Here We Go Again.

By JANA_MADZ

Jo Carter, is a teenage girl that lives in New York, she's sarcastic, funny and not your typical girly-girl t... More

New dude
Video games
Nightmare
BBQ
Phone call
Get a boyfriend
Night time coffees
Character List
Party
Bored
School
Late night
Nothin much
Coney Island
Game night
Sick
Days
A/N SORRY!!
Family
Still sick
Hair cut
It should be tradition
Emotions
BBQ
Moody
Kind of a date
Crazy
Worst Night Ever.
Sad
Week 1
Finally
Back
In N' Out
Hot Cheetos
Pizza
Nope.
Thoughts
Chaotic
The Mall
Date
Happy
Studying
Naps and video games
Bruised
Boring
"Girls" Night
Mall
A/N
Birthday
Pre-Party
Birthday Party
Summer
Sad
Bring a friend
A/N
Travel
Santa Monica
No Reply
Barbecue
Friends
Showers
Long night
Panic
Closer
One Last BBQ
NEW BOOK
SEQUAL!?
SEQUEL

Dinner

2.3K 46 4
By JANA_MADZ

Stage 3 stomach cancer. That's what Sam told me and this isn't the first time... it was the second time... that's so fucking horrible, and I can tell Sam trying to act like he was fine... but he was not even close.

We were now in my room, because he came in and we got food.

"When did you find out?" I asked.
"Last night" he replies taking a fry eating it. "I'm sorry for just blurting it out Jo, you were sad all day because of your mom. You don't need to hear this" he adds.
"Shut up Sam, it technically is the next day. I'm glad you told me, let's think positively" I say.
"Stage 3 Jo" he sing songs.
"So what Sam, stop trying to act like you are fine. You aren't you just told m the fuck off. I'm here you can talk to me" I tell him.
"I don't know what to say Jo, honestly. I've been through it already. Now it's just back and worse. There's nothing I can do" he remarks back.
"Don't be negative! Actually I'm being serious. He'll get through it" I tell him.
"You can't be sure" he replies.
"Stop!" I tell him.
"I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic" he says back.
"Fine" I sigh eating a fry. He smiles for no reason and I look at him confused.
"Can we make out, it'll make me feel better" he suggests and I roll my eye's laughing.
"You're honestly so fucking annoying" I push him he laughs grabbing my hand pulling me onto his lap.
"Please," he whines.
"I wasn't gonna say no" I reply he leans in kissing me. It honestly felt really good after this shit day. For both of us.

I just felt so much relief in this kiss, it was like all the pressure, and all the sadness just went into this kiss and it was fucking great. His lips leave mine trailing down my neck. He meets my lips again trying to push me down on my back but I stop him.
"There is food behind me" I tell him he groans.
"Can I just put it in the bag?" He asked our faces only inches apart I nod my breath heavy. He pretty much throws it all into the bag with me still on his lap. He drops the bag on the floor and pushes me down and kisses me again.

~

I wake up to Sam's arm draped around me and sun shining through the windows along with some sirens in the background. Wonderful. I rub my eye's turning to Sam who was still sleeping. Looking cute as fuck. I was only wearing my bra and underwear... I look over to my door thank god it was locked. If my dad walked in I would've been dead along with Sam. I turn to grab my phone and I literally... I mean literally rolled off the bed and onto the ground with a loud thump. I groan.

"Jo, babe. You good?" Sam's raspy voice sounded pretty sexy right now.
"I'm wonderful. Just a casual roll off the bed" I mutter he laughs. "Shut up."
"Sorry if it hurt" he says.
"Hmm" I hum standing up.

"Not sorry for that though" Sam says I turn to him and he had a smirk on his face while looking at me. I felt my cheeks flush.

"Shut up" I mumble he laughs.
"Come back to bed" He opens his arms.
"It looks welcoming, but I should probably shower if I'm going to have dinner with your family" I tell him.
"Can I join" he asked with a sly smile.
"You're a pervert" I tell him he laughs again.
"Exactly" he nods I shake my head. "No babe, please" he says. "Come on... a man has his needs... especially when you're dressed like that in the morning."
"I have my own needs, to take a shower... not with you at the moment" I tell him.
"Fine. I respect your wishes and needs" he says.
"Wow thanks" I laugh grabbing my phone and going to the washroom.

I turn the shower on humming to no music. I strip getting into the hot shower. I was going to Sam's house to have dinner with his family... not like I haven't met them all. But he just thought I should come.

After my shower I grab my towel wrapping it around my body. I go back into the room and Sam was on his phone still laying in bed. He glances over to me looking back at his phone then doing a double take. I walk into the small closet and I hear him sigh.
"Jo, the things you put me through" he sing songs. "Can we go to my house now?" He asks.

"Sure," I reply gabbing my multi-blue denim shorts and a regular white crop top. I go out of the closet and Sam was putting on his pants and shirt. I grab my phone and bagged slip on some vans.
"You look good, nothing new" he tells m pecking my lips.
"Thanks" I smile. We walk out of my room and head downstairs. "Dad" I walk into the kitchen he was reading something at the coffee table in the kitchen.
"What's up?" He asked.
"I'm gonna go to Sam's, I'm also gonna be there for dinner" I tell him.
"That's good, Lila and Luke are coming by... like now" he tells me.

"Ok, love you bye" I say. He looks at me.
"Glad you're already getting out" he says. He's saying that because I'm usually stuck in my room around this time for like a week. "Have fun, love you bye."

I leave the kitchen and me and Sam open the door to leave and there was Luke and Lila about to knock.
"Hey guys!!" Lila smiles.
"Hey, we were just leaving" I reply.
"Where?" She asks.
"To Sam's place," I said.
"You hate us? That's why?" Luke asked.

"You're dramatic" I tell him. "Where's your son?"
"Caleb, probably with Kyle" They shrug. "How are you guys?" They come in.
"Normal" Sam replies and I look at him.
"Normal?" I question he shrugs.
"It fits" he shrugged.
"Can we leave?" I asked them.
"Geez fine" Lila laughs. "You look good Sam" she tells him I shake my head Sam smiles.
"Thanks, Jo thinks so too" he says I roll my eye's Lila laughs.
"We're leaving" I mutter pushing him he laughs. "Bye Luke... bye Lilaaaaa" I say. I close the door behind us. "Don't get cocky, it doesn't suit you" I laugh he does too.

"I think it's a new vibe" he says.
"Stop saying vibe too" We get into the car.
"Why?" He asked laughing a bit I shake my head as he starts driving.

We got to his house like 2 minutes after, I grab my bag and we get out. We get into the house.
"I'm home... with Jo!" Sam yells. "We'll be upstairs."

"Hey guys" Lisa, his mom smiles at us.
"Hey" I chirp with a wide grin.
"You're staying for dinner right?" She asks I nod.
"Yeah" I nod she smiles.
"You're not like a vegetarian or allergic?" She asks I shake my head.
"Mom you can make anything... it's fine" Sam says.
"Sorry go upstairs" she waves us laughing. "Dani is out getting something for me so she's not up there."
"Didn't need her" Sam grabs my hand and we go upstairs.
"Don't be rude" I laugh.
"She's annoying" he shrugs I nudge him he laughs. We get into his room. "I gotta take a shower, I would suggest you join but you already had one" he goes into the washroom I roll my eyes. I walk around the room while I hear the shower turn on. I go to the washroom door. You could see his shadow through the shower curtain.
"Have you ever watched Bob Ross?" I asked randomly and I heard him chuckle.

"I don't think so... why?" He asked.

"Sam!! He's the best person ever, you know who he is at least right?" I pretty much yell.
"Yes, I know his general persona" he says. "What's s amazing about him?"
"UH! Everything. He's an awesome painter, he's an adorable old man, and his voice is soothing" I said and he laughs. He peaks his head out of the curtain.
"Maybe you should date him instead" he replies.
"That's disrespectful, he's dead. I mean if he weren't though" I squint my eye's at him he pushes his wet hair back. "Get back in your shower."
"You were distracting me" he smiles going back in.
"By standing here?" I question.
"By just your presence" he replies.
"Sorry should I leave?" I asked.
"Never said it was a bad thing" he says. "I meant it as a good thing," the shower turns off my he grabs his towel wrapping it around his waist. Water dribbling down his body handoff his hair onto his face. He pushes his hair back. "Take a picture it'll last longer" he smiles.
"Don't have my phone on me... sorry" I reply I go back into his room. I look around the plain room as if I haven't been in here a million times. I head to his closet looking through his clothes. I heard the sink come on but I didn't care.

"What are you doing?" Sam comes up tooth brush in mouth only in black boxer briefs. I shrug.
"Looking through your clothes" I reply. "What are you gonna wear? It better not be red shorts and a black top" I tell him.
"It won't be" he mumbles mouth full of tooth paste.
"Go spit" I said. "Also can I pick your outfit?"
"Can I have a kiss?" he asked.
"Not with your tooth paste mouth" I reply.
"Then no" he says.
"Ass" I mumble.
"I've got a nice one don't I?" he asks I roll my eye's still looking through the clothes. I pull out a couple pairs of pants.
"Hey! I said no" He tells me I shrug. "No, you have to kiss me with my tooth paste-y mouth" he mumbles his mouth fool.
"No, that's gross. Because you've also got spit in there too" I reply.
"We swap spit daily" he shakes his head I laugh pushing him away he sighs going to the washroom rinsing out his mouth. I grab some tops t go with his pants. He didn't need shoes, he was inside so this should be good. I drop this all onto his bed. "Jo, I'm not doing dress-up" he laughs sitting down on the bed.

"Let me see what I can do Samuel" I said. I pull out random pieces seeing what would go best. I grab a black pair of khaki jean type pants and a plain white shirt and a belt. "You're about to look hot as fuck!" I said.
"Do I not always...? A little disrespectful" he shakes his head.
"Shut up, this outfit" I tell him shoving it into his hands. "Go put that on."
"Like it when you demand me to do things" he smirks getting up.
"You need too much help" I tell him he laughs while he changes his clothes. Wouldn't mind if that stayed off. "Tuck the shirt in" I tell him.
"Geez Jo" he whines like a kid.
"Stop whining" I wave him off he tucks it in and puts the belt on.
"I look more pretentious than a boy a in prep school" he tells me and I laugh.
"Not true!! You look so good" I tell him. "Please wear it."
"Wasn't planning on changing" he takes a seat again and pulls me onto his lap.
"Good" I reply. I kiss him and he cups my cheek with one hand. I felt a sense of relief coming from him like he was stressed or something until now. "You okay?" I asked pulling away.
"Huh? Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked.
"You... seem a bit stressed" I admit.
"What? You can tell from that kiss?" He laughs.
"Kinda" I nod.
"My dad" he says. "I know he's gonna try to act like everything's fine when it's not and it's everything" he admits.
"I'm here for dinner babe. Everything will be and is fine" I tell him he laughs kissing me again. His hands go to the bottom of my shirt grazing my skin. I run my hands through his hair. Everything will be fine. If we think positive at least...

~

We were all sat at the dinner table eating the food and chatting it was really nice. Sam was a bit tense about his dad.

"Sam, bud you okay?" Sean his dad asks.
"Huh, yeah I'm fine" He nods I nudge him lightly he looks at me and smiles. "What?"
"Nothing, you're being weird" I tell him.
"No, I'm being myself" he replies.
"You look like a child who got lost in a store" I tell him Dani laughs.
"Yeah, what's up with you?" She adds.
"Guys, I'm fine" he says. He takes a bite out of his food. I look at him for a minute.
"So, do you guys have any plans for the rest of the summer? Or are you just staying here?" I asked his parents and Dani.
"Uh, we don't know" Lisa replies. "We might just enjoy the city" she smiles Sean nods and smiles at her. They were actually really cute together. "How about you?"
"Not that I know of" I shake my head.

"Have you always lived here?" Sean asks.
"Yeah, born and raised. Not my parents on the other half though. California actually" I tell him he nods.
"Why'd they decide here?" He asks.
"They went to NYU, and had me at a pretty young age" I laugh.

"We all make mistakes" Sam laughs through his laughing I push him with narrowed eye's.
"Sam!!" Lisa scolds.
"It was a joke, she knows that" he shrugs.
"You're an asshole. Sorry for the language," I tell him.
"Since when were you proper?" He laughs.
"Since when were you a douche... oh almost forgot. Always" I smile sarcastically.

"The banters real" Dani mumbles.
"Banters good" Sean says.
"Not with Sam" I reply and Sean laughs while Sam rolls his eye's. He was being weird today. I didn't understand it kind of. He's been more playful... but on edge.
"So, when do we get to meet your dad?" Sean asks.
"Good question," I laugh. "I'll have to ask him... in the mean time... we do have a lot of barbecues in the summer so I'm sure you guys could come to the next" I tell them Lisa smiles. "He's kind of obsessed with Sam," I add. "He's a suck up."
"Not to us" Lisa says and I laugh.

Dinner was nice, Sam was... tense which I think might have been the dad situation... but he was also a bit weird. Even after. We were in his room sitting on his bed. But I felt awkward. It felt like he had something to say and wasn't saying it. I never felt awkward around Sam... ever. Unless I'm embarrassed. I'm way past the point of being embarrassed around him anytime.

"Is something wrong? Is it me? Cause you've been weird and it's making me awkward and I kind of want to go if you're gonna keep this up," I finally come out with it. He looks at me.
"No!" He defends. "I mean, not with you at least" he mumbles.

"What is it Sam? You've been kinda weird almost all day" I tell him he sighs.
"I told you I think it's my dad" he shrugs.

"I don't think it is. You seemed fine with him... I feel like it's me?" I reply. "If it is... please tell me" I add.
"It's not you?" He states.

"Well... you don't sound too convincing Sam. I think I should go... I'm sure Dani would drive me" I stand feeling my guard come up because of his weird distant behaviour.
"No please" he stands.
"What?" I asked starting to feel a lot of emotions and I didn't like it. I wasn't like this around guys.. I really wasn't.

"It's not you. Really it isn't" he shakes his head.

"What is it Sam? Because honestly I don't know what to think" I mutter wanting to leave because I wasn't feeling it. "So what is it?"
"I..." he sighs. "I swear, it's nothing. It's just my dad," he says. I stare at him.
  "You're sure?"
  "Yes! I swear," he nods.
  "Alright," I mutter.
  "I mean... I'd probably feel better, if you helped me take the outfit that you made me wear off," he grins.
"Probably" I nod he leans down kissing me. "But" I slightly pull away and I can sense the annoyance from him. "Your parents are in the house" I add.
"So what" he mumbles and kisses me again. I mean... I wish I could say that but I don't think I can.
"Sam" I mutter.
"Jo" he replies.
"We can't" I tell him he groans.
"Why not" he says dropping onto the bed and pulling me onto his lap.
"It's gross and disrespectful" I reply.
"We've done it with your dad in the house" he says oof.
"He was asleep" I add he gives me a look. "Don't."
"Don't what? Be sexy... no can do" he says I roll my eye's.
"Not at all what I was thinking" I reply.
"It's what I'm thinking... about you" he sighs leaning his head on my shoulder. "We won't do anything."
"Thank you" I said.
"You knew you'd get your way anyway" he looks at me again.
"I did" I nod with a smile he rolls his eye's and kisses me.
"Hey... there is nothing wrong with making out" he mumbles onto my lips.
"Agreed" I nod kissing back.

****************************************

A/N

So... whatcha guys think? I really hope you liked it. I gotta be honest with you guys and say that... I'm almost done this book. Ik sad... but I need to know if you want a sequel... or I don't know. But I've got some more ideas flowing to me. I hope you guys like everything. Tell me your thoughts. Enjoy guys. xoxo.

-Jana❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 394 49
Meet Cherry, the girl who really isn't much of a girl to be completely honest. She's nice, cheerful, cheeky in an incredibly childish way, is a looks...
50.9K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
756K 27.1K 26
❌❌❌ WARNING THIS BOOK IS REALLY CRINGY ASF AND THERES ALOT OF MFUKIN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK❌❌❌❌❌❌❌ Meet Aviana Kinsley, your typical teenage...
78.3K 3.2K 24
Cassandra Gray is and always will be a nerd. She's the kind of girl that wears superman tees and reads comic books, and has never missed a superhero...