Starstruck | C.H

Oleh valentineashton

Hi Guys! This story has been nominated in the watty awards! I would really appreciate your support on this! "... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
1. Welcome back to LA
2. No bad press
3. What are best friends for?
4. Rudely interrupted
5. Sorry about him
6. Buddy scheme
7. Time to tell the folks
8. The official meeting
9. Was that a drug exchange?
10. First time in the studio
11. No way, this is a celeb's party?
12. He's guilty, I'm innocent
13. Did we just record a single?
14. The truth always comes out
15. This is...tense
16. Is that a hickey?
17. Unexpected kiss
18. The actual truth
19. Time to talk business
20. Always check the bedroom
21. Life update
22. The fourth of July bash
23. Rejected in front of the press
24. Who is this and what did he do with Calum?
26. From one gal to another
27. Finally
28. How old are we again?
29. Eighteen
30. What did I do?
31. F*** You
32. Is this it then?
33. Don't leave
34. Fresh start
35. All good things must come to an end
Sequel
New Story - Photograph

25. Let's film a music video

3K 53 23
Oleh valentineashton

Sophia

I honestly couldn't remember the last time I had to set an alarm for five in the morning. Actually, I probably had to for one of our many trips to LA. And when the alarm went off this morning I felt awful.

I hadn't slept well at all that night. All I kept thinking about was how I would soon be leaving LA to go back to boring Arizona to go study Music Journalism at college. It was like a big slap in the face. I kept forgetting that this summer was going to end and when I remembered it was awful. I was finally starting to get along with Calum. We were recording a music video today, the single would be coming out in a few days and everything seemed to going perfect.

Chris knows that I'll be returning to college but he said he was still willing to sign me. He even said he'd send a music producer to work with me on the weekends to build up some songs for an EP or even an album. Of course I was incredibly grateful for that, but LA was growing on me.

I know I said I hated it, but I'm seeing it in a new light. Suddenly thousands of opportunities keep popping up. LA is the place to be. But I promised my parents a few years ago when I got my guitar that I would go to college. I owed it them. 

I mean it won't be that bad. It's not like I'll be studying for seven plus years to be a doctor. I'm going to be majoring in music, even if it is linked to journalism. 

The biggest reason why I really don't want to go home is because of the boys. That band that I shrugged off as being 'just another boy band'. Man I was so wrong. They were all incredibly talented and were now some of my closest friends. And then there was Calum. The feelings I had for him were like nothing I had ever experienced before. I've had plenty of crushes before, but this was not like that. It was mutual. Well I hoped it was. What he did for me yesterday and some of the things he's said to me and how he trusted me enough to tell me about his past, there must be feelings there.

I really hoped I could find some time to talk to him today. Though I had a feeling it was going to be a very hectic day.

I glanced over at my bedside clock and it read 5:30. Wow had I really spent half an hour lost in all my thoughts? At least I didn't have to go with my hair and makeup done. I had to be there at six. Miles said he would take me which I was surprised about since it meant he had to be up super early but he said he wanted to be up early anyway to get in a workout before he and my family went on their trip.

Every summer that we come here, my family rent out a big RV, and I'm not kidding this thing is huge, it's like a coach but bigger, it's ridiculous, honestly. Anyway we go on a roadtrip along the California coast hitting places like Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, San Jose and San Francisco and then they head back towards Sacramento and into Nevada to go to Las Vegas before heading back home to Phoenix. The trip always varied in length, it depended on how long they stayed at each location.

But they were starting early this year and instead of heading home they were coming back here for my birthday. 

I was gutted I was going to be missing it as it was my favourite holiday ever. But of course I have new priorities this year.

"Hey you nearly ready?" Miles popped his head round the door to my room. When he saw I was still buried unter my sheets and pillows he sighed, "Sophia it's ten to six."

"Shit!" This time I really did get out of bed and when I got out the clock read 5:33. I grabbed a pillow and launched it at Miles. "You're a dick!" I was mad but I laughed anyway. He smiled and shut the door to allow me to get ready.

***

"Hope you have a great trip, I said bye to mom and dad last night but Sammy was asleep when I got in, will you tell him bye and I love him when you see him please." I said as I gathered by stuff from the footwell.

"What and you don't love me?" He said, holding his hand to his heart, looking down in disappointment. 

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I love you!" I pulled him into a hug. "Thanks for the lift, bye big bro." I said and stepped out of the car.

"Bye lil' sis," He smirked and waved before driving off.

I watched as his car left the studio parking lot. I turned to start walking but the stage doors opened and a bunch of people walked out. In the group of people I spotted Chris, a few of the makeup artists and Calum.

"Ah Sophia, perfect timing!" Chris said as he noticed me standing all by myself looking a little lost.

Calum joined him, "Hey Sophia." His smile was warm and extremely inviting.

"Uh, hey, where's everyone going? Aren't we filming here?" I frowned as I watched everyone climb into a mini bus.

"We're filming on location today, we just like to meet here so we don't end up loosing anyone. Lets go." Chris explained as he practically pushed me towards the mini bus. Calum and I ended up bumping into each other as we both tried to get on the bus at the same time.

"Sorry!" We both said at the same time. I instantly felt the heat rising to my face as I looked away quickly. 

He gestured for me to get on first which I did and I was gonna try and grab a seat with Calum, but there was no way that was going to happen. Every seat was taken and the only seats left were ones on the end of the row. 

"Hey Sophia, you can sit with me!" Maya called, my favourite hair stylist (even if she did burn me with the curling iron). I smiled and glanced at Calum who went and sat down next to one of the crew.

As I sat down I took another glance down the front of the bus and our eyes met. He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled, and I shook my head and laughed to myself slightly.

"Hey I thought the whole thing between you and Calum was fake?" Maya whispered.

"What!" I snapped, I cleared my throat, "Sorry. Uh yeah it is, just for the press." I bit my lip.

"So why is he looking at you like you're the most amazing thing on the planet." She said.

I looked at her expression, she looked like an excited little bubble. Like she was rooting for us secretly. "Um, I have no idea why." I tucked my hair behind my ears and tried my hardest to not look at Calum and instead, I pulled out my phone and decided to check my social media.

To be honest, I've been that busy lately I haven't been on any of my accounts in so long. I'm really bad when it comes to technology and social media. I try and try to keep up to date with everything but it's hard especially now. 

I went on to my instagram and found that I had over 100,000 new followers. Including all members of the band and the band itself. "Woah, check you out miss popular!" Maya laughed. 

"I can't believe it!" I beamed. All that just from posting a picture with Luke that one time, combined with all the boys following me and liking that picture and from how I've been spotted with Calum. It's crazy. "Let's take a selfie for my instagram story." I said as I held my phone out in front of us. Maya squished her head next to mine and we posed for the picture. "Aw that's so cute." I said.

I added some text saying 'en route to film a music video', and tagged Maya in it and I also followed her.

"Oh my gosh, we should totally get you verified." Maya said. 

"Doesn't that just happen overtime?" I frowned. 

"Kind of, but you can go on to settings and request to be verified. Have you got some ID on you?" I nodded and pulled out my drivers license from my purse. I passed it to her and she took my phone, pressing on a few things and so quickly that I couldn't keep up. "There ya go, it could take a while but hey, one step closer to fulfilling your dreams right?" 

I didn't really understand how getting a blue tick next to my name really fulfilled any dreams but I just nodded and thanked her anyway.

***

About half an hour later, after a bus journey full of carpool karaoke which was hilarious by the way, we pulled up outside an Arcade centre. I didn't even know where we were. It was a quiet town and it had a really retro feel too it. 

We all piled out of the van and headed towards the arcade. It had a group of security guards outside of it. It was about 7:15 so the place wouldn't be opened for another few hours I reckoned but I'm sure it wouldn't take long for people, especially fans to realise what was happening here, so they were probably going to be closing the venue which was why the security guards were here. 

"This place looks awesome!" I exclaimed as I fell into step with Calum, completely forgetting our awkward moment earlier.

"It was my idea, I found this place about a year ago." Calum replied. 

We walked inside and it literally felt like we had walked on to the set of a movie from the late 60s/70s. There was a big arcade in front of us with a roller rink in the middle. To the left I could see a mini golf course and to the right there was a sign for bowling. I felt like I had just stepped into the body of my younger elf as I suddenly became really giddy. 

"Oh my god! This is crazy!" I said.

Before Calum had chance to answer me, I was getting dragged one way and him the other by our makeup artists. 

***

So Chris had just finished filling me in on the concept of the video. So the song, 'One Last Song' is all about a couple who have spent a short time with each other and are young and naive and don't want to accept adulthood and the realities that come with it. So the 'One Last Song' is kind of a metaphor for one last laugh. I wrote it about a year ago when I had a crush on Liam Hemsworth (still do) and I watched the film with the same name. That was my inspiration. But in a funny way, this whole situation with Calum was very similar to the song. How ironic.

So the video is going to be a montage of clips of us just having fun at the arcade, so yes I will get to go on the roller rink said Chris! After the montage and in the final chorus which is slowed down and softer, we will part our ways outside of the arcade and it will be all emotional and I can't wait. We will soon find out how good my acting is.

As I left the room where I had been getting my hair, makeup and clothes sorted, Calum opened his door as well. I could definitely tell there was a theme going on. He was wearing light blue jeans that were rolled up at the ends. His shirt was red and was tucked into the jeans, he had on white socks and white converse and his hair was gelled into some kind of quiff and damn he looked fine.

His outfit worked well with mine. I was wearing high waisted mom shorts that were also a light shade of blue with a white crop top with some graphic print and a varsity jacket. I also had on white classic Reeboks. My hair was pulled into a high ponytail and the front was quiffed. Yep definitely a theme.

"Wow." Calum said releasing his breath, and again I felt my cheeks heating up. 

"You ready?" I smiled. 

He rubbed his hands together, "As I'll ever be. Man it's been so long." He said.

I frowned, "What since you've filmed a music video?" 

"Well yeah but being with someone in a romantic way." He looked away.

I smiled softly, "It's going to be okay." I placed my arm softly on his bicep and squeezed it in comfort (also wow he is buff).

"You really do have a way with words don't you, it's-"

"Um guys, you ready?" Chris said making Calum and I quickly step away from each other and my arm falling straight to my side. 

He was staring at us with curiosity but must have shrugged it off as he beckoned for us to come. 

***

We were filming the last montage scene now before the final scene outside the arcade. There hadn't been anything romantic really yet. Mostly just participating in the activities together and laughing and messing about.

My feet felt like jelly as I attempted to skate towards Calum who was waiting for me at the opposite side of the rink, this was the third attempt, the past two times I stumbled and fell before I even got to him. The plan was to skate effortlessly up to him and go into his arms.

"And Action!" The director shouted. 

I breathed in and pushed off from the side, "Come on Sophia," Calum laughed as I got closer to him.

I was almost there, so close, two metres, two metres too soon and I tripped on the stupid break at the front of the boot. I fell forwards but Calum moved forward and I landed in his arms. 

"I got you," He said, he definitely did. He had a strong grip under each of my elbows and pulled me up, the whole time we didn't break eye contact. And suddenly it was like it was only us two here.

The look in his eyes, it was the first time I'd ever seen it. It was a mixture of lust and love. Gone was the hurt and the pain, it was replaced with fun and warmth. I truly felt myself falling for him (literally). 

"Cut!" The director shouted and with that I slid from his arms and landed on my arse. 

"Ow!" I laughed as I put my hand to my head in embarrassment. Wow I can't believe everyone just witnessed that.

"Great acting guys!" The director beamed. My eyes wandered over to Chris and there was that look again. Calum and I both knew that wasn't acting and some thing tells me Chris knew too.

AN

I hope you enjoyed this fairly long part! It's nearly been a week so sorry, wanted to get a part out before but I've been busy with assignments.

Thanks for reading, please leave a vote and a comment. would mean the world:) I apply to most comments too, love interacting with everyone:) 

- Liv x

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 35.2K 26
"Hi, how may I- holy shit. You're Shawn Mendes." // all rights reserved @livemendes IG | @smilemendes COMPLETED ON: JULY 2ND, 2016
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
536K 11.1K 32
Tiffany is nothing more than your average teenage girl. The one thing that makes her different is that she just happens to be friends with.........mo...