Song of The Rebellion

By mahriyumm

◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #04 ◢ Promise of the Twelve - End of the rebellion as prophecied by the titan goddess, Mnemos... More

The Mistake
Alpha Omegas
Breakfast
Manifestations
Worried Oracle
Sweet as It Sounds
Sleep Tight
The Biggest Sin
Proudest Grace
Conflicted
Missing Voice
Betrayed
Last Nerves
My Name
Safehaven
More than Blessed
A Long Night
Reconcile
Responsibility
Reversed
Left
⚠ My Rights ⚠
Settled In
Cold
Our Destiny
Risked
Her Descendant
All-Seeing
Till the End
Freedom
From the Past
The Present Realm
The Heavens
The Underworld
The Mortal Realms
The Future
The Beginning
Helen of Troy
Arcadians
The Night
SC: Run To You
Rewriting History
Saving Gods
Coupled
Destroyed
The Descendants
Sightless
The Four Immortals
Untouchable
Not an UD: Updates
Candle
Stitched
The Rebels
Clairvoyance
Thoughts
Chthonic
In The End
Time Flies
The Way Back
Drawing Close
From the Depths
Far from Home
Breathe
Genesis
Up Down
Unfinished
Downfall
Revolution
Spectra
Rise Up
End of the World
Timeless
Edge of the Night
Book Note
DEDICATIONS
Gold
Masterpiece
The Depth
SOTR: PLAYLIST

Memories

132K 7.8K 9.6K
By mahriyumm

(A/N: Most requested. You'll have to read it slowly though, you might get confused because the italicized paragraphs are memories from different times. Anyways, Enjoy! xx.)

Trev's POV

'Po? Pa'no po yun?!'

I squinted my eyes while listening to the student pleading in front of their principal.

She's desperate.

'Eh? I apologize Mr. Principal pero eto lang po ang school na maaafford namin ni auntie at di ko po kayang ma expell..' she said, tears threatening to spill.

A daughter of Aphrodite huh?

Another pain in the ass.

I have to babysit the daughter of Apollo and son of Hermes. Pagkatapos, malalaman ko nalang na may idadagdag pa ang Academy sa babantayan ko.

As if Art and Chase aren't enough.

Tsk.

This is going to be the last straw. Another one of these demigods and I will burn that place down including their staffs. I swear on my mother's grave.

'Please do give me a chance... promise. I won't be late and tardy.. just please.. I need to graduate para makaahon kami at magkatrabaho ako. Please nama-'

I watch as the principal snuck out a letter from a cabinet and put it on his desk.

'We're so sorry... here's the letter. Give it to your aunt. We can't do anything for this case so just pick up that letter and go home.'

Agad kinuha ng estudyante ang sulat at tumakbo papalabas ng office.

I waited until I can no longer hear footsteps before stepping out of the shadows. From the darkest corner of the room, I revealed myself.

Then, I handed him an envelope with a cheque worth ten million. Unsurprisingly, mabilisan niya itong kinuha mula sa kamay ko.

'Pero atin-atin lang to ha...' the principal leaned closer. 'Sa'n nyo ba talaga siya dadalhin? Okay lang sa'kin kung.. alam niyo na... baka gusto niyo pa ng serbisyo ko.. marami pa naman akong magagandang estudyante dito-'

'This is not human trafficking, mortal.' I informed him.  'nor any of your business, not anymore.'

Nagsimula na akong humakbang papalabas nang makarinig ako ng kasa ng baril mula sa likuran ko.

'Gusto ko pa ng maraming pera.' narinig kong sabi niya.

Umikot ako.

'Pull the trigger.' utos ko sa kanya.

He didn't even give it a single thought and immediately pulled the trigger.

To his surprise, it was blank.

I grinned as the skies from outside his window grew darker and darker... until wind broke the glass and knocked off the gun from his hand.

Nang dahil sa gulat, napaupo siya sa kanyang upuan na nanginginig at pinagpapawisan.

Pity.

I maintained my silence until I twisted the door knob.

'I trust that you will keep your students away from dangerous businesses, will you?'

'O-opo...'

•••

Nakamasid ako sa tapat ng bahay nila nang sunduin siya.

The Academy sent me to the realms to take care of that girl's previous school. A staff of the Academy working there reported a presence of a demigod and they investigated it. True enough, there was one.

And just by the looks of her, she belongs to Aphrodite.

And she's going to have a hard time adapting.

The engine started and the car took off. Sinundan ko ito ng tingin hanggang sa tuluyan na nga itong maglaho sa pananaw ko.

I waited for a few minutes before I got into my car and followed their trail.

The Academy didn't ask me to come back for her.

But something in me wanted to and so I did come back-

I hit the brakes.

'Damn.' I groaned.

Nalilito na ako sa sarili ko. I can't keep myself together.

The first time I laid my eyes on her, something in me clicked. My skin is itching. I couldn't sleep. Every breath I take sends electricity to my nerves.

This isn't normal.

May nangyayari sa'kin.

At dahil ito sa kanya.

I sighed when I summoned a cloud of rain above me.

'I am going to find out who you are, demigod.' I mumbled under my breath.

"Trev?"

I opened my eyes the moment her voice brought me back to reality.

"Why are you still awake?" I looked at her. "It's almost midnight."

"Eh ikaw?" ibinalik niya ang tanong sa'kin. "Aalis na tayo bukas, ba't di ka pa nagpapahinga?"

"Hmm.." she leaned closer. "Nag e-emote na pala ang anak ni Zeus dito sa veranda?"

I tried my best not to smile and gave her a serious look instead. Everytime I see her... it gets harder and harder to look tough.

No doubt.

She is my weakness, afterall.

"Pwede ba kahit isang ngiti lang? Pleasee?" ngumuso siya.

This time, naging seryoso na ang tingin ko sa kanya. Gods remind her not to do that in front of me and I might do something that will stop her from talking.

Should I?

"Hmp." she rolled her eyes at me. "Seryoso na nga. Ano bang iniisip mo at bakit ka nandito mag-isa?"

"Memories, Cesia." I said, almost to a hush. "Memories of us."

There's really no point of not telling her the truth and I see no reason as to why she doesn't have to know.

Mahirap umiwas sa mga tanong na gusto mong iwasan. Lalo na kung nagmumula ito sa kanya.

"The memories I saw before they brought me back to life." I added.

The memories of us that only I have.

I looked down to see her hand caressing mine. The space between our hands filled with sparks until there wasn't space anymore. She gave me a gentle squeeze and smiled.

"What is it?" nakakunot ang aking noo habang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Nung niligtas mo si Zeus..." tugon niya. "Hindi mo man lang ba naisip... bago mo gawin 'yon, kung anong mangyayari sa'kin? kung ano ang mararamdaman ko?"

"If the death of me meant your awakening..." I held her hand tight. "So be it."

I did think about her. Bago pa man nagsimula ang lahat, walang ni isang segundo na hindi siya ang laman ng isipan ko.

Binitawan niya ang kamay ko. "S-so... balak mo talagang mamatay ganon?"

I stood silently.

Deep inside, I know she's mad at me. She has the right to be. After I decided to die, everyone felt it.

Even the souls of the Underworld.

Even me.

I felt all the emotions she released. Her pain, anger, mourning and longing.

She snapped.

And I felt every bit of it.

"Hey..." I gently brushed her hair. "I know what I did... I'm sorry."

Hindi siya sumagot.

Napagtanto kong matatagalan pa bago siya magsalita kaya't nag-isip ako ng pwedeng gawin.

I summoned a storm beside the Academy and I noticed how her ears perked up at the sound of thunder.

"You like it, don't you?" I smirked.

She looked sideways, an obvious way of avoiding my gaze. "Ano na namang trip mo?"

"Hold my hand... and remember, don't be too loud." I offered my hand. "You might wake the others."

Soon enough, I found the both of us inside the storm. With arms folded on my chest, I hid behind a cloud and stared at the girl playing with lightning.

'Is she awake?'

'Not yet.' Liv answered. 'but she's going to be fine.'

I knew it. I shouldn't have let her finish those wolves alone. I shouldn't have trained her. She's nothing but a weak soul in a weak body.

Power Limit.

How stupid of me. To think that she'd be worth my time. Hanggang doon lang ang kaya niya. Bakit ko pa ba pinipilit ang sarili ko na tulungan ang baguhan na 'yan.

'She's already suffering, Trev.' naramdaman ko ang isang kamay sa balikat ko. 'You may think she's weak but remember... before you trained her, she's already struggling.'

"Trev! Paulanin mo pa nga!" natutuwa niyang tugon.

I quietly sent droplets of water on her spot.

"A weak soul in a weak body..." A light-hearted laugh escaped my lips.

To think of it, I always told her to call my name whenever she needed me, so I could come and save her.

Yet little did she know...

It was her voice calling my name,

that brought me back to life.

Somehow, it was this weak soul in a weak body that saved me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2M 503K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...
22.6K 1.2K 10
VOLUME 3 Back from the start, but not as a team. What are they suppose to do FIRST? Continue playing the game and collect the pieces? Or fix their bo...
HIDDEN FILES 2 By avy

Mystery / Thriller

11.5K 541 33
[02/03] complete | unedited Jade Cesaire and Bryce Valeron journey continues unravelling the mysteries surrounds their lives and hidden secrets of th...
175K 10K 58
Sorry, your request can't be processed as of the moment. You may have entered an invalid keyword, or the reward you tried redeeming is temporarily un...