Worth It

由 blackgirlwrites

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol 更多

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 42: New Life
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You

1K 49 9
由 blackgirlwrites

...
The elevator ride to the first floor felt like a lifetime. When I got off I realized that I had been holding my breath. I exhaled and walked out into the open air. When I got to my car Oliver was leaning against the back of it with his phone up to his ear. When he saw me approaching he stood up and slipped his phone in his back pocket. "Hey. I was just calling you," he said as he walked over to me. Oliver met me in the small distance between us. He looked at my somber expression and gently grabbed ahold of my arms. He stepped closer to me. "What's wrong? Did something happen between you and Kevin? Before I could respond tears had already began to roll down my face. "Can we just get out of here," I sniveled. He nodded his head. "Absolutely. I parked right over here," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction of his car.

He unlocked the door and we got in. "So where to," he asked as he put on his seatbelt. I shrugged. "Anywhere."

"You got it," he said pulling off. I leaned my head against the window and tried to rest, but memories of Kevin wouldn't let me. I sat up. "On second thought, can we just go to your house?"

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever you want."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it," he said squeezing my leg.

Nearly thirty minutes later we arrived back to Oliver's place. "Do you need anything," he asked after we walked into the house. "No. I'm okay," I said as I neared the kitchen. I sat down on the bar stool. "You can go upstairs to the bedroom or you can stretch out on the couch." I hunched my shoulders. "No. That's okay. I'm comfortable here." Oliver titled his head downward. "You sure?" I gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine," I said dragging my hands down his arms. "I just wanna sit here for a little bit." He gave in. "Okay. Well, while you do that I'll be in the shower. Feel free to help yourself to whatevers in the house."

"Thank you."

"No problem," Oliver said as he turned to walk away. I reached out and grabbed his hand. He turned back around and faced me. I pulled him close until he was standing in the space between my legs. "You good?" He asked. I looked at him and was suddenly unable to string together a full sentence, so instead I reached up and pulled him in, pressing my lips to his until they worked out their own kind of rhythm. Oliver's warm hands slid up to the sides of my neck as he kissed me. "What was that for," he asked as he pulled away. "I---I don't know," I stammered. "I guess it's a thank you for coming to my rescue tonight." Oliver placed his index finger under my chin. "You never have to thank me for doing what I always will," he said and then he leaned in to kiss me again. Oliver grabbed me by my hand and pulled me up. "Come on. Let's go to bed. It's late." I stood up and allowed myself to be led out of the kitchen by Oliver.

I was so tired by the time I laid down that night. The events that transpired earlier definitely wore me out and had me asleep within minutes.
..
The next morning I was startled awake by a loud banging noise. It reminded me of the time my mom came banging on my door one morning to start trouble. I tried to shake Oliver awake. "Lee," I groaned, "wake up."

"What's wrong," he mumbled.

"You don't hear that banging? It's loud as shit."

"Yeah," he sighed as he turned over on his otherside.

"Can you get up to see who that is so I can go back to sleep?"

"You go," he said tiredly.

"Nigga I don't live here."

"Yeah, you just eat up all of my food," he teased. "Shut up and answer the door," I chuckled. He pulled the covers back and slowly got out of bed. As he made his way downstairs I pulled the covers back over my body and adjusted my head on the pillow. I was starting to drift back to sleep when I heard yelling come from downstairs followed by more loud banging. "What the fuck is going on," I groaned.

Faintly downstairs I heard a girl say, "Go ahead. Answer it! I wonder if it's the bitch you've been sleeping with!"

"There's nobody else," he said back. "Well that's not what Amber's been telling me." Oliver scoffed. "Trinity she don't even like you. Why would she tell you the truth?"

Before she could give her rebuttal the knocking got louder. "Well. Aren't you gonna answer it?" She said mockingly. Oliver huffed and gave in. "Fine. Are you happy now."

I heard the door open and someone say abruptly, "Where's Alyssa?"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Who the fuck is down there asking for me?"

"Alyssa! Alyssa! You up here?"

"Is that Kevin? What the hell could he be doing here," I wondered.

I got out of bed and walked over to the bedroom door.  I opened it and saw Kevin walking towards me. I leaned up against the doorway. "Kevin," I yawned, "What are you doing here?"

"Alyssa," Kevin said looking me over, "I need to talk to you." I was wearing my bra and panties and Kevin couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of me. "Kevin what's going on?" I said redirecting his attention away from my body. "Can you put some clothes on? I can't talk to you like that," he said pointing at me. I scrunched up my face. "Okay," I said turning around to go back into the bedroom. I went over to the dresser and pulled out one of Oliver's t-shirts. I threw it on and turned to face Kevin. "Better," I huffed as a threw open my arms. "I guess it's gonna have to do," he said walking further into the room. I sat down on the bed and tucked one leg underneath me. "So what's up? What's so heavy on your mind that it got you here at nine in the morning?"

"Well. You know how we agreed to get a divorce a few weeks ago?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

"Well I got a lawyer."

"Well, good for you---I think. Um...I don't actually know what's the appropriate thing to say in this situation." I think I saw Kevin smile, but I wasn't sure, because it came and went so quickly.

Kevin shoved his hands in his pocket. "So, I just found out that we can't get divorced."

"Why?"

"Because as it turns out we aren't actually married." My mouth hung open. "What the fuck? How is that possible?"

"Believe me. I had the same reaction. Turns out the judge who married us wasn't actually certified to do so."

"How's that?"

"He wasn't a real judge. The courthouse didn't even have him in the system."

I threw myself back onto the bed. "Oh wow. We got screwed over big time." I sat back up and crammed my hands into my lap. I looked up at Kevin. "So. What now?"

"Well, we're not married so I can't divorce you anymore, but I, um," Kevin said swiping his nose, "still think we should break up. I think that it's the best thing for us." Kevin moved closer to me and grabbed my wrist. He dug in his pocket and placed his apartment key in my hand. "I really came over here to explain the situation to you and to say goodbye. I hope you're happy with Oliver and that he treats you well." Tears were beginning to well in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away. "I'll always love you Lys," Kevin said fighting back tears, "you know that." I dabbed under my eyes. "Yeah," I sniveled. Kevin leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "See you later beautiful," he said as he turned to walk away.

When Kevin returned downstairs I could hear Trinity still arguing with Oliver. "So apparently the bitch is here, because he's just coming back downstairs after like ten minutes."

The next thing I knew the girl was bolting up the steps. Oliver tried to stop her. She rushed into the room and stood in the doorway staring at me. "Damn. That crazy ass bitch was right," she mumbled. Oliver came up behind her. "Trin I can explain," he started, but she cut him off and turned to face him. "No you can't," she said shaking her head. "How do you explain cheating on me with her?" She turned away and headed for the door. Oliver tried to stop her from leaving. "Don't follow me," she snapped. "Stay here with your girlfriend."

Oliver turned to look at me. I took a deep breath and plopped back down onto the bed. Oliver sat down behind me. "Well this has turned out to be an interesting morning," I said leaning the back of my head against his chest. "I don't even wanna ask how it could get worse."

As if on cue my phone started to vibrate on the nightstand. Oliver leaned across the bed and grabbed it for me. "It's your mom. You want it?" After a short contemplation, I sighed. "Yeah. Hand it to me."

I unlocked my phone screen. "Hey ma," I said into the phone.

"Hey Alyssa! You busy?" She said cheerfully. "No ma. I'm not busy. What's up?" 

"Well then you could have answered your phone when I called you the first time?"

"Here we go," I mumbled. "Ma I probably was busy then, because I didn't hear my phone ring." I was almost certain that she was rolling her eyes now. "Mmhm," she replied. I ignored her. "So ma, is there any particular reason that you called?"

"Well no. I just figured since we hadn't talked in a while I should give you a call and check-in."

"Oh okay. Well I'm fine." Oliver stroked the sides of my arms and planted soft kisses down my neck.

"Are you sure you're not busy," my mom questioned. "You seem busy." "Ma stop it. You got me on the phone. So talk. What's up," I said calmly. "I don't know. You tell me Lys!" I swear I could hear her smirking through the phone as if she already knew the events that had transpired this morning. She was intuitive as fuck and it irked the shit out of me. Oliver's mouth gently grazed my ear. "Why niggas always gotta do this shit when you on the phone," I thought to myself as I shifted my body against him. Oliver's hands tickled my belly as he nibbled on my neck. I tried to refrain from laughing. "Quit it," I whispered as I playfully slapped his hands away. "I can't help it," he laughed.

"Who was that," my mom asked, the excitement in her voice undeniable.

"Who was who?"

My mom kissed her teeth. "Girl don't play with me. Who was the person who was just talking?"

"It's no one."

"No. It's not no one," she said matter-of-factly, "but I certainly know who it's not!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ma, I'm not doing this with you this morning."

"Where's Kevin," she interrogated. I was silent. "Okay. So where are you?" I sighed into the phone. "Are you seeing someone else?"

"Ma would you just let it go?"

"Alyssa---"

I cut her off. "Since you don't need anything I'm gonna go."

"Wait. Before I forget."

I continued to hold the phone up to my ear waiting for my mom to finish her thought. "Yes?"

"As you know I'm having my annual birthday party two months from today and I want you to come. All of your friends are welcome."

"Okay. I'll be there."

"And tell Kevin and the other man you're seeing that they can come too."

I rolled my eyes. "Bye ma," I said just before I clicked the 'end call' button. I scooted further down into the bed, now fully immersed in Oliver's embrace. "You've been invited to my mom's birthday party."

"Really? How? She know's about us?"

"No, she doesn't, but she heard you in the background which is also why she just referred to you as the "other man" that I'm seeing. If you actually decide to go though, she is going to fucking gag. She really liked you."

"It would be good to see everybody again," Oliver said contemplatively.

"Hey. No pressure or anything. It's not an obligation," I reassured him.

"It's no pressure at all," he said rubbing my leg. "I think I'll go."

"Are you sure? Kevin'll probably be there. He was invited too."

"You don't think it would be awkward for him?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Probably not, because my family doesn't know yet. Trust me. It'd be a mess if they did."

By the night of the party, that statement would come to bite all three of us in the ass.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

15 0 1
(y/n)... 1st story in this app, hope you enjoy! : ) This contain ⚠️ Bad words/swear. Bad Grammar. Some 18+ scene etc. This story might have 15 chapte...
PASSION 由 Piyu

同人小说

8.1K 734 68
Okay so this story is written two years back , so if it's cliché , understand . And I was really new to writing . If you guys have read it before I u...
13.8K 313 55
"I can't trust you, I can't listen to you, I can't believe you. I want nothing to do with you get the fuck out of my life Harry!" I yell at him while...
1.2M 25.5K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...