kpop Imagine/Oneshots

By Cutest_Kookachu

One shots and imagines for some of my favorite kpop groups. Pretty self explanatory Cover made by me All sto... More

The Coffee Shop (A Jinjin Fanfic)
The Text Message (Pt 2 Of The Coffee Shop Fanfic)
The Cave Dwellers (A Jinjin Au)
The Dragon Hunters (Got7 Au Chapter 1)
The Inside Job | Got7 Au
Christmas Cookies - Yunho (Ateez)

Awkward Silence - Dowoon Day6

34 3 0
By Cutest_Kookachu

Dowoon x Reader : : Fluff : :

Prompt ;; Awkward: :

I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO BE SO LONG BUT IT ENDED UP BEING A NOVEL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MY BAD :P

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

The ringing of my alarm tugged me out of my dream state. I slammed my hand in my desk a few times before finally hitting the raging alarm on my desk. I groaned as it finally shut off and let my body collapse back into relaxtion. My brain knew this was a mistake but my body yearned for a few more minutes of sleep. Mornings were not for me and it wasn't long before sleep claimed me once again.

I woke up for the second time this morning and tried to jump out of bed but fell straight to the ground because I was caught up in my bedding. "9! Shoot I'm going to be late!" I had to be at the music video filming at 10 and it took me 40 minutes to walk there.

I peeled the blankets away from my feet and ran to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I then threw my clothes on and rushed out the door with all my filming equipment and personal items. I stumbled my way to the nearest Café to grab a small, not very good, breakfast. All I ordered was a small coffee and crossiant.

I devoured the 'breakfast' like it was my last and continued sprinting towards the JYP Entertainment Building. I would feel horrible if I was late to my first ever music video filming. I didn't want to delay the start of it, it would already be an all day venture and if I delayed it then it would be more than two. With this motivation in the back of my mind I finally reached the building with barely anytime left to spare.

Bursting through the doors I saw where everyone was gathering to leave for the music video set. "I'm here!" I yelled triumphantly as I put my hands on my knees so I could finally be able to rest. Everyone's eyes turned on me a felt my face flush.

"Alright! We can leave for the set now. Next time, try to be a little earlier though." The director nodded and sent me a reassuring smile to show he wasn't exactly mad. I returned the nod and boarded the van that would take us to the set and it didn't take long before we started heading out.

Apparently, from the rumors I had heard, Day6 was already there and get prepared for filming. I was nervous to meet them. It's my first ever filming and first ever time meeting them. Thinking about it now makes me realize how unprepared I am for this. There's no turning back now.

When we arrived at the building we've rented for filming I could see Wonpil talking to the director. It was most likely about the sort of script for the mv. I clambered out of the car to meet with the director again to figure out what I was supposed to do and where the filming was even taking place in the three story building towering over us. "Hello, Mr. Park?"

He politely turned towards me and sent me a smile: "Hello! Before we get to filming I would like you to meet Wonpil. As you most likely know, he's one of the members of Day6."

"Yes I do know and it's nice to meet you Wonpil..." I trailed off. Why does it feel weird for me to call him that in person. Wonpil stood politely smiling waiting for me to finish my sentence. "Agh! Uh... Is it OK if I call you that?"

He let out a laugh: "Of course! Consider me a friend not a co-worker." I felt a blush slowly rise to my cheeks again. I hate awkward silences...

"Alright! To start filming were going to the third floor to film. We have a few things to set up so if you could help with that we could get started sooner." Mr. Park gave me the instructions and let me on my way. Thank God, I didn't want to think about my brain malfunctioning mid sentence with Wonpil anymore.

I strolled into the building and noticed a busy elevator that I would be able to take up to the third floor. As I waited in front of it Dowoon stumbled next to me struggling with his drum set. "Uh... Do you need any help carrying that up?"

He just looked at me and nodded... He never said anything. I didn't exactly know how to help and with him not talking I didn't know what to do.

The elevator beeped and slid open, "Can you just push from the other end?" I jumped at his sudden statement.

"oh yeah sure." I want around to the other side of him and got into a lunging stance and positioned my hands on the edge of the box. Dowoon counted to three and pushed, not too hard at first but soon increased the power to get it in there faster. Once we got it positioned in the middle I slid in through the doors and stood next to Dowoon. The drum set was surprisingly large so we were limited on space. It forced me to be pushed against him slightly.

I sighed as I pushed the button to floor three. The quicker out of this situation the better I'll feel. "Thank you."

"Huh? Oh.. Yeah it was  no problem." I glanced towards him and caught him looking at me. Making eye contact startled me, again, and I stared intensely at my shoes. Neither of us talked about anything. The silence was so strong I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, I wonder if Dowoon could hear it too. It sounded like a hammer beating on a wall so I wouldn't be surprised if he could indeed hear it.

The elevator beeping to signal our floor arriving caused me to jump and I scared Dowoon in the process. "Ah! Sorry Dowoon..."

He laughed and I heard whisper something like 'cute' under his breath. Shrugging it off, I stepped out of the elevator and pulled the box with me. I was surprised when I looked up to see he wasn't helping. He seem shocked too then snapped out of his daze and proceeded to help me. We hauled it all the way over to the X written on the floor to signal Dowoon's position. "Do you want help setting up? I don't have a specific job yet so I need something to do." I jammed my hands in my pockets and drew arcs in the ground with my foot.

"Sure! Do you know how though?" Dowoon started pulling everything out of the box and I could swear I saw a hint of a smile lingering on his face.

"uh... Not really... Do you think you could teach me though? That way when, or I guess, if I comeback to film again I can help you again. I mean if you want help. I'm not even-"

Dowoon inturrupted my nervous rambling: "just come here."

I took a few steps closer and kneeled down on the ground, my camera rested on my thighs. Dowoon gave me instructions and named each of the different drums and other things... I was lost. "You got it? Think you can do it?"

I just stared at him and the drums. He let out a  small chuckle: "No? I'll have you follow along." he sent me a reassuring smile as he directed my hand to where it needs to go.

"Ok...so this... Thing... Goes here and this here...and done!" I had finished the entire drum set and looked back to Dowoon. "is this right? Like at all?"

He nooded and sat down in front of it. "It looks really good for your first time. I put mine together backwards the first time..."

We were both laughing really hard when someone called my name. I quit laughing and whipped my head towards the mystery person and saw him beckoning me over. "Well looks like I have an actual job to do. I'll talk to you later Dowoon." I jogged over to the person who called me, he seemed to be a cameraman too.

"So we need to set up these things and I'd like you to help because there's alot..."

"Of course! But.. What are they?"

"Well basically these two explode and will shoot out paint and these ones do confetti."

I took the confetti ones out of his hands and he led me to where they needed to be set up. "Now be careful because they do have a small chance of going off. They could also possibly be defective but I'm not sure."

I stared at him wide eyed and just nodded. I placed the first one very gently into its position and nothing happend. I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. I then placed the second one I had and with my luck it went off. The sound was what initially scared me but the wind pushing past my face scared me more... I was coated in confetti.

I heard the camera man I was talking to earlier laugh: "See told you they could be defective."

I just sent him an annoyed look as I brushed the confetti out of my hair and off my clothes. I heard a pair of footsteps and I looked up to see they belonged to Dowoon. "Are you OK?"

He picked a few pieces of confetti out of my hair as I saw the camera man walk off: "Yea fine. It was just... 'defective'."

Dowoon just nodded and continued to help me with the confetti. I felt awkward standing this close to him, I'm pretty sure I'm even holding my breath, again. To my relief he stepped back quickly when we were done but now we had nothing to talk about just like in the elevator. I wanted to say something else but I didn't know what so I just thanked him and ran off to help someone else.

"We're almost ready to start filming so you're going to be mainly filming Dowoon and Wonpil. They'll each have a few close up moments and I want them to be perfect. If needed we'll film multiple times." Mr. Park gave me the full run down of everything and I decided to double check my camera. It seemed to work perfect even after being dusted by confetti." are you ready? Because Jae, Brian, and Sungjin aren't actually here yet we'll be getting the other two's solo filming done."

I nodded and got into the position that was marked on the floor with a green X. I positioned myself so my elbow would rest on my thigh even though I'd probably have to film standing. "Uh Mr. Park. What kind of setting do you want for the mv? It's supposed to be dark right, so would you prefer my setting to be dark or normal and have the editor adjust it?"

Mr. Park thought for a while: "Just normal, the editor will make the clips look like they're all filmed by the same person."

I nodded and didn't adjust any setting on my camera. Mr. Park gave Dowoon and Wonpil instructions and I aligned them in the frame as we started.

I zoomed in and out as I went in a circle around Dowoon. It was a pretty quick scene because Dowoon wouldn't be shown for too long in this section that I was filming. As we reviewed the footage it was deemed good and we moved to Wonpil where I basically did the same thing again. I personally thought they should've had longer scenes but I'm not Mr. Park.

Mr. Park complimented my camera work and told me I could take a lunch break. It made me realize how hungry I really was. I thanked him and went downstairs to leave.

I rushed out the building and started walking towards another cafe I had seen on the way here. I found it quickly and strolled inside more casual to make it look like I wasn't a starving beast. As I waited in line I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see the criminal that invaded my personal space. It was Dowoon...

"Wha! Dowoon what are you doing here?" I was nervous, again, and didn't want to be awkward with him again. It's really hard not to but I'll try.

"Well I was hungry and I figured you were too so I followed you." he sent me a smile.

"You know that's creepy right... Like you followed me without me knowing." I let out a laugh as his faced changed to shock. "I'm just kidding! It's fine, let's eat together." I didn't know exactly what I was thinking but I guess lunch together couldn't be that bad, right?

We both ordered what we wanted and paid separately; I forced Dowoon to not pay for me. And we found a table towards the back that looked out a window. There was a silence between us but it was more comfortable this time. There was never an awkward Silence again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
158K 17.3K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
596K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...