Once Again

By paradisewallflower

Alison Vincent leads a normal, ordinary life in Atlanta. What many people don't know about the so-called 'it... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 37

1.6K 54 9
By paradisewallflower

Recap: Ava approaches me, taking her sweet time like a predator going for its prey. Judging by her expression, she is not a happy bunny right now, if anything, she's completely the opposite.

"Well, Alison Rose Vincent, I think you have a little explaining to do."

There are a few things you should know about Ava. When she has a hand placed on her hip, you know it's bad. When she uses your full name, it's worse. But a situtation that you should wish to never find yourself in, is a situation where she does both. Which oh-so luckily for Alison Rose Vincent, is right now. I gulp.

Wish me luck.

(Ali's P.O.V)

It's been fourty minutes. Fourty whole minutes of me sitting here, pretending to listen to Ava's lecture about how I should tell her everything since we're best friends. About how she feels like I'm always in a different world and yada yada yada.

She's currently getting through the story of how she got stuck with Dan Druff (yes, that is his real name. Unfortunate, but legit) as a lab partner. Then she went on to complain about Daniel's name and criticized his parents for I quote, 'setting him up for the worst from birth'. 

"I mean, does he even have a middle name that could balance it out? What kind of name even is that anyway? But... that's beside the point. I can't believe you didn't tell me all of this, I tell you everything. Everything! I even told you about Elliot's fetish for--" I zone out yet again, nodding every few seconds to make it look like I'm listening. Glancing up at the wall, I start to pick out patterns on the wallpaper and notice how some of them are shaped like animals.

The one in the corner sort of looks like a giraffe if you squint and look closely enough.

Of all inappropriate moments, my brain chooses this one to bring back images of a video I once saw of a cartoon three-legged giraffe attempting to run. My mouth quirks up ever so slightly and I have to try my hardest not to burst out laughing, but my twitchy lip isn't really hiding that.

"I'm glad you find this amusing, Alison." She says sarcastically, snapping me out of my trance and making me focus on her less than amused face. "You're lucky I've said eveything I had to say already," already? It's been nearly an hour! "I hope you've taken on board some of the things I talked about."

"Oh I did, absolutely. I was completely inspired by your words of wisdom." I nod to emphasise my point, Ava not really picking up on the hint of sarcasm behind my voice.

"Well I'm glad, now we can go back to being best friends again." She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in for a hug, releasing me once we hear someone coming down the stairs.

"Hello ladies," Jake waltzes in, closely followed by Alex.

"Oh good, you two made up. I was beginning to think I'd never hear the end of Ava's ranting. I tell you, I nearly resulted to either chopping my own ears off or throwing her out of the plane." Alex complains whilst Ava just scowls in return, earning a chuckle from Jake.

"Assholes," she mutters under her breath and I pat her on the back reassuringly.

"Right, who's ready for some fun in the sun? I know I am!" Jake exclaims, stripping himself of his shirt and scattering it carelessly onto the ground. He then proceeds to rid himself of his shorts, revealing a not so flattering or well fitting red speedo.

"Dude, no." Alex places both his hands in front of his face, attemtping to block out the sight to behold that is Jake Zabinski. I can't decide whether I should laugh or cry as my innocent eyes become corrupt thanks to this image that will be forever etched in the darkest pits of my mind.

"Now that's just embarassing," Ava joins, looking at anywhere but Jake while Alex makes gagging noises in the background. At this moment, Dylan and Elliot enter the room, both looking at a loss as to why everyone is reacting this way. Jake, still looking painfully clueless, decides to turn around and give them a little taste of what Alex, Ava and I are currently experiencing.

Dylan's hand flies to his mouth to cover up the laughter that's just waiting to come out. His gaze shifts to Alex who is still making gagging noises, vehemently rubbing his eyes in an attempt to rid himself of the image that we all had the misfortune of witnessing here today.

"For fuck sake, Zabinski, what sick kind of game are you playing now?" Elliot complains, sauntering over to Ava and covering both of her eyes.

"What?" Jake is now undoubtedly feeling self-conscious, but still has no clue what the big commotion is about.

"Do you not feel a draft... anywhere in particular?" Dylan is on the verge of crying, his eyes watering as he fights to keep back the laughter. No doubt, he's more amused by this than anyone else in the room. Jake's eyes suddenly widen as he puts two and two together, his hand quickly flying to his crotch to cover up what was once fully exposed. Yep, his crown jewels were on clear display for the whole world to see. What a wonderful sight to wake up to, ey?

"Er, just a little something to keep the chicas sated." He retorts, trying to brush off this whole situation. "Well, I'm sure a lot of other sexy women on the beach would be more than willing to see these bad boys, so, you know where I'll be." He dismisses before heading out the door, leaving the room in silence.

"I think I just puked in my mouth," Alex muses, heading over towards the kitchen sink.

"Well that just about summed up Jake's life in a nutshell," Dylan chortles, still amused at what just went on. He then glances at me and his brows shoot up. "He didn't... do that on purpose, did he?" 

"I freaking hope not. I'm scarred for life now thanks to him," I bleat.

"Wait, you saw it?" Dylan's stance changes as he says this. He crosses the distance between us and intertwines his arms over his chest, his jaw subtly tightening. 

"Well yeah, he was right there." I protest and Dylan's eyebrows shoot up for a fleeting second before he regains his composure.

"So what, you couldn't look away?" He retorts, sounding somewhat angry.

"Wait, are you mad at me?" I ask indignantly. Why in the world would he be mad at me for that? I'm the one that gets brutally scarred for life and an eyeful of Jake's private parts and he's the one that gets mad. Yeah, because that totally makes sense.

"Well, I don't know. My girlfriend has just told me she was looking at another guy's genitals. Let me just check in which world a guy who loves his significant other wouldn't get jealous over that." 

Wait, so he's jealous? Of course, how could I not see it before? I sigh as I glance over to Ava and Elliot who are currently in deep discussion. I decide to not get them involved.

"Come on, it's no big deal." I try to reassure him. I reach out and touch his arm, rubbing circles on his skin with my thumb.

Yeah, so I had the deep misfortune of seeing Jake's Anaconda, it doesn't make me any more attracted to him than if I hadn't seen it. Jake is Jake, I don't think anything could ever really make me attracted to him. Sure he's good looking and most girls drool over him, but I love Dylan. Nothing will ever change that.

"Hey, Elliot?" Dylan calls out, waving him over. He and Ava make their way towards us while I notice that Alex is no longer here. When did he leave? "What were you and Ava just talking about?" Dylan questions, not removing his eyes from me.

Where is he going with this?

"Well, tell them." Elliot grumbles, not looking at anyone in particular. Ava sighs and rubs her forehead, looking at both Dylan and I as she explains.

"Elliot is mad because even though Jake had his ding-dong out I didn't walk away or remove myself from the situation." She states, as if having memorised the words.

"My point exactly," Dylan says smugly and Ava scoffs.

"What is the big deal, you guys? It's not like we were doing it with him. It's not our fault we were at the wrong place and at the wrong time." Ava reasons, but Elliot and Dylan look unconvinced.

"You might as well have done it. After all, you did see everything he has to offer." Elliot mutters petulantly, crossing his arms over his chest just like Dylan had.

"Well you're both idiots if you think us seeing another guy's bits will even remotely change the way we feel about you." I admonish them both.

"Right?" Ava quips. "If anything, you should be mad at Jake."

"Come on Dilly-poo, don't be like this." I coax in an overly sweet tone, pinching both of his cheeks. "I promise I'll make it up to you!" 

"You'll both have to make it up to us," Elliot interrupts, looking at Ava.

"Deal!" She concludes, bouncing onto Elliot and planting a kiss on his lips.

"Don't I get a kiss?" Dylan whispers in my ear, sending those too familiar shivers down my spine. Without hesitation, I lean towards him until our lips finally meet.

"Ugh, get a room you two." Ava mocks and before I can answer, a loud crashing thud comes from upstairs. With Jake being out at the beach scarring other innocent girls and Alex nowhere to be seen, we all go quiet for a second. Dylan holds up a hand, signalling for everyone to stand still. He pulls out his phone and dials a number before bringing the device up to his ear.

"Hey, where are you?" He speaks in a quieter tone than usual. "Er, ok... nothing, I'll see you in a bit." He hangs up before looking back at us. "Stay here, I'll be right back." 

"Dylan, no!" I whisper-yell, not letting go of my hold on his arm. Another thud sounds through the house and I jump, becoming increasingly worried for my friends' and my safety. What the heck is going on upstairs?

Where is Alex?

"I have to go see what's going on," Dylan pleads, taking hold of my hand that was previously gripping tightly to his arm. 

Guessing he's not upstairs then.

"I'll come with you," Elliot pipes up, walking ahead. Dylan kisses my hand before placing it back at my side. "You guys stay here, ok?" Elliot commands, giving Ava a stern look and she nods as they head off towards the stairs.

My worst fear reaches the surface of my mind as images of the man with the scar come unbidden. What if it's him? What if he and his gang found out where we are? It wouldn't be the first time.

Everything in the house is eerily quiet as Ava an I struggle to stand still, my legs feel as if they're made of Jell-o as my heart beats frantically inside my chest. Ava takes hold of my hand and squeezes tightly, but still she makes no move to speak.

After what felt like hours, but were probably only minutes, I  hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and Ava's death grip nearly stops my blood flow. I wince and she loosens her grip, shooting me an apologetic smile. I focus my eyes back on the stairs where Dylan comes into view, closely followed by Elliot. This, in return, makes me breathe a sigh of relief.

"What happened?" Ava is the first to speak.

"We don't know," Dylan responds, looking lost in thought. "There was nothing up there." 

"Except for moi," Alex saunters down, "but I didn't hear anything. I was too busy taking a dump." He adds, making my eyebrows scrunch together. How could he not have heard it? And why in the world did he feel it necessary to add that last part? Gross.

"Huh," I mutter, wondering what in the name of sweet potatoes caused those loud crashes.

"Well, anyway. We should all go to the beach, get out a little. Enjoy the nice weather," Alex suggests, actually making a good point for once. "I'll see you guys there," he calls before closing the door behind him as he leaves.

"I guess we should go. Loosen up a bit, stop worrying so much." Elliot reckons, looking mainly at my uptight boyfriend. Dylan sighs and nods, giving in to temptation.

"What the hell," he acquiesces, breaking out a smile for the first time today. Although it doesn't reach his eyes, it's still a smile. 

"Yay!" Ava squeals, pulling at my hand which she still hasn't released. "Let's go find a cute bikini," she suggests, not even bothering to wait for my reply as she pulls me along with her.

I am now clad in my strapless aztec print bikini top and plain black bottoms. To not look like a slut on my walk to the beach, I've put on my ripped denim high waisted shorts and Ava's knitted crochet top that supposedly 'makes this outfit'; her words, not mine. Speaking of the devil, she's got on her yellow bikini which perfectly birngs out her enviable tan, wearing nothing but a simple white beach dress on top.

"Knock, knock." Dylan mutters from the other side of the door. Not bothering to wait for a reply, he waltzes in looking like the sex god he is. He's wearing nothing but some very flattering black board shorts.

"Dylan! One of us could have been getting changed!" Ava exclaims, admonishing him.

"But you weren't," he states matter-of-factly, taking in my appearance. "Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Of course," Ava smiles, placing her straw panama hat on her head. "Let's go!" she leads the way excitedly, leaving Dylan and I behind. 

"Are you not gonna put on a shirt?" I mutter, clearing my dry throat. As fun and rewarding as it is to drool over Dylan's fine physique, it's also very distracting and somewhat of a turn on. Therefore, there's just a matter of time before I tackle him to the ground, being stuck alone with him in a confined space for an undetermined amount of time and all. It's just not safe.

"Why?" He smirks, quirking up a brow. "Something bothering you?" He approaches me, trapping me between his strong chest and the wall behind me. 

"Er," I clear my throat, "no," I stammer. "It's just, you know, you don't wanna get cold... and stuff. You never know, the weather might change just like that," I snap my fingers. "There was this one time, I was walking to the store and all was well until a massive grey cloud overtook the entire sky and rain started pouring--" I'm rudely cut off by Dylan's lips being placed on mine.

"Shut up, will you?" He smiles once he pulls back, though this time it reaches his eyes, which in return makes me smile, too. "It's ok," he whispers, "you have the same effect on me." Before I can move, he takes the shirt I didn't realise he was holding and places it over his head, successfully (unfortunately) covering up his admirable abs. He takes my hand and off we head towards the beach.

"Ah, there you two are. I was beginning to think you got a little... preoccupied." Obviously it's none other than Jake who comes out with this as Dylan and I arrive at the beach.  Which luckily for us, is like a three minute walk from the house.

"Oh, you're here? I thought you'd be off displaying your balls to and scarring other innocent girls." I retort and his smirk fades. Clearly he was more embarrassed about the whole incident than he made himself out to be. Ha!

Dylan slips off his shirt once again and I notice straight away a couple of giggling girls, only a few feet away from us, lecherously ogling him. I make sure I catch at least one of their glances so I can freely shoot them a death glare, and I do. She looks away instantly and turns back to whatever she was doing. 

Now, I'm not one of those overly possessive girlfriends, neither have I ever been. But come on, when some trashy looking sluts eye up your shirtless aphrodisiac of a boyfriend like there's no tomorrow, wouldn't you get the least bit protective? Besides, it's not like I'm on Dylan's level of possessiveness. The guy won't even let me pet a male dog without keeping an eye on me.

Ok, maybe not to that extent. But you get the gist.

To avoid strangling Jake for having pointed out the fact that yes, those sluts are checking out Dylan but no, he should not go 'hit them up', I proceed to take off my clothes so I can go into the ocean with Ava, who has been asking me non-stop as soon as I set foot on this beach. Once I'm finally wearing nothing but my bikini, I notice Dylan stiffen as he focuses on something behind me.

His eyes harden and his jaw tightens, rendering me to look at whatever has suddenly made him so mercurial. However, before I can look, Dylan grabs the back of my neck and unexpectedly crashes his lips onto mine, kissing me like his life depends on it.

Leave it to Alex and Jake to let out wolf whistles. So, embarrassed, I pull back and shoot a questioning glance towards Dylan. What was that all about? 

Before I can ask, I'm finally able to turn around and notice how a group of guys were all staring over here. I suddenly put two and two together and realise that they were presumably watching me as I stripped, hence the fact why Dylan so spontaneously kissed me. 

He was claiming his territory.

A bubble of anger suddenly pops up and I frown at Dylan for acting in such a primeval manner. Did he really have to do that just to prove that he's some kind of alpha male? I know I'm not exactly subtle at hiding my annoyance towards other girls who look at him for more than three seconds, but at least I don't use him as some kind of prop to prove that I've got the upper hand or whatever.

I can't help but scoff at Dylan. His eyes are still focused on the guys behind me, his arm protectively around my waist. I hastily remove them from around me, causing his eyes to focus on me anew.

"You know, you can be a real jerk sometimes." I chastise, turning on my heels and heading straight past the idiots that were pointlessly checking me out. I feel their eyes on me every step of the way as I head towards the sea, some snicker while others whistle and hoot. 

"Boys can be a real handful, can't they?" Ava sympathises, shaking her head as we appraoch the shore. The cold wave touches the tip of my toes and I sigh, allowing the water to bury my feet in the white sand. 

"Yeah, they sure can." I mumble, looking back and noticing that Dylan is already making his way towards me. 

"You know he just did that because he's completely in love with you, right? Elliot is the same. They're overly jealous and possessive because that's just their nature. Some more than others. Clearly, Dylan falls under the category of go bat-shit crazy if another guy so much as breathes near you, but it's only because he loves you." She explains.

"But that doesn't give him the right to just treat me as some sort of possession, you know? Would it have killed him to have just ignored the looks I was receiving? It's not like I'd ever actually reciprocate the gesture."

"Last one in the ocean pays for everyone's dinner tonight." Jake shouts, sprinting through the sand like a lunatic, splattering sand all over the girls who were previously staring Dylan down with their lascivious glances.

I can't help but snort, amused as they whine about getting sand in their eyes. He's closely followed by Alex and Elliot, who as he sprints past, picks Ava up in the process and throws her into the sea. Dylan follows shortly behind, not even acknowledging the fact that he's losing.

"What happened back there?" He asks as he finally reaches me and I cross my arms over my chest, giving him my don't-play-dumb look. In return I earn a sigh as he licks his top lip in that oh-so seducing manner that he-- Ali, focus! 

"But they were all staring at you like vultures who haven't ate in weeks!" He whines, finally giving in. "It was either that or I went over there and beat the crap out of every one of them." 

"Dylan, it's not like they were doing anything, they were just looking. Besides, it's not like I'd ever, in a million years even think of going over there. When are you going to get it through your thick skull that I only want you?" I rebuke and he sighs in defeat.

"I know, I'm sorry." Dylan mutters after a few seconds, his tone is earnest. "It would help if you weren't so damn gorgeous." He adds as an afterthought and I can't resist the smile that settles onto my lips. "I'm sorry, ok? I promise it won't happen again." He strokes my cheek with his thumb and my lips curl into a grin. "Does that mean all is forgiven?" He asks as he traces my lips, a hopeful gleam shining in his now golden eyes. The contrast to the sand is what makes it this even more breathtaking color, I think. 

"On one condition," I object, holding up a finger.

"Anything," he states immediately, without thinking. I smile wickedly to myself and take one step back, successfully being the penultimate person to get into the sea, thus, making Dylan the loser. 

"Your treat," I smirk, earning a few snickers from Jake and Alex. Dylan looks bemused for a second before it finally clicks in his brain. His face goes from surprised to menacing in the time span of one second. My smirk instantly fades as he approaches me.

"Well, as long as I get to do this," he swiftly grabs the back of my legs and picks me up bridal style. He runs into the sea where as I feel the few splashes of water on my back, I know it's freezing cold. Before I can make multiple threats to chop off his balls and feed them to him, I'm drowned in salty water as he releases me into the pool of cool liquid. "It's worth every cent." He finishes his sentence as I finally resurface, the ever so familiar obnoxious smirk is plastered over his face.

This, my friends, is how the epic water splashing war commenced. Alex, Elliot and Dylan versus Jake, Ava and yours truly.

As Alex splashes me, I dive under water, successfully dodging the hit. Before I come back up for air, I swim over a few feet, surprising Elliot from behind. "Dude, look out!" Alex warns him but as he turns around, it's too late, as I've already managed to get water all over his face. I laugh loudly as he curses me under his breath. Strong, familiar arms are suddenly wrapped around my waist mid-laughter. Dylan spins me around, increasing my giggles as he tickles me with one hand and proceeds to throw me back into the sea. 

Once I come back up for air, I smirk at the fact Ava managed to hit Dylan in the eye with a piece of seaweed. Everyone breaks out in a fit of guffaws at the sight, even seaweed face himself shares a few snickers. From behind Ava, I notice Jake sneaking up and splashing her. She screeches before wiping the water from her face, turning to glare at Jake with an annoyed look on her face.

"We're on the same team, Einstein!" She chides, splashing him back. Again, everyone falls into hysterics at the confused look on his face when all he mutters is an "oh" before turning around and receiving a mouthful of water courtesy of Elliot.

We all carry on our battle until the very end, but to no avail, having the guy who doesn't even know what team he's on, on our team, we were bound to lose. But we didn't go down without a fight and our efforts did not go down in vain.

"I'm starved," Alex pipes as we make our way back to our belongings.

"I could eat a horse right now," I add, bouncing up and down in sync to each of Dylan's steps. Being the sore loser that I am, I threatened to go a week without speaking to Dylan if he didn't give me a piggy back ride to the house. Needless to say, I won't be using my legs until we get back home and I'm forced to shower before we go out to eat.

"You could do without it," Dylan jokes, earning a few cackles from his friends and in return, a smack on the back of the head from me. "I'm joking," he chuckles, moving his head so I don't hit him again. I don't know what good that will do him seeing as I'm clung to his back. Moron. "I'm gonna have to put you down to get our stuff though,"

"No," I argue, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck.

"I'll get them," Ava chuckles, placing all of mine and Dylan's things into my beach bag. She hands me the bag once all is packed but I don't make a move to get it. Dylan sighs, clearly frustrated with my childish behaviour, but gets the bag off Ava regardless.

"You'll be the death of me, you know that, Alison?" He tells me as everyone heads back towards the house. Despite his comment, I know he's smiling like a love struck fool. How I know? Because I have the exact same look on my face.

---------------------------

A/N: Soo here's another update, finally!! I'm currently trying to pull myself together now before the summer ends and update as much as I can, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'll get started on the next one ASAP and hopefully I'll have an update not too long after this one. As always, please don't forget to comment and vote. I love each and every one of you for reading this far into my story. SO, THANK YOU!!! 

P.s. This chapter is dedicated to @miapap92 for literally zooming through this whole story. Like, every ten minutes I was receiving the notification that she had voted for a new chapter hahaha. So thank you so much for that, you rock!! :D

Aaand as always, happy reading, you beautiful people! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
162K 6.6K 45
Skylar Henderson is an average teen girl.... But when her day gone terribly it gets worse her parents die in an accident. Her guardian who she ha...
70 0 37
Kayla Tyler is the new girl at Charleston High. She is getting a fresh start after beating her illness. Her dad is a businessman who is recovering fr...
21 0 11
Alison is seventeen years old and goes to high school she was a new student and she saw someone who she was attracted to Cole and his name said his p...