Love After the Streets

Galing kay _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... Higit pa

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

5.)

4.3K 152 47
Galing kay _jasthewriter

GABBY
The next day

"Who's Sebastián? I asked looking at the envelope Nate had sitting on the desk. "Some guy Aug and Nell were doing business with. He's who they're ending da contract with."

"Contract?" I asked and he chuckled. "Business contract, they don't wanna renew it and I guess he's gonna try to talk dem into not leaving." He explained.

"Why do people try to keep people in the game? Especially when they're trying to leave and better their lives?" I asked.

"It's normal to dem, they feel like people like dat should give em their life, my pops always told me "Yuh haffi one way in but two ways out."

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Prison or dead." He answered and I frowned.

"Well... that's not pretty nice." I replied and he laughed sitting on the side of the bed and put his sneakers on.

"Da Streets ain't nice, it's jus a way to provide for yourself and fam temporarily until you come across something better." He stated, that I agreed with.

"If you and I met differently, do you think I'd be fit for the "street" life?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Not at all ma, streets ain't for everyone it's just a way to survive and provide. But you? Nah, you're too pretty for dat and way too smart to even have dat thought in your head." He said handing me his black bomber jacket.

"So because I'm pretty I'm built for the streets?" I asked smirking and he chuckled.

"That got nothing to do wit it ma, I'm saying I know you, which means it ain't built for you." He clarified.

"At least you think of it like that." I said then smiled and he smirked grabbing his wallet.

"I'm yo man, I'm supposed to want better for you and think better of you ma. I wouldn't be me if I thought any less babygirl."

Smiling, I grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I love you Pooh Bear." I cooed and he laughed.

"Come on wit da name G." He replied and I giggled hugging him.

"What's wrong with Pooh Bear?" I teased and he busted out laughing.

"No comment ma, no comment."

**

TRINA
Same day

"Since Sky and August ain't here, y'all wanna use us?" Nate joker after slapping hands with Nell.

"You know we love y'all." Nell said once we sat down.

We were having brunch at iHop.

"You know it's all love." Nate replied and I smiled looking over Gabby's outfit. "Q did your braids?" I asked.

"Yeah, he started to grip my edges and I had a fit." She replied and we both laughed.

"I see you beat your face to the Gods."

"Yes girl! I had to do a slight beat for the day." I laughed flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"You look good sis, skin glowing, lips popping, body snatched, just popping all over." She complimented and I stuck my tongue out doing a dance in my seat.

"Alright now." Nell said giving me a look and Nate busted out laughing.

You heard about da new gang that's supposed to be moving out here?" Nate asked Nell once we got our food.

"Yeah, da boys been talking about it at da shop. Supposedly they're supposed to be opening up a business out here as well." He answered pouring syrup over his waffles.

"So is it a new gang or business?" Gabby confused ass asked and I laughed cutting up my sausages.

"New gang and business, meaning possible trouble or competition." Nell clarified.

"Don't gangs have a respect thing to ask before they try to move into someone else's territory?" She asked stirring her grits.

"I mean yeah, it would be nice, but not everyone thinks like dat. If it's money they'll go for it. But it's a level of respect they're supposed to have, so I guess we'll have to see if they'll have respect for what Aug and Nell dem already created." Nate told her and I nodded.

"Are y'all gonna try to meet them?"

"If they come around, sure, but we don't go out tryna make friends, we got all we got." Nell replied and she nodded.

"I got a bad feeling about this." I mumbled.

"I thought I was the only one." Gabby said and I laughed shaking my head.

"I swear we have da wildest group of women who seem to always think negative about every situation." Nate laughed.

"Welcome to da fam bruh." Nell said and I squinted my eyes at him.

I had enough of them trying to play us.

**

AUGUST

"I kind of don't wanna go back home." Sky pouted as we laid on the couch watching this damn show called 'Charmed'

"Just last night, you were upset because you were missing Bre." I reminded and she frowned.

"I do miss her, but I like this alone time. I feel like we don't get enough of it." She admitted and I smirked.

"All of dat will change from here on out aight?"

"I still have to work and so do you." She said. "So what? We still have personal days and don't even gotta stay for full shifts, did you forget you own da building?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I like working."

"And you like being under me?" I added and she nodded smiling. "You are indeed spoiled ma." I told her and she giggled.

"Look who I'm dating." She replied and I chuckled looking at her. "What dat gotta do wit me?" I asked.

"You can't complain because you made me this way."

"Is that so?" I questioned raising a brow. "Mhm." She hummed picking up her bowl of pineapple chunks.

"Guess I gotta make some adjustments to dat." I joked and she gasped.

"Hell no, I will fight you." She said and I busted out laughing, I knew she was serious as hell.

"So aggressive bruh." I chuckled. "You make me aggressive playing all the damn time, don't get chopped in your throat." She warned and I kissed my teeth.

"You ain't chopping shit but da carrots in dat fridge." I said and she laughed hitting my arm.

"I can't stand you man."

"Well sit down." I joked which had her weak off her ass.

"Man." She laughed getting up and I chuckled sitting up.

"Where you going?" I asked when she headed out the living room.

"I gotta pee messing around with you."

"Nobody told yo ass to drink three cups of lemonade." I stated.

"Nobody told you to be funny!" She yelled turning the corner.

"I'll take dat."

Later that evening

"Sissy!!!!" Briel squealed running into Sky's arms.

"That was a quick vacation." Jenna said after I hugged her.

"Duty calls." I replied picking Bre up. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes, Auntie Jenna and me baked cookies, we made tacos then we made spaghetti and oh! We make fajitas!"

"Was it good?" I asked walking into the living room while Sky and Jenna went to talk.

"Yes, we were gonna make pizza tonight but... well you guys came." She said then pouted and I laughed.

"I messed up your plans?" I asked and she nodded.

"Aw man luh bit, my heart hurt." I joked and she laughed. "My heart hurts too, see." She said patting it and I laughed shaking my head.

"Just like your sister." I replied putting her down and she laughed running back into the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and powered it on.

"I heard there's new competition coming here soon." Jenna announced taking a seat next to me as I sent a quick text to Nell.

"It ain't nothing I'm gonna stress over, new cats don't last long around us." I replied putting my phone down.

"Cocky much?"

"Nah, it's just how it goes." I answered and she smirked.

"I feel like that's your way of you saying that y'all kill them off or scare them away?" She inquired and I laughed.

"Nah Jen, they just come in thinking they're da shit and end up going downhill faster than they thought. Nothing we do, it falls on dem." I explained.

"What do you think they'll bring to them table? You think they'll be better than the others that failed?"

"Only time will tell and only they can prove dat." I answered picking up my phone seeing my mom had messaged me.

"When are you guys supposed to meet with that Sebastián dude?" She asked.

"Soon."

"Are you really ready to give everything up?" She questioned and I nodded. "I have no love for dis lifestyle anymore. Although I made a way out of no way, dis stuff still caused nothing but heartache." I told her.

Nodding, she looked over at Sky and Bre.

"I really wish things could've been different for them... mainly Sky." She spoke then shook her head.

"With Simon?"

"Yeah, I just wish he would've changed for the better after what I've been through. I wish he hadn't stayed a messed up individual and ruined her mom's life and hers and the many women he laid down with. His life wasn't half as bad as mine, but he found any way to use it as an excuse." She explained then sighed.

"Still can't believe he allowed dat shit to happen to you." I said.

"In a way I wasn't surprised... I just thought things would be different with us after his dad was murdered.." she mumbled.

"You still find yourself drifting down memory lane about dat stuff?" I asked and she nodded.

"I know I shouldn't... but the more I think of my husband the more Simon and Brent start to come back into my mind and Nate was the main person that could help me with that... I wish he was here. There's so much I wanna tell him, so much I want him to see, he's supposed to be here with me, he should be here to see Sky, to play with Bre... he's su—." Stopping, she covered her mouth and stood up.

I went to say something but she shook her head and hurried out the living room.

I know exactly how she's feeling, there's not a day that goes by where I'm not thinking of Mel or wishing he could be here.

Every time I'm with my nieces I see a piece of him, sometimes I steer away from them because the memory of him hurts me too much.

I wish my dawg was still here.

**

MAMA SHEILA
the next day

"Look at you." I said pulling August into a tight hug. "Morning mama." He greeted handing me some dandelions.

Thanking him, I walked into the kitchen to put them in some water.

"How was the trip?" I asked taking out his food from the oven. "It was good, I think I'm gonna do it for her more often." He replied sitting at the table.

"You enjoyed yourself huh?" I asked grabbing the muffins out.

"I really did, I think she had more fun though." He answered after saying grace. "I'm glad you did, and again I'm sorry for how I did you in da past." I told him.

"Everything good wit us mama, we're better now that's all dat matters." He assured and I smiled.

"When da last time you spoke to Trav?" He asked. "Just da other day, he's been busy with work."

"Everything ok with y'all?" I asked sitting across from him. "Yeah we're good, you know how I like to vibe by my lonesome though." He answered.

"Yeah, which results in you shutting out da people dat cares for you."

"It ain't personal mama, it's how I am." He said. "Since Mel's passing." I mumbled and he looked at me briefly.

"Mhm." He hummed focusing back on his food.

"I'm taking da girls to da bowling alley next week, just a heads up if you want Bre and Niy to join them." I said deciding to change the subject.

"Long as it's during da weekend." He said and I laughed. "You act as if you're their father, but I understand." I assured and he chuckled.

"Those my Minnie me's."

"Hopefully that's a sign that you don't plan on giving me any extra grandchildren?" I inquired and he chuckled.

"Later, we're still having fun." He promised and I smiled.

"Does Skylar want kids or a kid?" I asked. "One moment she does, one moment she doesn't. She's confused that's all."

Laughing, I picked up a muffin and broke it in half.

"Do you think Bre plays a role in her decision?" I asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't want Bre to feel like we're gonna push her away or have her thinking she has work hard for our attention." He answered.

Nodding, I picked up my cup of coffee.

"Don't have any until you're ready and I would say it would be nice to talk to Bre about it just so she doesn't feel left in da dark." I told him and he nodded.

"Just like da girls, Bre knows I got nothing but love for her." He replied.

"Glad you know."

*
*
*

Just checked my schedule and they have me off until Friday.... so..... lol y'all know what that means.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

138K 7.1K 24
"Let's talk about the word "deserve" Or talk 'bout the world deserves: a queen (You queen) Let's talk about that four letter word: love. I think you...
113K 2.9K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
2.1K 44 6
-ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴇ- ᴍᴀᴛᴛʜᴇᴡ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴ -At a point in time there was a l...
43.6K 1.3K 31
Kendra Why won't he listen to me, when I tell him its a better life out there for him? Why is he turnin to that life? Why is he trying to be somethi...