The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 35: Dragons

24.9K 1.6K 1.5K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"It simply isn't an adventure worth telling if there aren't any dragons."
                                  -J. R. R. Tolkien

Jungkooks heart thrummed loudly in his chest as he stared into his opponents eyes, his hands were shaking in anticipation, and his feet were placed firmly on the ground.

Jungkook held his sword tightly, hands tightening around the hilt.

The two men stood in a tense silence, neither one of them tearing their eyes away for even a split second.

His opponent suddenly moved, swiping his sword in Jungkooks direction. The golden prince stepped back, narrowly avoiding the blade and sending his own swipe to his opponent.

The man moved out of the way, bringing his sword down to clash with Jungkook's, causing a loud "cling" to fill the air.

Jungkook advances towards him, sending blow after blow to his opponent, but his sword was continuously blocked by the other man's shield.

Jungkook breathed heavily, his chest heaving beneath his fleece shirt as he raised his sword once again.

He was distracted. His mind continuously going back to yesterday and the events that took place. He couldn't get the sight of Hoseok's lips against your out of his mind. It replayed over and over again until he was too angry to even try and think about anything else.

He loved you.

He needed you.

But clearly you didn't love him back. And that made him angry.

Very angry.

He moved faster than last time, striking his opponent and dodging his blows as Hoseok's words replayed in his mind.

"I love you. So so much."

Jungkook released a low growl of frustration and sent an even harder blow to his opponent, sending him falling into the dirt of the training area, his sword escaping his grasp.

Normally, the match would end there, when one of the two men were disarmed.

But Jungkook was to angry to care.

"Get up." He growled to the young man he had been sparing with. "Again."

The young man, swallowed hard.

"Th-the match is over your highness, you've won-"

Jungkook didn't allow him to finish his sentence, his hand wrapping around the boy's shirt collar and pulling him from the ground.

"I said," He started lowly. "Again."

The young man opened his mouth, words falling in the tip of his tongue before he was interrupted.

"Brother, leave the young boy alone."

Jungkooks golden eyes shot over to meet Jimin's, his silver hair shining underneath the light of the autumn sun as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Jungkook sneered at his brother.

"Mind your business Jimin. I'm training."

The silver haired prince released a sigh, his hand moving to take through his hair as he approached his brother.

"Jungkook, it's easy to tell that you are still upset from yesterday. Taking out your anger on someone else isn't going to help anything."

Jungkook huffed in annoyance and sent a glare to the young man infront of him, releasing his shirt collar.

"Leave us."

The young man nodded fervently, his feet running out of the training yard as fast as they could.

Jungkook sighed and picked up his opponents sword, wiping off the dirt that had found its way onto the blade.

"What do you want Jimin?" He asked coldly. "I'm busy."

Jimin released a heavy sigh.

"I came to check up on you. Y/n is your best friend and I know the two of you aren't usually apart for this long."

Jungkook scoffed, sheathing his sword.

"You don't know anything." Jungkook spat. "And if I'm being honest I don't want to listen to anything you have to say right now."

Jimin took a step towards his brother, determination set in his golden gaze.

"I've been considering what you said to me in the forest." He stated.

Jungkook frowned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And?"

Jimin breathed in deeply.

"And I've come to tell you that I'm not backing down either."He started. "I love her. I'm in love with her and I'm not going to lose her to anyone....not even to you, brother."

The golden prince stared at his brother in awe.

"What?" He breathed out. "What did you just say?"

Jimin stood tall, his eyes never once leaving Jungkooks.

"I said that I'm not backing down. I love her and- and I'm going to ask her to stay here.....and marry me."

Jungkooks eyes widened at the sudden news, his heart pounding painfully against his ribs as he stared at his older brother.

"Y-you can't do that. I won't allow it!" Jungkook screamed.

Jimin's gaze hardened on him.

"I'm not asking for your permission."

Jungkooks nostrils flared in rage.

"She won't marry you. She doesn't love you. She can't."

Jimin nodded, his gaze faltering.

"Maybe not yet." He said. "But I will do everything in my power to ensure that she will love me back someday."

The chestnut prince stepped closer to his brother.

"I've lost everything to you!" He snarled. "But I won't lose this time. Never again."

Jimin's eyes hardened.

"You should prepare yourself for yet another disappointment. I am going to take over the throne, and if she wishes, y/n will rule beside me as my queen."

Jungkooks eyebrows clashed together in anger, his chest heaving as he glared harshly at his brother, taking a few steps closer.

"If you do this," He said. "If you try and take her away from me .......there will be war between us."

Jimin's eyes stared directly into his brothers.

"Then let there be war."

________________________________

Your finger tips softly traced the leather bound books as you slowly walked the halls of the library, your blue gaze falling onto different titles, and story books as you searched through the novels.

Your boots padded against the hardwood floors lightly as your mind tried to decide on a book to read.

After your visit with Yoongi last night, you didn't think it would be safe to try and sneak out again soon, so you and Hoseok decided to wait it out for a few more days before trying again, hopefully this time without any problems.

However, after he caught you trying to sneak away, Yoongi posted a 24 hour guard at your bedroom door, not allowing you to leave your room after everyone had gone to sleep.

You released a sigh.

You hated this.

You hated being locked in your room like a child, you hated feeling defenseless, and you hated feeling useless.

More complaints had come in about the crops dying and the water supply drying up, sickness and famine was spreading from left to right, but no one would even stop to consider your preposition.

Your eyes suddenly fell onto a book that caught your interest, a small smile appearing on your face as you read the title aloud.

"The Four Kingdoms: A complete history."

You grabbed the book and began flipping through it, eyes greedily studying the contents.

"Y/n?"

You jumped up at the new voice, your hands almost dropping the leather bound book.

A small chuckle escaped Taehyungs mouth as he took in your fright with amusement.

"Apologies. I didn't mean to scare you."

You laughed awkwardly and shook your head.

"It's okay...I wasn't really scared or anything. What are you doing here?"

Taehyung smiled.

"I came here to do some reading. I've grown bored of politics and town meetings."

You nodded.

"That does sound pretty boring..."

Taehyung eyes your book.

"The Four Kingdoms?" He inquired. "That is quite a silly title."

You frowned.

"I think it's cool and to the point."

Taehyung shrugged.

"If That is what you believe then so be it."

You chuckled and clutched the book closer to your chest, eyeing the elvish king.

He noticed your gaze and raised his eyebrows in interest.

"Is there something wrong?"

You shook your head.

"No. I just have a question for you...."

Taehyung nodded slowly, his eyes scanning over your face.

"Very well. Ask away."

You sighed.

"Have you ever heard of "Riders"?"

Taehyungs lavender eyes widened at your question his eyebrows shooting up.

"Why on earth would you be asking me about the Riders?"

You frowned.

"It doesn't matter....could you just tell me about them..?"

Taehyung released a heavy sigh.

"They don't even exist. What good would it do to tell you about them?"

"Just tell me."

The elvish king rubbed his eyes in annoyance.

"Riders were said to have the abilities to train dragons, they were each born with a blue flame in their eyes that allowed them to see things that other people, couldn't see. They had a connection with the beasts, that seemed to go beyond any level that any other race of people could possess."

He released a sigh.

"The blue flame in their eyes attracted the dragons, acting as a beacon for them. When dragons were lost or wounded, they would often fly to the Riders to be healed and nursed back to health."

You smiled.

"It seems like the dragons aren't so bad." You stated.

Taehyung shook his head.

"They were peaceful, until the Dragon King built his wall." He said. "He need Dragon Fire to build his wall, he forced the Riders to enslave the Dragons, making them work tirelessly, not feeding them or allowing them rest, he worked them until they died."

"And one day the Dragons turned on them."

"They broke free of their bonds and slaughtered everyone in their sight, including the Riders, it was a blood bath, barely anyone made it out alive....the dragons fled to a place that no one knows. And they've never been seen since then...blue eyes used to be a sign of power of them, but now it's just a beacon of death. Dragons are long living beasts, they hold grudges and when they see your blue flame....they will kill you just like the Riders."

Your eyes grew wide at his words, your heart thrumming in your chest. Hoseok didn't tell you about the slaughter only about the control that the riders had.

"W-wow." You breathed out. "I really am cursed."

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a loud, shrill shriek, followed by more screams of terror all of them coming from the town.

Your eyes shot up, as did his, both of you shooting up and running towards the large window.

Your blue eyes widened at the sight infront of you, flames burned on the house tops and people ran ramped through the streets, panic written all over their features as a loud roaring filled the air.

Your eyes slowly moved to find the source of the sound, your body freezing when you found it.

"I-Is that.."

Taehyung nodded.

"Yes," He stated. "Its a dragon."

A/N,
HOLY SHKSIENEHEJDNJFNDD
THIS IS THE MOMENT IVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

(Don't forget to comment your questions for character Q&A)

❤️❤️💝💝

~Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 447 36
|| Don't cry when the clouds crying because of me. Thank you for always being by my side and be a good pal of mine. I wish you were you mine, but I c...
25.5K 2.1K 21
•|MYG×Reader|• [COMPLETED] "Don't fear the flames, become the fire" - R.Solo Published: 06/02/21 Chapter count: 18 Word count: 50,000+
501K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently 💞 under some final...
1.5K 176 14
{ First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in ANPANMAN AWARDS } { First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in BTS 2019 AWARDS } { Second place in Sol...