Proving The Bad Boy Wrong (Co...

By xXrougeXx

Ava Ramirez thought her life couldn't get any worse after managing to get deported from Japan but it does whe... More

Prologue (Edited)
Chapter One: Law Abiding Citizen (Edited)
Chapter Two: The Bounty Hunter (Edited)
Chapter Three: Sky High (Edited)
Chapter Four: Now You See Me (Edited)
Chapter Five: The Heat (Edited)
Chapter Six: Catch Me If You Can (Edited)
Chapter Seven: Here Comes The Boom (Edited)
Chapter Eight: World War Z (Edited)
Chapter Nine: Paranormal Activity (Edited)
Chapter Ten: Paranormal Activity 2 (Edited)
Chapter Eleven: Couples Retreat (Edited)
Chapter Twelve: No Strings Attached (Edited)
Chapter Thirteen: Meet The Fockers (Edited)
Chapter Fourteen: He's Just Not That Into You (Edited)
Chapter Fifteen: 10 Things I Hate About You (Edited)
Chapter Sixteen: This Means War (Edited)
Chapter Seventeen: Project X (Edited)
Chapter Eighteen: Juno (Edited)
Chapter Nineteen: Rumour Has It.... (Edited)
Chapter Twenty: Beauty and the Beast (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-One: Bridget Jones Diary (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Parent Trap (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Ugly Truth (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Four: She's Out Of My League (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Fight Club (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Six: She's The Man (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Run Fatboy Run (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hope Springs (Edited)
Chapter Thirty: Takes Three To Tango (Edited)
Chapter Thirty-One: Sucker Punch
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Best Of Me
Chapter Thirty-Three: Love Hurts
Chapter Thirty-Four: Behaving Badly
Epilogue
Playing The Bad Boy
Author's Note: Numero Uno
Sneak Peak & Author's Note: Numero Dos
Authors Note: Numero Tres - HELP
Author's Note: Numero Cuatro
Author's Note: Numero Cinco
Author's Note: Numero Seis
Author's Note: Numero Siete

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Heartbreak Kid (Edited)

198K 6.4K 971
By xXrougeXx

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Heartbreak Kid
“What?” I whisper standing in shock not knowing how to react.

“There was nothing we could do.” He repeats.

There’s a long moment of silence as I wrap my mind around the situation happening before me. Swallowing I turn my gaze to the ground trying to figure out what I was meant to be doing now.

“Thank you doctor, I’ll go with you to fill out the papers.” I hear Mrs O’Connell shakily whisper.

Lifting my head I turn and watch as they start to disappear down the hall alone with my hopes. Frustrated with the way things are going, I don’t bother to wipe away the tears the run down my face, instead I start to pace the hallway tangling my hands into my hair pulling hard until I feel the pain.

“Ava stop.” Gabriel grabs me and pulls me into a hug gently running his hand up and down my back.

Through all the problems that I have faced over time, I realised that time waits for no man and that I have to try and stop myself from drowning because no one is coming to my rescue any time soon. Resting my head against Gabriel’s chest, I don’t bother trying to talk, because too many unwanted answers would be given to the questions floating around my head.

“Ava, honey?” Lifting my head off Gabriel’s chest I turn around to see Mrs O’Connell and the doctor looking at me worriedly.

“Hmm?”

“Did you.. want to see your father?” She hesitantly asks as Gabriel stiffens behind me.

Sniffing, I wipe my eyes as I try and figure out if that’s what I wanted. I need this I think to myself as I lift my head to look at the two worried people standing in front of me. Nodding my head, I feel Gabriel grab my hand as I follow the doctor towards a different room.

We soon stop in front of a closed room door, clearing my throat I remove my hand from Gabriel’s grip before silently walking towards the door. Pushing down on the handle, I slowly walk into the room closing it behind me and leaning against it.

“You aren’t meant to be here.” I whisper as I walk towards him.

“I don’t what I’m doing wrong but I’m obviously doing something wrong if everyone keeps leaving.” Shakily I reach over and place my hand over his cold one.

“I am so sorry.” I whisper as I drop to my knees and placing my head onto the mattress crying.

I stay in that position for what feels like hours before I hear a knock on the door bringing me back to reality. Lifting my head I turn it towards my dad, who looks peaceful something I wish I was, leaning over I place a kiss on his forehead before getting up and walking over to the door.

Opening it up I’m instantly crushed into another body, not bothering to pull away I wrap my arms around their neck as more tears escape.

“Let’s get you home honey.” Mrs O’Connell whispers in my ear as we pull away from each other, both wiping the tears from our eyes.

Following behind her, I’m instantly reminded that Gabriel is present when I feel his hand wrap around mine. Leaning into his side, he wraps his arm around me pulling me closer as we walk silently towards his car.

As soon as we get to Gabriel’s house, I rush towards my room and lock the door ensuring that no one will be able to come to me. I spend the whole night crying and it's certainly evident in my face I think as I prod my puffed eyes as I stand in front of the bathroom mirror.

Sighing I splash some cold water over my face before walking out to grab some clothes to wear to school before walking back into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Looking at myself in the mirror I look slightly better, my eyes are still red indicating that I’ve been crying but the puffiness has disappeared.

"Go to school and pretend that your life is normal, hide from the people trying to help you.” I shake my head clenching my jaw as I become angry at myself.

Walking out I pick up my back pack before quietly running down the stairs and towards the front door, trying my hardest not to be heard. Sighing as the cool wind hits my face I pull up my hoodie and start my journey towards school.

As soon as I get to school I realise that I am half an hour early and only a few students loiter around the front, deciding to use this to my advantage I enter the school and walk down the empty hallway. Rushing towards the fire staircase I walk up towards the rooftop.

I walk over to the large, rectangular air vent and sit down with my back leaning against it. I spend a large portion of the day hiding up on the rooftop ignoring the sounds of the people below and the school bell that sounds.

"Why am I here?" I question, running my hand through my hair.

"To hide from people, to hide from reality, because you're a coward and can't face the world." I answer my question clenching and unclenching my hands.

"You're not a coward Ava." Looking up from the gravel beneath me I watch as Gabriel walks towards me before sitting in front of me.

“So this is where you’ve been hiding.” Gabriel's voice echoes.

“I’m not hiding, I just need time to think.” I say softly looking away from him.

“Ava I know that-“

“No Gabriel you don’t know, because it hasn’t happened to you and telling me that “it will get better” or trying to tell me some bullshit to make me feel better won’t mean anything. I’ve lost the only family I have and you can’t tell me that it will be okay because I don’t want okay I want normal!” My voice cracks as I stand up, running my hands through my hair.

Turning around from Gabriel I rush towards the door reaching out I grab the handle and pull open the door only for it to be slammed back in my face. Standing there with wide eyes, I turn my head to see Gabriel walking towards me.

“Sorry Ava but you’re not running anywhere.” I hear Diesel’s muffled yell from behind the door.

Feeling Gabriel’s chest pressed up against my back, I try to walk away from him only to have him grab my hips, keeping me in place. He leans his head against my back pulling me closer to him, ignoring my struggles.

“Ava you of all people should know that you can’t push me away.” He whispers as I stop struggling.

“I feel like I have a million plates and I’m constantly spinning them to keep them from falling but in the end every effort and every attempt is futile because they end up falling anyway.”

Clenching my jaw I look down at the floor beneath me trying to stop the tears from falling. Taking in a deep breath, I feel Gabriel shift behind me turning me around so that I’m facing him, shaking my head I take a step back but his grip doesn’t loosen on me.

“You can’t shut me out Ava, I won’t let you.” He murmurs, running his hand through my hair.

Without saying anything else he gently runs his hand over my cheek before pulling me closer to him. Leaning down he places a kiss on my forehead and takes a step back, moving to grab my hand as we leave the roof.

As we walk down the stairs and into the hallway I see the boys standing against the locker as they watch Maddi pace back and forth in front of them. When our footsteps are heard Maddi runs to and gives me the longest hug while repeatedly saying sorry, which quickly results in my crying on her shoulder.

Pulling out of her embrace I wipe my tears away but stop when I cry even harder when the boys pull me into a group hug. When the hugs are all over I follow Gabriel to his car as he takes me back to his place.

“Come on Ava let’s get you inside.” I move my head from the window to see the car parked in front of the house.

Opening the door I walk towards the house with Gabriel close beside me, before I can walk up the stairs Gabriel grabs my hand and gently pulls me in the direction of the kitchen. Quietly following behind we enter the kitchen and are met by both his parents.

“Ava, I know that you just want to be alone right now but we just need to know when you want to pack away everything in your house.” Mr O’Connell gently asks making me look up.

“Now.” I nod wanting to get it over and done with as soon as possible.

“Honey are you sure?” Gabriel’s mom asks surprised at my reply.

“I want to get it over and done with.” I whisper, my voice cracking at the end.

Driving down to my house is tense, Gabriel tightly holds my hand as the only sound in the car is the softly playing radio. My mind is a whirlwind filled with angry thoughts and memories of the past that almost killed me.

Parking in front of my house I get out of the car and follow behind everyone as we make our way into the house. Picking up one of the boxes that are scattered around the hallway I start to walk up the stairs heading to the most important room.

Standing in the doorway to the bedroom, I look around seeing how neat everything is. Spotting a photo frame by the side of the bed I walk over and pick it up to see a picture of a younger me smiling wide showing the world the teeth I had lost.

Taking a deep breath I put the photo frame back down, not wanting to disturb the peace within the room although there is a raging war within me. Looking at the cardboard box in my hand, I place it next to the bed before walking over to the closet and opening it up.

Gently I run my hand over the shirts that have been hung up eagerly waiting to be worn again. Feeling my throat close up, I release I strangled sob as my tears gush down my face not bothering to wipe them away.

I stand there looking at his clothes as the tears race down my face, breathing in his musky pine smell something I’ll never be accustomed to again. Breathing in, I wipe my face and reach into the closet stripping the shirts from the hangers before walking over to the bed.

Dropping the shirts onto the bed, I sit next to them and slowly pick up one shirt, placing it into my lap as I start to fold it. Looking at the neatly folded shirt in my lap, I lift it up towards my face inhaling his smell as I break out into another round of tears.

Releasing the shirt I cover my face as I cry, trying my best to stop the tears but my attempts are futile as the tears continue to come. Feeling my body start to shake, I struggle to get a hold of myself, chocking on the tears and struggling to breathe.

What feels like hours but are probably minutes I finally manage to control my emotions, clearing my throat I shakily run my hands over my face wiping away the tears. Dropping my gaze to the floor, I don’t bother looking up as heavy footsteps approach the bedroom door.

Feeling my eyes start to water again, I angrily release a cry of frustration before covering my face with my hands to hide my sobs. I’m suddenly pulled into an embrace, I don’t have to look up to know its Gabriel and instead of pulling away I wrap my hands around him pulling him closer to me.

One of his hands wrap around my waist securing me in the hug while the other softly strokes my hair making me feel safe, making me feel protected. As the tears start to fade away, I lean my head against his shoulder breathing in.

“Ava.” He whispers before stepping back and leaning his forehead against mine.

“I can’t do this.” I whisper, biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying.

“You aren’t going to go through this alone, I promise.” He assures me running his fingers underneath my eyes, getting rid of the tears.

“Can you help me please?” I ask in a clear voice, proud at the fact that I managed to do it.

“Of course I will Angel.” He smiles leading me back to the bed and helping me fold the shirts.

The afternoon quickly comes to an end and not once did Gabriel leave my side which makes me internally smile. I'm proud of the fact that I didn’t start to cry again while packing everything away and I was a bit embarrassed when I found myself thinking about kissing Gabriel during random parts of the afternoon.

Walking out of the bathroom the steam from my shower flows into the room, my room in my new home. Biting my lip I look around the room and just like that it feels like I’ve been punched in the face with a new round of emotions.

Struggling to breathe I let out a whisper cry before rushing towards the door and quietly down the hall, as my tears spill down my face. Reaching the room I'm looking for, I quietly open it and step into the darkness.

“What the fuck? Who’s there?” His tired husky voice resonates through the room.

“Gabriel.” I croak before I start crying.

As soon as he hears my voice the bedside lamp illuminates the room making it easier for me to see him. He quickly sits up pushing the blankets away from him as he attempts to come over to me but I beat him to it as I race over to his side and practically throw myself onto him as I bawl my eyes out.

“Oh angel.” He whispers pulling me under the covers and turning the lamp off as I cry.

********
A/N: Holy Shit people you guys
are reaching these goals WAY too
fast!!

Like seriously I only have 5 more
chapters to write till this story is
officially over!!! WHATTT

Anywhooo this chapter is dedicated
to Staceyreiri99 your comment made
me smile because of the way that I
read it…which now makes me sound
like a weirdo…..

Okay so I’m raising the goals really
high because I want to prolong me
ending this story, so the goal is

750 reads
75 votes

Got a bit teary when i edited this
oh lordy!

*edited 2/02/15*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 62.1K 69
Aurora life took a major turn, pain and suffering only made her stronger. Growing up with abusive parents, the only way she made it out alive was to...
238K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
619K 15.7K 40
Avery was not an average, well behaved 17-year-old girl living a happy life. She was an underground fighter, a street racer, and had even gotten mixe...
629 16 9
Leilani was ready to leave high school behind her, along with the annoying boy that she'd come to hate due to that one night. But little did she know...