Love in Distress

By iamundaunted

-SAVANNAH- Search rich kid, and you'd find me. Of course you would. I had the closet that could fit the whole... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 4

54 2 0
By iamundaunted

“You have no idea how hard it is to do my hair.” Levi nags while driving.

“And you have no idea how a girl feels when you call her fat.” I answer back.

“A girl doesn’t wrestle a man!” he argues.

“And you’re a man?” I frown.

“Yes.” He says frankly.

I turn my head to face him, just to argue with his blunt answer, but I could actually see now why he’s so pissed. He did clean up well. His untamed hair is now tamed, though it’s sticking out on some parts – my fault, but I can’t say I regret it because I don’t.

I’m evil.

I scan Levi’s outfit to try and find an insult to throw, but I ended up annoyed. To my dismay, he actually looks good wearing a blue button down long sleeves with an open collar and a pair of tight black jeans. I want to punch him. Why does he have to look so absurdly good in anything?

“Stop checking me out Sav. That’s so incestuous of you.” Levi says.

“Oh Levi, such ambition you have there. You do know you’re not worth checking out, right? Even prostitutes won’t dare to do you.” I counter.

“Well, you look horrid yourself too.”

And let the bickering games begin.

“Levi! Stop the car!” Taylor screams interrupting the infamous bickering game we’re playing.

“What was that?” I ask.

“It was just some stray cat.” Levi answers and continued driving.

“Just a stray cat? It was a LIVING stray cat!” Taylor rages. “We could’ve killed the poor thing.”

I smile inwardly at this, but not because she shouted at Levi. Okay, maybe a little, but mainly because she cared for something that doesn’t really involve her. Taylor might be self-centered sometimes, but she still has a soft spot somewhere in that fierce heart of hers.

That’s right, she has this fierce heart, and it’s on the roll. She’s giving Levi a good 15-minute-and-still-counting ‘speech’. Yes, I may be enjoying every bit of this event, but I still pity Levi’s soul.

“This is why you’re supposed to focus on the road Lev.” I lecture him after his ‘scene’ with Taylor.

“It’s hard to focus when you’re around.” he mumbles under his breath with furrowed brows.

“Yeah, I know my beauty is just so distracting sometimes. I forgive you.” I sass.

“Keep dreaming,” he argues, “it’s that annoying voice of yours that’s distracting me. If you just stop praising yourself, I should’ve focused more on driving than correcting your lies.”

Oh no, he didn’t.

“No Lev, every single adjective I describe about myself is the obvious truth.” I answer back at him, “And BTW, my voice is divine.” I grin at him and started singing the latest Miley Cyrus song, but like the annoying creature he is, he has to compete with me so he sang along, only in a higher pitch than a normal guy.

If the windows of this car weren’t close, I’m sure all hell will break loose.

We remained like this for I don’t know how long, until Taylor finally lost her patience. Her short temper just saved the world. People should be grateful. Hurray for the heroine.

“Can you two not!” Taylor interrupts again, “Oh my gosh. Both of you have got to buy a better voice.”

We both stop singing. Taylor really is scary when she’s mad.

“Lev, have you even noticed we’ve already arrived?” She addresses Levi.

“Oh shit.” Levi curses and stops to a halt.

Levi’s such a great driver.

Not.

Sometimes I feel like his driver’s license was just one big mistake, or a result of bribery.

Probably bribery.

He drives the car into the circular driveway that has a marble fountain at the center, and as he reached the main door, he stops to drop us. So Taylor and I went out the car, while Levi’s stuck with the problem of parking it.

“I’m never going to drive again.” Levi mutters.

You wish Lev, you’re still going to drive me to Starbucks tomorrow.

“I’m not driving you to Starbucks tomorrow.” Levi says.

“Wait, I just said that out loud?” I ask in disbelief.

“You’re mouth is bigger than my garage.” Levi insults, “and my garage can fit 9 cars and a bulldozer.”

I want to throw my stiletto heels at him, but Levi should thank whatever nerve that calmed me down because instead of being my normal immature self, I just rolled my eyes and waved him goodbye.

My brain might have told my nerves to relax because it knows that I don’t have time to argue with my driver when my boyfriend is waiting behind this massive white door.

Yes, I have a boyfriend and he’s hot. He’s so hot that the sun decided to rest and let him do its job. I’m just so proud and so impatient. I just can’t wait to see him.

I can’t wait to see Adam.

I think Taylor just sensed this because she’s now half-dragging me towards the door, and I’m so undeniably excited.

I’m excited to greet Adam and hug Adam and kiss Adam and meet Adam’s parents. Okay, I know I should take things slowly. Adam and I had only been together for 3 weeks and 4 days. Yes, I have been counting so I am well aware that it’s not that long for normal people, but I’m not normal.

To be honest, he’s the very first guy that I ever had this long. Let’s just say I really have high expectations, and Adam just hit them all.

So far, he’s the only guy who has made me feel so out of control. Though, I don’t entirely get why I always feel like this when I’m somewhere near him. Even when he just passes through my mind I feel so different in a good way.

I feel so alive. It’s like there’s this excessive flow of energy surging through my veins and I just can’t stay still. I just want to hold him or touch him, and the thought of doing those makes me smile like an idiot.

This feeling makes you look stupid. And I’m going to make it last.

As the door opened by an old man, Taylor and I offered him our smiles and went in. The place looks amazing - high ceilings, huge chandelier, large marble floor tiles, and a really classy color of black and white painted the wall. I don’t get why it doesn’t scream out gothic as expected. In fact, it looks so elegant. Everything in here just reflected Adam’s family's bank accounts.

The music started to play a mellow song which meant almost all the guests had already arrived. I could already see the speaker heading towards the microphone. The party is going to start any minute now, but I couldn’t find my Adam.

I walked hurriedly and dart my eyes everywhere until I spotted a tall brunette. Finally, I see the target. I start walking towards the broad-shouldered figure.

“There you are honey.” I greet Adam from behind.

He turns around and I’m struck by how amazing he looks. His usually tousled dark brown hair is now combed, though it still looks as if he didn’t give too much effort to it. How does he do that? I just don’t know.

I think I’m drooling a river right now, and I’m guessing he noticed that because his green eyes are now sparkling with boyish delight. Why must guys always like to be admired?

“Hey gorgeous.” He smiles and it took my breath away.

Don’t judge me. I’m just too happy he’s mine.

“Happy 18th birthday!” I greet him and gave him one of my famous bear hugs.

“Whoa, not too tight” He complains, so I pulled away and apologized, while he tightens his tie and says, “It’s alright, but next time, keep in mind that the world still needs a handsome god like me.” And he finishes it with a playful wink.

Ugh, why am I surrounded with narcissists? Yeah, I’m one of them, but that’s not the point.

I slap him slightly on the arm, but I can’t possibly be mad at him, even when he has this tendency to worship himself so I hug him again, but this time, I’m hugging him by the neck. “I miss you, you jerk.” I pout, and I just know his smirking right now.

He wraps his arms around me until his hands are on my lower back and that’s all it takes to make me melt. I want to stay like this forever and right now, I don’t care about all the people staring at us. This is our moment and what we do is none of their business.

Tonight, it’ll be just me and him; Adam King and Savannah White. It will be a night meant for us, meant for young lovers in complete bliss. And I wish all this would last, but then as I got a glimpse of the crowd, I knew that just wouldn’t happen. Not tonight.

She’s here.

Adam’s ex is here and she’s walking towards our way. No, please don’t come near him, near me, near us, but I guess she can’t hear my thoughts.

“Uhm, happy birthday Adam.” she greets him with that fake innocent voice and it doesn’t help that her soft green eyes looks innocent too. She can lure any guy into thinking she’s one cute little pure thing, which she isn't.

I wish Adam ignores her, but my oh-so-oblivious boyfriend has already pulled away from our hug and thanked her.

Ugh, too late for wishes. I want her to just turn into a bubble so I could just pop her out of this world.

“How are you Jen?” Adam asks her with a smile that had me smiling before, but now it had me scowling instead.

“Oh I’m fine, thanks. And thank you for inviting me.” She beams showing her blinding white teeth under her dark red lipstick.

I can’t believe they’re actually having a conversation in front of me. Uh, hello? I exist, you know. Now I feel stupid looking like the third wheel and not the girlfriend.

This has to stop. I have to let her know that he’s mine now. I have to let her know that she’s the past, I’m the present.

“Hi Jennifer” I greet her without trying to hide the fact that I’m not enjoying her presence.

“Oh hey Savannah!” she greets back with a very obvious fake smile, “Have you gained weight?”

Have I gained weight? Have I gained weight? Girl, that’s not how you greet a person, especially when the person is me. You can’t just go around saying I gained weight.  

I so want to rip her to shreds.

 Wait no. I can’t ruin my boyfriend’s birthday. Today is his special day and tonight is one of the biggest events of his life. Okay for now, I’m going to let this pass.

“You look a little plump.” She says flatly.

Who am I kidding? I will personally burn this whore in hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 264 32
"Hold this," I heard Sam say to me as he handed me a clear Ziploc bag. So after the encounter this morning I went home and sucked it all up. The next...
16.2K 497 46
From where it all started My Life as I knew it before my world turned upside down was great, no not just great it was fabulous. It truly was until I...
2.4K 243 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
43.8K 1.1K 62
~ I got up more carefully and ran looked around the room for an adjoining bathroom. When I found it I looked into the mirror and was horrified.
My cu...