Give Me A Reason To Believe

By KingOfDarknessGerard

Sequel to Give Me A Better Cause To Lead. Gerard Way lives in New York for over a year now, and Frank hasn't... More

Give Me A Reason To Believe
2. He Lived In A Cemetery
3. Trust
4. Like Butane On My Skin
5. Of Course I Love You, You Asshole
6. Why Can't I Have You?
7. Knives Cut Deep
8. Take My Heart And Run
9. Something Romantic About These Cheimcals.
10. It Starts With A Bloody Nose
11. Skylines And Turnstiles

1. Life Now

1.3K 68 17
By KingOfDarknessGerard

A/N: Hey... read, comment, vote/comment. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. Yea, enjoy. -Gerard

____________________________________________________________________________________

Frank sat in his garage, tuning his guitar at his house in Belleville, New Jersey. His grandparents had chosen to move there after a while of living in Manhattan, New York. They moved right across the street from Linda Iero's house, his mother's. He hadn't gone in that house since he left to New York with Gerard that night. And he hadn't seen Gerard Way since the night they stayed at the Crowe's house, and that was a year and a half ago.

Frank Iero was now in a band with a few of his buddies. It was called Pencey Prep, the members were Frank as the lead singer and guitarist, John 'Hambone' McGuire as bass and backing vocals, Tim Hagevik as drums, and Shaun Simon as the keyboards and synthesizer. THey were friends, and they had made a few songs, Mikey ocasionally came across the street and sat in the garage when they practiced. John sometimes got some pointers from Mikey since he played bass as well.

He looked up at Mikey who stood in the door of the garage with his arms crossed. Frank lifted his head and smiled lightly at the taller boy. Mikey Way was Gerard's younger brother, he seemed okay that Gerard had left again, he knew that Gerard almost died the night Frank left with him. "Hey." Mikey said with his signature PokerFace. ( :| )

"Hey, Mikes'." Frank replied, he set his guitar down and stood up to go brofist Mikey. Mikey smiled at him and walked into the garage and took a seat on a chair beside Frank's earlier seat.

"What are you doing later?" Mikey asked curiously.

"Uh, probably this, but nothing really. Why?" Frank said.

"Well, Ray and I are going to hang out with Jepha. And Ray asked me to ask you if you wanted to come." Mikey told him. Frank thought for a moment, he didn't have band practice today, and he hadn't hung out with any of the Gang in a while.

"Sure, that sounds cool." Frank said with a smile. "When you leavin?" Frank asked standing up, he began to put his guitar away and close the garage door. All the band equipment was stored in the garage, he didn't want any of those crazy idiots from New Jersey to think it was open to take. He walked inside with Mikey and up to his room where Frank changed into a t-shirt rather than a men's tank top.

"Well, Ray is gunna come pick us up in a few minutes. I just gotta tell him when." Mikey answered as Frank and him walked back down to the normal floor of the house. Grandma Iero stood in the kitchen making mashed potatoes.

"Where are you two boys going?" Grandma Iero asked pausing from her mashing. Frank smiled at her and she looked at Mikey and grinned and came over to hug him. Grandma Iero basically loved everyone especially Mikey because he wasn't as loud as Bert normally was. Frank and Bert hung out a lot, it was good for Frank because it got his mind off things especially when Bert would do some stupid shit.

"Well, Ray is coming to get us and then we're gunna hang out with Jepha." Mikey explained hugging her back awkwardly. Frank had an amused expression, Mikey was awkward a lot unless he was with Ray because they were closest out of the three of them, and since Gerard was gone, Mikey spent a lot of time with Ray rather than his hermiting brother.

"Oh that sounds nice, if you boys are drinking. Don't get caught and stay the hell out of trouble." Grandma Iero said smiling at him, she patted Frank's shoulder and walked back to the counter to continue mashing the potatoes. Frank grinned and the two boys walked out the front door and Mikey called Ray on his cellphone. Damn, Mikey loved his cellphone, he was always playing on it and Frank found it hilarious because he'd get so sucked into the damn thing.

They sat on the porch steps until Ray's car pulled into the driveway, he was a Senior this year, he came to school a year late, so if he didn't he would have graduated with Gerard and Bert last year. Frank and Mikey were both Juniors now. Jepha, Quinn, Bob, and Dan were also Seniors, yet Bob went to school earlier than normal, he would have been in Frnak and Mikey's grade. Alex was a Senior with Ray and the rest of the Gang.

The two boys hopped off the porch and scampered to the car, Frank made it to the passenger seat first screaming 'Shot Gun!' as he did so Mikey had to sit in the back. He was laughing hard because Frank was the tiniest of them all yet he could run a hell of a lot faster than both Ray and Mikey combined.

"Hey Frankie!" Ray said smiling and giggling at Frank's panting because he ran to hard and intense. Ray's fro bobbed up and down when his chest rose and fell. "Okay, so Jepha's we go!" Ray said nodding his head, he put the car in Drive and began to drive the vehicle. Frank fidgeted with the radio until he got it to play Ray's Black Flag cd. Ray chuckled at that.

It was a twenty minute drive to Jepha's house, so Frank leaned his head on the window and thought and listened to the music. He thought about Gerard, he didn't know why he bothered to think about Gerard. Gerard had been the biggest asshole that night. Yet, he had to admit, he felt horrible because Gerard could have died that night. But Victor had told him that he didn't a few days later. Frank knew that Gerard had graduated from teh school Victor and Serena Crowe had signed him up for.

He had to admit, he really did love Gerard, but then he felt himself get crushed when Gerard said he hated him the last night they saw eachother. That's the night when Gerard overdosed on cocaine. Frank wanted to punch the idiot in the face. He did that night because Gerard had gone baslistic on him because Frank took away the alcohol. He felt soemwhat lost really, he did miss Gerard even if the black haired boy really hated him. He assumed that everyone missed him too.

The car came to a stop and they were at Jepha's house. Ray cut the engine and they all got out, there was another car in teh driveway that wasn't of any of the Howard's household owners. Ray trotted up to the front door and knocked and let himself in. Frank and Mikey followed. Even from outside all they could hear was music.

"Hey!!! We're here!" Ray screamed as he headed towards the basement door. Frank looked around slightly, he hadn't been here a lot. They normally hung around Mikey's house or Bert's. Frank followed Mikey and Ray down to the basement where the heavy raw live music was playing. The music instantly died down as they opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and Bert shrieked.

"Holy meese!" Bert shrieked loudly, Frank smirked at that, Gerard had made that a habit of a lot of people. Mikey ocasionally said 'holy unicorn' and sometimes they mostly said 'what the shit. or what the fuck'.

"What?" Ray asked sitting down on a couch, Frank finally entered the room behind Mikey and realized they were all playing instruments. Frank smiled at them and Bert scampered over and tackled Frank.

"I had no idea you guys were here already." Jepha said laughing.

"I screamed that we were here." Ray told him.

"Yea, we didn't hear you obviously. I think Bert's scared noise notified that." Dan said chuckling.

"Shut up!" Bert said over his shoulder laughing and clinging to Frank. Frank was shortest of them all, and Bert was trying to get a piggie back ride, Bert was five foot seven. "I wasn't expecting it. Plus, when a door flies open at home, you fuckin' run." Bert said wrapping his arms around Frank's shoulders to keep himself up. Frank walked awkwardly to the couch and sat down laughing. Bert awkwardly sat behind him still trying to cling to Frank.

"Well you have a crazy home, Roberty." Ray said looking at him wtih a smile. Frank laughed at Ray's nickname for him, he didn't understand why it was that bad to Bert, because Bert hated it with a burning passion.

"Yes, it really is, Bert." Dan said fiddlign with his drumsticks.

"So why'd you guys stop? It sounded great upstairs." Mikey said looking at the small group that played music. They weren't really a band yet, and Frank had no idea if they would be.

"Because Bert's scared of you guys." Quinn said smiling at the long black haired boy. Bert grunted. "He really is, not just cause you suddenly appeared, he's really terrified."

"Why would I be terrified?" Bert asked narrowing his eyes.

"Because we all know you're scared of people watching you sing." Jepha said laughing. Bert shot him a glare and frowned crossing his arms around Frank's shoulders.

"Shut up, its awkward. I can't even sing good." Bert said nervously. Frank looked at him and laughed. Mikey got up and walked over to Jepha and took his bass and sat down on the couch once more. Jepha watched him as Mikey played a few notes. Frank had to think about Mikey and how good he played. Mikey played bass like a boss, even better than Jepha and any other bass player alive. Ray was a guitar God, yet he didn't play for them because he didn't want to show everyone how good he could really play. They knew he played and when he showed them he was beign goofy on purpose when he did play.

"You can sing good." Jepha said looking at Bert with narrowed eyes. "Trust me dude." Jepha ordered, Bert sighed and nodded.

"I'm still not singing in front of you guys." Bert said, he rested his head on Frank's shoulder. Everyone looked at him and he smile small. "Not even if you all try and pressure me into it." Bert stated.

"You'll probably end up getting high and doing it anyway." Quinn said laughing. Bert sighed and nodded his head with a small laugh. The rest of the day went on with them all laughing and talking. And near midnight, Ray dropped Mikey and him off at the centre of their road where they each got out and went to their houses that were right across the street from eachother.

Frank head up to his bedroom and laid down yawning in exhaustion. He fell asleep and had dreams about missing Gerard, and seeing him again. He had to admit, he really was missing Gerard. It had been so long since that night. And Gerard never called, texted or anything. He just kind of disappeared. He started to wonder, what if no one missed him at all?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 576 39
Most of the time, you have no idea what people are going through. You purely Base your judgement on how that person acts or how they look like. You d...
3.8K 260 19
My first fan fiction. Gerard Way is in school and has no friends except his brother, Mikey. But then he meets Frank Iero, the new boy, and becomes fr...
706 50 23
the world is coming to an end. every human is tested and separated into 3 groups; the elite, the gifted, and the unwanted. Gerard Way was placed in t...
176K 10.3K 39
Gerard way and Frank Iero have always passed each other in the hallway but never spoke a word to one another. They are both alike in many ways. Both...