Him and I (Declan Harp)

By Ziehmer28

After loosing their son, Declan Harp and Anna Harp seek revenge on the Red Coats that killed him. Fighting th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 15

563 16 0
By Ziehmer28

Chapter 15

Anna

Snow and woods. Those were the two things I was familiar with seeing. Those were the things I was seeing right now.

If I paused and just stared off, I'm sure I'd be able to convince myself that I was back in Fort James with Declan leading the way with Charlie and McTaggart, instead of Grace and Chaulk.

But pausing wasn't an option, even as my body screamed to rest for a minute.

I felt like I was stumbling over every fallen branch and rock, my feet seeming to forget how to walk. Grace, Chaulk, and I had been walking through the night and now, most of the morning.

Without a thought, my hand landed on a tree, grabbing it. That seemed to start the process of my body stopping and turning to lean against it. My eyes closed and for a brief second, I tried to pull myself away from this hellhole I was living in. That I had pulled Grace in.

"Hold up," Grace said to Chaulk, my ears picking up on her feet moving closer towards me.

"I'm good," I waved my hand at her, my eyes opening again.

"You should rest," Grace stated, her eyes looking around for something.

Chaulk had stopped up ahead, but was now flying back towards us in fear. Her voice revealed how nervous she was, "What? No. We have to keep moving."

Grace turned to Chaulk, "Wait, listen." All three of s held our breath as we listened to the snow dripping off the trees. "They're not coming. We'd hear the dogs, or voices at least."

"No, I don't trust it. He's not gonna let us get away," Chaulk said, shaking her head as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

She'd never survive in my world, but that didn't mean I could help her get a new one. With my strength slowly returning to me, I lightly pushed myself away from the tree and back on course, "She's right. We got a head start, but not enough."

"You should rest!" Grace half yelled ahead as I walked passed her and Chaulk.

"I'll rest when I'm in my husband's arms!" I yelled back, my eyes fixed on the ground or woods ahead. The next words that left my mouth were a mumble, so low barley I could hear my words. "Or when I'm dead."

I led the way through the woods and into the mountains. We may have a chance of survival if we make it past the mountains and find a secure place to stay until Declan comes.

"This was a mistake, I shouldn't have come. I've seen what he can do. He's gonna cut me from my belly to me chin," Chaulk spoke up, her words coming out in a cry. I glanced over my shoulder, finding tears straining to be held back in her eyes.

"Put that out of your mind, Chaulk," Grace tried to calm the girl, but it only seemed to release the dame of tears.

"I can't!"

My voice spoke up a little harsher then I planned. "Look, if we keep moving and you stay close, we'll be safe. Just stay close to me, you understand?"

"Okay," Chaulk's answer came out as a mumble, almost unheard behind Grace.

A plain was brewing in my mind, but, just like most plains, they seemed to have their kinks. In this case, the soldiers and guards that we were sure weren't following us were now right on top of us. In seconds, soldiers were at out front, seeming to predict our moved before we even came close to making them.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath."

My hand quickly laid on my sister's back pusher her to turn around and run. But, once again, soldiers stood in our way, both sides blocking our way with their bodies and loaded guns. If we moved, we'd die. If we spoke, we'd die.

Chaulk and Grace were quick to throw their hands up, seeming to take the defeat. My eyes glared at the soldiers though, seeming to make them nervous as a couple slowly approached us. One grabbed Chaulk while another grabbed Grace. A third one grabbed me, roughly holding my hands behind my back.

"Looks like your plans would have worked, if we hadn't already thought of them," A soldier said in front of me. His smirk and words reminded me that these were Benton's men and they weren't just going to sit by and hold their tongues.

"I guess I'll just have to come up with something knew to surprise you," I said, revealing my own villain like smirk.

In seconds, the soldier's smirk dropped to a frown and he roughly grabbed my arms, taking the spot of the soldier behind me. "Come on," He roughly pushed me forward, causing me to stumble on my feet. If it wasn't for his harsh grip, I'm sure I would have fallen flat on these rocks.

Grace, Chaulk, and I got yanked and pushed back to Moose Fort, back to Benton who waited for us. At the sight, he smiled widely, seeming to be thrilled that we hadn't snuck away in the course of the night.

My eyes caught sight of a young soldier that was running at full speed towards Benton. His voice was loud and his words were clear as day as he ran towards Benton. "He's here! Harp is here! He's looking for his wife."

The guard holding me stopped, waiting for Benton to inform them what to do. Which was a mistake, because I took that pause and my husband's whereabouts to my advantage.

Slamming my head backwards, I hit the soldier holding me, causing him to release me and curse under his breath. In seconds I turned my body, my hand swiping up the soldier's knife out of its hoister. I grabbed the soldier tightly as I swing my body around him. One hand staid on his arm while the other held the knife to his neck.

I keep my body behind the soldier, watching as all the guards went back on guard. The young soldier who had spotted Declan looked terrified as I bore my eyes into him.

"Where is my husband?" I yelled at the soldier with a hiss. He was silent, his mouth dropping in shock. "Answer me!" I yelled, holding the knife closer to the soldier's neck, causing him to grunt.

"Anna, a little late to play villain, isn't it?" Benton smirked.

There was a good minute of silence before the young soldier broke. "A-about a half a day away. Maybe not even that."

Benton side glares at the young soldier before returning to me, taking a step closer towards me. I quickly took a step back, holding the blade tighter in my fists, "I'll kill him."

Coming to a pause, Benton smiled slightly, "I have no doubt in my mind that you will. But, seeing as everyone had their guns aimed at you, I'd think otherwise."

His words went through my mind, processing them closely. If he wanted to kill me, he would have already. And he doesn't care about his soldiers, not in the way he should. Which means these soldiers won't do shit unless Benton makes the call. And he won't.

Before another thought could counteract it, I swiftly slid the blade through neck of the soldier, letting his body drop to the ground dead. He wanted a surprise, now he has one.

I used the knife that was secured in my fists and threw it, hitting the young soldier in the chest. The impact threw him backwards, possible killing him in the process.

My next act kicked my feet into gear and I charged towards Benton, a yell releasing from my lungs. But before I could reach him, before my fingers could dig into his eye sockets, I was slammed from the side by a solider. In seconds, he had me backed away from Benton and my arms locked behind me.

Seeing as this position ended two soldiers' dead, another one stepped in and helped hold me back.

"Take them back inside. And don't take your eyes off of them!" Benton yelled as Grace was led inside. Chaulk's guard kept her out, her dropped mouth watching me as I was led into the same building as my sister.

I was tossed inside, Grace quickly catching me before I landed too harshly on the ground. By the time I had sat up though, the guard had the door slammed shot and locked.

Grace fund herself sitting in one of the chairs while I sat on the ground, my back leaning against the wall behind me.

"What you did was crazy; they could have killed you," Grace said.

A scuff left my lips, "Benton wouldn't kill me. He needs me for something, I just don't know what."

Grace shook her head, "You're unbelievable."

"No, I'm desperate," I said, grabbing Grace's full attention as I looked at her. "I'm stuck here, defenseless. My husband is out there going through Hell trying to look for me, and when he finds me, he'll end walking right into a trap. Oh, and I'm pregnant. I'm not unbelievable I'm desperate, there's a different," I said, slightly angry.

To my surprise, I didn't realize that a few tears had slipped until I looked away from Grace and ended my words. Quickly, I brought my hand up and wiped them away, hoping they weren't too noticeable.

Grace let out a sigh as she looked at her hands that sat on her lap. "I'm sorry Anna. Really, I am. I know that this is hard for you, for Declan. I was there when you were shot and had to hide, I was there when Declan came to me so broken because he thought you were gone. I saw what you both were without the other, and I can only imagine what you both feel like right now."

"Like shit," I said, a sigh leaving my lips, but I couldn't help but lightly smile at my own words. It seemed I wasn't the only one because Grace too let a smile fall upon her lips.

Before the moment could even be enjoyed, the door was unlocked and two soldier stepped in with Benton. Grace was the first to stand, looking at the soldier with a glare.

"What are you doing?" I yelled as a soldier grabbed my sister and yanked her out of the room. I went to chase after but the second soldier stopped me, my eyes never leaving Grace until the door was closed behind them.

Benton stood before me, motioning towards the guard to let me go. He did as told, moving to the side while Benton took the spot in front of me. "Now, my dear, are you ready?"

"Ready for what?" I asked questionable. His plain was coming into motion, I could see it on his face, but I still hadn't figured out what it was.

"For your long-awaited reunion with your husband, of course," Benton said like it was obvious.

With narrowing eyes, I studied Benton closely. "I know it's not that simple."

"No, you're right," Benton said, nodding with agreement. He soon burst into a chuckle, "Perhaps more ships passing in the night, eh?"

His words scared me more than he did, making me go on edge and change the subject. "Where are you taking my sister?"

"Let's just say, she'll be covering for us."

My next words came out with venom as I took a step back. "I will not help you to kill my husband."

Benton looked at me slightly confused, as if he didn't understand my words. It wasn't until his words came out that I realized it was all a joke. "Who said anything about killing? Despite what notions you may have of me, I am an honorable man. And so I shall promise Harp and yourself a fair trial in London. I cannot say what may become of either of you thereafter."

Motioning towards the soldier, I felt my arms get grabbed again, keeping me in place.

"Putting us on trial in London will be worse than trying to cage a bear," I said, yanking against the soldier's grip.

Benton nodded lightly, barely noticeable. His head looked down as he spoke, "When I took Harp into my home, he was but a mongrel pup. He was barely house-trained. I made him into the man he is today. But Declan Harp is the architect of his own demise, as you well know. He sealed both of your fates a long time ago."

My teeth gritted at his words. "And you sealed your own, after you killed our son."

"Yes, well, things do happen in the middle of a war," Benton shrugs before motioning towards the guard to move. Suddenly, I was pushed forward, Benton's voice heard behind me. "We shall see how much Declan Harp truly loves you."

The cool air hit me once again as we met the outside. Wadlow was walking off with another person who had a bag over their head, barking off orders left and right to people. By the sounds of them, Declan is here and everyone is getting ready for something.

Suddenly, a cloth is tied around my mouth, making me let out a yelp. Then, my hands are brought in front of me, being chained once again to each other.

I watched the mountain we climbed, noticing soldiers waiting for us about half-way up. Darkness was starting to creep over us, making it harder to see below. Then, a ring of torches were lit, revealing Declan standing near it, looking at something.

My eyes strained to see him, my heart racing.

It was him, I knew that for a fact. I could spot out his body in a field full of a hundred people. The only thing that kept me from him was this mountain and the soldiers around him.

The sudden sound of fighting breaking out makes me strain to look. I couldn't spot him anymore, in fact all I could see was soldiers dropping one by one. Then, Declan's voice fills my ears. He sounds broken, sad, and angry all at once.

"No!!! Where is she?! Where are they?!"

As if his voice came me the power I was searching for, I managed to kick the cloth out of my mouth with my tongue. Next, my body started to fight the guard's hands, my voice yelling as loudly as it could.

"Declan! Declan!"

"Silence her!" Benton yelled to one of the soldiers.

"Declan! Dec-!" My voice yelled until a soldier tried to shove the cloth back into my mouth. The second his fingers crazed my teeth, I bit down harshly. The soldier let out a yelp as I tasted blood, the cloth falling from my mouth.

I used his injured hand and clothe-less mouth to do the one thing I've been trying to do for weeks. Escape.

My feet kicked into gear, my hands not caring that they were chained together in front of me. I raced down the small path down the hill, my voice yelling out his name a couple of more times.

Suddenly, my feet trip over themselves and the rocks around me. My body lands harshly on the rocks, a groan leaving my lips.

Sitting up as I breathe heavily, I look up, meeting Declan's eyes through the darkness. His mouth has parted in shock and his eyes don't even blink.

Then, as quickly as I saw him, my body was yanked back up, soldiers grabbing me left and right as they tried to back up. I watched as Declan's feet rushed to chase after me, only to fail when other guards started to shoot at him, causing him to duck.

As quickly as I could taste freedom, it was taken from me. The only thing left behind me as Benton and I were led back to the giant ship was the roaring noise of an animal missing it's mate.

Declan and Anna saw each other! Well, sort of. I know that it's probable really depressing not to see these two fighting bad-ass together but I really wanted to show how much they do need each other.

Hope you still enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3.4K 33
👑Winner in the Firework Awards 👑Winner in the Kiletta Awards 💎2nd place in the Ohanna Awards 💓 Best Cover in the GAwards 💓 Best Cover in the...
2.8K 84 19
Kade and Aurora cross paths by chance but is it by chance when Kade has alternative motives. However, will Kade change his mind when he gets to know...
49.7K 1.3K 27
Shaylee had nothing more to lose when she sneaked into a boat and left her homeland Ireland for good. She had burned all the bridges behind her, and...
25 1 1
Is Revenge The Best Outcome? Rebecca, a 21-year-old girl who had recently been raped finds out that she's pregnant. With the help of her boyfriend a...