I'm An Addict, And You Are My...

By slow_learner

He was aimless, she was determined. He was sharp, she was blunt. He had everything, she lacked most of the th... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

12.4K 1K 241
By slow_learner

Holding Ira's book, Ehan stood in front of her class. He pocketed his left hand and leaned against the railing, waiting for her. She was all he was thinking the previous night. Her scribbled words nowhere matches with the way she was living. She didn't look like she was being abused, still, he wanted to make sure of it.

He spotted Ira at the end of the corridor, walking to class with a girl and a boy on either side of her. They seemed to be her classmates since they looked her age and she was talking and laughing with them. Ehan stood straight, waiting for her to notice his presence.

She was so engrossed in talking to the guy with her that she didn't notice him. The girl with her stopped, looking at Ehan and elbowed Ira, that is when she noticed him.

"Hi," Ira's eyes brightened as she waved at him. The girl with her was standing behind her, openly gawking at him and the guy was sending him curious and jealous looks.

Without saying anything, Ehan forwarded the book to Ira. She frowned, then raised her eyebrows at him in question.

"You forgot this at the cafeteria" he spoke finally, his voice low as always.

"No. I don't think I did" Ira shrugged and shook her head as no.

"Maybe I forgot it there" her friend snatched the book from him, pushing Ira back and standing in front of him.

"I'm Shruti" she forwarded her hand to Ehan. He ignored her hand and snatched the book back.

"Check your bag" he suggested to Ira. She removed her bag from her shoulders and unzipped it. Rummaging through the stuff, she looked at Ehan, "Which book is that?" She asked sheepishly.

There seems no connection between her and books. How did she clear the entrance and reach here? Ehan wondered.

"Physics" he answered anyway.

She rummaged again and looked at him with the same sheepish look, biting her tongue. He forwarded the book and she took it gladly.

"Thank you sooo much" she squealed and he nodded quickly, wanting her to stop screaming.

He opened his mouth to ask about Mary but Shruti and the guy stood sticking to Ira. He turned to leave and that is when he noticed most of Ira's classmates were looking at them with wide eyes. Surprise evident in their faces.

Ehan was known by the entire school as being the topper. Everyone knows him to be a quiet person, having no friends. He coming from senior's block to a junior one just to return an ordinary girl's book, was strange.

He ignored the eyes on him and quickly made his way out of there.

"My heaaaart!" Shruti whined, leaning on Ira. She pushed her by her elbow to stand straight and made her way to class, shaking her head at her silliness.

"You know him?" The guy with Ira asked, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Not really! We bumped into each other a couple of times" she shrugged, taking her seat whilst the guy nodded with a look she couldn't decipher.

---

"You sure?" Ira's voice made Ehan look at her from the corner of his eyes as she spoke to the same guy with her in the morning. He was at the cafeteria having lunch when Ira made her way in. Ehan wanted to ask her about Mary but that guy joined her, making him let go of the idea.

"Yes, I'm sure. I think we should go there" he answered.

"Okay. We'll go in the evening" Ira replied, taking the tray of food from Lily.

"Thank you," she said, paying her. Lily looked at Ehan, who was eating unaffected.

They both made their way out of the cafeteria, taking a seat outside. A part of Ehan wanted to stop her and ask about Mary but another part stopped him from poking his nose in other's matters.

Ehan finished his food and walked out, hanging his bag on his shoulder. He took a left and stopped after walking a few steps hearing someone yell.

"You useless, you idiot. How could you be so lazy? You can't do a single thing properly. You are nothing but waste. Mind one thing, Ira, I'll kill you if you fail"

He took long strides ahead, searching for the source of the voice. The mention of Ira's name made me more curious and worried.

"I'll rip your head from your body and smash it. I'll chop your body into pieces and feed the dogs"

He stopped at a little distance from where he could see Ira sitting on a wooden bench under the shade of a huge tree. Her legs are on either side of the bench, swinging back and forth, her eyes on Shruti standing in front, yelling at her. She didn't look affected by all the threats. She has shoved a sweet candy or lollipop as she likes to call it, in her mouth. She looked like a little girl being lectured about something she just didn't care.

"Now go and study. You useless, unwanted thing" Ehan flinched at the words.

"So she's Mary," he thought. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but the way Shruti was shouting at Ira, he stood still watching them.

His worried eyes fell on Ira and instantly became narrow as she pulled the lollipop out of her mouth, swinging her legs. "You don't sound like Mary" she commented, curling her lips in disappointment.

"What?" He was puzzled.

"I don't care. I did as you said, now you have to pay for my lunch tomorrow" Shruti shrugged, making Ira groan.

"Fine. But the deal is off" Ira said, getting up from her place. She dusted her skirt and grabbed her backpack.

"Why?" Shruti widened her eyes, whining.

"I can't be paying for your lunch every day. Besides, I'm not at all getting angry by your words" Ira replied, hanging her backpack on her shoulders.

Shruti rolled her eyes mumbling an okay and walked to the other side. Ira turned to leave when her eyes met Ehan's confused one. She walked to him and stood in front, nearing her face to his.

"Why do you always look tense?" She asked, curiously staring right into his eyes.

He took a step back and averted his eyes. She smiled and moved to leave when his voice stopped him, "Who's Mary?"

"Mary?" She turned back to him and he nodded, looking extremely uncomfortable talking to her.

"Mary is.... What to say? She's my guardian. Yeah! She's is my guardian" she answered, cheerfully as always after tapping her index finger on her chin, thinking how to answer him.

"Guardian?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

"Yeah!" She nodded, holding the strap of her backpack.

"Your parents....?" He didn't even know why he was taking interest in her but the words slipped his mouth before he could realise it.

"I don't have parents. I'm an orphan" She spoke so casually and easily, that he didn't get her words for a couple of seconds. His heart did a flip as he understood what she meant. He flinched, "I'm sorry" he mumbled looking at her apologetically.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault" The tone of her voice didn't change a bit. She looked as fine as always, her cheerful smile not faltering a bit.

"Anyways, bye for now. See ya" She waved her hand at him and made her way out, jumping all the way.

He walked home, thinking of Ira all the way. He dropped his bag and slumped on the sofa.

"I don't have parents. I'm an orphan" her words still ringing in his ears.

How could she be all okay with the fact that she doesn't have parents? How could she be so cheerful being an orphan? Did it not affect her that she had no one to love her and care for her? Doesn't she feel lonely?

Am I the only one who is mourning over the fact that my parents don't care for me? I can brush off all the pain and live as cheerfully as her?" He asked himself.

The answer was probably no. He wasn't as strong as her.

---

A few days passed. Ehan wanted to let Ira know that he wished to help her study, but he was too hesitant to talk to her. Besides, he wasn't sure of his own decision. He wasn't used to talking and spending time with others. And Ira's talkative nature was making him think once again. Another reason for his hesitation was the guy with Ira, who remains always by her side whenever he spots her.

A knock on his door interrupted the game he was playing, having nothing else to do.

"Yes, Lily?" He answered, without even turning to look who it was. He didn't need to, since she was the only one allowed to enter the house.

"Ehan, do you know our gardener?" He turned to face her and shook his head as yes.

"Her son met with an accident" he stood up from his place, worry plastered on his face.

"He has been hospitalized and is in better condition now" Lily informed, letting him sigh.

"But they don't have enough money to pay hospital bills. I was wondering if you could help..."

"Sure. Which hospital? I'll go, pay the bills" Ehan offered, walking up to her.

"That would be great!" Lily smiled at him and gave the address. He grabbed his jacket and boots from upstairs and came down.

"Lemme call the driver" Lily said, taking out her mobile.

"No need, Lily. The hospital is not that far. I'll walk" he said, zipping his boots.

"Why are you like this, Ehan? All of the workers assigned for you are getting paid for doing nothing" Lily commented, throwing her hands in the air. Ehan didn't say anything and left. He was tired of telling the same thing over and over that he didn't need anyone taking care of him in exchange for money.

---

After paying the bills and getting tons of blessings from his gardener, Ehan made his way out of the hospital, only to stop at a clothing store on the way. His eyes caught a familiar face wiping the window of the store.

Ira.

His heart ached at the sight. He had everything to live and still, he was thankless and here she was, working hard to make some money, still laughing with all her heart.

He realised she wasn't alone, the guy from her class was with her; cracking some jokes on which she laughed. He silently looked at them for a few minutes, before walking back home.

He made up his mind, throwing out all kinds of second thoughts. He was going to help her.

---

Sitting on a stair, Ira was tying her shoelaces when Ehan approached her. She was soo engrossed in the task that she didn't sense his presence in front of her.

"Ira" his voice grabbed her attention and she looked up.

"Hi" her face lit up as she said and stood up.

"I wanted to tell you...." He looked on either side of them, making her follow his gaze. Students were walking and moving around but no one was looking at them. He, himself didn't know what he was looking for.

"Tell me, what?" Ira frowned at him.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm ready to help you" he muttered quickly.

"Wow! That's great. Thank you so much" she squealed clapping her hands together, which grabbed some attention.

Ehan nodded, pinching the tip of his nose. His eyes looked everywhere but hater.

"Now start," she said, holding both her hands together, excitement dripping from her face.

"Start, what?" he wasn't sure what she meant.

"Shouting, screaming, scolding, cursing etc, I'm ready now" She showed him her perfect pearly teeth.

He shook his head and said, "No. I can't do that. By helping I mean I'll be helping you study. I couldn't shout at anyone"

"Oh!" Was all she said, feeling disappointed. Helping her with notes and other things didn't seem appealing. All she wanted was an ear-piercing scream from Mary.

"Why do want me to scold you?" He asked out of curiosity, slowly walking with her towards the classroom.

"I don't get the superpower to study until Mary shouts at me" she explained, walking beside him, matching his slow steps.

"But thanks to her, I got the scholarship and I came here" she spoke, her hands not resting for a moment. She just couldn't speak without moving her hands.

"You came to the UK, alone?" He questioned, stopping at a point where they would be parting their ways to separate blocks.

"Nah! I came here with my Hunny bunny" she answered, smiling widely at the name 'Hunny bunny'.

His eyes narrowed at that and he looked at her from head to toe, "Honey bunny?" He raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"He is my best friend, my love, my partner, my everything" she almost squealed, making him scrunch his nose.

"Merely a fourteen to fifteen-year-old and already has a boyfriend, with whom she came all the way here, to London?" He made a face, his eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Hey Ira, I have been looking for you" Ehan composed himself as the same guy from her class approached her.

"Me?" She asked, pointing a finger at herself.

"Yeah! You" he eyed Ehan as he answered Ira with a smile.

"Why?"

"As such. Let's go to class. It's almost time" he spoke checking his watch.

"Okay. Ehan, I'll see you after classes" Ehan nodded when Ira turned to him.

Ehan kept looking at her as she walked a few steps with the guy. He noticed her right shoe's lace untied. Before he could let Ira know about it, the guy stopped her and kneeled to tie that. Ehan's eyes narrowed at that. Ira reluctantly pulled her leg back, "I'll do it" she said, stopping him.

"It's okay" he insisted but she stopped him.

"No, Honey. I'll do it" she said, making Ehan's eyes go wide. She tied her shoelace and left after waving at when whereas he stood rooted on his spot, shocked.

"Honey? So he is her honey bunny!" He whispered, making a strange puzzled face.

---

Assalamualaikum everyone,

How was the chapter?

Why did Ira call the guy "honey"? Any guesses?

Kindly comment your views and don't forget to vote:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 128 12
Ira Sharma. She scowls on almost everybody that tries to know her, outside the professional boundary. But she wasn't always like this. She was a love...
17.8K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
7.4K 575 10
'Falling in Love with his Sister's Surrogate has changed him to a much better person than he was.' That was what he felt when she accepted his love. ...
26.2K 2.1K 45
NOTE : It's a sequel to "Lost" and cannot be read as a standalone. โ— โ™ก โ— "Are there any stars?" She inqui...