Hunting Cheaters | ✓

Od sayhellokk

Olivia Bailon was a beauty and she knew it. The thing she despises most is a cheater. So she's made it her li... Více

Hunting Cheaters
Prologue
1 | Men
2 | Low
3 | Almost
4 | Why
5 | Death
6 | Homeless
7 | Gone
8 | Careful
9 | Fall
10 | Maybe
11 | Wrong
12 | Peter
13 | Needed
14 | Icy
15 | Choose
16 | Shattered
18 | Cheaters
19 | Aspen
20 | Say
21 | Eventually
22 | Rose-colored
23 | Giddy
24 | Hold
25 | Naomi
26 | Breathe
27 | Try
28 | Found
Epilogue

17 | Dilemma

3K 111 12
Od sayhellokk

(please don't forget to comment and vote.)

"My asylum is in your arms. When the world gives heavy burdens, I can bear a thousand times on your shoulder. I can reach an endless sky, feels like paradise. Put two and to-gether, for-ever will never change
Two and to-gether will never change"

~ Uncover (Uncover)

OLIVIA

The smell of coffee woke me up. I let out a groan, rubbing my eyes as I stretched. The blinds were still closed, but the sunlight fighting to peek through was enough to let me know Hunter was up. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I wanted more to go to him.

So, I pushed the heavy covers off me and went to the restroom to take care of business. I used the extra toothbrush he'd given me when I stayed over the past few days to brush my teeth. I finger-combed my hair and put it into a bun to hide how badly I needed to wash it. Once I washed and dried my face, I turned off the light and made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. I could hear Hunter humming along to whoever the artist was that was performing on GMA.

As soon as I caught full sight of him, I smiled. He was shirtless and wearing black sweats as he maneuvered around his kitchen. His back was to me while he scrambled some eggs on the stove. I stood there for a solid minute, just taking in the cut lines on his back that lined his well-defined muscles. He looked so good, like a tall glass of ice water on a hot summer day. My mouth watered and I licked my lips when my eyes traveled to his arms. Instinctively, I walked closer, his presence pulling me in. As soon as I reached him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my cheek on his back.

He almost startled. "Oh, shit. You almost scared of me."

I grinned. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

His free hand wrapped around mine. "How'd you sleep?"

"Really good. You're really comfortable."

He laughed. "Thanks, Maleficent."

My head rose. "Still calling me that, huh?"

"Does it bother you?"

I considered him for a second. "What if it did?"

"I guess I'll stop."

My eyebrows furrowed. "But thick skin, remember?"

He shook his head. "I said that about differing opinions. I'm not gonna call my girlfriend a nickname that obviously bothers her."

My breath hitched in my throat and I tightened my hold on his waist. "Say that again," I whispered, unable to hide how affected I was by his words.

"I'm not gonna call you Maleficent if it bothers you, Liv," he rephrased, turning off the stove.

"No, no," I mumbled against his back, "the first part."

"The first part?" his voice trailed off as he tried to recall. Then it hit him, "was it the word girlfriend?"

I nodded frantically.

He chuckled softly. Then he turned around, not breaking my hold. And when I saw his handsome face for the first time today, pride flooded my bloodstream. He placed a finger below my chin and raised my head so I could make direct eye contact. "You are my girlfriend."

"And you're mine."

"I most certainly am not your girlfriend, Liv," he teased, a wolfish grin playing on his lips.

I scoffed and pushed him, causing his hand to fall from my face. "I was trying to be cute and you ruined it."

"But you're always cute," he said, watching me with amusement.

I rolled my eyes at him and unwrapped my arms from his waist. I walked to the counters to grab two coffee mugs. "Am I?"

He followed me to the Keurig, placing a lock of hair that had fallen on my face behind my ear. My face flushed. "Yeah, and you're fucking gorgeous." He eyed my whole body, drinking me in as if this was the first time he saw me; I was still dressed in Aria's ever so revealing PJs from last night. "That-wow, thank you to whoever made that. You look absolutely delicious."

I got tongue-tied and fumbled out, "Language, Davis." I wasn't breathing properly, and I felt lightheaded as his words replayed in my mind.

He arched an eyebrow as he let out a low laugh. "Okay, Captain America."

I took in a deep breath, calming myself down. I tried offering him a sultry smile. "Does that mean I have a nice ass?"

At that, he bellowed out a loud laugh. It was music to my ears, more beautiful than any Mozart or Beethoven symphony. "I can't believe you said that. That was good."

Joy overtook my face. "I know. You're welcome."

He shook his head at me. "Well, you're not wrong, so there you go."

I stared at him with my lips parted for a few seconds. "Thanks."

He winked at me. "Well, you know how I like mine," he said before eyeing the coffee mugs, looking back at me and then turning to walk back to the eggs.

"Coffee flavored milk, right?"

He glared at me from across the kitchen. "Do that and I will personally place you on a rocket to take you out of the solar system. Don't ask me how."

"But wouldn't you miss me?" I goaded.

He shook his head firmly. "No. If you're gonna give me coffee-flavored milk after I slaved for hours to scramble eggs for you, you deserve everything coming to you."

"You're ridiculous," I laughed. Nonetheless, I prepared both of our coffees to each of our tastes as he plated our food. We set up the dining table for just the two of us and sat in adjacent seats.

We ate breakfast while watching a random comedy Netflix special. We almost died multiple times because we were laughing way too hard at the special. Or one of us would make a stupid remark that would set the other off. I cried three separate times uncontrollably in the span of an hour and a half. It was the best breakfast of my life.

When we finally finished eating and calmed down, we washed the dishes and put everything away. We now sat on the couch, staring at the DNA sample he'd ordered a few weeks ago. We'd talked about sending out the sample today. Now that the time was here, though, I was unsure.

"You look nervous," he commented, sipping on his coffee.

"That's cause I am."

"You don't have to do this."

"I know."

"And you still want to?"

I nodded.

"Sure?"

I turned to look at him, catching his eyes. "More than anything."

He gave me a sweet smile and nodded at the box. "Then it's all yours."

Nodding, I turned to the box and slowly picked it up. My nerves rose as I opened it, taking out the little tube. Then I stared at it as if it was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

My nerves peaked and my strong facade fell. "Fuck, I can't."

Putting the coffee mug down, he responded, "that's okay."

"No, no," I shook my head. "I want to do it. I just can't..."

Scooting closer, he took the tube from my hands and opened it. Taking out one of the swabs, he looked back at me. "Open up, feisty."

I swallowed, my nerves taking a nosedive. I gave him a nod and did as he asked. He swabbed my cheeks and did as instructed in the manual.

He packaged it all up and set up the tube number online. I watched him do it all. I sat there, a fully capable woman, watching him do something for me that I could've forced myself to do. But I didn't have to and that was the part I was learning to accept.

When he came back from putting the shipment package with everything else he was going to take to the post office today, he came in smiling.

"Thank you," I said as soon as he sat down next to me.

He placed his hand on my knee. "For what?"

"For helping me with the test," I explained, starting to ramble, "it was overwhelming and I don't know how long it would've taken me to overcome that to actually take the test."

Raising his hand to my thighs, he squeezed. "It wasn't a problem at all."

I placed my hands on top of his, breathing heavier as the feel of his hand corrupted my thoughts. "Don't start something you're not willing to finish, Hunter," I said.

His lips burst into a wicked smile. "It's not that I'm not willing to finish."

"Then what is it?"

"I'll finish it when it's the right time," he said simply.

"But tha-"

He interrupted me with his lips. My thoughts froze, the whole world falling away way too easily. My heart burst with excitement as I rushed to kiss him back with as much passion as he gave me.

Before much can happen, he pulled away, making me groan. "Was that enough?"

Dazed, I tried to answer. "What, no? Are you kidding?"

"Good."

***

"Will you stop worrying? Everything looks great," I tried to tell Hunter. He kept trying to fix the food he'd made for Peter and the way it was presented. It was the day of his infamous barbeque. He'd spent the last few days worrying over how he was going to keep the barbeque the same while still accommodating to Peter with all the meds and the foods he wasn't allowed to eat. He was originally going to push it back, but Peter practically threatened to throw him in a river if he did, especially if he did it because of him, so here we are.

His bachelor pad looked great and it smelled even better. His backyard was full of food and drinks and challenges everyone liked to play. I had tried help him prepare as much as I could, but my time of leave was over and as soon as I'd gone back to work fully, the workload flooded in. It was like trying to drink out of a firehose. Regardless, he had done all the work and I was proud.

Nina, who had nearly broken her water when she found out about Hunter and me, said everyone invited usually comes. Apparently, he has a ninety-nine to a hundred percent attendance. Which, isn't that surprising, considering it's Hunter we're talking about.

"He'll like it, right?" he asked, wiping the plate clean again.

I finally walked up to him and grabbed his arms, forcing him to stop. "He will love it. He will love it even more since you took the time to make him food his doctor okayed. Stop stressing out, it's not healthy."

"You think so?" He looked at me with such vulnerable eyes.

I nodded fast. "I know so." Pecking his lips, I whispered, "Please stop worrying too much."

As he was about to answer, the doorbell rang. His eyes flashed in the general direction. "They're here."

"Can I come with?" I asked as he went to open the door.

He turned and gave me a warm look, reaching out an open hand. "Absolutely. Come on."

I took his hand and followed him to the door. And when he opened the door, my lips almost fell open at the number of people that stood there. It was still too early and there were at least twenty people here already.

"Hunter, man, what's up?" some guy yelled from the back.

"Just having the time of my life, Dylan," he laughed, "come on it, everybody!" We took a few steps back, letting the door open as wide as it can. People rushed in, quickly introducing themselves to me before walking to the backyard where the event was taking place. It was all fast-paced until Hunter muttered, "what the hell is she doing here, Peter?"

My eyes shot up, catching a man who looked like he'd lost a lot of weight recently next to a woman with short platinum hair. She was pretty, fitting well with the guy I assumed to be Peter.

"She really wanted to come," Peter answered, regret underlining his words, "I thought it would be nice."

"She's the reaso-" Hunter began to almost yell, but stopped short, "you know what? I can't do this anymore. You keep inviting her into your life as if you get amnesia every three to four months and I'm tired of it." He watched the two for a second before shaking his head and turning away from them. "I have a barbeque to start," he mumbled, walking away.

"Hunter, don't walk away from me," Peter said, urgency evident in every part of him as he tried to follow him, slow as he may be.

Once they were both out of sight, the girl approached me. "They've always been like that, you know?" She tried to joke.

My lips didn't even flinch. "You're Delilah, right? The reason Peter did what he did years ago?"

The blood drained from her face. "What did Hunter tell you?"

"Everything."

"There's no way he told you everything," she smiled, making me question her motive, "or else you wouldn't be here hosting the barbeque with him all lovey-dovey."

"I don't believe you. He told me everything I needed to know."

She let out a loud laugh. "Oh really? Did he tell you he and I hooked up while Peter and I were dating? He slept with the love of his best friend's life and then lied to his face about it. Is that your perfect Hunter? The one who told you everything?"

I shook my head, forcing myself to keep cool, even if my heart was trying to beat out of my chest. "I never said he was perfect. But he's a great guy and he doesn't have to tell me every bad thing he's ever done. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go be all lovey-dovey with the man you're trying to defame. Feel free to make yourself feel at home."

I gave her the fakest smile because as much as I tried to be genuine, I couldn't. At least not to her face. I turned and walked away before she could react.

My heart thumped against my chest and my breathing quickened as her words repeated in my mind.

He slept with her.

While she was with Peter.

I wanted to believe she was lying, but why would she? She knows I could just go and ask him right now to prove her wrong if she was lying.

Amber told me over and over again not to do this.

Her words flashed to the front of my mind and I almost chided myself for not believing her then.

If he'd so easily slept with someone in a relationship, hurting his best friend, why would he stop from hurting me?

I groaned, shaking my head at myself.

No. I argued, pushing back against my own thoughts.

Hunter was a good man.

He was so in love with her then, he told me so himself. Is it a surprise he took whatever she offered then?

I felt a headache coming on as I pondered over whether I was making excuses to justify his actions. Letting out another groan, I rubbed my temples and walked to the fridge to grab a drink of one of the alcoholic drinks Hunter had prepared.

I took a swing of the whole cup and almost coughed at how strong it was as it burned down my throat.

Hunter is a good man, I tried to remind myself.

He was a great guy and his actions more than proved that. One mistake doesn't change anything.

I nodded, downing another cup to calm my racing heart.

~~~

(please don't forget to comment and vote. thank you so much for all the support)

- what are your thoughts on this chapter?

- what are your thoughts on Hunter and Olivia?

- what do you think about what happened with Hunter and Delilah?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

11.5M 233K 48
Jordan's life changed the moment she met Jesse Jacobsen. He was immature, cocky, and the most annoying boy she had ever met in her entire life. And h...
199K 4.8K 23
I heard you're a player. So let's play a game. Let's sweet talk. Let's play fight. Let's talk 24/7. Let's tell each other good morning and good nig...
2.9K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
200K 6.7K 43
#79 in Chicklit {highest ranking} [Completed] WARNING -This is my first books so read at your own risk plus please don't judge my writing with just t...