Starstruck | C.H

By valentineashton

Hi Guys! This story has been nominated in the watty awards! I would really appreciate your support on this! "... More

Prologue
1. Welcome back to LA
2. No bad press
3. What are best friends for?
4. Rudely interrupted
5. Sorry about him
6. Buddy scheme
7. Time to tell the folks
8. The official meeting
9. Was that a drug exchange?
10. First time in the studio
11. No way, this is a celeb's party?
12. He's guilty, I'm innocent
13. Did we just record a single?
14. The truth always comes out
15. This is...tense
16. Is that a hickey?
17. Unexpected kiss
18. The actual truth
19. Time to talk business
20. Always check the bedroom
21. Life update
22. The fourth of July bash
23. Rejected in front of the press
24. Who is this and what did he do with Calum?
25. Let's film a music video
26. From one gal to another
27. Finally
28. How old are we again?
30. What did I do?
31. F*** You
32. Is this it then?
33. Don't leave
34. Fresh start
35. All good things must come to an end
Sequel
New Story - Photograph

29. Eighteen

2.8K 48 53
By valentineashton

Sophia

"And I wish that I was eighteen - Oh wait I am," I laughed to myself as I mixed a bowl of pancake batter as the song Eighteen from 5sos came on.

It was official, I was eighteen, finally. I mean now I can legally drink in the UK, which is pointless information since I live in the US. But it meant I was now legally an adult, able to make my own decisions without parent consent...hell yeah!

They didn't care about me anyway, well they did but only if I show any interest in college, medicine, anything but music really. I still can't believe they actually gave me permission to do this whole deal. Wait I know, because they knew at the end of it I'd have to leave for college anyway. Typical.

I was currently making myself breakfast, by myself since my family had left me to go on holiday.

Okay I know I know, I could of gone but I'm annoyed at them, I haven't even had a text to say Happy Birthday from any of them. Whatever.

I dished up my pancakes and slid into a stool at the breakfast bar. I grabbed my phone to see a notification from Instagram. I opened the app to see it was Calum who had posted a picture of us, and not just any picture, the one he took off my phone when we were at Disney.

The caption was simply, Happy Birthday Sophia x, and although it was just three words, the smile grew massively on my face. Calum had 5.4 million followers on instagram so a lot of people were going to see this dorky picture of us, but the picture meant a lot, it must have took some courage for him to post. I looked and the last picture he had posted was from a year ago. 

He really posted just for me. 

I quickly posted a comment, Thank u lovely xx

I hadn't actually made any plans for my birthday. I was supposed to be seeing Hattie later on, but I haven't heard from her either and she wasn't responding to my texts.

I decided to go and get dressed anyway. I decided on some light denim, distressed mom jeans with a classic black belt, a white cropped vest and a black leather jacket that was in the style of an oversized denim jacket. I paired this look with my favourite black and white hight top converse.

I had just finished applying my makeup when the buzzer went off signalling someone was at the door of the apartment block.

I wandered to the intercom. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi sunshine." A familiar voice filled my ears and I smiled. "Grab your bag and come downstairs." Calum said.

"Okay!" I laughed and ran into my bedroom to grab my little red backpack. I quickly checked my appearance one last time and ran out my apartment.

I opened the front door to Calum leaning against his red Ferrari. His hands were tucked into his black trousers and he was wearing a plain black t-shirt. He looked amazing.

His smile grew as he noticed I had appeared. He pushed off the side of his car and walked a few steps until we were stood in front of each other.

"What are you doing here?" I said as he pulled me into a hug. He smelt of some fancy after shave and let me tell you it was a heavenly smell. 

He pulled back but kept me in his arms. "You honestly thought I'd let you spend your birthday alone?" He smirked.

"Well, I was gonna see Hattie but I can't get in touch with her. But I guess I can spend it with you instead." I raised a brow. 

"Come on." He said and opened the car door for me, when I was settled in he closed the door and got in at his side.

I had to admit, this car was a beauty, I felt like a super rich celebrity in it, like I'd just stepped into a movie. Lately, my whole life as felt just like that. That it's all too good to be true. I just some how became very lucky. Maybe LA isn't as bad as I once thought it was. 

"So where are we going?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt up and his car roared to life. 

"I booked us at a table at a restaurant on this private beach." He said.

I smiled, "sounds fancy, maybe I should have changed." I said with a laugh.

"Trust me, you look perfect the way you are." His hand landed on my knee as he squeezed it. He didn't remove it though as he carried on driving. This reminded me off the trip to Disney. I could definitely get used to this. Just I can't though, I'm leaving in less than a month. I must have sighed with my thoughts because he squeezed my knee again, "What's wrong?" His eyes quickly glanced off the road to look at me and he looked concerned.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking, I'm okay," I smiled softly. 

He didn't say anything but smile back warmly before turning back to the road.

***

Twenty minutes later and we pulled up on a street. "We're here?" I asked, unbuckling my belt.

"The beach is about a five minute walk from here," He said. I nodded and climbed out the car to meet with him. His hand found mine and we began the short walk to the beach in silence. It was a nice silence though, it wasn't awkward it was comforting.

A few minutes later and a building on the beach appeared. It was incredible. It had a tropical theme to it, and there was a lot of bamboo and greenery. At the front there were chairs all grouped together under a large gazebo with string lights hanging from it, though they weren't on yet. There was a pier a bit further down from the restaurant which had the same string lights. This place was breathtaking, I hoped I got to see it at night.

"Wow, this is amazing," I said as we got closer. Definitely regretting my choice in shoes as we walked along the sand. 

"I'm glad you like it, wait until you see inside." Calum said.

"How did you find this place?" I asked.

He laughed slightly, "I didn't, Hattie helped me find it." 

I frowned, "so that's why Hattie wasn't answering, because she wanted me to spend the day with you, aw she's amazing." I smiled to myself. I have a great best friend.

We climbed the stairs and were greeted by a server. "Aloha," She smiled and placed a flower garland around my neck. So this was also Hawaiian themed as well, awesome. "You have a table booked?" She asked.

"Yeah, under Hood." Calum smiled and she beckoned for us to follow. Calum gestured for me to go first, as his hand landed on the small of my back. 

We wandered through the restaurant, people were minding their own business eating their food. As we passed I realised we must have a private room as we were approaching a door. She opened it and gestured for me to enter.

And let me tell you, I was one hundred percent not expecting the sight in front of me.

"Surprise!" The group of people cheered.

"Oh my god!" My hand went to my mouth and I felt my eyes watering up.

Calum had organised a surprise birthday for me. I had always wanted one ever since I had grown up. I had begged my parents for years. And I didn't even mention my birthday to Calum and in three days from telling him, he had thrown this together. 

Everyone was here! The boys, Hattie, Crystal, Maya, then even my family were here! They had come back off their trip, including my Aunty and Uncle and my cousins. There were a few of Hattie's friends here too that I had hung out with a few times and Ashton had brought his sister and brother, who must have been visiting. And wait, was that Jack and Alex? Oh my god All Time Low were at my 18th birthday. 

"This must be a dream..." I trailed off as I looked at everyone.

Something sharp went into my arm and I squealed as Calum had pinched me, "Definitely not a dream." He smirked. 

"Did you plan all this?" I asked as a tear slipped down my cheek, though I was grinning from ear to ear. He nodded and I pulled him into a big hug. "Thank you!" I whispered.

"Anytime." He said back.

***

Calum

It was the evening now and the sun was starting to set. Today had been a success. It had all gone to plan. The look on Sophia's face when she saw everyone she loved stood in front of her was something else. I'd never forget that look.

I wanted to do something for her that meant a lot and to show her that I had changed. It was a pain getting her family here but I did it anyway. 

It was harder than you would have thought. I'd have thought "hey I'm throwing a surprise birthday party for your daughter this weekend, will you come?" would have worked. But no, it took a lot more convincing than that. Imagine.

But after saying I'd pay for their flights they soon said yes. But whatever they're here now that's all that counts. And so was everyone else.

The day had been spent drinking, eating and partying. Sophia had opened gifts, caught up with her family and friends and I could tell by the constant smile on her face she was having a good time. 

She was currently talking with Hattie when I approached her.

"Well you actually pulled it off Hood," Hattie chuckled.

"All thanks to you Carter," I laughed. "Mind if I borrow Sophia?" I asked.

"She's all yours." She smiled and wandered off.

I offered my arm, "Let's go for a walk to the pier." I said. She linked her arm through mine and we left the loud environment behind us as we stepped onto the beach. We had both decided earlier to take our shoes off so now it was much easier to walk.

"So, have you had a good day?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Are you kidding, It's been incredible. Calum thank you so much for organising this, it means the world to me." She smiled up at me and kissed me softly on the cheek.

I felt my cheeks heat up, thank god it was dark. 

We stepped onto the lit pier and walked down it. "I'm glad. Now it's time for me to give you your present." I said as we stopped at the end.

She shook her head in amusement. "Calum, you didn't have to, you've already done so much." 

"Don't be silly. And it's not anything special anyway, just a token of my l--, just something to remind you of our memories." I said hesitantly.

I dug into my back pocket and pulled out a box. I placed it gently in her hand. She smiled and opened it. She bit her lip and looked up at me. "Calum I love it." She said sincerely.

She took out the necklace. It was my guitar pick and hers merged together into one. But they weren't just any guitar picks. They were the ones from the night we met. I had held on to mine anyway and I had found hers on the ground after she stormed off the stage.

Mine was black with a rose on it and hers was white with a sunflower on it and though there was a big contrast they merged together perfectly. I had them made and put onto a gold thin chain.

"Turn it over," I said. 

"Fall more in love everyday," She said, quoting the lyric from my song Valentine. But that's what I also told her the day I told her about my past. "It's beautiful, and this is special to me. Thank you." She smiled.

I took it from her and she turned around. I placed it around her neck and did the clasp up. I grabbed her shoulders and spun her around, planting my lips on hers.

AN

Question: how did you discover this book?

Also I know I said I wanted this book finished by the new year, well that ain't happening, theres still 6 parts left and I have not got the time to write them lmao. 

So this will be the last part until after Christmas now, possibly the new year too. I'm just super busy with work. Retail at Christmas sucks.

Also we hit #1 on the 5sosfam yay, and we're nearly at 12k reads. Thank you!

Anyway, merry christmas and have a good new year!

Liv x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3K 83
โ”โ”โ” ( ๐—ฆ ๐—˜ ๐—– ๐—ฅ ๐—˜ ๐—ง ๐—ฆ ) โ๐——๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฒ... ๐——๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€.โž โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ! โž // what happens when chia and f...
196K 3.1K 40
Remember that first day? I do. In the car, the windows rolled down, music flowing through the air. I was at peace with everything and everyone. We we...
590K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
134K 2.7K 64
(COMPLETED) You are Daniel seavey's little sister and when he gets in a band called why don't we you get to met all of the boys and move to LA with t...