The Walking Dead Season 2 (Ma...

By LayceJ25

With everyone they care about dead, Clement and (y/n) now have to be on their own and face many dangers along... More

Chapter 1: All That Remains
Chapter 2: Sam
Chapter 3: Still Not Bitten
Chapter 4: Nick Or Pete?
Chapter 5: A House Divided
Chapter 6: Traveling
Chapter 7: An Old Friend
Chapter 8: We're Going Home. As A Family.
Chapter 9: In Harm's Way
Chapter 10: You Mean Our First Night In Prison?
Chapter 11: Devising A Plan
Chapter 12: Caught Red-Handed
Chapter 13: Escape
Chapter 15: Survival Tips
Chapter 16: Baby Supplies
Chapter 17: The Baby's Coming
Chapter 18: Standoff
Chapter 19: No Going Back
Chapter 20: Luke's Birthday
Chapter 21: Freezing To Death
Chapter 22: What's The Plan?
Chapter 23: Kenny Or Jane?
Epilogue: Wellington

Chapter 14: Amid The Ruins

5.6K 202 41
By LayceJ25

"You....you...." Sarita stammers before she screams and starts to get devoured by walkers. "No!" You screamed as you run over to Clem, who couldn't move as he was in shock. "Sarita?" Kenny calls out and looks over to see what is happening to her. "NO! SARITA!!" Kenny screams and he runs to her aide and stabs the walkers head and shoved them off of her.

"No! You can't die! I won't let you die!" Kenny shouts as Sarita's body falls to the ground and you, Clem, Mike and Kenny surround her body. "We have to move! There's too many...." Mike informs as he swings his mallet to an upcoming walker while Sarita gasps her last breath. 

"Come on, babe." Kenny pleads to her. "KENNY!" Mike shouts as he hits another Walker. Another comes up on him but you raise your knife and stab it in the head. "She's dead, man. She's gone." Mike said to Kenny. "Leave us ALONE!" Kenny shouts at him. 

"She was bit! I had to do it!" Clem said to Kenny. "How fucking dare you, Clement!!" Kenny screams at the boy. Kenny looks down at Sarita and said. "It isn't gonna go like this."

"Kenny!" Mike shouts again as you and him take out a few walkers. "I won't be left alone again." Kenny said, tearfully, as he stares at Sarita. "We're gonna leave. We're gonna get out of this."

"Kenny!" You screamed as you stabbed another walker. "I don't care what these fuckers are saying, you're gonna be fine." Kenny mutters. "We can't make it without you! You have to let her go!" Clem said to Kenny. Kenny looks up at him then closed his eyes in sadness and looks back down at Sarita. "I'm sorry. I love you." He whispers to her as he caresses her cheek. 

"Kenny! Dammit, man. Come on!" Mike growls as Kenny stands up and slices at another Walker with his hatchet. "You had no right Clement! No fucking right!" Kenny shouts at Clem, angrily, as he glares at the young boy before he runs off.

You and Clem take off as well and took out as many walkers as you could. "I'm going after Sarah!" You hear Luke shout and you see him run past you two. "Luke!" You shout but he was already long gone. 

You sighed as you two begin to dodge a couple of walkers until one comes up on you guys. Clem raises his hatchet and stabs the walker in the head, which topples on top of him.
You gasped then go over to him and help get the walker off of him. You two kneel in front of the Walker as you take your knife, cut it open and both of you start to smear new walker guts over you two. Both of you stand up and start to walk very slowly until you felt someone grab you. 

You let out a gasp as Clem comes over to you only to see that it was Rebecca. "Stop!" She said to you as you start to struggle. You stop and turn to face her as she lets you go. "Thank God." She said with relief. The three of you kneel down as Clem said. "We can't find anybody."

"I know. What do we do?" Rebecca asked in a panic. "We're still covered in walker guts...." you told her and she nods at you. She looks over her shoulder and said. "Look. The walkers are still moving toward the hardware store. We can make it out if we stick together..." she shakes her head then looks at you and Clem. "I'm glad you two are here."

"It's gonna be okay. We're gonna make it." Clem reassured her.
"Okay...." Rebecca said. "We need a clear path to the trees...maybe they're thinning out somewhere. Do you guys see any openings?" She asked as you and Clem turn around and look out at the herd.

A group of walkers walk by until a large opening appears. "There!" Clem said and the three of you start to make your way but then more walkers came through. "Dammit! Go back, go back!" Rebecca whispered and the three of you start to slink back until you bumped into someone.
You look up to see that it was Jane. "Jane!" You whispered. "Jane! Thank God!" Rebecca said. "Stop. Relax." Jane orders you three calmly. "You need to walk... slowly. You'll be fine." 

She starts to walk really slow when Rebecca starts to sob and walk after her. "I can't do this. You have to help us....please." she begs. Jane stops and turns to face you three. "We can't clump together like this...it's better if we spread out. You three will be fine...." she said. "No, you don't understand. Just help us." Rebecca begs. "We should all stay together. Isn't that safer?" You asked Jane.
"Exactly the opposite." Jane replied and she starts to walk ahead while Rebecca starts to sob.

Jane turns to see Rebecca sobbing then she mutters. "Dammit." And makes her way back to you three.
"We'll have to push through that cluster of walkers." Jane said to you three as she points at the herd ahead of you. "There's too many." Rebecca said. "We'll make a cow-catcher." Jane said. "Okay. Just tell us what to do." Clem said.

Jane looks behind you guys and points. "There. That one looks light enough." She said as she starts to walk past you. "I'm gonna get on the far side of her." Jane said then she points at you. "I need you to get her attention." She instructs as she pulls out her knife and crouches.

You walk out and up to the walker and said. "Hey. Over here." The walker turns to you and start to come at you but Jane grabs it from behind and used her knife to unhinge the jaw. "Not gonna bite anybody now, are ya?" She asked the walker once the jaw was removed. Jane looks over at you three and said. "Follow me." And she starts to walk ahead, still holding the walker in front of her as you, Clem and Rebecca follow her.

"Stay close. If you fall behind. I can't come back for you." Jane warned but the three of you stuck close to her until finally you guys make it to the forest. Jane shoves the qalker down and stabs it in the head. "Let's go." Jane said and the four of you walk away from your prison.

The sun was rising as you guys, after washing off the walker guts from a
nearby river, walk along the forest. You noticed that Rebecca was walking real slow and she was holding her stomach.

You slowed down your pace as she walks up to you. "Wr can stop for a moment, if you need to." You said to her. "No, no....I can rest when we're with the others. I can't rest now. Can't just stop." Rebecca said. "I need to make sure everyone else made it out. Luke....Sarah....Kenny...damn it, what if they aren't there?"

"If they aren't, nothing we can do about it." Jane replied in a cold tone. "Don't even say things like that!" Rebecca said to her. "Fine! Sorry." Jane mutters. "I don't even know if we're safe. What if the herd is still following us?" Rebecca asked. "We're fine." Jane assures her. 

"Don't worry, we're okay. We'll meet up with everyone soon." Clem assures Rebecca. "We'll at least be safe....I guess." You said. "We need to keep up a good pace." Jane said. "I know. I know. Just....I'm going as fast as I can." Rebecca said then she places her hands on her pregnant belly. "I know I should feel glad that we escaped, but I just can't stop thinking about the others. How could I leave Alvin behind...? It was stupid" She said.

"What was? Escaping?" Jane asked her. "Look, I know we all agreed to use the herd to get out, but...maybe we should have been more patient. Maybe come up with something better." said Rebecca. "It worked!" Jane said. "If you can call that working! We could have...I don't know..." said Rebecca as she shrugs.
"Jane saved us." You told Rebecca. Then you look over at Jane. "I don't know how we would have gotten out without you." You said. "You don't give yourself enough credit." Jane replied.

"I'm just saying that if people hadn't panicked, things might have turned out better." Jane said after a few moments of silence. "Of course! We panicked! We were scared!" Rebecca shouted at her, angrily. "The plan was good! The execution was the messy part." Jane said. "That sounds an awful lot like you're saying it was their fault." Rebecca accused. "What? No! No, that's not what I'm saying." Jane tried to correct when Rebecca let's out a groan and stops walking as she holds her belly.

All of you stop and give her a worried look as she looks down. "I have to stop." She said. "I'm sorry. I don't want to slow us down. Can I just have a minute?" Jane nods as she says. "Yeah. Take a minute."

"Thank you." Rebecca said then she begins to cry. "Alvin was supposed to be here for this." She cries.
"Is Alvin..."

"He's dead is what he is. Thanks to that fucking madman back there." Rebecca snapped at Jane. "Kenny might know what to do." Clem said. "He had a family."

"Let's hope he made it to the meet-up point, then." Jane said then she looks at Rebecca's belly. "What are you going to do with it?" She asked Rebecca. "What do you mean by that?" Rebecca asked as she glares at Jane. "Uhh, sorry. Just making conversation. It was nothing." Jane stammers, awkwardly.

"No. What do you mean by that?" Rebecca asked again. "Do with what? My baby?!" 

"I'm just looking at the worst case scenario. You, (y/n) and Clem won't be able to raise a baby by yourselves. Not out here. I just mean, it's going to need food. And, y'know, other stuff." Jane said to Rebecca. "We'll look after it. Together." You said to Jane. "Even if that's the case, you can't always protect everyone." Jane told you.

"And you assume I won't be capable enough. Just because you're some angry loner who doesn't care about anyone but herself doesn't mean you know better than me." Rebecca said to Jane, angrily. "Hey! I've seen it before!" Jane retorts. "Back when it started....me and my sister, we were--"

"What!? She died!? I don't need your pity!!" Rebecca spat as Jane jumps back in shock. Jane glares at her then said. "You don't...you don't have the right..." then she turns and walks away. "Jane!" You and Clem said as Rebecca mutters. "Shit. I didn't mean..."

"We're sorry about your sister." Clem shouts after Jane but Jane keeps walking. "Dammit." Rebecca mutters and the three of you follow her.

Moments later you could see the park and as you guys got closer you saw Mike and Bonnie standing in front of each other as they talk. Then they turn and saw you guys coming towards them. "Holy shit!" Mike said in shock. "It had been so long." Bonnie said as you guys make it in front of them. "We were starting to worry no one else would make it."

"Well, besides...." Mike said then he looks over his shoulder and you could see Kenny sitting there, looking somber. "Now, hopefully, we can figure out a plan." Bonnie said. "How's Kenny?" Clem asked them. "I tried to talk to Kenny and he flipped out on me. Started yelling. Scary shit." Mike replied. "I know he probably didn't mean it. But it was scary." Bonnie said as all of you look over at him and Clem looks down, feeling guilty.

"I've been nervous to even go near him." Mike said. "What, you think he's gonna shoot you?" Jane asked him, sarcastically. "The way he is right now? I dunno. Maybe. He's not acting rationally." Mike replied. "He's just....he's just not thinking straight." said Bonnie. 

"I should go talk to him. This is my fault." Clem said. "Do you want me to come with you?" You asked him. He looks over at you and shakes his head.
"No, I need to do this...on my own." He replied. "You did what you thought was right. That's all anyone can do in that situation." Jane said to him. Clem nods and starts to make his way over to Kenny.

"Sarita....God, wherever you are....Please forgive me....I can't be alone again..." Kenny mutters to himself as Clem walks up to him. "Hi, Kenny." Clem greets him, nervously. Kenny slowly raises his head and glares at Clem. "You think I don't know what y'all are whispering about over there? What's wrong with Kenny? Why's Kenny acting that way? Do you think Kenny's okay? It's all I hear from anyone anymore." He said as he looks down. "Kenny....I'm so sorry about Sarita--" Clem said.

"Sorry, huh?" Kenny spat as he looks back at the young boy. "Well that's nice of you, seeing as this was your fault in the first place." He looks over at the others and gestures towards them. "They send you over to do their dirty work for 'em?" Kenny asked then he looks over and shouts. "That the kind of man you are, Mike? Sending little boys to do shit for you?"

"I did what I thought was right. It was all I could do." Clem argued. "All you could do? Because of you Sarita is DEAD and you're telling me you did all you could do? You think because you're a little boy you can just get people killed and no one will care? That because you're sorry it'll all magically go away? That's not how it works!" Kenny shouts, making Clem jump back in surprise before he frowns at his friend.

"Now for the last time, just get the fuck out here and leave me alone." Kenny growls at Clem, who walks away from him. "I'm going crazy just sitting here not doing anything." Mike said to Bonnie. "Just give it time, Mike. It's still early." Bonnie said and you look over as Clem comes up to him.

"Clem! How'd it go?" You asked him. Clem frowns then looks over at Kenny. "Kenny's really mad at me." Clem said as he looks back at you.
"Clem, you can't just expect him to bounce back. What that man's going through....at least you tried..." Rebecca said, trying to make the young man feel better.

"Still. Doesn't exactly help us figure out what we're gonna do now." Mike said. "We've got no food, no water, it's getting damn cold, and we're losing daylight fast."

"When the others get back, they'll know what to do. Luke will have a plan." Bonnie said to him. "We thought Kenny would have a plan." Mike said. "Mike....Bonnie...." Rebecca said to the two. "Mike's got a point. You can't just keep sitting around waiting. Things are difficult enough right now and soon you'll have a baby on your hands, too." Jane said. "What, suddenly you're pretending to be concerned?" Rebecca asked her, annoyed. "Seeing you people floundering the minute things don't go according to plan has just got me on edge, all right?" Jane snapped. "Well, I don't exactly see you stepping up to help right now, either." Mike growled at her.

"We should go find Luke, Sarah and Nick." You said. "Yeah, if they're in trouble we might be able to help them." Clem said. "The kids are right. After everything....after all this. If there's any chance they're still alive, we need to take it." Rebecca said as she looks around at the others.

"I'll go. Clem and (y/n) can come with me." Jane said and you and Clem go over to Jane. "Thank you." Rebecca said, appreciatively. Jane smiles then looks over at Kenny. "Listen, Rebecca. If anything goes wrong here... you go something to protect yourself?" Jane asked her. "I've got this." Rebecca said as she holds up a gun. "You don't think I'd need to....?"

"I don't know. But you better keep that close." Jane said to her then she looks down at you two. "Come on, kids." And the three of you go out to find the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 13
𝗙!𝗒𝗖 π˜… 𝗠!π—–π—Ήπ—²π—Ίπ—²π—»π˜π—Άπ—»π—² The dead rising was something no one could have predicted but it tore the world apart. And all that can be done no...
112K 1.6K 25
Just be aware, this is The Finale Season expect you're in it too and of course, you romance Clementine <3
4.3K 1.1K 19
It became Y/N's job to lead this small group after Jordan died. No one wanted to step up to the task, so Y/N did. "Once I get you to a safe place, I...
17.4K 1.3K 74
Takes place after the events of Solitude... The tower collapsed, the rest of the group is gone, and you're injured. The situation with your injury is...