Rebel High

By RebelsDarkness

Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in sec... More

Note!!
Lesson One
Lesson Two
Lesson Three
Lesson Four
Lesson Five
Lesson Six
Lesson Seven
Lesson Eight
Lesson Ten
Lesson Eleven
Lesson Twelve
Lesson Thirteen
Lesson Fourteen
Lesson Fifteen
Lesson Sixteen
Lesson Seventeen
Lesson Eighteen
Lesson Nineteen
Lesson Twenty
Lesson Twenty-One
Lesson Twenty-Two
Lesson Twenty-Three
Lesson Twenty-Four
Lesson Twenty-Five
Lesson Twenty-Six
Lesson Twenty-Seven
Lesson Twenty-Eight
Lesson Twenty-Nine
Lesson Thirty
Lesson Thirty-One
Lesson Thirty-Two
Lesson Thirty-Three
Lesson Thirty-Four
Lesson Thirty-Five
Lesson Thirty-Six
Lesson Thirty-Seven
Lesson Thirty-Eight
Lesson Thirty-Nine
Lesson Forty
Lesson Forty-One
Lesson Forty-Two
Lesson Forty-Three
Lesson Forty-Four
Lesson Forty-Five
Lesson Forty-Six
Lesson Forty-Seven
Lesson Forty-Eight
Book 2!!! Please read
Second Book!!

Lesson Nine

16.8K 487 64
By RebelsDarkness

Lesson Nine - Grades Don't Measure Intelligence And Age Doesn't Define Maturity.

Sighing in frustration I slammed my phone down on the table. My brother Damon looked at me with a raised eyebrow as he continued to eat his breakfast.

He was always eating, every time I seen him it was all he was doing. I was surprised he wasn't the size of the house.

"What's wrong with you?"

"The man who gave me the file in the first place won't give me another copy and the information that was gotten from the other person isn't even answering their phone."

There was no doubt I knew why though. No one had to tell me who did this, I already knew.

Riker Kennedy.

Even the thought of his name now annoyed me. He was always one step ahead and I needed to get ahead of this little game we were playing.

There was no way I would let someone beat me.

"Have you offered them money?" Damon asked not really seeming to be as interested in the conversation as the food in front of him.

I looked at him like he was stupid. Sometimes I wondered what type of breed he was because clearly he wasn't the same as me. "We're rich of course I offered him money you fucking idiot."

"Offered who money?"

Glancing at my father from the corner of my eye I watched as he walked into the dinning room. He had the paper in his hand and a coffee in the other. He always made his own coffee claiming that no one could make it better than himself.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I said pushing away my plate that was only half eaten and standing up straight. "I need to go get ready for school."

He just nodded and didn't push the matter on the money. I was sure if this was any normal family I would've been killed or at least questioned about the money but at the end of the day we aren't a normal family. Plus my father has more money to burn than what he would care to keep track off.

An hour later I was picking up Sky from her house. Her parents had taken away her cars when they found out she didn't get perfect marks in one of her resent tests.

With a sigh she got into my car and leaned back in the seat. I looked at her carefully before pulling out of her long driveway.

"What's wrong with you?"

"My parents are being dicks again. They said I better get full marks on the next test or else they are bringing in my tutor again. I hate that man he's old, creepy and does nothing but stare at me. It gives me the creeps." She shivered almost seeming to remember the memory of last time.

"I don't understand why your parents are so hard on you. You get top marks and are getting far better grades than anyone else. Even my grades look like shit next to yours." I commended with a frown. I wouldn't be lying if I said it didn't worry me with the amount of pressure they put on her at times. They needed to remember that you couldn't ask the impossible of someone all the time just because they did it once.

"I know but trying telling them that. All they care about is if I got them all correct or not which I sometimes think is impossible."

She's right it's not possible to always get full marks. My father knew school was important and took it seriously but it was nothing compared to her parents. My dad wanted me to still have fun at the end of the day but her parents acted like it was a life sentence just to get one question wrong.

"Anyway enough about me, how's you?" She asked starting to search through her bag.

"Same old drama, Riker Kennedy is at the top of my hit list this week."

Sky stopped looking through her bag for what ever it was she was hunting for and glanced at me with a raised eyebrow. I knew where she was going with that look. She always loved these kind of situations. Me and her were complete opposites when it came to stuff like this.

"You two seem to be getting in each other's way a lot these days."

Turning into the schools parking lot I sighed slightly dreading another week of this place. I couldn't wait till it was over. School wasn't were I was going to succeed in life.

The world honestly didn't know what will hit it when I leave this place.

"Aren't you going to reply." Sky looked amused as I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. I knew what she was thinking but I wasn't having any of it.

After another moment of silence she spoke again. "You still talking to Dayton?"

"Nope." I called it quits on that in the middle of last week. He was a bit weird and not in the good way. He kept texting me and always wanting to met up. Don't get me wrong some girls would love that but I'm not crazy on the whole 'always being together' situation. Plus we weren't going out to begin with, it was just a bit of fun.

"What happened?" She asked as I parked the car in my spot.

"Nothing, he just wasn't right for me." As harsh as it sounded it was the truth. I didn't need someone who didn't have the same drive as me. Dayton was handed everything and had no goals to go on to build his family name. Me on the other hand wanted to build my family name so much that I wouldn't be able to go to another country without everyone knowing who Lyra Anderson was.

Opening my door wide I went to get out but not before a car slammed into the door bending it back. Me and sky gasped in shock. Looking at each other for a moment not believing what happened. Slowly I started to get out of my car. It was like my brain wasn't registering what had happened and I don't think I wanted to truly know.

This needed to be a nightmare or I swear I'll murder. 

My beautiful baby had pretty much lost it's door.

I seen red.

Someone was going to pay for this.

Looking up to see who dared to do this to my car. Everyone in this whole school knew this was my baby. They don't even dare go near it or breath near it, never mind take the door clean off.  Riker got out of the Lamborghini that had just smashed into my car. There was damage on the front of his own car but I couldn't care less about his and frankly it didn't look like he cared either.

There was large devilish grin on his face.

He had done this on purpose.

"What the fuck do you think your doing." I screamed looking at my baby. It was my pride and joy. My dad had got me my BMW I8 for my 16th birthday. It was my first proper car and I had to beg my dad for it because he was just going to give me one of the many ones in the garage.

So much work had been put into this car on my part to make it into what it was today. It was now one of a kind and there was no way I could do what I've done to it again.

"That's for butting into business that you shouldn't be looking through."

I actually couldn't believe him. He just ripped off my car door because of that stupid fucking file. All it did was make me even more curious on what could've been in it but at the moment I had even more pressing matters.

Like my fucking door.

"It makes it look better if you ask me." He slammed his car door closed and had walked around to face the damage that he had just caused.

He. Just. Crossed. The. Line.

"Better?" I growled out. I was pretty sure I just felt the whole student body flinch and take a step back. He was pushing his luck right now, that was for sure.

"Lyra." Spoke Sky quietly behind me but she knew herself that nothing she said was going to calm me down. He had crossed the line and I was more than willing to square up to him with the challenge.

No one did this and got away with it.

No one.

"Yes 'better' are you deaf?" Riker asked seeming to be curious about the question. I all but dived for him but was cut short by the appearance of Damon and Jake showing up to hold me back. I hadn't even seen them show up yet or even walk over to us.

"I am actually going to fucking kill you." I tried to reach out to him but the boys wouldn't let me go.

"Now, now princess you wouldn't do that to little old me." He smirked and I wanted to do nothing but rip off his God damn head. I didn't care who was holding me he had just crossed the line.

"You son of a-"

"ENOUGH!"

Everyone froze. It was the voice of a man no one would dare to cross apart from two people.

Zane Knight.

My ex boyfriend and nothing but bad news to this school and this City.

Riker turned to look at him, his playful sort of smirk now turned into a hard glare. Everyone knew that Zane and Riker didn't get on and that was saying it lightly.

Everyone knew what could happen when the two of them were near each other. It didn't matter if it was school grounds.

Everywhere was their playing field.

My car door was forgotten about quick enough as I watch the stare down happen between the two males in front of me.

Zane Knight was good looking in fact him and Riker were in their own league together. Zane had light brown hair and deep mysterious brown eyes. Tattoos ran up in arms but unlike Riker that's all he had and I would know that best.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Riker almost growling out the question. I could hear the whole female population squeal at the sound. I did nothing but roll my electric blue eyes knowing this wasn't a safe place to be.

The female population should be moving away from the testosterone level not getting closer.

"I go to this school as well you know?" Zane looked at Riker carefully almost like he was trying to plan his next move. That's something I knew Zane always did. After all he was the heir to his fathers company and let's just say it wasn't completely legal.

"I thought you left." This time I spoke up. Riker glanced at me from the corner of my eyes almost like he was saying shut up. I ignored him of course.

Zane looked me over. When I once might have felt butterflies at that look, I felt nothing.

Me and Zane were long since done.

"I had, but now I'm back is that such a crime?"

Staying silent I looked at Damon and Jake and nodded for us to leave. We didn't need to get in the middle of this. I had been in the middle of plenty of Zane's problems but this was one that I wanted to stay the hell away from. Then I remembered my car door and glared at Riker once more.

I would never forget about this.

"You better fix this." As I walked away I heard Riker call out after me I could hear the snap in his tone. His annoyance wasn't directed at me though but I got the message loud and clear.

"I think I have bigger things to worry about right now, Princess." I could hear it in his voice. He said princess loud and clear almost like he wanted to piss Zane off. Him calling me that had always been a problem in our relationship.

Zane even thought there was something going on between us at one point.

All it was, was Riker trying to get under his skin and more times than enough it worked.

An hour later and the school was still buzzing about Zane reappearance. When everything had calmed down between Zane and Riker, well as calm as could be for those two. Our friends ran up to greet Zane and welcome him back.

Me on the other hand actually couldn't give a crap but there was one thing for sure. With Zane's return the school was even more divided than before.

The South Side had their 'leader' back as one of the boys had put it. No, what we had back was basically a future mafia leader. By watching Riker and Zane in the same building as each other it looked like Riker knew he had a challenge now.

What me and Riker had was just a pure rivalry thing. My family was nothing like his and we came from to different words. Zane's though were in the same line of business as his own and that's how I knew problems were about to appear.

After school when it finished I looked at my car once more with a sigh. There was no way I was going to drive home my baby like that. Sky looked at it as well with sad eyes but not for the same reason.

"How are we getting home?" She asked. That would be a normal persons concern. I couldn't really give a crap about that. I just wanted my baby to have its door back on.

That wasn't to much to ask for.

"Where's Jake?"

"At football practice. It will be a while before he's finished." There was no way we would be getting home anytime soon if we waited for him.

As I turned around I seen Riker walk over to his car and glance at us, then at my car. With a blank face he spoke. "Get in, I'll drive you home."

Looking at the car and then at Sky I then looked back to Riker. He seemed to be forgetting something in this little plan of his.

Either that or he couldn't count.

"Your car is only a two seater soooo I don't think that solves the problem."

He looked at Sky then called over one of his friends who was standing at the school doors talking to someone.

"Bring her home." Then he looked at me a serious expression on his face. "Get in. I need to talk to you."  Before I could even argue I knew I was better off getting in. Something in Riker's voice told me he wasn't going to be taking shit today. Even though it was me that should be bossing him about.

Before I could even put on my seat belt Riker was driving out of the car park. He was a man on a mission to get away from school that was clear to see. I didn't know if it was the actual place it's self or the fact that Zane was probably still there.

Looking at him from the corner of my eye I could see his hand gripping the steering wheel tight, his knuckles turning white. His strong jaw was clenched.

He was pissed.

That look on him was dangerous. I didn't know what he was thinking when his mind was in this place.

"What's wrong?" I asked almost scared of the answer. No one scared me but Riker in that moment was freaking me out. Between the speed of the car and his expression I didn't know which one was making me more uncomfortable.

Though speed wasn't the problem I didn't like being in a car were I wasn't the driver. I liked the sense of control of what was going to happen.

"You need to get rid of him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 12.9K 22
The ideal life for everybody is to have a rich family, 6 brothers that adore you, a wonderful boyfriend, and have perfect life. Right? Wrong...
159 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
Chaos High By Nat

Teen Fiction

234K 8.4K 51
Lyra Anderson had spend the last three years focusing solely on getting what she wanted. Now she was starting to make that mark on the world that she...
1K 104 24
"You guys I had the most epic night," I say as I take my seat, sipping from my bottle of coke and then I glance round the table and I see him, I almo...