A Harsh Reality | ✓

By misslp4

Amanda Taylors sees gymnastics as an escape from her cruel life, and when she moved to a new city, she expect... More

Important
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 20

183 4 41
By misslp4

Amanda

It's been almost three weeks since Jack and I decided we were dating, and everything's been smooth. We were taking things pretty slow. Jack was also being really sweet, walking me to classes, spending time with me and sometimes even helping me with homework.

We were walking down the hall towards my History class, his arm around my shoulders and my own around my books. When we arrived to the door, he let go of me and told me he would see me at lunch. I nodded and entered the classroom. I sank into my seat next to Noah and sighed.

"How is it going?" he asked. I haven't really talked to Noah, not since I started dating Jack. We kind of stopped talking after school, because Jack would usually offer to take me home if Tyler didn't show up.

"Life's great," I said, "What about you?"

"Good," he replied, "Have you slept in school yet?" I rolled my eyes.

"No," I said, "Luckily, Jack is saving me from that."

"Do you think that Mr. Smith will have the tests?" he suddenly asked, "He always is ages to correct tests or assignments."

"I think he does have them," I stated. Mr. Monkey Face was standing with a pile of papers in his hand, looking expectantly at the class to calm down and shut up. When the classroom was in complete silence, Mr. Monkey spoke.

"I have your tests," he said, "And I must say that I am proud of your results, except for a few here and there." He raised his eyebrows at that and I could see from the corner of my eye, Noah tense as he heard that some had failed.

Mr. Monkey Looks then started walking around the classroom and handing the tests, disappointment and excitement in the other students told you what grade they had received.

"Taylors," Mr. Smith Monkey suddenly said as he held out my test, "Good job." The front page with my grade was upside down, so I turned it around to find a huge B+ written in red inside a red circle.

"Yes!" I said and punched the air, "I passed!"

"Congrats," Noah said, "Now pray for me." Soon enough, Monkey handed Noah his test, upside down like mine. He just looked at the back of the paper intently.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked after a few moments, "Turn it around and find out your grade."

"I'm too nervous," he said.

"What?" I said, "The Noah Brown nervous? Are you feeling okay?"

"Whatever," he replied. He took a deep breath and turned the page around before holding it in front of his face, making me unable to see the grade.

"I got an A!" Noah exclaimed.

"That's great!" I said. We high fived each other and laughed.

After my morning classes ended, I was putting away my books inside my locker before lunch. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, so I turned around and found Aubrey???

"Hi!" she said. Aubrey was wearing our school's cheerleading uniform, her blonde hair tied into a tight ponytail.

"Hey...?" She looked me up and down before plastering a huge, fake smile on her face.

"You are a friend of Noah's, right?" she asked with an icy tone, and before I could answer she was talking again, "Could you tell him to reply to my texts? Apparently he's been busy or something like that and I'm never able to see him." She looked me up and down again with a disgusted face.

"Um..."

"Just let him know," she said, "I knew I could count on you. It was nice talking to you! Not. Bye!"

"Rude," I stated as she sashayed into the cafeteria. That girl just gets on my nerves. I shuddered and resumed stuffing my locker with my books and binders. After finishing, I joined Hailey and Pilar in our usual table for lunch. I told them about Aubrey.

"So, are you gonna tell him?" Pilar asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I replied.

"Maybe you like him and you are using Jack to make him jealous," Hailey suggested.

"What!?" I asked, "How could you even say something like that? I like Jack, and I'm happy with him."

"Chill," Hailey said, "I was just kidding."

"En fin," Pilar said, "Go tell him."

"Now?" I said, "I'm eating right now, I can't. But as soon as I finish I'll go talk to him."

"Ahora." Pilar threw me her death look and I just nodded cautiously before standing up and walking up to Noah. Thankfully, Jack was sitting with Noah, so he wouldn't think something weird is up.

"Hey," I greeted all the guys with a small wave. They just nodded or replied with a 'hello'.

"What's up?" Jack asked, "Is something wrong?" It's so cute he gets worried like that. No! Amanda, focus, just focus.

"No, don't worry," I replied and then turned to Noah, "Aubrey wants you to reply to her texts. Don't ask." I turned around and walked back to my table.

"I'm never delivering messages again," I stated, "Ever."

"Hey, at least you got it over with," Pilar said.

"Oh my god, Pilar," Hailey said, "Did you paint that shirt?" She pointed to the shirt Pilar had on with a really cool design of a lion roaring.

"Yes, I did."

"You should paint one of my shirts someday," I said.

"And some of mine," Hailey added, "That's so cool."

"Trying to impress anybody?" I smirked.

"Maybe," Pilar replied as she tossed a strand of her blond hair behind her shoulder.

"Ooh," Hailey said, "So, who's the lucky guy?"

"He is sitting with Jack."

"No way!" I said, "You like Noah?"

"What? No!" she replied, "The green eyed guy, I don't even know his name, but he is really cute."

"You like Alex?" Hailey asked.

"If it's the green eyed guy, then yes, I like Alex."

"The good news, he is cute," Hailey admitted, "The bad news is that he had this on-off relationship with his ex."

"And?"

"Well, maybe he is not serious," Hailey explained. Pilar shrugged.

"Not all high school relationships last," she said, "No me importa."

*          &          *

"Is Tyler picking you up?" Jack asked.

"Yeah," I replied, "Don't worry, I'll call you if he doesn't show up." He nodded and brushed his lips against mine. I smiled and just blushed awkwardly.

"You are so cute," a fake high pitched voice behind me said. I turned around to look at where the voice had come from and, obviously, Noah was standing there, leaning against the wall with his hands on his pockets and his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Did you just say that?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" I just burst into laughter as he smirked.

"That was a pretty good imitation of Hailey," I complimented him.

"Thanks, I tried my best."

"You are #CoupleGoals," he added.

"Okay, stop," I said in between giggles, "That's just too much."

"What? You can't have too much of me," Noah said.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Arrogant."

"I'm not arrogant," he said, "I'm just telling you what you already know."

"And what's that?" I teased.

"That I'm hot." I coughed and he just smirked.

"Suuree," I said, "If that's what you think, but Sa-" I coughed again.

"But what?" he asked.

"Nothing." I then heard a honk, coming from Tyler's car. "Look at that, I have to go, see you tomorrow." I turned around and started to walk quickly towards the red mustang.

"There's no school tomorrow!" Noah shouted behind me.

"Whatever!" I shouted back. I got inside Tyler's car and sighed. As we passed Noah getting onto his motorcycle, he turned his lips into a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Guess what?" Tyler suddenly asked.

"What?" I replied.

"Someone's coming from California."

"Oh my god! Who?" I asked and before he could reply, I added, "Is it Kimberly? It's been so long since the last time I saw her!" Kim was an old friend of mine. She was Hailey's cousin, we were older than her, but we were really good friends.

"No, it's not Kim," Tyler said, "In a few weeks, for Winter break, Sam is coming!"

"No way," I said, "You're kidding, right?"

"He is coming," he reassured.

"Please tell me this is a joke!"

"What? Aren't you glad you'll be able to see him? Isn't he your friend?"

"Friend? Seriously?" I asked, "I hate him."

"Why? Last time I checked you were best friends," he said.

"Yeah, when I was eight years old," I said, "We dated as juniors and then broke up a few months before we came to live here. We are not on the best terms right now. How did you find out he was coming anyway?"

"He texted me," Tyler said, "He said that you had apparently changed your number."

"I did," I said, "As soon as I moved here. Just a stupid shot at trying to forget my life back in California, including Sam."

"What happened between the two of you?" Tyler asked.

"We had this huge fight."

"And what was the fight about?" he pressured me.

"He cheated on me, Tyler!" I blurted out, "I sweared to never trust guys again, and look at me, I have a boyfriend."

"What made you change your mind?"

"Jack in general did," I said, "I just know he is different." This was so weird, talking about guys to my brother when I should be discussing this with Hailey, or Riley, or even Pilar. Tyler just nodded and we fell into silence. I looked out the window and wondered again. I was not looking forward to seeing Sam again. I was not ready, and since I was with Jack it was gonna be awkward as fuck. Let's just hope it turns out for the best!

Who am I kidding? This was gonna be a huge nightmare.

*          &          *

Thank you so much for +800 reads!!! I would have never thought that my book would get so many reads!

Chapter 20, wow. This is crazyyyyyy!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660 7 35
Ella Collins isn't expecting anything or anyone special when she arrives for her junior year at Williamson high. She expects a normal hockey season...
1K 34 32
*WARNING DRUGS, SEXUAL CONTENT, SELF HARM* 20 year old girl named Kayla Robinson had a basic life, had good grades in back in highschool. But she als...
185 11 9
Becca Robin has been doing gymnastics at a wonderful gymnastics school alongside a wonderful friend for several years. When her mother finds out that...
218 3 15
A seventeen-year-old gymnast is forced by her father to choose between her Olympic career and her best friend, whom she's caught feelings for. Unable...