Hizashi Yamada x reader

By Pokkin

Y/N L/N, the stealth hero, has been hiding her identity from everyone since high school. Even now, most of h... More

A/N and Character key
Chapter One: Karaoke Girl!
Chapter Two: Business as usual
Chapter 4: About that side job...
Chapter 5: The truth comes out
Chapter Six: The real me.
Chapter 7: Together
Chapter 8: All bad things must come to an end.

Chapter Three: Chapter three: An accidental revelation?!

2.7K 103 30
By Pokkin

A/N: Hey, you guys. I just wanted to take a moment to say that this chapter really means worlds to me. It's based around a moment in my life, where I felt like my whole world was coming apart at the seams. When I was little, my cousins and I were all very close, especially one in particular. He was my best friend, he used to help me when I was getting picked on. He was literally my hero, when I was growing up. More than anything else, he was truly more like my big brother than my cousin.

When I was in my sophomore year of High School, he got into a motorcycle accident, and he didn't make it. It really hurt, and even now, I still cry thinking about how much I wish he was still here. I guess I just wanted to tribute him in some way, shape or form.

I've scaled the ages back, to fit with my fic. Thank you for reading. It means a lot. Sorry if it's angsty.

It was now midweek, and Y/N had settled onto the roof of the school to enjoy the nice weather. She had snuck an acoustic guitar up with her, tuning it. The guitar felt so comfortable in her somewhat skilled hands. She was no Jimi Hendrix, but she knew a thing or two.

After tuning it, she began to play to herself, remembering her past, and the day her quirk manifested...

'Hahaha, Tama put me down,' a very young Y/N squealed happily as her cousin swung her around from his shoulders. 'Not a chance, squirt,' he said back, swinging her around faster.

"Another day, another sin

Another day I'm late again

Oh, just like that my money's spent

Where did it all go?"

'Who do you think you are, picking on Y/N like that,' Tama seethed, clenching his jaw at the kids who had thought it was okay to terrorize the young girl. He knew he couldn't do much, considering he was older than they were. 'You'd better leave her alone, or I'll do the same thing to your parents,' he snarled. Y/N watched on, sniffling and trying desperately to get the gum that they had stuck in her hair out.

"Another night, another heart

Another one leaves in the dark

And I'm searching for my counterpart

Where did it all go?

And I lock every single door

And I look behind me even more

Now turned into someone that I swore I would never be"

She took a deep breath, before continuing, not knowing that she was being listened to on the other side of the door leading to the roof by a usually boisterous Pro Hero.

"I wish I could go back to playing barbies in my room

They never say that you gotta grow up, quite this soon

How fast things change, and now I'm here

And all I wanna do

Is go back to playing barbies in my room

I see it on my father's face

Another line that comes with age

I know that time will have its way

Where did it all go?"

'Hey squirt, I gotta tell you something,' Tama said, looking down at his younger cousin with a soft smile. She looked up at him inquisitively, tilting her head. 'I'm gonna be a dad.' He thumbed at himself proudly, and she grinned, jumping at her cousin in excitement. 'That's great, Tama! Now, I get to swing them around and stuff, like you do to me!'

A soft sob left Y/Ns lips, but she pressed on with the song. From the other side of the door, Hizashi clutched his chest at hearing her. 'Y/N, what are you...,' he thought to himself, trying his best to keep listening.

"They say that things were simple then

Although I don't remember when

I wanna know what happens next

Where do we all go?"

'I'm gonna get you, Tama,' Y/N said, one fist flying through the air. She was folded up like a pretzel, one small arm flailing about and trying to land a hit on her older cousin, who just chuckled and replied smugly, 'I doubt it, squirt.'

"And I lock every single door

And I look behind me even more

And now turned into someone that I swore I would never be

oh I wish I could go back to playing barbies in my room

They never say that you gotta grow up quite this soon

How fast things change, and now I'm here

And all I wanna do

Is go back to playing barbies in my room"

She smiled bitterly to herself, tears escaping her eyes as she started on the next verse. Hizashi chanced a peak through the window of the door, seeing Y/N crying and playing on an acoustic guitar. It was very out of character for the girl he knew, and a concerned look graced his face.

'Y/N, put your father on the phone,' the woman on the other end of the phone said, her voice sounding utterly broken. 'Are you okay, Shizu? What's going on,' a slightly older Y/N questioned softly, not sure what was going on. 'Just put D/N on the phone. It's important,' she said again, a sob escaping her lips. Y/N nodded, before calling out to her dad for the phone.

"Pink canopies and grass-stained knees

Putting fireflies in a jar

Getting home before it's dark

Scotch-taping posters on my wall

Rolling pixie sticks to smoke

Couldn't wait 'til I was older"

After a few moments, her father came down the stairs, an unreadable expression on his face. 'Dad,' she asked, looking up to him worriedly. 'What's going on?'

"And I wish I could go back to playing barbies in my room

They never say that you gotta grow up, quite this soon

How fast things change, and now I'm here

And all I wanna do

Is go back to playing barbies in my room"

'Tama's had an accident,' her father said, his voice strained. Y/N didn't understand. 'What do you mean,' she asked incredulously, furrowing her eyebrows at her dad. 'He's gone,' he said, finally breaking down. Her (2F/C/E) eyes widened in shock, an agonized scream ripping from her small, (s/t) lips. She didn't realize she was doing it, but the sound around her stopped. The poor girl hadn't even realized she was screaming as her father held her in his arms, trying to comfort the young girl after such a devastating loss. Her quirk had finally awakened in the worst way possible.

"Back to playing barbies uh

I wish that I could go back

Back to playing barbies in my room"

With each line from the final piece of lyrics, more tears started to fall, and her hands started to shake. It had been years since he was gone, but she missed her bother dearly. His child was old enough now to understand, but was still unreachable. She wanted to try her hardest to be there, but the longer she stayed around, the more she saw of her cousin in his child. Being unable to bear it emotionally, she sealed herself away from her family, too afraid to connect with the rest of her family.

She finally put the guitar gingerly, and started to break down. "I never got to say goodbye," she sobbed to herself, before a familiar voice ripped her out of her thoughts, "Y/N?" She wiped her eyes hurriedly, looking up to the man who stood before her. "Hizashi," she said softly, her throat suddenly dry.

"Why didn't you tell me," he asked softly. She scrambled back. "Why didn't you tell me you could SING, GIRL! You sound like an angel, Y/N," Hizashi exclaimed, grinning widely. She looked at him, confused. "W-What," she asked, confused.

"I was lookin for ya to see if you wanted to come with us, this weekend. Midnight told me you were on the roof. I couldn't bare to stop you from singing. You sound so nice! I bet the karaoke guy would love you to death, sugar," he praised enthusiastically. A dumbfounded expression crossed her small face, wondering how dense one guy could possibly be. 'Well, I guess I dodged a bullet, there,' she thought to herself, smiling a little.

A/N: So there's a thing you know about me, now. Sorry if this chapter depressed you or bummed you out. The next chapters should be happier, though! I'll try my damnedest to make it so! Honestly, it was really hard not to cry while writing this. If you have family that you're close to, please remember to tell them you love them. <3 Life is far too short not to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281 1 24
Y/n bullied for her villainous quirk and hard to reach dreams was recruited by AFO and Shigaraki at the start of middle school. She was in the same m...
17.2K 284 27
Y/N lives in a world full of powerful people with quirks, but Y/N's quirk might not exactly be for heroes. Y/N is a loner who gets bullied at her sch...
1K 63 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...
298K 8.1K 32
γ€Žπ—§π—΅π—² π—½π—²π—Ώπ—³π—²π—°π˜ π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—² π˜€π˜π—Όπ—Ώπ˜†...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...