Ellie comforted me and two days later Ron was back and he was not alone. I did cry to see him safely home and he hugged me lovingly. He had brought a minister and we were quickly married with the legal papers drawn up in a matter of moments. I sighed once it was done, for once my life was going in the right direction. I finally had a family of my own, until that is my biological family interrupted.

A messenger came riding down our path in royal dress and I welcomed him brightly. He questioned if I was indeed the royal highness princess of Birhamstone and I told him that I was. He then went into the story of why he had come and since we were on an island that was so removed from the rest of the forest lands, we had not heard the horrible news.

"Everything is in chaos because your parents left and did not come back, your aunt has seized the opportunity to take your mother’s land and people. The balance of power is tipped uncontrollably, your people are suffering horribly. As soon as you can you need to come back to Birhamstone and reclaim your lands." I couldn’t believe that when my parents leave for a vacation that my aunt takes all of their rightful possessions and their poor people. Who I shockingly realized were now my people and my possessions.

"But my power is only green, their power is violet." I stared down wishing for the first time in my life that my power wasn’t green.

"Our power darling, we both have green power." the messenger looked at us and laughed.

"Well if you are married and you both have emerald power then you are more powerful than your aunt. Two greens overrule a single violet, it takes both of them to make violet and both of you have green. Let me see, make your fist glow." making a fist I focused so it began to glow, it surprised me when my fist not only glowed green. It glowed golden, green and violet. I remembered the time when Alainya had made a golden net around me and when she had held me, she was secretly giving me her magic all along! Fascinated Ron made a fist of his own and his glowed the identical to mine, the messenger was so shocked that his mouth dropped open.

"Not only are you powered by emerald very strongly you both have two other colours. I have only ever seen the mixing of two colours, one day we will have another person as powerful as your ancestor, Morgain. One day we will have another person to master the rainbow." I was so excited to return to my birthplace and show Ellie everywhere I remembered going as a child. We left two days later, packing all that we could.

The journey was rainy and dismal, we were boxed in by our things and yet we could never find the things we needed. I was sick for most of the journey, not being on water for six years. Ellie took to it immediately and I swear she was what got me and Ron through those days. Ron was avoiding me because he hated sickness, his father and mother had been struck by illness when he was just a boy. I encountered a totally different man than the one I had married, he seemed to be steeling himself for my death. I wanted to laugh at him but he was never around for me to laugh at him, he was evading me like I was contagious. When my feet touched land again I was so grateful that I wanted to kiss it, our journey had taken four stressful days to complete.

Our things were taken to an immense tree house and a fox-like creature came out to greet us, he was followed by a beaver-like companion. The tree rose out of sight into the clouds, similar to castle back on the island. The two animals smiled at us lovingly rushing to embrace me.

"We are told you are our beautiful great godchild, I am Seyfried and this is Atlas. We were your mother’s godfathers, we helped the lady Altharia rise to power. I am told to make you as comfortable as I can until Altharia gets back, she and Perin are out at the moment but will be back within the day." Seyfried took my hand and walked me to my chamber. I frowned at the small bed and then horribly a nasty thought occurred to me.

"Seyfried, this bed is too small for me and my husband. Could we go to another room by any chance?" I asked the creature patiently. He looked bashfully down at the floor.

"Your husband will be staying in a different room, he requested it my dear." I stared at the creature and turning I opened the closet, all my things were there but none of the possessions Ron had collected were present.

"You may go now Seyfried, I would like to be alone now. Please leave." I told him icily. He gave me a piteous look and swept out the door. I closed it silently, slamming the bolt home. Walking back to my narrow bed I sat staring out the window incredulously. Tears burned down my cheeks as my lips quivered in rejection, I had seen Ron this morning and made sure he could see that I was practically recovered. Sobs wracking my body I clutched the pillow, did my husband not love me any longer? I sank into the cushy comforter with dismay, had he changed his mind already? Anger flaring I ripped a dress out of the closet, it was one of Magmora’s gifts. The amount of cleavage it showed would be sure to get his attention, I set it out on my bed with determination. Grasping the matching accessories I marched over to the mirror, with grim longing I remembered the nights of fevered passion we had shared.

Fixing my hair I remembered the last time I had been this nervous, Ellie had become my daughter that day and I had put that horrible king in his place. My hair done, I slid the pearl accented ruby slippers on. Over my head went the ruby dress fringed by navy blue, matched perfectly to my blue hair. Around my throat I clasped emeralds surrounded by twinkling diamonds. Again the mirror showed a beauty instead of my usual self, smiling I gave the beauty a small curtsy. Walking evenly to the door I unbolted it slowly swinging the door open. Candles and lamps were lit and I could see the dusk shadows deepening into evening. Stepping hesitantly out into the hall I could feel the gaze of someone unfamiliar to me.

Turning slowly I caught the glint of an eye, she was staring at me. Slim fingers were clutching the banister and she smiled carefully. Her dress was a beautiful blue color, verging on Aqua. Her chestnut hair was swirled intricately in a complicated bun. I smiled with sincerity back at the woman, noticing with curiosity her deep purple eyes.

"You must be Morgain, welcome to my home. I hope you can stay for awhile, although my daughter and I were not close it does not mean you and I could not forge a relationship." her voice chilled me with it’s smooth, low tone. I stared at my grandmother in awe, the one ruler who had defied the laws of balance and ruled without anyone but her husband. Strangely I felt that she was telling the truth, my mother hadn’t got along with this woman at all but somehow she wanted a relationship with me.

"Then you must be my grandmother, Altharia. It is a pleasure to meet you and I would like very much to have a relationship with you, that is, if you are not connected to Rattaria in any way. You must understand that I have come back to put her in her place and take back what is rightfully mine." for a second Altharia’s eyes burned with anger and then she masked it artfully with a flourish.

"I understand completely but do not distress Morgain, that girl has disappointed me for the last time. I cut my ties with her long ago, it pains me that she didn’t follow in my footsteps and marry a nice boy of better stature." I nodded sympathetically and when she held her hand out to me I took it gratefully. As we stepped into the dining room applause sounded enthusiastically. I searched for the source as Altharia giggled happily. I found the source easily, my grandfather came over with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

"You look so beautiful darlings, how much like Iveen you are my child! Her nose, her cheekbones, and a hint of her hair. Although the darker tone suits you better Morgain. I am Perin, you must call me grandpa though darling, I have missed having the opportunity to have that right." he embraced me fondly and I smiled back at him. Feeling someone else had entered the room I swivelled with a joyous smile, it was Ron. My smile faltered for a second and his eyes swept over my body, breathless I surveyed his evening suit. He stepped forward uncertainly and I moved quickly over to his side, as I slipped my arm through his I felt him stiffen. Hiding the hurt he was causing I led him forward.

"This is my husband, Ron. These are my grandparents Ron, Altharia and Perin." I stopped with him and he gently brushed my arm away nodding at my grandparents. The action did not go unnoticed and I felt my face burn with shame. Altharia dragged me away as Perin started to converse with Ron, sitting me on a couch.

"He is your husband? Is this a joke Morgain? I thought he was your servant or something, he is as icy as a glacier! Morgain, oh darling you must be horribly upset." I nodded, not trusting my voice until the wave of sadness subsided.

"He wasn’t like that before, at home he was so different. Why he hasn’t willingly touched me since we got on that cursed ship! Ellie tried her best but he wont budge from his ridiculous sulking." a tear escaped down my cheek and Altharia quickly hurried me to the powder room. I felt better at having told Altharia but somehow I felt like I was betraying Ron.

"What made him like. . . that? Did he do something horrible to you, lash out in a moment of anger? I could swear that he was guilty for something, when he first came in and saw you his eyes had darkened with passion and then he looked away guiltily." I furrowed my brow, had he done something? Thinking back over our few days of paradise I couldn’t find anything wrong.

"No, nothing at all. He was perfect! But now, now he is changed." she hugged me and wiped my tears away. Washing my face with a cool wet cloth she took away any signs that I had been crying. We both went in just as the men broke off their conversation, Perin caught his wife’s gaze and sent her a worried look. We all sat down to dinner and no one spoke much, Ron didn’t speak at all. Even when Perin subtly prompted him, he sat rigidly frowning into his soup. After dinner I went to Ellie’s room quietly, I was not the only one to be effected by Ron’s mood. She sat in bed with the covers pulled up tightly, I could tell she had been crying.

"I missed you at dinner sweetie, are you feeling any better?" she sniffled and shook her head, I hugged her lovingly.

"You must be hungry honey how about we go down to the kitchen and see if there are leftovers, maybe I will even find some pastry for desert." her eyes glowed happily and she smiled up at me.

"A bite to eat wouldn’t hurt, would it? I am sort of hungry now that I think of it." throwing the covers back she jumped out of bed. I pinned her hair up quickly and handed her a robe. We snuck down the two floors to the kitchen and I collected some leftovers on a plate for her, setting them in the still hot oven to warm. She stifled a yawn and sat down at the table.

"Well, I didn’t expect to see you down here Morgain, and who might you be darling?" I smiled at Altharia and let Ellie introduce herself.

"I am Elekata, or as everyone calls me, Ellie. Nice to meet you madame, will you join us?" Altharia smiled and nodded as she sat on a third chair.

"I am Morgain’s grandmother, Altharia. Did you come with my granddaughter Ellie?" Ellie laughed and looked over at me happily.

"Of course I came with mommy, I couldn’t really stay at home alone, could I?" Altharia’s eyes widened as she tried to connect me with Ellie and count the difference of years.

"There are seven years between us grandmother, I took Ellie in when she was seven and I was fourteen. Magmora sent me to find her and help her." Altharia relaxed and Ellie tapped the table impatiently. I took the warmed food out and set it before Ellie, she ate like a little lady and I was very proud of her. Escorting her back up to bed I kissed her goodnight. Working my way back to my room I wondered which room Ron was in, most of the doors were opened and I could see if there was an occupant or not. At the first door I saw closed I knocked softly, a sound emerged from within that nearly made my heart stop. I heard a woman’s laughter, almost losing my nerve I started to turn away in shock when the door opened.

"Hello there miss, is there anything you need?" turning and seeing that she was as pretty as I had imagined I felt a tear slip down my cheek, she bundled me into an embrace and led me into the room. I almost bolted, knowing that my husband was in the room and I was shocked again when I saw not my husband but my great godfather. Almost laughing at my silliness and unfounded fears, I sat in the little chair. Seyfried chuckled at his woman guest and left with a small kiss on her cheek. She sighed when he was gone and then turned to me, smiling at me brilliantly.

"Hello dear, you must be the Morgain I have been hearing of. I am Jenny of the forest of Ranulf. Me and Seyfried would have joined you at supper but we had planned our evening a while ago. Don’t worry about interrupting anything, you look like a lost puppy honey. Whatever is wrong?" I grimaced and smiled apologetically.

"I thought that this was my husband’s room and when I thought you were in here with him I nearly lost my mind." she gasped, her eyes widened in shock.

"Well, darling you don’t look old enough to be married at all, let alone having problems with your marriage. Why aren’t you two sleeping in the same room?" I bit my lip and sighed with exhaustion.

"He isn’t talking to me and I don’t know why, ever since we got on the boat to come here he hasn’t touched me willingly. I know that he stayed away from me on the boat because I had seasickness and his parents both died from an illness that swept through his old village. What I don’t understand now is that he is still treating me like I am ill, like I have some kind of horrible disease." she looked at me thoughtfully and tapped her bright fingernail on her lips. She frowned and tried to say something but stopped herself, looking at me with pursed lips she tipped her head to the side.

"It certainly is peculiar, but darling, have you even talked to him about it?" I hung my head in despair.

"Every time I come near him he escapes with a stupid excuse or, even worse, he stares at me icily." she gasped and her eyebrows dove in a frown.

"You mean him? The one who was moping around and nearly tripped me? Oh darling, you poor thing! He needs serious help, if he tries to evade you again, weld his door shut and make him listen." I laughed at her voice as it squeaked and went up an octave when she exclaimed. I agreed and she took me to the door she had seen him disappear behind. I tried the door knob, as I had guessed it was locked tight. Knocking hard on the oak barring me from my husband I checked my dress for any imperfections, it looked just as provocative as when I had put it on that afternoon. Maybe even more so, now that the candles flickered over my creamy skin. Knocking again I heard him walking towards the door, my heart started beating so fast I could barely breathe. The door swung open and he looked down sleepily at me, I smiled as he glared and masked all of his emotions. I slipped under his arm and into the room, he closed the door so no one could hear what we said.

"What do you want Morgain?" he asked gruffly, I sat on the narrow bed that matched mine. Staring at the lock I took the woman’s advice and welded it with my power. Next I focused on my husband, making him squirm with my silent scrutiny.

"Why are you being an ass?" he gasped to hear the profanity escape my lips and rage made his face turn red.

"Why Morgain? I will tell you why, because I hate myself. I am leading you toward your death and I hate myself, just like my dear Sarah you are going to die!" he sank to the floor and shook with sobs, I froze in fear and confusion. How could he be killing me? Had he poisoned me? I imagined my throat closing and my lungs failing, choking I managed to calm myself.

"Ron, who is Sarah?" he looked up and crawled towards me, sitting at my feet.

"Sarah was my wife, we were both young and stupid. I killed her, Morgain I killed her!" he looked up at me like I was going to strike him, I sank to the floor in front of him.

"How did you kill her Ron, how?" he shuddered and looked away from me.

"I loved her too much, we were going to have a child but there were complications and she died, I killed her by wanting a family with her and now you are going to die because of me. You were sick on the boat, I can tell that you have my child inside of you because he is already trying to kill you." I sighed in relief and hugged him.

"Ron I was just seasick, there is no reason to worry. Sarah’s death wasn’t your fault, I wish you would have told me sooner. Darling when we have a child it will be a beautiful angel! Don’t worry my love, everything will be fine." he held me and I held him until we both felt better. Before I had hugged him though I had saw a flash of guilt, had he lied to me about Sarah? I could almost taste the dishonesty in the air but instead of confronting him I focused on the love in his eyes and kissed him lovingly. He took me up into the narrow bed and we made love until dawn.

Awaking first I ran my hands over his muscled arm and he groaned readjusting himself, it was a nasty mistake. With a shriek I fell off the narrow bed landing hard on my back end. Laughing as he jerked awake I rubbed my back end to sooth the soreness. He scooped me off the floor and deposited me back on the bed, I giggled as he covered my mouth with his. Realizing how late it must be I tried to get up but Ron pushed me back down, tickling me with his tongue. I wrapped my hands around his middle and pulled him tighter against me. Taking my mind spinning off again I kissed him, his mouth once again reminded me of the sweet melons from my childhood. Diving back into the bed we didn’t get back up until there was a pounding at the door. Automatically I answered, then remembering that this was supposed to be Ron’s room I blushed.

"Wait a second please." I snapped my mouth shut after I had spoken. Ron smiled at my blush and got up dragging his pants up over his legs, he then tried to open the door. When it didn’t budge he looked up at the melted metal and then back at me with an upraised eyebrow, I blushed even harder. He broke the lock with his power and opened the door a crack. I pulled the covers up to my chin as the man at the door started speaking.

"You two need to come eat something to sustain yourselves and Jenny wants to know if you’d like a nicer room, maybe with a bigger bed. The fall Morgain took this morning didn’t sound comfortable at all, unless of course that was you but I highly doubt you can shriek that loud or high." I felt like my whole face was burning, looking back at me Ron grinned mischievously.

"What do you say Morgain? Do you think we need a bigger bed?" mortified I nodded as I heard my grandfather chuckle. He turned back and I felt like slapping him so hard he did shriek as loud as I had that morning.

"We will be downstairs soon grandad, she needs to sneak back to her room to get new clothes." the urge to slap him intensified and as my grandfather left I threw the covers away, striding up to him angrily. I slapped him so hard that a big red mark appeared on his cheek but he didn’t scream at all, he laughed. He pinned me against the door frame and kissed me, just as his lips met mine the door across the hall opened and Jenny stepped out. I let out a little shriek trying to cover my nakedness with Ron, she smiled and winked at me. Then she hurried downstairs and I slipped my dress on, noticing that in Ron’s eagerness he had ripped the laces. Huffing I went towards the door but before I could leave Ron kissed me until I was dizzy. Rushing down the hall and around the corner into my room I realized with despair that it was bare, what was I supposed to wear now? How could they move all of my stuff in such little time? I sat on the bed and thought, I couldn’t just walk around to each room in search of ours. Ron ducked into my old room and tugged me out half an hour later.

"What are you doing in here? We need to get some food I am starving." I let him tug me along thinking we were going to his room but when we passed it I saw it had been cleared out as well. He dragged me up numerous sets of stairs until we reached the very top, there was a very large door and he unlocked it with a key. Opening the door he tugged me in and I stared in awe at the beautiful, airy, and humongous room. The bed itself was a sight to see, it was the biggest bed I had ever seen. The table over to the side was laden with food and our stuff was all put away already. Looking over to the far left corner I saw that it was doors that opened onto a balcony.

Ron yanked my dress off, ripping it more and I ripped his pants off. Taking a long stretch of the ripped ribbon used to lace my ruined dress up he tied my hands together. I gazed up at him in confusion as he then tied my bound hands to the bed, he smiled with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You are going to let me feed you now, no more tempting me with your hands." I laughed and he brought over a plate of cheese, carefully setting it on the bed before he climbed up too. He sat up beside me and lifted me into his lap, raising the first piece of cheese to my mouth.

"You know that I would have ate without you tying me up right?" he grinned and I laughed knowing that he loved having me under his control, which I quite enjoyed also.

"Yes I know Morgain, I just like doing it this way instead. It makes the cheese look prettier." I giggled as he brought another to my mouth. We ate like that for awhile until I broke free and forced him to be tied to the bed instead. I then got to feed him, he liked it as much as I did.

We went along like that for two weeks, only leaving to bathe or relieve ourselves. It was our honeymoon and soon we had to remember why we were even here to begin with, we had to reclaim my childhood home and free our people from my aunt. Ellie had hated when we were gone but now that Ron wasn’t avoiding me any longer she was as happy as she had been at home. Taking only some of our things, storing the rest until we were settled at Birhamstone, we headed out. Ellie had found her power at the tree house and she used every excuse to wield the golden light. When we were close to Birhamstone I could smell smoke and it became so thick that I thought Birhamstone itself was burning, it wasn’t burning at all. The piles of dead bodies were, great bonfires of rotting flesh. I made Ellie face my chest and I looked all around.

A woman came running toward us enveloped in violet light, the man close behind her was also surrounded by violet light. They were my aunt and uncle, indignant that someone was trespassing on their grounds, I nearly sent a ball of power flying at them. Anger washed over me like a bath of scalding water, creatures gazed up from their iron chains in hope. I tried to smile confidently but I nearly wretched at the smell.

"Go away stupid girl, I have heard why you have come and I will not let you take what is rightfully mine! I killed your father and I won’t hesitate to kill you too," my hands trembled as I dismounted, pressing Ellie’s head into the horse’s mane for a measure of protection. A thousand thoughts passed through my mind and I was nearly blinded by cold fury.

"How dare you call my parent’s things your own? You couldn’t have killed my father, my father was killed by a faerie king." she smiled and her husband laughed heartily.

"Foolish girl, I sent your parents to that horrible island and then a messenger to the dear departed king. He was very happy to receive your mother as payment for killing your father and I never thought twice that your whole miserable family would be wiped out. Then, imagine my surprise to hear that you were alive and living with that wretch Magmora. Your people had hope and so I had to start this monstrosity to quell their ridiculous uprisings. They suddenly thought twice after seeing their brothers burnt to a crisp." I paled and started shaking uncontrollably. I searched for Ron’s comforting presence but I couldn’t find it anywhere. My aunt saw me looking and her lips curled in perverse humour.

"Don’t even bother looking for your dearest husband, I also sent him. He was supposed to kill you, not any of that stupid babble of his child killing you. I found him when I went to kill you myself and he told me about what Ageois had told him to do, I made him an offer that interested him much more than being your companion. He would kill you and then become my captain of the guard, earning himself a fine place to live and his choice of the finest maidens around. I knew you would be wary of anyone just visiting so I injured him enough that without your help he would have died, you fell for him like a village prostitute. Unfortunately he suddenly found his conscience and lost his will to kill you." I stumbled and stared at my aunt in shock, he had lied to me all along? Ellie cried out and grasped my hand to steady me, all I could think of was trying to get her away from this place. She surprised me when she pulled me down to her level to speak with me.

"I must go now mommy, you have to do this alone. I know you can stop them and I believe in you. I promise that I will be there for you right after you win, for you will win." her certainty made me stronger and I kissed her on her head. My aunt and uncle didn’t even notice when she left and I prayed that she wouldn’t come to any harm.

"Now Morgain I have a proposition that you might like better than death, I don’t prefer it but I do owe him something for his father’s trouble. The prince Evron of your dear little island has come to ask for you, apparently you took him by surprise the last time he saw you and he would like to have another chance to give you what you deserve. I would kill you right now but he was quite insistent." as she finished a figure stepped from the smoke and I recoiled from him, his face had been marred by coin sized scars and his hands were a grotesque purple-pink of new skin. My burns had left their mark and I felt sick thinking of those hands on my body.

"What’s wrong princess? You are the one who did this, can’t you face what you did? I offered you a prestigious place in my bed and you turned it down ever so cruelly, now you have no choice. You will be mine Morgain." I shivered at his cold words and backed away in fear, I was truly outnumbered. He reached into his pocket and took out something that I hadn’t seen in years, in the king’s hand was a bracelet identical to the one clasped around my mother’s rotting arm. Smiling he started walking towards me, I tried to run but my aunt stilled me in an instant. I had my husband’s power to strengthen me no more, I was all by myself and in quite a predicament too.

He closed in and slapped it on my wrist, it looked so out of place on my arm that I just stared at it for a second. Then it began to burn into my flesh and I began to scream, I found it funny that even though my body had been paralyzed, my voice rang out as clear as a bell. He laughed and I was utterly disgusted to see desire darken his green eyes at my screams. My aunt let go of me and I fell to the ground, trying to kill the king I let out a burst of power. He laughed even harder because my efforts were useless, the bracelet had locked my power away just as it had done to my mother.

He lifted me up with his power and shook me like a rag doll, all I saw was the devastated face of a previously powerful Gohym. He had been the captain of my fathers guard, I remembered him well and as he looked at me in hopelessness I felt myself leaving my body. Turning and staring at myself I reached out, tearing at the binding bracelet I broke it in half. It was like my body was calling me and I settled into it comfortably. I blinked twice as Evron let me go, racing to pick the two halves of the bracelet up.

Standing up I felt my aunt hurriedly try to paralyze me, her power went shooting into my veins. In wonder I held my hands up, I had absorbed her power as if she was giving it to me. My uncle sent a powerful stream of magic at me, my eyes shot to his and my hand shot up in front of me. With a smug smirk I felt the magic hit my hand and flow right into me, then to my uncle’s horror I kept sucking the power from him. He tried to rip his power back but my hold was too strong, he fell to his knees and to my aunt’s pure disbelief I killed him. I sent him to his death, his power no longer securing him to this world. Red power now coursed through me and my aunt fell to the ground, her aura of purple fading to it’s old blue. She suddenly screeched and hurled all of the power she had at me, I bathed in the blue glow and absorbed it just as I had the others.

Her eyes turned dull as she followed her husband, tears fell from my eyes as I fell to the ground. From behind me I heard the gasp of the king, turning slowly I saw his eyes go from shock to hateful rage. He stepped towards me and even though I knew I could kill him in one blast I held back. He smiled and it made me wince, his burns made the smile twist into a sneer.

"You may be able to suck their power like the dirty leech that you are but my power isn’t just one colour. I will kill you and then my father will be proud of me." he put both of his hands up and I steeled myself for the impact, his power felt like a thousand bees stinging me as it went into me. The shock on his face turned to agony as he died from my vampiric power, every last drop of power he had collected with my other power. When he was gone I stood and walked past the burning bodies to the Gohym, I placed my hand where his heart was and did the same thing I had done to Ron. His eyes became bright and he whispered thank you my queen before he lapsed into sleep. I surged my power into the chains and each link exploded, setting a large number of creatures free. My power quenched the fires and I discovered that I really did have an affinity for earth, the earth swallowed all of the charred bodies and grass sprung up over them at my command.

From a door came Ron, I looked up into his eyes and bit my lip. Before I knew what he was doing he had clutched me in a hug, our very last. It was too late that I realized that he was gently pushing his power into me, holding me he left the world with one last whispered goodbye. I screamed my despair and clutched at him wanting to breathe life back into him, but once a life has decided to leave it is not able to be enticed back. Ellie kept true to her promise and was at my side immediately, she was what kept me from killing myself. As I had the power to suck anyone’s power away, I could give it to unwilling people. When I had healed Ron I had gave him more than he wanted, I didn’t know then that I could do it but like all good gifts they take some time to recognize.

A few months after that me and Ellie had settled into our new castle the people of the forest proclaimed me their one and only queen and the island where I had spent the most important and unfortunate years of my life was deserted. I found that I had a babe growing inside of me, my one last shard of the love me and Ron had shared. He was born on a stormy day, just like the one Ron and I had met on. I named him Devon after his father, Devron. Many years passed before one day I remembered who I had been named after.

I had control of the whole rainbow, life had come full circle and I had become the second most prominent ancestor in our lineage. I had become the queen of all the immortals just as had my ancestor, Morgana Le Fay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 15 27
There are ten different species of earth, and they all hate one another. So, when the gods get word of all the tyranny, they choose a representative...
64.4K 1.4K 46
A baby named Sarah was kidnapped from her kingdom and her future mates , the kings did everything in there power to find her but they couldn't Years...
52.7K 2.9K 43
They called her a demon. They called her the monster of road races. They just didn't know how accurate those names were... *** Genesis never asked fo...
88.4K 185 3
The human race stands on the brink of extinction; the result of a plague the likes of which the world has never seen. When salvation comes, it isn't...