The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 37: Brothers

22.8K 1.8K 1.5K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Because brothers don't let each other wonder in the dark alone."

                                                                                 -Jolene Perry

A heavy sigh escaped Jin's lips as he tried, frantically to calm down the crying infant in his arms. She hadn't stopped screaming since you left...which was about an hour ago. The rosy haired prince had tried everything, he fed her small amounts of bread and even gave her some clean water to drink, but she only continued to refuse, screaming for you to hold her.

The baby rested her face in the crook of Jin's neck, her loud cries dulling down until her voice was merely a whimper.

Jin sighed, gently stroking her hair.

"I know, princess," He started quietly, "I miss her too."

The child didn't respond, she only held onto his shirt tightly, her golden eyes still searching for your familiar figure among the crowd of people.

Jimin's eyes watched from afar as Jin held the infant, his chest tightening in guilt and sorrow. He remembered your last words to Jin, and even if they weren't directed towards him, he couldn't help but feel like you wanted him to hear it and heed to your advice as well.

The silver haired prince let out a heavy sigh.

Most of his life was spent hating his older brother, cursing his name and hurting him verbally every chance he got. He despised the way Jin acted and carried himself, he hated the fact that he ran away from responsibility and acted as though his own mothers death didn't even effect him.

But he remembered your words.

Maybe you were right....maybe drinking and sleeping around was Jin's way of coping, after all Jimin wasn't much comfort to him in those dark days, and he often refused to let Jungkook even go near the rosy haired prince. Jin wasn't a legitimate heir, he wasn't even a legitimate son, when their mother died Jimin still had his brother and father....Jin had no one.

Jimin ran a hand through his silver locks, his feet slowly pulling him towards his older brother, as he watched Jin, stroke the baby's head.

"Jin," Jimin started, grasping the elders attention. "Can we....talk?"

Jin's golden eyes widen at his brother's sudden request. Jimin never spoke to Jin, unless he was forced to, and now he is willingly approaching him and asking to speak with him....was something wrong with him?

Swallowing his doubts, Jin nodded and followed Jimin halfway up the stair case, where no one could hear their conversation.

"Are you finally going to kill me?" Jin asked, his expression serious.

Jimin sighed, shaking his head. "No."

"Then why have you brought me here?"

The younger male breathed in, his mind running everywhere as his eyes locked with his brothers.

"I'm sorry."

Jin's golden eyes widened in shock at his brothers words, his mouth falling open in pure disbelief. Jimin and Jin had been at odds since they were teenagers, each of them never even daring to speak to one another. They both had their fun torturing each other and making their lives miserable. Jimin swore to Jin that he would hate him forever and never forgive him for the death pf their mother, and yet here he was.....apologizing.

Jimin's eyes searched his brother's face for a reaction, his golden eyes watching as Jin merely stared at him in disbelief.

"Wh-what?" Jin breathed out.

Jimin sighed once again.

"I have hated you since we were boys, I have often found myself dreaming of running a knife through your heart, I wanted nothing more than to see you dead. You were cocky, arrogant, and I despised the way you treated women..."Jimin's gaze fell to the floor. "But Y/n changed you."

Jin remained silent as he continued to listen to his brother's words.

"When we began this mission, I could tell that your only goal was to get her in bed with you, I saw the way you looked at her and eyed her like she was a piece of meat, and it made me despise you even more......but the day Hoseok died...when she wouldn't leave him... when she cried in the rain, I watched you hold her and protect her from the cold... You didn't flirt, and you didn't waver. I knew then that your intentions had grown into something deeper than lust....I knew that you had fallen in love with her.... And that only made me more angry at you. Watching you change for a woman you had only known a few days, when your own mother's death didn't even seem to affect you...."

Jimin sighed.

"But I realize now, that we have all changed because of her... she has brought out the best and worst sides of us, and none of us can seem to stop loving her for it...Our mother's death wasn't your fault... It never was....So I am sincerely sorry for everything I've done."

A small smile graced Jin's handsome features as he watched a few stray tears roll down his brothers cheeks. Jin couldn't seem to stop his own tears from falling as he wrapped his free arm around his brother, careful yo not wake up the baby that slept on his shoulder.

Jin rubbed Jimin's back in a comforting way.

"I forgive you, brother."

Jimin smiled brightly, wiping his tears as he moved away from Jin.

"Thank you." He said quietly.

Jin smiled reassuringly at him.

"You're welcome."

The two men smiled widely, neither of them speaking another word as the descended the staircase, back into the cell room.

The people were in an uproar.

They were yelling questions and insults to Jungkook and Namjoon, their voices over lapping to make a sea of noise and chatter.

"You're a sorcerer," one man screamed. "You can find give us food!"

Namjoon sighed heavily and shook his head.

"I'm afraid I cannot. We will just have to wait for nightfall like Lady Y/n instructed-"

"Lady Y/n?" Hannah suddenly spoke. "Why should we listen to her instructions? After all she's the reason that the beast is even here. None of this would have happened if you would have just killed her."

The crowd agreed with her fervently, each of them nodding their heads.

"We are listening to her because I trust her, she has been nothing but good to you people since she arrived here."

Hannah scoffed.

"Good? She knew that her curse would attract a dragon and yet she stayed anyway, not even considering the safety of these people and if that weren't enough reason to hate her.. she also stole my fiance."

Once again, the crowd seemed to be on her side, their voices becoming louder in their support for the raven haired duchess.

"She brought death and destruction upon us, people have died because of her selfishness and she doesn't even show her face down here with us. She doesn't care about these people, she cares about protecting herself. She is just a little whore with a god complex who thinks that she can-"

"ENOUGH!"

Yoongi's voice silenced the crowd as he slowly walked to Namjoon and Jungkook, his red eyes sparkling with fury as Hannah's words.

"Listen to all of you." He started lowly. "You're all a bunch of hypocrites."

Silence filled the air as everyone watched Yoongi fume, his body dangerously tense.

"A few days ago, each one of you supported Y/n, you all saved her life...and now look at yourselves....Turning against her like rats at the first sign of trouble...I understand that you've lost loved ones, believe me, I do. But while each one of you are belly aching and taking her side," Yoongi pointed to Hannah. "Y/n is out there, giving her life so each one of you can continue to live in happiness....but you all refuse to see that, because your fear has made you cowards and traitors."

Yoongi suddenly walked through the crowd to Jin, gently taking the sleeping infant into his own arms.

"This child is proof that y/n  is not just a "whore with a god complex". She is loving and kind. I know you've lost your homes and family members.....But don't you dare stand down here and scream at us as though we have lost nothing in this fight, don't you dare drag y/n's name through the mud and talk as though she didn't even care.....because her only sin was caring too much."

The crowd didn't move....they all hung their heads in shame at Yoongi's words. They knew he was right. You had never done anything to hurt them directly, it wasn't your fault that you were cursed and they seemed to have forgotten that small fact.

Hannah's scoff broke the silence.

"Even if y/n is some kind of hero like you say she is... It doesn't change the fact that we are all hungry and there are children that need feeding. We can't just sit down here without any provisions."

"Very well," Namjoon sighed. "I will go above ground and see if the beast has gone yet."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"It has only been one hour since y/n left... it is much too dangerous to go out there alone."

"Then I'll go with him" Taehyung spoke up. "Two heads are better than one."

"We'll all go." Jin began. "We will cover more ground this way. JYoongi can stay here and keep a watch over things while we are gone."

The dark prince shook his head.

"I want to go too." He said. "If y/n is still alive-"

Jimin frowned at the raven haired prince.

"I don't think she is, Yoongi." He sighed. "Stay here and watch over everyone, we will be back shortly."

Yoongi huffed angrily.

"You can't just leave me out, I want to help!"

"And you are." Hoseok stated. " By watching and leading the people."

"Why can't Jungkook stay?! He's the youngest!"

Namjoon sighed.

"Jungkook has more battle experience than you."

"But-"

Jin sighed.

"Just stay here."

Yoongi huffed in annoyance and nodded, the baby in his arms beginning to stir awake.

His now orange eyes widened as the small infant stared up at him with a large smile, a giggle escaping her lips as she gently touched his chin.

Panic settled on Yoongi's face as his gaze met Jin's.

"She's awake. What do I do?!"

Jin chuckled, amused to see the usually tough Yoongi fall apart over a baby.

"Just hold her and make her laugh."

Yoongi shook his head.

"This is a bad idea. I've never even held a baby!"

Jungkook released a laugh.

"Now is your chance to practice."

The dark-haired prince opened his mouth to speak, but the group of men had already begun walking away from him. His tangerine eyes watched as they walked up the stairs, leaving him alone with the smiling baby girl.

"This is not going to end well."

____________________________________________________

The six men slowly approached the prison doors, their minds racing with different scenarios of hell that awaited them behind those doors. Their hearts were racing as each one of them drew their weapons, chest heaving in anticipation as Namjoon slowly placed his hand on the golden door handle.

"Ready?" He asked, looking at the men.

They all nodded, taking deep breaths and mentally preparing for whatever awaited them beyond those doors.

Namjoon pulled the door open swiftly and each one of them jumped out of the prison, their eyes searching for any kind of threat.....but there were none.

The town was silent, the sound of fire was the only thing that could be heard other than their labored breathing.

Jimin glanced around in curiosity.

"Did the beast already leave?"

A heavy silence fell over everyone, if the dragon had left then that meant that it had captured you.

Each one of them hang their heads in sadness, none of them daring to break the silence that surrounded them.

"What are you doing?"

All of the men jumped to action at the familiar voice that suddenly filled the air, their chest heaving in excitement.

You stood smiling at them, your blue eyes sparkling happily as you watched them all jump in fright. You couldn't hold back your laughter as they all looked at you awestruck.

"y-y/n?" Jimin's voice breathed out softly.

You nodded happily.

"The one and only."

The silver haired prince slowly approached you, tears lining his eyes as he cupped your face and took in your soft features, his heart racing in his chest.

"Is it really you?"

You smiled.

"Do you know someone else with cursed eyes?"

Jimin chuckles happily, tears escaping his eyes and falling down his cheeks as he pulled you into a tight embrace, his hand stroking your hair lovingly.

You hugged him back, happy to see him again.

"I don't understand," Jungkook started. " If you're here...where is the dragon?"

You bit your lip, pulling away from Jimin and scratching your neck nervously.

"Well..."

Suddenly a loud roar filled the air, shaking the foundation of the town as loud, havy foot steps approached all of you.

The boys immediately jumped into action, pulling you behind them and raising their weapons in a defensive position as the silver dragon came into view, it's blue eyes searching for you.

"Guys-"

"Stay behind us Y/n." Jimin said.

The dragon's eyes fell onto the group of men around you and it roared dangerously, stomping one of it's front feet into the ground as a warning.

"But-"

"Just stay behind us!" Jungkook screamed.

The dragon released another roar, causing you to cover our ears at it's volume, your eyes watching as it stepped closer. It opened it's mouth again, this time you could see a yellow light glowing from it's throat, which meant one thing.... it was about to burn everyone to a crisp.

You jumped out from behind the men, raising your hands in front of you as you slowly approached the dragon.

"What are you doing?!" Hoseok yelled. "Get back here!"

You ignored him and continued to advance on the beast.

"It's okay, Drake." You cooed to the monster, causing the men to look at you curiously.

"They're my friends." You stated as your hand gently met the dragon's snout, causing the beast to calm down and close it's eyes leaning into your touch.

"What is going on here?!" Taehyung asked.

You smiled nervously.

"This is Drake.....I'm his Rider."

A/N,

Hello everyone! I know this isn't as action filled as it should've been but I needed a filler and here it is.

I am really grateful to everyone who supports this book, by voting and commenting. You guys are amazing.

I really want to answer any questions you might have, so don't forget to comment questions for the "character Q&A". Also, if there is nay fanart you would like to send in please don't be shy, I have received a few drawing already and just wow! I really want to publish all of your work so don't be shy!

And if someone would like to make me a new book cover, or a video trailer for this book I would absolutely love them forever!!!!!

Now to the sad news....This book will be ending soon, things are about to wrap up, but I have decided to do multiple endings for each member so yay!!!!

And on a good note.......There will be a sequel  to The Four Kingdoms. I can't give too much information away right now... but let's just say I've had this idea sitting in my drafts for a while.....

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 479 37
YN has really had a tough go, breaking up with a no good ex and rediscovering herself. One day she unexpectedly runs into a man that makes her feel a...
862K 33.7K 21
❝I swear she's the only person that can make me stay sane even though I'm insanely in love with her.❞ ══════ •◦ ❉ ◦• ══════ ➺ MAFIA AU >>> BOOK 1 ➺ m...
501K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently 💞 under some final...
8.1K 235 20
A BTS fan has a chance to have her fantasies come true. Will she take it? Warning: contains some harsh language and may contain sexual content later...