The Medium Kid

By SianaghGallagher

(BxB) "I don't believe in ghosts," Koda whispered. "Well," Alfie twisted the ring on his index finger. An exc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 34

27.7K 2K 1K
By SianaghGallagher

I just want to say a quick thank you for the kind and humorous comments. I make it my mission to read all of them. I might not reply to many, but I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. Thank you!

- Sian

Alfie took advantage of Koda Oaks being so close to him and kissed him with the passion that leaked from his veins. Every fibre wanted Koda closer. Koda's body temperature was hot. Alfie could feel his warmth through the fabric of his t-shirt as their chests pressed together.

Their lips moved gently in time, tasting one another, finding the rhythm. For Alfie, kissing was a sensual art and if it was done on impulse with someone he liked, emotions that he rarely felt were provoked from the depth of his stone heart.

Koda's hands found their way to Alfie's head and they tangled in his almost black hair. Any troubles left his mind, replaced with how well Alfie satisfied his cravings for deep physical contact. Koda kissed him with a little more force, and when Alfie copied him, Koda relaxed and allowed his emotions to take the lead.

"When... is the... tab... over?" Alfie asked in between kissing.

"Few more minutes," Koda breathed and kissed Alfie as he smiled against him.

Their lips moved together once more, searching for the passion until it turned their brains to mush. Alfie's hands explored Koda's back, tracing over his shoulder blades and every muscle. He moved his hands down until he felt Koda's belt. Alfie rested his hands there when Koda roughly ran a hand through his hair. Alfie never thought he'd love that. He remembered when his mother forced brushes through it when he was little. Feeling Koda's fingers tugging on it was satisfying his burning desire, especially to have Koda as close as humanly possible.

Koda disconnected their lips and moved them along Alfie's jaw, kissing it until he reached his earlobe. Alfie scrunched his eyes when Koda softly nibbled the bottom of his ear. Nobody had ever done that before. Between the odd sensation, it was unusually thrilling to be kissed in a way he had never been kissed before.

Koda's lips moved down Alfie's neck, kissing keenly into his warm skin. Alfie pushed his neck against Koda's mouth. At some point in between their affection, their legs tangled together. Koda was heavy, but Alfie liked how he was reminded that Koda was big and strong and safe.

When Koda's mouth reached Alfie's collarbone, Alfie had to purse his lips to stop any sound from escaping.

Koda kissed harder along his clavicle when Alfie clenched fistfuls of his t-shirt. It pleased Koda to know that Alfie felt some form of desire for his kisses. He enjoyed reading Alfie's body language and knowing that they wanted the same thing.

Alfie shivered when one of Koda's hands moved from his hair to his side, squeezing him as if to make the lust rise to the surface. Their mouths found each other again and their kisses were deep and extraordinarily passionate.

Alfie was close to parting his lips so he could finally know what it was like to kiss with the involvement of tongues, but a loud squeak of a door forced their lips to jump away from each other.

Koda quickly turned to see his father frozen like a lion who was trying to hide from their prey.

"Jesus Christ," Morlen muttered and immediately evacuated, slamming the door behind him.

The boys stared at the closed door, refusing to move as the silence continued. Koda turned back to Alfie and collapsed on top of him, letting his face sink into Alfie's shoulder.

"He's gonna moan about that for weeks," Koda muffled against him.

"Let him," Alfie said. His head was still submerged within their intense making out. He couldn't get rid of the stupid grin on his face. "We were just kissing."

"If two guys hug my dad gets uncomfortable." Koda lifted his head and rested himself on his forearms. "Did he knock?"

Alfie shrugged. "I was too focused on you."

Koda grinned and leaned down to give him one more kiss. "He should have knocked." Reluctantly, Koda climbed off his bed and sighed deeply. "Maybe we were getting ahead of ourselves there."

"Well..." Alfie stood up too, still dazed and floating. "There's nothing wrong with just kissing."

Koda tilted his head and stared at Alfie, wondering how far the 'just kissing' might have gone. "I think dinner is ready."

Alfie nodded and moved to the door. When his back was facing Koda, he smiled and touched his lips with his fingertips. The tingling of Koda's lips against his lingered and Alfie couldn't wait to kiss again.

Morlen paced the kitchen when the boys entered. He stopped with a scowl and pointed a finger at his son. "What the hell was that?" he yelled, continuing to pace.

"What was what?" Koda sighed, fighting back an eye roll. "It was your fault for not knocking."

"I did knock and you didn't answer." Morlen stopped abruptly like he hit an invisible wall. "Do I allow this? A boy in your room with the door shut? Would your mother allow it?"

Alfie seated himself at the table, sinking from their view.

"I think so," Koda said quietly, forgetting that his mother wasn't around to waltz dramatically into the kitchen to yell at his father. "I'm eighteen."

Morlen nodded and tapped his chin thoughtfully. "I guess you're old enough for this sort of thing." A timer went off and Koda thanked it in his head for saving him and sat down next to Alfie.

"Will he talk to you later about this?" Alfie whispered and Koda nodded. "Good luck."

* * * * *

Alfie fell asleep in Koda's bed at 7:30 PM. After being forced by Koda, Morlen phoned Molly to ask if it was okay that Alfie stayed the night. Molly was ecstatic. Alfie had never had a sleepover before, and she knew that maybe it was a little risky to let him sleep over at a potential boyfriends house, but she was more pleased about the fact that Alfie had a friend in his life.

"Will you be dropping them off at college in the morning?" Molly asked over the phone.

"Yes," Morlen grumbled on the other end. "I'll make sure they're not late."

"Okay, great! Oh! Make sure he eats breakfast-"

"I will. Bye." Morlen hung up before his patience completely evaporated.

"So he's allowed to stay the night?" Koda asked, making himself a hot drink.

"Yes." Morlen rubbed his eyes. He too had a rough nights sleep. "Are you sleeping in the same bed, or do I have to make one on the floor?"

Koda only owned a single bed. "It's fine. Alfie's small so I guess we'll both fit okay."

"Right, So- I don't have to do anything?"

"Nope. You can sign out of dad duties for the day." Koda could feel his father's eyes on him, burning the back of his neck.

"Koda-" Morlen hesitated, awkwardly picking at the nail on his thumb. His son turned while sipping his tea. "Do you miss sport?"

The question was a surprise. Sport was such a sensitive topic in the Oaks family. "Sometimes."

Morlen seemed pleased by his answer. "Well, I go to the gym in town a few days a week and wondered if you wanted to come." Morlen abandoned eye contact, so he didn't see the smile on his son's face. Morlen was trying to bond with him, and Koda warmed to the very core.

There was a time when Morlen was embarrassed to admit that Koda was his son, especially when Koda announced that he was gay. His father went to the gym with his friends and most likely avoided any topic about his son who liked kissing other men and wanted to be an artist, famous for beautiful sculptures, instead of being a rugby player or a personal trainer like his father wanted.

"You want me to come to the gym with you? A few days a week?" Koda asked, making sure he wasn't getting the wrong message.

Morlen sighed and crossed his arms, still glaring at the worktop. "Yes." He didn't expect an agreement to his offer.

Koda hadn't been to the gym with his father for years, though he used to enjoy it when his father didn't hate him. Morlen's love for sport was definitely passed onto him, but Koda's love for art always overruled it.

"Alright. When are you next going?"

Morlen's hazel eyes connected with Koda's hazel eyes. For once, Morlen's gaze was caught off guard and softened. "Uh, tomorrow I think."

"I'll come with you then if you're sure it's okay?"

"Yeah, of course." Morlen's lips twitched towards a smile, but it never formed. "I'll sign you up for a membership. I think you can do it online."

"Do you want me to pay for it or-"

"No, no, it's fine."

Koda nodded, holding his mug against his chest. "Thanks."

They stared at each other with disbelief. Koda never thought he'd have decent conversations with his father, let alone ones about joining the gym.

"...I'll get on with that now then." Morlen scratched the back of his neck. Talking to his son shouldn't be so uncomfortable, but it was a colossal improvement from a few years ago when they couldn't even look each other in the eye. It used to drive Enya mad.

"I'll go check on Alfie." Koda, despite his smile, was glad to leave the room. His father was an intense guy, he always had been.

When he reached his bedroom, Alfie was still curled under his duvet with only half of his head sticking out. Alfie looked as small as ever and Koda's heart swelled with a fondness for his cuteness.

He sat down at his desk, staring at his tea and feeling the steam touching his chin. His days were so normal, he barely had time to think about the underlying issues involving the Grim Reaper. Koda couldn't decide whether he liked that his dad ignored the issue, or whether he wanted to talk about it until his throat hurt. Koda wasn't sure of what they would talk about, he didn't know much about his situation and Morlen certainly didn't know more than him.

Koda was about to pull out his sketchpad when a shiver passed through him that jolted his heart. The hairs on his body stood on end and the room suddenly felt thick and dark. his head snapped in the direction of Alfie who was still fast asleep. Then Koda's eyes caught a shadow on his floor from the moonlight. He followed it to the corner of his room and wished with all his heart that the main light was on and not just his dim desk lamp.

In the corner of the room was a black outline of another person. Koda could see the shape of the head and shoulders, but the rest of the figure blended into the darkness. He wanted to cry out for his dad, but in the distant pools of his mind, his instincts told him not to be afraid. The situation was familiar. Koda had seen the figure before, but not while he was awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 347 14
The dead typically want one of two things. Ghosts crave conversation. Spirits seek pain. My name is Bria, and I've been able to interact with the de...
6.6M 152K 33
Cherry blossom lipstick: check Smokey eyes: check Skinny jeans: check Dead kid in the mirror: check For sixteen year old Mattie Hathaway, this is...
1.8K 135 19
When I was little, I was never healthy for a full day. When I would go to school, I would carry around an oxygen tank so that I could breathe properl...
902 18 14
"She's here." My sisters says to me quietly. "Who is here?" I question her. "My friend.. You can't see her because she doesn't want you to. She is a...