Starstruck | C.H

By valentineashton

Hi Guys! This story has been nominated in the watty awards! I would really appreciate your support on this! "... More

Prologue
1. Welcome back to LA
2. No bad press
3. What are best friends for?
4. Rudely interrupted
5. Sorry about him
6. Buddy scheme
7. Time to tell the folks
8. The official meeting
9. Was that a drug exchange?
10. First time in the studio
11. No way, this is a celeb's party?
12. He's guilty, I'm innocent
13. Did we just record a single?
14. The truth always comes out
15. This is...tense
16. Is that a hickey?
17. Unexpected kiss
18. The actual truth
19. Time to talk business
20. Always check the bedroom
21. Life update
22. The fourth of July bash
23. Rejected in front of the press
24. Who is this and what did he do with Calum?
25. Let's film a music video
26. From one gal to another
27. Finally
28. How old are we again?
29. Eighteen
30. What did I do?
31. F*** You
32. Is this it then?
34. Fresh start
35. All good things must come to an end
Sequel
New Story - Photograph

33. Don't leave

2.2K 42 93
By valentineashton

Sophia

Listening to Ghost of You whilst packing my last few bits up, I really wasn't helping myself. I think I am all cried out anyway. When I got home yesterday, I locked myself in my bathroom and sobbed for about an hour straight.

Who would have thought I'd have gotten so attached to a boy in less than two months for him to have this much of an impact on my life. After crying in the bathroom, I cried myself to sleep. Then I woke up and cried again because it wasn't a nightmare, it was actually happening.

And now, here I am, sniffling to Ghost of You as I finished packing. Like I said, I wasn't helping myself.

This song has so much emotion though, the way Calum sings, he sounds so hurt in the song, makes me think that's how he's feeling right now. And it's my fault.

He looked so sad when I told him and then when I finally said goodbye, the last look he gave me. It's going to haunt me forever. His eyes look defeated, like he had truly given up and now all I'm praying for is that he won't spiral again.

The original plan was to never say bye and to carry on, but I think we would both find it too hard, the long distance. It would just be easier to forget about each other and move on. Here I am crying again, because the thought of never seeing him again. His goofy smile, and childish laugh, those soft brown eyes and damn it Sophia, why did you do this to yourself? You should never have gotten so attached. 

"Hey." Someone said as they knocked on my door slightly. 

I smiled sadly at my brother, "Hi." I replied.

Miles walked over to me and opened his arms, I sighed and gladly accepted his hug. Sometimes you just needed brotherly love. Even if we did argue constantly, I loved him nonetheless. 

"I knew he was gonna break your heart." He said pulling away.

I shook my head in defeat, "Honestly, I think it was me that broke his heart. I was the one who ended things." I perched onto the edge of the bed and something caught my eye on the floor. I frowned and bent down to pull the item from under the bed.

It was a t-shirt. And not mine, I turned it the right way round and when I realised what it was I quickly scrunched it up and hid it from my brother.

"You okay there?" Miles frowned.

"Yeah I'm great. Just gonna finish packing now." I said quickly.

He nodded slowly and started leaving the room, "Okay, well we're leaving in an hour." And with that he left.

I picked up the t-shirt again and put my face to it. And I got what I expected, it smelled of Calum. His aftershave with a slight hint of smoke and mint. It was a one of a kind smell. I smiled as the memories came rushing back to the day we first kissed in my room.

"I can't believe I just said that either, did I just ruin the moment?" I said, my cheeks burning up...wow how embarrassing.

"You could never," he smiled and he planted his lips on mine.

He pulled back and pulled his Led-Zeppelin shirt off over his head and it fell to the floor. And oh my god abs. Lot's of abs. 

I knew he was buff, like his arms showed that enough but oh my. And also, his tattoos were beautiful. My hand rested on his chest, my fingers tracing his tattoos with the Roman numerals. "What does this mean?" I asked, as Calum carried on planting kisses along my neck and collar bone.

"2012, when the band started, now stop talking and let me kiss you." He said and kissed my lips firmly stopping me from talking anymore. My hands wrapped around his neck and went into his hair, tugging at it slightly as the kiss deepened.

ten minutes later...

My arm rested around Calum's torso as he had his arm wrapped around me, playing with my hair. 

"I should probably put my shirt on now," I could sense his smirk.

I slid off the edge of the bed and tried to locate his shirt. "Um, Calum, I don't see it?" I frowned as I looked around the room. He frowned and stood up, checking the other side of the bed.

"Honey, we're back." My mom suddenly called.

My eyes widened. Oh shit. "Wait there!" I said gesturing with my hands for Calum to stay still. I turned on my heels and ran from my room and across the hall. I quickly checked to see that Miles had gone out. I ran into his room and started to dig through his drawers. I managed to find a plain black t-shirt. 

As I was about to leave my mom came into the room. She frowned, "What are you doing in here? Why's Calum's car here?" She was definitely suspicious.

"Uh..." 

"Why are you going through your brothers clothes?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Well, Calum spilt water down his shirt so I said he could borrow one of Miles. We're just about to film for my channel." I nodded, yeah that was a good enough lie. 

She paused for a second but sighed, "Okay well leave the door open okay?" She said and left the room.

That was close.

So that's where the shirt went. It then hit me as Calum's verse started.

Cleaning up today, found that old Zeppelin shirt.

I looked at the shirt again and sighed, I shook my head and started to fold it up. 

You wore when you ran away, and no one could feel your hurt. 

I pulled the top on over the scrappy crop top I had on and tied a knot at the front so that it fit better. I was never going to see him again anyway so he would never get it back.

We're too young, too dumb, to know things like love. But I know better now, better now.

Calum, you're absolutely right. I'm only 18, I don't have a clue what real love is yet. 

I finished packing the last few bits and sealed my suitcase shut. I pulled it off the bed and started wheeling it out my room. I turned back and took in my room one last time. "Until next time, maybe Calum and I will reconnect, but it won't be for a long time." I sighed. I wouldn't be coming here this Christmas since I'll have exams and college work. Maybe I'll be able to come in Spring break, who knows?

I exited the apartment and found Hattie waiting outside. She noticed me and pulled me into a hug. "Ugh I'm going to miss you so much. What time is your flight?" She asked.

I squeezed her back, "I'm gonna miss you too. And it's at noon." I sighed, pulling back. 

"That's in like two hours," She pouted.

"Don't remind me." I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"Okay, well, you gotta promise me you're gonna FaceTime me everyday, or at least every other day. I wish you could come to college here with me." She folded her arms.

I honestly would have done if I'd have liked LA as much as I did now when applying for college. Hattie studied at UCLA doing photography. But I already had my place at Arizona State University. It was too late now to change.

"I will, I promise." I nodded my head, she gave me one last hug and we said our goodbyes. 

***

Do you ever put your music in and stare out the window of the car like you're in a music video? Because I do, and that's what I was currently doing. It felt appropriate for my situation. Like, how overwhelming has my life been this summer? 

Let's see, so it started by playing one of the hottest venues at the moment. Then I met Calum and the rest of the boys. I was offered what I thought was a genuine contract with them. But at least I got a single and a music video out of it. I sang on James Corden's show. Been on the radio. had the best birthday ever, went to Disney world with my best friends and fallen in love. 

It was like the summer of every teenage girl's dreams. But of course, it was only summer and summer eventually comes to an end which is why I felt the need to stare out the window listening to old All Time Low songs and reflect on my memories.

I hadn't even noticed that we had pulled up at the airport until Sammy tapped me on the shoulder and I snapped back to reality.

I smiled softly and undid my seat belt, opening the car door and sliding out, putting my back pack on my bag.

My dad handed me my guitar and suitcase and we started to walk towards the entrance.

Suddenly there was a load of beeping and the sound of a loud engine approaching the entrance of the airport. As I turned around to find out what the commotion was, a familiar red Ferrari pulled up and out climbed Calum Hood.

I felt my eyes begin to water with joy and a smile spread on my cheeks.

"Oh great what does he want." Miles muttered. I ignored his comment.

Calum looked around quickly and when his eyes landed on mine it looked like he sighed with relief and started running towards us.

Why was he here? Did he want to say goodbye properly. I was happy though, because I honestly thought I'd never see him again. 

***

Calum

Half an hour earlier...

"Thank you for your time, I promise you I won't let you down." I shook the hand of the man I had just been talking to for the last hour. I nodded and left the office.

I checked the time on my phone it was ten am. I unlocked it and found Hattie's number, quickly pressing call.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hattie it's Calum." 

There was a pause and then a laugh, "Yes I know, you put yourself in my phone under 'Cool Guy Cal'." She laughed again. "What's up?" She asked.

I laughed slightly, remembering the time I was drunk and made her put my number in her phone. "What time is Sophia's flight?"

"It's at twelve, she literally just left like five minutes ago." 

"Shit." I shouted, then lowered my voice. "It takes forty minutes to get there, I need to be there before she gets to check in." I explained.

I started to run through the expensive building I was currently in. "Why what are you planning on doing?" 

"I'll explain later but I gotta go, she's gonna be there in like half an hour." I said and hung up.

Once in my car, I started it up and began speeding towards the airport. I didn't care if I got a ticket for speeding or anything, I just had to get there before or at least the same time.

Half an hour later and I was at the airport. I had to weave quickly in between cars, resulting in people angrily beeping there horns at me. Oh well. I pulled the car to a stop, not caring that I was in a no parking zone. 

I climbed out of the car, slamming the door shut and looked around hoping to find Sophia. And there she was, with her family all staring at me outside of the doors. I sighed and began jogging towards them.

Thank god I got here on time.

I came to a stop a metre or so away from them.

"Calum what are you doing here?" Sophia asked. I grinned sheepishly as I noticed she was wearing my t-shirt. 

"Yes, she's right, we have a plane to catch." Mrs Jensen said. 

"Sophia, you can't leave yet. There's still two weeks left." I said.

"We've already discussed this, she is coming back with us, no questions." Mr Jensen said.

"But I have a reason for her to stay." I argued. I really didn't like her mum and dad.

Sophia frowned, "That reason better not be you." Her mum said.

I shook my head, although one of the reasons was that. This one was better. "I've found a new record label that want to sign Sophia. They will even work with her whilst she's at uni. But they need to meet with you and so you can't leave. Sophia, I promised you I would find you someone, this is me not breaking that promise." I looked deeply into her eyes trying to persuade her to stay.

I knew she wanted to, her eyes showed that, she just needed to get over her feelings for her parents and remember she was eighteen now and could do what she wants.

"Calum, I don't know what to say." She sighed.

"Say that you'll stay, until the end of Summer, please Sophia." I begged.

"Absolutely not, Sophia, we're going, we're already late for check in." Mrs Jensen said as the family made an attempt to walk away.

"No." Sophia said. I smiled softly, you can do it.

Mrs Jensen let out a sarcastic laugh, "what do you mean 'no', come on we're leaving."

"No mom. I'm staying. And there's nothing you can do about it, I'm eighteen years old and I want to pursue my music. I'm not like you guys, I don't like science, I'm not some super genius. I want to be a musician. I promise, when two weeks is over I'll come back and go to college. But I'm staying here. I'm sorry." She said sternly. She wasn't asking, she was telling them.

They didn't know how to react, her parents looked shocked and her brothers were snickering to themselves because they couldn't believe she had stood up for herself like that.

"Very well, but you are to take care of yourself, you pay for your own food, rent and return flights. You want to be an adult where there you go." Her mum said and with that, they took off leaving Sophia and I together.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe I just did that." She laughed, her hand covering her mouth in shock.

"I can!" I smirked and pulled her into a hug.

I finally had her back, even if it was for just two weeks.

AN

Omg guys I've got an idea for the PREQUEL. Let me know what you think:

So, instead of doing like a 30 part story like this, I was thinking of squishing all the 2/3 years Sophie (Cal's ex) and Calum were together in the form of texts, diary entries, voicemails, instagram and twitter posts etc. What do you think?

Also it's gonna be called Babylon. Because that song fits Sophie and Calum's relationship perfectly.

I can then write this before doing the sequel or at the same time? So yeah let me know whatcha think :)

Thanks for reading this part, two more parts to go!

- Liv x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
662K 40.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
242K 8.1K 47
"I don't know I just got that feeling about him. You know how your favourite song comes on and you just have to dance?" •...
257K 5.9K 48
"He always calls me around 2am." "Do you pick up?" "Yes." "Do you know him?" "No." Where a girl gets called by an unknown number around 2am almost ev...