I Hated You First ➸ Larry

By guardianzayngels

[COMPLETE | AU] With some demons haunting him from his past, Harry is excited to start college to get a relax... More

I Hated You First
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
A Message for You Lovely Larries

Chapter 21

15.3K 614 1.1K
By guardianzayngels

*Niall's POV Continued*

I walked to Liam's dorm and knocked. I wanted to tell him about my date with Zayn, which was tomorrow night. I was excited, but mostly scared.

You see, Liam's a fantastic advice giver so I always go to him for help. He's like my hero, always caring. He looks out for me like an older brother should, even though we aren't related.

The door opened revealing Liam. He was flashing a brilliant smile. "Hey."

I smiled back. "Hi."

He moved aside for me to enter. I plopped down on his bed on my stomach, burying my head in his pillow. He smelled good. Like vanilla. Mmm I love vanilla.

He giggled. "So what's up, Ni?"

I flipped over to see his face. "I have some news to tell you, Li."

Liam sat down next to me and crossed his legs. "Shoo."

"Um okay...I kinda have a date."

A giant goofy smile appeared on Liam's face. "Whoooo?" he mused.

My cheeks heated up and he pinched them.

"Niall, tell me!" he demanded.

I just stared at floor, biting my lip. Should I tell him?

"Is it that creepy kid from the canteen who stares at you and keeps Cheerios in his pocket?"

"No."

"Whoooo!" he whined, playfully punching my arm.

"...Zayn..."

I saw Liam stiffen out of the corner of my eye. "What the hell did you just say?" he asked darkly.

"I said Zayn."

Liam jumped off the bed, startling me. "Why the fuck are you going out with Zayn, Niall?! He's your fucking bully! What the hell?!" he yelled.

"Liam calm down I talked to Zayn and Zayn also talked to Harry a while ago. He only picked on me because he's gay and has feelings for me. He finally was able to admit it and I kinda like him too so we're going out tomorrow night."

Liam clenched his jaw and he crossed his arm. "No."

"What?"

"I said no! He beat you, Niall and you're just gonna go out with him like nothing happened?! What about all the times he gave you wedgies or stole your homework? You know I had to spend some nights last year holding you and listening to you cry because of the messed up shit that arsehole did to you! He doesn't fucking deserve you, Niall! He's a dick!"

Anger brewed inside me. How could he talk about Zayn that way?

"You weren't there, Liam! You didn't see the fucking tears in his eyes or how broken his voice sounded when he came to me! He fucking apologized and it was sincere! We've moved on from that! God, why can't you be a friend and just be happy for me?!" I yelled back.

"I can't believe you, Ni. All the damn shit he's done to you and you just forgive him", he snapped his fingers, "like that?"

"Look at Harry and Louis" I said.

Liam pursed his lips.

"Louis apologized and Harry forgave him, now look at them. I look up to them, Li. They're fantastic together."

"That's a different story" Liam groaned.

"No it's not, Liam. You don't really understand the situation. You weren't there. Now I just need you to trust me and be happy for me. I haven't been on a date in a year and I haven't found the right guy...for some reason I think Zayn can be. I just need to give him a chance and you need to give me one."

Liam's face flashed with something I couldn't recognize. "I-I...I really don't agree with this, Ni. But you're grown and you can make your own decisions. I just don't trust him..."

"I do."

Liam licked his lips and sighed. "Okay, okay. But I swear to God if he fucking hurts you again I will literally throw him in a tank of sharks while he watches me kiss you."

"What?" I blinked.

Liam's eyes grew wide. "Nothing it was just a joke. Anyway he'll get severely punished if he hurts you" he nervously giggled at the end.

Kiss me? What the hell?

"Um...okay. Thanks, Liam."

He sighed again. "No problem. That's what friends are for." He flashed me a weak smile.

He looks honestly hurt? Why?

"Liam are you okay? Seems like something else is bothering you" I asked concerned.

He shook his head. "I...no. No, I'm fine."

"Alright."

"So why'd you come? Did you just wanna tell me that you had a date with arsehole-I mean Zayn?"

I shot him a glare. "Yes, but I also wanted to ask you for your help. I'm really nervous" I replied.

Liam gave a husky laugh and patted my shoulder. "Just be yourself, Ni. He obviously fell for you because of you so just be yourself."

"Thanks, Li."

I got up and made my way to the door.

"And remember if he disrespects you or hurts you, tell me. I'll fucking rearrange that pretty little face of his."

I scrunched my nose cutely. "He is pretty isn't he?"

"Niall" Liam warned.

"Okay I will, gosh."

Before I opened the door Liam gave me a hearty hug. I was a little shocked at first, but I wrapped my arms around him.

Liam's lips brushed against my ear sending chills down my spine. "I swear if he hurts you I'll kill him. An amazing person like you doesn't deserve to be hurt, ever" he whispered.

My heart swelled at that. Gosh, he's a sweetie ain't he?

I unwrapped my arms around him, but Liam kept hugging. I giggled. "Li, I gotta go."

"Three more seconds."

I sighed, leaning into him more so he can enjoy this. I don't know why, but kay. He finally let go. He pulled back slowly, staring into my eyes.

Suddenly Liam started leaning his face into me, closing his eyes.

I leaned back, furrowing my brows. "Um, Li? W-what are you doing?"

That seemed to snap him out of whatever he called himself doing. He pulled away quickly and coughed awkwardly. "Um...I'll seeya later" he mumbled.

"Yeah, bye."

I opened the door quickly and ran out of there.

What the hell just happened? Did Liam just try to kiss me? That was not okay. I didn't wanna kiss him. I mean, he's definitely not ugly or anything it's just...I don't know. I just wasn't expecting that.

*Liam's POV*

Oh my god damn. I almost kissed Niall. Niall. Niall fucking Horan. The kid I've known since he was two and I was three. The kid I used to watch Toy Story with. The kid I used to take baths with. The kid I grew up with, period.

I almost kissed him.

Why Liam? Why'd you do it?

I don't know. I didn't know what I was doing. Something came over me I guess.

You love him.

What no! I mean, yeah! I mean. Ugh. I love him of course. He's like the younger brother I've never had. He means the world to me. I've always been there for him. Always. We tell each other everything. Hell we even chose this college together so we can be here together. We're inseperable.

You love him, Liam. More than a friend.

Nuh uh. I've never thought of Niall like that.

LIAR!

NO I'M NOT! I ONLY LOVE NIALL LIKE A BROTHER NOTHING ELSE!

Brothers don't kiss each other...

SHUT UP! WE DIDN'T KISS!

YOU ALMOST DID!

OH FUCK OFF! I DON'T LOVE NIALL LIKE THAT!

You're being indenial.

No I'm not!

LIAM JAMES PAYNE YOU LOVE HIM MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN IMAGINE! YOU ALWAYS HAVE! YOU'RE ONLY DENYING IT BECAUSE YOU FEEL HE DOESN'T RETURN THE SAME FEELINGS!

Yeah, cause he doesn't. He likes Zayn.

Him and Zayn are only going on a date. They're not together. You have a chance with him and you're so damn scared because you feel he doesn't love you back like that. You can't help how you feel, Liam. You need to tell him before it's too late. What's the worst that can happen? Sure, maybe he'd reject you, but you don't know. You know Niall and you know he wouldn't be mad at you or yell at you or hate you or stop talking to you or stop being friends with you. Niall is a caring and loveable lad and you know that you're one of the top people he cares and loves. Now stop being a pussy.

Okay...I guess you're right. I'll tell Niall how I feel. I can't keep this in any longer. I've loved him more than a friend since our sophomore year of high school. I will get Niall. He deserves to be with me not Zayn.

There you go! Now you've stopped being an idiot!

Shut up brain.

Okay.-.

○●○●○●○●○●

Ooooh love triangles:) Maybe Niall will return the feelings or maybe not...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.7K 30
*YOU NEED TO READ THE FIRST BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS ONE ITS ON MY PROFILE * The past might have hurt you Yes you can run away from your past. But wh...
39.2K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...
10.6K 350 19
"louis don't fucking look his way ever again." ha, since when has louis ever done what he was told? long story short, harry is a freshman in high...
454 22 20
Life for Harry isn't very good. To put in simple in words it sucks!! His mum got pregnant with him in her 20s and when his dad found out he just left...