Breaking Free » l.∤.

De phoebe_memeseok

[One Direction + 5sos ft. some AOT characters] Katie is a simple Californian girl. She has a stressful life b... Mais

Chapter 1 - It Started With A Pie
Chapter 2 - The Follow
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Sleepovers & Pepsi
Chapter 5 - Breaking The Ice
Chapter 6 - Forbidden
Chapter 7 - Just A Fan
Chapter 8 - Skype
Chapter 9 - The Baked Potato Co.
Chapter 10 - Hurricane Eudora
Chapter 11 - College Rescue
Chapter 12 - Hero
Chapter 13 - The Surprise
Chapter 14 - Adonna And Lewis
Chapter 15 - The Concert
Chapter 16 - The Quiet Dinner
Chapter 18 - Prom & Anime
Chapter 19 - Eleanor's Depression
Chapter 20 - Pain & Darkness
Chapter 21 - Last Hope
Chapter 22 - Ghosts and Pranks
Chapter 23 - Funeral
Chapter 24 - Drunk In Love
Chapter 25 - Harry's Anime Convention
Chapter 26 - Sasha & Levi
Chapter 27 - The Stars Over America
Chapter 28 - 5 Seconds of Ponies & Pervs
Chapter 29 - Kidnapped
Chapter 30 - Las Vegas
Chapter 31 - Katie's Demons
Chapter 32 - Happier Days
Chapter 33 - Broken Free (Final Chapter)

Chapter 17 - Broken Friendship

525 22 6
De phoebe_memeseok

Harry's POV:

"Look at this." Mr. Walus, one of our managers, had called us to an emergency meeting. He threw a pile of newspapers and magazines down in front of us. "Well, pick them up and read them. Don't just stare at them." Liam looked at me nervously and then picked up the first one.

"Harry Styles gets in heated fight with war veteran at Chet Trattoria." Liam read it quietly.

"Levi was not a veteran. He was just in the National Guard." I said.

"I know that! You know very well how the tabloids will exaggerate! Read the next one." Mr. Walus crossed his arms.

Liam picked up another one and read it out loud. "Louis and Niall court their misstresses to sample Californian couisine."

"Mistresses? Who? Katie and Emily?" Niall swiped the magazine out of Liam's hand and flipped through it.

Zayn picked up a magazine as well and read it out loud. "Ashton Irwin from One Direction's opening act 5 Seconds of Summer gets cozy under an umbrella with mysterious girlfriend."

"I want to know right now who's idea it was to take these fans out." Mr. Walus demanded. We all looked at Louis who took a deep breath before speaking up.

"It was me." He said quietly. "I'm sorry..."

"Your sorry? Your immature act has started dozens of rumors! We can't possibly extinguish them all! I hope you're happy!"

"Mr. Walrus, you we've never cared about what the tabloids say about us." Louis said and we all chuckled quietly at his joke.

"It's Mr. Walus, not Walrus. You know that. How many times do I have to say that?" The anger was burning in his eyes as he took turns staring at each of us. "How do you plan on taking care of this?"

"I don't." Louis said. "I've already told you, we don't care what people say. Do we?" Louis looked at us and we all shrugged. "If you care about it so much then you do something about it."

"Louis is right, this will all blow over soon." Liam said. "It always does, just wait for Justin Bieber to do something even worse and everyone will have forgotten."

"We'll see..." Mr. Walus walked out of the room, taking his magazines with him. We sat there in silence after he left. There was nothing to say really and we were all a bit hostile towards each other for one reason or another. It was only the next day since we saw the girls. One day and so much gossip had happened. I'll never know how they printed those pictures and wrote up those articles of lies so quickly. Everyone was upset with me for fighting with Levi. That was not the smartest thing I'd ever done and I was embarassed of it. I don't know why it happened, it just did. I know the paparazzi wouldn't have even bothered to show up if word hadn't got out about me and Levi fighting. Louis wasn't even speaking to me today. He was the most upset because it was sort of his night that I ruined and Eleanor had gotten hurt in the mess of photographers that showed up to see me fighting. What was the fight even more? Levi and Sasha have probably made up and are making out as we speak. What does she see in him? Is it the kicking? Because I can kick too? Emily and Niall probably had the best night out of everyone. They stayed out for several hours eating God knows how many ribs.

Katie's POV:

So somehow, I avoided getting on most of the news and was written off as Eleanor's 'friend.' No one cares about Eleanor because they think she's fake so basically I never even existed last night. However, Emily's face is all over the paper, sitting at a booth with Niall at Chili's. Angel mostly hung out with Ashton and since 5 Seconds of Summer are still so upopular most newspapers didn't care about her and Ashton very much. It was Harry's fight with Levi that was on the front page of every newspaper.

I went to school to find Emily and found something very unexpected. Emily was surrounded by giggling girls. Popular girls. The kind that used to snicker at us behind our backs. And she seemed to be enjoying their company? Why would she be hanging around them? And why did they like her? Oh...it's because of Niall I bet.

"Katie!" Emily called to me from down the hall. The group of girls talking to her saw me and looked disgusted. Emily walked away from them and moved over to me. The rest of the group just watched us in shock.

"What...what's going on with you and those girls?" I asked her.

"They're um, they wanna be friends I guess." Emily crossed her arms and looked at the girls behind her.

"But they're so...not your style?"

"They're only intersted in me because of Niall." Emily rolled her eyes. At least she knew they were being phony.

"That figures."

"Emily, come on. Come hang out with us. We want to hear more about Niall." Tia, the head cheerleader walked over to us and put her arm around Emily's neck.

"Um, ok. I guess. I'll see ya later Katie."

"Yeah. Ok." I sighed and watched the two walk away. What if I lose my friend to those girls?

"Can you believe the dance is already this week?" Someone sneaked up behind me and tapped my shoulder. It was Danny. Our relationship was quite weird. He hardly ever speaks to me and yet he asked me out to the dance? I don't understand that. However, hanging out with Louis made me realize something: I really wanted a boyfriend. Maybe I'd finally feel normal if I had a guy? Like Danny?

"I know, I thought it was going to be cancelled after the hurricane." Danny and I walked together down the hallway.

"Me too. I guess they only had to drain out the gym."

"Yeah."

Danny scratched the back of his neck and then turned away from me. "Well I better go. I'll see you at the dance, alright?"

"Sure." I can do better than Danny, can't I? He hardly even speaks to me because he's afraid of Tia catching us. In other words, he's afraid of a girl. To be fair, she's pretty intimidating though.

Emily's POV:

Katie asked me to hang out with her tonight so we could work on updating our blog but I turned her down. Even worse I lied to her. I told her I needed to take care of my mom tonight when I was actually invited to hang out with Tia and her friends at Starbucks. I felt terrible for it but...well something weird has happened to me. I can't explain it. I've just enjoyed other girls taking interest in me. I love Katie but I've never been popular or liked by anyone other than her before. It felt...nice. Katie and I spent years sitting around in our bedrooms together wondering what it was like to be like these girls. We asked ourselves what they must do when they hang out? We made fun of them shopping and drooling over boys while we enjoyed our geeky lives (even though we've sort of begun our shopping and drooling over boys phase by now.) Katie and I wanted to know what these girls were like and now I've finally got the opportunity to see what I've been missing out on all these years. Of course I had to keep reminding myself they were only interested in me because of Niall...which wasn't hard to remember becuase they kept asking me about him every 3 minutes.

"So, like is Niall very thin in real life? Because you know the camera adds 10 pounds and..." Tia's voice trailed off. Honestly everything that came out of her mouth just sounded like the same old garbage afterwhile.

"You already asked me that I'm pretty sure." I laughed sarcastically and we sipped our smoothies.

"I'll be right back." One of Tia's friends, I forgot her name, I think it was Dizzy or Dipsy or Dumbo or something. She stood up and walked to the bathroom. Well, more like pranced like a freaking conceited reindeer.

"I'm gonna check my messages." Tia got out her phone and while she was typing to someone it rang. "Hello? Oh hey, babe! Nah, I'm not doing anything important." Tia glanced at me and then crossed her legs and turned away. I rolled my eyes at her rude gesture. "I know! I know! O.M.G. I know right!" Oh God, there's nothing I hate more than people that spell out 'O.M.G.' like that. Excuse me while I heave into her gucci purse and soil her daddy's Visa.

"Weren't we like, having a conversation here?" I tapped her shoulder and she glared at me.

"Babe, hush I'm having a conversation here."

"I'm not your babe." I mumbled under my breath. I could have shouted it in her ear and she still wouldn't have heard it over the sound of her ego.

"Hey, Betty, will you be a peach and buy me a refil?" She handed her cup into one of her 'friends' hands before she even had the chance to answer. "Thanks, babe."

"Um, sure." Her friend quickly stood up and rushed over to the counter.

I followed Betty over there. "Um, are you paying for that with your own money?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

"Because...well why should you?"

She pondered that for a minute before looking at me. "If you want to be popular, Emily, you have to do stuff like this for her."

"Well you go ahead enjoy being a slave, Betty, I don't think I'm cut out for this."

"Oh my name isn't Betty, it's Edna."

"I thought she called you Betty?"

"Yeah she didn't like my name so she has her own nickname for me." Betty ,or should I say Edna, pointed to the bathroom. "And Dizzy, the girl in the bathroom, her real name is Alice."

"She changes your names? Are you kidding?"

"Nope. But it's worth it." Edna shrugged and then stepped up to the counter to order. This was so gross. If I don't get out of here soon I'll have to heave into another gucci bag.

I walked over to Tia who was still on the phone. I was prepared to tell her off and walk out the door but she was still on the phone ignoring me. What she was saying caught my interest though. "You better have a limo for the dance! But it better not be too fancy, I don't want you showing up the one Danny is getting for us. Oh, you actually thought he was taking Katie? No, he was never serious about taking her. I convinced him to dump that slut. He hasn't done it yet but I know he will. I don't even know why he asked her in the first place. What do you mean you think he actually likes her? Who could like Katie? She's just... so average! Of course he's taking me! I'm the head cheerleader and he's the quarterback! That's just how it works, like don't you watch tv? The cheerleader and the quarterback always go together. It's like, highschool law. Yeah, I'll talk to you later. Love you too babe. Kisses!" I stood behind her in shock. I couldn't even speak. "Did you hear all that?" She looked at me.

I nodded slowly. Suddenly my protective instincts kicked in and fired back at her. "How could you do that to Katie? Danny really likes her, he's liked her for a long time."

"We're gonna embarass her at the dance too. It's going to be so funnt! Now that you're popular I'll tell you everything. Sit down." She gestured for me to sit down across from her and I did. "Wait, you're not stil friends with Katie right? Because if you want to be cool and be in on our plan you can't still hang around losers like that."

"Um, no I'm not." My voice cracked as I said that. I hated lying but this was the only way I could find out what they were going to do to my best friend. I'd soon regret saying that.

"Excuse me?" A voice said from behind me. I snapped my neck turning around to see Katie. "Glad to see your mom is feeling better, Em." Katie turned away and walked out the door. What have I done? I've really screwed up. I didn't think about Katie showing up at all. How the hell can she even afford Starbucks? I can't even afford it. I shouldn't even be here, I don't belong here.

"Katie, wait!" I followed her out the door. "Please wait, you really don't understand at all. You see..."

"Oh I completely understand. You lied to me so you could hang out with the popular girls. I thought you understood they're using you! They're using you, Em! How can you be so stupid to not see that! They don't like you, you know celebrities now, they just want to trick you into getting them close to One Direction. How can you be so blind?"

"I know they want to trick me! How can you think I'd be so stupid to not see that? Don't you know me at all?" We were face to face yelling at each other now. She looked like she was fighting tears and I was shaking terribly. This was the first time we've ever fought in all our years together.

"No, apparently I don't know you. The Emily I know would stand by me and mock bitches like Tia and her posse. Not sit there and lie to her by telling her we're not friends anymore? Why would you even say something like that?"

"I didn't lie to her Katie, I just..."

"Oh it's not a lie? So we're really not friends anymore then? You're just like Danny. You only want to talk to me when she's not around but when she's there I'm dirt to you."

"I'm not a asshole like Danny! I'll explain everything if you'd just keep your mouth shut for a minute! You won't shut up long enough to let me explain!" She looked hurt by my words and I was equally hurt by hers. We just stared at each other for a minute. "Danny is going to break up with you so he can take Tia. I think you should break it off with him first to keep your dignity. I had to tell her that I..."

"Oh I bet your new best friend Tia set you up to tell me that didn't she? Because she wants Danny for herself? Or maybe you're just jealous because I have a date and you don't?"

"Do you even hear yourself, Kate? Where is this even coming from?"

"I'm not breaking up with him. I've never had a date to a dance before. Why don't you go with Tia, I think you guys are a perfect match. The scum for the scum." Katie walked away but turned back to me. "I can't believe you get in a couple magazines and think you're hot stuff now. I take back everything I've ever said to you about you wanting to be famous. You can't handle it. Fame changes you and makes you something your not."

"Oh, and you think you could do so much better? You can't handle anything. You'd fall apart under the pressure. It's no wonder you don't have a boyfriend." I didn't realize I was hurting her, I was just defending myself but I got carried away. "And why don't you stop chasing after someone who has a girlfriend?"

"Are you bringing Louis into this now? I'd never try to break them up. You know it's not like that."

"Do I really, Katie?"

"So what, now you want Louis and Danny? Go ahead, you can do whatever you want. I don't need boys. I've never needed them before. And I certainly don't need you either." Katie walked away, got into her car and sped off. I felt so awful. I'd crossed the line. How could I do that to her? I know Katie is vulnerable. Where did all that even come from? I don't even feel that way. I just wanted to break down and cry right there but I knew Tia was standing next to me.

"Ouch." She muttered and pouted at me. "Hey why don't you come back inside so we can finish talking alright?"

I looked back at the road and watching Katie drive away before answering her. "Yeah, sure."

Katie's POV:

What just happened? I said things I didn't mean, I realize that. I went too far with the 'fame changed you' part. I sholdn't have said that. I know her dream is to be famous someday. Who wouldn't want that, right? I was just so hurt. My biggest fear is that I'll lose her to the populars someday. I mean, let's face it, she's really beautiful. She'd fit in there. Her personailty isn't cut out for it though. I was happy for her, I really as. I know she wanted to know what the popular life was like. But she had to tell Tia we weren't friends anymore? That was uncalled for. If she wants to turn her back on me she should do it with respect and tell me to my face, not pretend to be my friend still only when Tia doesn't need her.

I ran into the house and locked the door. My mom was in the kitchen cooking. I didn't want to see her right now but I had to walk through the kitchen to get to my room. "Katie? Are you ok? You've been gone awhile, I thought you were just getting something to drink?"

"I don't want to talk about it. I'm fine I just...you were right about Emily. You were right about everyone and everything. I'll...I need to go to bed."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you, honey." My mom gave me a quick hug and I ran upstairs to my rom.

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My computer was open but I didn't feel like logging into Facebook or Twitter or anything. I just wanted to die. A little beep on the computer distracted my dark thoughts.

"Louis Tomlinson is requesting a video call"

I swear to God, he literally only calls me when I'm thinking about dying.

Against all my instincts, I answered.

"Hi." I said and forced a smile. If he was happy I didn't want to bring down his mood. I know how hard his life is as well. "What...what is that?" I put aside my own feelings to realize Louis was holding some type of stuffed animal. My fake smile slid into a real one. He could always make me happy.

"It's a toy walrus."

"And...?"

"We're giving it to one of our cranky managers for his birthday. Because I always call him Mr. Walrus instead of Mr. Walus. That was a joke, I thought you might find it funny." I realized I wasn't laughing and did a fake laugh for him.

"That's funny, Lou." It was funny, I just didn't feel like laughing at the moment.

"Babe, are you alright? You look like you've been crying?" How could he see that? I've only got a small reading lamp on.

"I'm sorry. It's just been a long night."

"Do you want to talk to about it?" He asked me with a genuinely concerned look. I was about to open up and spill my feelings because I really needed to let this out on someone, but before I could I saw Eleanor walking around in the background. He was with her. I shouldn't be interferring in their relationship. I don't want to bring him down while he's with the girl that makes him happy. Emily was right, I need to leave them alone and focus on my own life. Surely Eleanor can't be happy about my relationship with Louis for much longer.

"No." I bottled up my feelings and crossed my arms. "Actually, I'm really tired. I think I'll just go to bed. And um, I might not be on much lately. I need to focus on my exams."

"What abour our book?"

"I have to return that to the library soon anyway. It's way overdue." Louis looked at me sadly and wouldn't speak. I know my words hurt. This was just a great night of hurt for everyone wasn't it? But when you love someone you have to let them go, don't you? That's what they always say anyway.

"If you need me or Eleanor or any of us, we're here, alright?" Louis reassured me.

"I know." I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my fingers. I didn't want to cry in front of them like this. "Goodnight Louis."

"Goodnight, love." Louis said.

"Goodnight Katie!" Eleanor shouted from somewhere in the room with him.

"You two have fun, alright?" I winked and Louis blushed and ended the call.

Emily's POV:

As soon as I got home I tried to text Katie but my phone was dead. That figures. I shouldn't be texting her anyway, she's already mad at me, the last thing I need is to get her in trouble with her parents too. So I turned on my computer to email her. I'd never emailed her before unless it was like, selfies or music or something that we had that were too big to send through a text. I couldn't think of any words to say. There were too many thoughts going through my head. How could she not understand? How could she think I'd want to hurt her like that after all the time we've spent together?

"Niall Horan is requestion a video call"

How long had that been there? Why did my computer always sign me into Skype the second I turned it on? I don't want to talk to him. I think I might need to talk to someone though.

"Hey." I answered the call.

"Hey, how are you doing, Emily?" Niall looked happy and tired all at the same time. He was sitting at some type of office desk and chair it looked like. We were probably in the same timezone still. It was late here.

"Did you um, did you have a show tonight?" I asked him, trying to distract myself from my argument with Katie. Distractions are good, aren't they?

"Yeah, we're in Seattle."

"I've never been there."

"The show was sold out. I guess we'll have to come here again next year." Niall laughed. He was so innocent in all this and he had no idea I was trying so hard not to cry.

"But more importantly have you found any nice restaurants?" I faked a smile. I was good at those.

"Haven't had time yet. I might look around more tomorrow. I think we drove past a Chick-Fil-A on the way here." I nodded and wiped a tear from my eye before he could see it. "Emily, are you ok? Are you crying?" How did he see that?

"I'm sorry, Niall. I don't think we should talk tonight."

"You know Louis mentioned something about Katie acting weird. Is she ok? Did something happen with you two?" I didn't answer and just looked at my lap. "Did you get in a fight?"

"Yes." I blurted out and started crying. "I don't know what happened, Niall, everything is a mess."

"Tell me what's going on." He leaned back in his chair and I wiped the tears from my eyes before I began.

"Ok, so I'm in the newspapers. Everyone is talking about you and I going out to Chili's the other day. There's this really popular girl at school, Tia, she asked me to go out with her tonight. I knew she just wanted to talk to me because I know you but I went out with her anyway."

"Well, Katie should understand that you have other friends?"

"No, it's not like that. Long story short, Tia told me she was going to make Danny, that's the guy that asked Katie to the dance, break up with Katie so they could go together."

"Why would he do that for this girl?" Niall leaned forward.

"Because she's a controlling little bitch who can't handle not getting what she wants."

"Do you think he's really going to break up with Katie for her?"

"Yeah she said he was going to. They've been on and off dating for years. Danny will do anything Tia says."

"Poor Katie." Niall sighed.

"But I tried to tell Katie and she doesn't believe me and we just got into this huge fight about literally anything we could think of. I don't know what to do now."

"I wish I was there with you." Niall blurted out. We made eye contact and I smiled at him. "I mean, you look like you need a hug."

"I appreciate that. I need more than a hug though. I'm just afraid of her getting hurt. She won't listen to me. Don't tell Louis about all this, okay?"

"Cross my heart." He put his hand over his heart really corny like and I laughed.

"I should...I should probably let you go."

"We can talk longer if you want? I'm not tired." He said while yawning.

"You're a terrible liar. But that would be nice."

Niall leaned back into his chair and smiled. "Tell me anything."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.3K 29 21
One Direction dirty imagines, might add some 5sos in it too. Some stories might get rough, the rough ones will have warnings at the top so you know w...
74.2K 878 24
Just some one shots I wrote awhile ago. Sadly I won't be writing anymore or updating this story, but I just don't have the heart to delete it since a...
685K 4.3K 69
Eww, These Are Dirty... One Direction, Zayn Malik & 5SOS WARNING: These stories are se.xually detailed. Meaning they have se.x in them. DISCLAIMER: E...
314K 5.1K 89
Luke Hemmings Michael Clifford Calum Hood Ashton Irwin + Harry Styles Liam Payne Niall Horan Louis Tomlinson And Zayn Malik