The Mark Of The Wolf

By BethanyShayPorteous

** CURRENTLY INACTIVE ** ONLY WRITTEN UP TO CHAPTER 25 ** I hate how it turned out and not to mention I start... More

The Mark Of The Wolf
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Three

26.8K 439 16
By BethanyShayPorteous

** FIRST DRAFT **
Chapter Twenty-Three

Our big day was suddenly cut short when it began raining heavily outside while we finished up breakfast, but Kian didn't seem to mind, he just went and lit a fire in the living room and called me in. What I saw was hilarious.

He sat in front of a game of monopoly.

I sat down slightly frustrated. I could remember a stupid game but I couldn't remember someone who gave me stomach tingles every time he touched me? I don't understand how it could work, but like Dr whatever said, the human brain is a very complex thing.

"Can I be the banker?" I asked, reaching out for the tray.

Kian nodded and gave me it, "don't cheat," he smirked and I turned to mush.

I straightened and set up my player, the car, and served up our money. "I'm fairly sure I play this game like a pro, who needs to cheat?" I murmured.

He grinned, "everyone in my family cheats when they play this game."

"Well, I'll keep an eye out for you then," I said grinning back. "Get ready to lose."

-

"I do believe that I won." Kian declared as I stared hopelessly at the board, "what was that? You were a pro?"

I rolled my eyes, "whatever. I -" I grinned, "I forgot how to play."

"I saw in your head that whole time, you knew exactly what you were doing," he helped me up and I folded my arms.

"I could have just been giving you false thoughts."

He shrugged, "I still won."

"I still won," I mimicked terribly. "Ow!" I gasped, my neck shooting up in pain. I clamped my hand over it, the sting near becoming unbearable. Kian placed his hand over mine, taking it away from my neck.

"Do you want me to?" He asked, hesitant.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak as fire erupted in my neck. I felt his hot breath fan over it, the stubble on his cheeks grazing my neck before his lips clamped over the mark, soothing the pain. His lips on my neck evoked strange feelings in me, my stomach was going wild and my heart was pounding when he pulled away, his eyes amber.

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever before his hand cupped my cheek and he slowly leant in, giving me the time to pull away.

I didn't.

Our lips met and my body erupted into flames as he held the nape of my neck, his other hand against my back holding me against him as he kissed me.

I hoped I was doing it right.

He pulled away first, his eyes flickering amber and back again. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded hurriedly, my thoughts a jumbled mess, and all I could focus on was his lips, moving as he spoke to me. I shook my head, "pardon?"

He smiled slightly, "do you want to see the music room – you liked it last time you saw it."

I nodded, "oh sure – uh yeah, music room." I nodded again and followed him out of the room, mentally smacking myself back into order.

The music room held a piano, a guitar or two and a violin. I lingered on the violin, running my fingers over it, something in my mind niggled. "Did I ever play this?" I asked.

I jumped when his voice came from right behind me, "sorry, no you didn't. You said you're sister did though." I bit my lip, but I got nothing. All I got was recognition from somewhere. His hands came to my shoulders, and my skin broke out in goosebumps, "don't push yourself to try remember Molly," he murmured, his breath tickling my ear. "Just remember what you can, the doctor even said you could have memory dreams."

I turned to face him, his hands sliding to my upper arms. "I feel so – so," I let out a huff of irritation, "how can I remember things but not? Like pointless things, like tying shoe laces or – or how to play monopoly, but I can't remember you or my family or anyone!"

His finger went to my lips, "don't push yourself." I stared hopelessly at him and he pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest and played with the wool on his cardigan. I perked up when I spied a piano in the corner of the room.

"Can you play that?" I asked him. He looked hesitant but he nodded anyway. "Can you teach me?"

He looked shocked, "for a minute there I thought you wanted me to play you something. Are you sure you want to learn piano?" I nodded. "Well, okay I guess, come on then." He led me over to the bench and sat me on it, sitting next to me.

We spent the rest of the day in the music room, Kian played a lot and I listened, before he made me have a go at playing and it wasn't near as good as his.

It was later in the living room that night when we sat in front of the fire watching a movie that curiosity struck me. "Kian, when do I turn into a wolf?"

He paused the movie, adjusting us so he could see me. "When we mate on the full moon, you're wolf will allow you resting time, but before sunrise you will have shifted."

I frowned, "why am I not worried about this? I mean usually most people should be terrified of the idea that they're going to turn into a dog but I'm – well I'm kind of looking forward to it."

He smiled slightly, "when you first found out about it, you wanted to kill someone, but you eventually got comfortable with the idea."

Kian POV

I wouldn't have to lie for much longer, each time I did I felt like was stabbing myself in the chest. Her eyes – so trusting as she stared up at me, nodding as I explained things to her, I could only pray when I told her everything, she wouldn't hate me.

I would tell her everything, except for what had happened to her last year. I bristled at that, if I ever found that kid I would tear him to shreds, as well as his parents four giving birth to something that evil, I don't care if they're innocent.

I would tell her the truth, just not that – no one should have to remember something like that.

"Kian, you alive?" Molly waved her hand in front of me, and I came to the present. She grinned, "I was saying, when is the full moon?"

The full moon. Her turning into a wolf isn't what excited me, the fact that I would finally get to mate her and claim her fully is what made me happier, I had been reading her thoughts and she hadn't been thinking about that at all, only the fact that she wanted to see what being an animal was like.

"Sunday," I murmured.

"That's four days away," she said in shock and I went through her mind, finding what I needed. The panic came, as well as images and then self doubt on her ability, wondering if it would hurt because she was a virgin – I would tell her if she questioned it afterward, that her hymen most likely had worn away from tampons, exercise, horse riding – it happened, it was natural and it was a good cover.

Her mind was still in a flurry and her person was tense. I placed a kiss to her forehead and she relaxed somewhat, "we'll take it slow," I murmured.

Molly POV

"We'll take it slow," he murmured and my cheeks flamed at the fact he could have heard my thoughts. "It's okay Molly, maybe it's even better, you're mind tells me what I need to know to make sure you're comfortable."

I sighed, "but my thoughts are stupid."

He shook his head, "nothing you do is stupid Molly. Do you want to finish the movie?" He asked. I nodded and snuggled back into his chest.

At least I had someone who cared.

-

The days went fast, Kian taught me bits and pieces on the piano, we had a picnic in the greenhouse and things got pretty heated in there and I blushed as I remembered it, shaking my head as I missed a key on the piano. Kian laughed and played it again for me, and my mind wandered.

Tomorrow was Sunday, I would have all day to prepare myself before I would give myself over to him, mind, body and soul, just as he would to me.

I still found it funny, how much I could trust him even though couldn't remember him, obviously it was a mates thing, but still.

"Do you want to cook dinner with me?" He asked, finishing up the song. I nodded eagerly and he helped me up, leading me into the kitchen. "You're going to need more strength in you for tomorrow, so red meat is going to be a big part of your diet for the next week or so," he stated, pulling out some steak.

I got to work on the salad as he prepared the meat. I popped baby tomatoes in my mouth whenever he wasn't looking, sneaking odd bits of the salad until I felt a tap on my bum. I whirled around and he stood behind me, a tea towel over his shoulder, a mock frown on his face.

"Maybe I shouldn't have put you on salad," he murmured, eyeing the bowl.

"I only snuck a few," I protested.

He grinned wickedly, "maybe I should sneak something in return." Before I could answer his lips crushed mine, pushing me into the counter, his hands either side of me. I ran my hands down his chest, kissing him back, his tongue duelling with mine before he won.

I felt his excitement against me and his hands went from the counter to my back, grazing down to my ass and pulling me against him, grinding my pelvis against his.

I moaned against his lips, his hands squeezing and pulling me against him as he bit my lip a growl escaping his throat.

I smelt the smoke before I saw the fire.

I squealed in shock as the stove went up in flames and Kian spun around wildly, swiping the now burnt recipe away from the flames and throwing it in the sink, the steak black and a burnt patch on the stove.

He put out the fire and stared at dinner, before staring at me.

"I blame you," he said.

I snorted, "you kissed me."

He frowned, thinking before shrugging, "I still blame you." He grinned before staring back at dinner, "well – take out then?"

I shrugged, "okay."

I cleared up the mess as he talked loudly on the phone laughing and discussing the situation before ordering a steak platter with salad. He came back in grinning, Miss Myers owned a restaurant, she's a werewolf, she's sending a lot of steak."

I nodded, staring at the bench, "that burn mark is stuck on good...your mum won't be mad will she?" I asked, biting my lip in worry.

He shrugged, "nah, if she is I'll just tell her you did it." I gaped at him in shock and he laughed, "I'm kidding." He took my hand and tugged me up against him, ghosting his lips across my cheek, "I can't wait till you're fully mine," he murmured.

My face flamed and I was glad he was hugging me, I didn't need him to see me turning red.

I frowned, I'd have to keep an eye on my blushing tomorrow as well.

-

I spent an hour in the bathroom this morning, shaving, washing my hair, I wanted to look good for tonight, and I didn't want anything like leg hair and anything else hindering me. Kian had stepped out to see some people so I tidied up before sitting on the couch with a book I found, it was a typical novel, Mills and Boom as well, and the erotic scenes had me wondering how tonight would go.

I heard Kian come home and I put the book down, meeting him halfway.

God he looked gorgeous.

He'd shaved, that was obvious and he'd gotten a haircut as well.

"Lunch?" He smiled, holding up a white bag. I nodded, my stomach growling as I followed him into the kitchen, sitting as the counter. He pulled out more red meat – a beef casserole and I practically salivated. "You're wolf is becoming more upfront, now that the moon is here..." I watched his lips move, trying to focus on what he was saying. "...still not hear her yet but it's possible that after tonight...." mmm, tonight. "....bread with it?"

I swallowed, nodding, hoping I was answering a question.

He sat next to me and I dug in, today just felt awkward. He wasn't talking much and I wished I could hear his thoughts so I knew where he was at.

We ate in silence and I enjoyed the meal, humming in pleasure when it was finished.

"Do you want to try some more piano?" He asked, his hand resting on my leg.

My mouth dried and I nodded, hell I would walk over hot coals right now if he asked me too. He led me into the music room and I sat next to him on the bench.

Half an hour later and I knew this was going to be hopeless, was learning nothing except for how relaxed he looked at the piano, how his fingers moved across the keys and all I could imagine was them moving across my skin.

"Okay Molly," he sounded out of breath, "please try and put the wall up or I will take you right here, right now on this piano. My self control with your thoughts today is driving me insane."

I blushed, "I'm sorry, I – I don't know how to close it off. There's this voice in my head, I'm assuming it's my wolf, I'm sorry."

He sighed, "sorry I didn't mean to sound so snappy, but if I take you before the moon is up, it would cause us both a great deal of pain."

I nodded, "I'm sorry. Um, maybe we should watch a movie?"

He put on 300, and while it didn't really interest me, it interested him so I just laid on his chest with my eyes closed, ignoring the yells and battle coming from the T.V.

"...Molly...Molly, wake up, you need dinner." I blinked lazily, trying to figure out what was going on as I stared into brown eyes. "You need dinner."

"Oh," I must have fallen asleep, "sorry."

He helped me up, smiling. "It's fine, you needed rest anyway, come, dinner's ready."

I followed him into the kitchen, looking at the lamb rack on the bench top with potato and vegetables. My mouth watered and at the table.

Dinner was silent as I focused on eating, Kian lost in his own world again.

It's hard to believe that by tomorrow morning I would be mated and a werewolf. I wondered when it would happen? After dinner? When we went to bed? How did you just tell someone it was time to mate?

I jumped in shock when Kian got up, throwing his napkin on the table. "Like this," he growled. He pulled me up and slammed his lips into mine.
Oh my.

n��|�rJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...
1.1K 94 35
A clear shot rang through the night and hit Damien right on the shoulder. He growled viciously, and I whipped around, wanting to shield him so badly...
989K 22.4K 23
He caressed my soft cheek with his rough hands yet so gentle whenever they touch me"Jade,my love don't leave me come back with me" He is so vulnerabl...
75.3K 2.3K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...