Time

By dancinglimbo

One shots, short stories. Find what you seek, achieve what you want, coz time waits for none. The characters... More

Now

Blood

31 2 16
By dancinglimbo

There was a lot of blood. The bed was red, the linens, the hands, the body.
My body.

Or at least that's what it looked like. The reality might have been a little less dramatic.

A soft sob sounded from my left.

The reality was brought fourth by a sudden gush of realisation.

The reality of my fast approaching death.

I am Lyanna of house Stark, and this is the story of how I lived.
Before I died that is.

*****

Being the only daughter with a couple of rambunctious brothers had its perks. For example, I knew how to make a man fall down on his bottom in 2 seconds flat.

Being a girl in a family consisting of men also meant missing out on a few good tricks of the trade. Like how a few choice words and a fluttering of the lips could make any man fall on their knees for you. You know, the usual female wiles.

While other ladies of my age were busy sewing or cooking, I was busy having the time of my life with my brothers and the other squires. And simultaneously learning how NOT to be a lady.

So imagine my surprise when I found the silver prince playing his harp, outside my bedchamber that fateful night.

*****

"Excuse me, my lord but what exactly are you doing in front of my bedchamber, playing a harp, in the middle of the bloody night?"

I tried, I really did try to control my temper, but a whole day of fun results in a very tired me. So pardon me, but I had very good reasons to be grouchy.

It didn't matter that the prince in front of me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

He smiled that quiet smile, but didn't look up. He kept playing the damn thing.

After 30 seconds I had enough. Taking my pitcher from beside the bed, I emptied its contents on his head.

A bit extreme, but it was needed. He might be the bloody prince of Dragonstone but I needed my sleep.

As I returned to my room I could hear him mutter to himself.

The next day, he was there again.

"...ughh not again!"
This time he broke into a laugh. The kind that makes your stomach flutter which was odd since I had just had my dinner... So it couldn't be gas, right?

Bran was accompanying me, so I assume he was surprised too. But being less of a loggerhead, he quietly asked
"Do you need any help..."

I quickly shut him up and send him on his way... I needed to do this on my own.

I studied him for a moment, soft silver hair cascading down shoulders that weren't narrow but nowhere near broad enough to indicate that he was fighter. Soft lips, square jaws and startling amherst eyes made for a beautiful gentle face.

Amherst eyes which were staring at me with mild amusement.

"Do you mind my playing gevie?"
His voice was rich, but soft like those dornish wines I had once tasted.

The thought of Dorne brought me to my senses.
"Is lady Elia..." I started but was interrupted with a soft
"She knows"

*****

"She knows what?"

"That what I intend to do."

The riddles were a bit much, comprehending them in the middle of the night was beyond me.

"Right... So do you mind going to your own room so that I may sleep?"

The quiet laugh was sounded again, but I wasn't drowning in them. Not at all.

I was about to go inside my room when he said something to wipe all traces of sleep in me.

"...would you come away with me, my love?"

*****

It had been a year since the Harrenhal tourney, a whole year since I had last seen him.

Yet not a day had gone by when I didn't think of our last conversation.

.....

"I'm sorry, what?"

"... Come away with me?"

His words were hesitant, as though I might go off if he spoke. Which was absolutely correct since he was married.

"I.. You... What?"

"Come away with me."

Then I exploded.

"You do know that you're married right? And you're the heir? And that you have a baby? A BABY! Did you even think about her, or Lady Elia?

And first of all, how dare you? I am betrothed to Robert... Not that its more..."

My rant was cut short with him taking my hands in his. His hands were large, fingers long and elegant yet calloused. They were warm.

"I cannot explain,
I wouldn't even try. Yet know this...

What I have to do, what I must do is what should be done. We have our roles to play, our part in the future war that is to come.

Sweet, sweet lyanna... I wouldn't put you through this if I could. I swear, if I could, I would protect you from every pain and sadness.
But that is not my place..."

I admit his words were scary, so scary that I wanted to run away all the way to Winterfell, to safety.

But his eyes, there I saw the truth.... Even now I cannot say what I saw but what I did see, my life was altered.

Pain, undescribable agony was there but also hope. A hope that would one day be realised even if we were not there to see it.

I cannot say what else happened that night, truth be said I don't even remember... I woke up to the thoughts of Rhaegar.
......

The next day, he won the tourney and gave me that winter rose.
But do not think he wooed me with that. Oh no!

My heart was already his, forever.

The blue rose was a symbol of our hope and the patience we needed.

It told me to wait... Until the time came.

*****

The year went with no communication between us. The ravens were unreliable... The allies untrustworthy.

That year taught me more about the world we lived in than all my life.

I spent all my time studying the old legends and histories. And reached the decision of what needed to be done.

Rhaegar had given me a year, a year that I had to decide on the future. And I had decided, the future of our people depended on us and it was our duty.

It was worth more than either of our lives, so on that day when the raven came. I ran.

"You came, gevie... You came to me. At last, I promise you we will be free."
*****

Our time in Dorne became the best of my life. I was his duty, but he made me his priority.

Sometimes I wondered what the outcome would've been had we been married in front of the whole court. My father, Benjen, Bran, Ned their joy...

But I cramped it down. Concentrated on the now. Our time was short.

The result would end in tragedy.

But that didn't mean we had to be sad. The little time we had was precious and we lived it to the fullest.

*****

"...promise me Ned, promise me!"

My love was dead and I was to follow, but I couldn't without making it sure.

Our child was our hope, Aegon. He needed to live and love and do everything we couldn't.

Bran, dad everyone I knew and loved had perished. Robert, the fool thought he'd avenged me by killing my love.

It was time. The stranger had come to lead me to Rhaegar.

And I knew I had chosen the right path.

"Promise me Ned..."

*****

If this one seems a bit kooky, pardon me. First person POV is not my cup of tea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 11.8K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
59.2K 3.3K 72
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
325K 19K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
42.8K 5.6K 17
"แ€žแ€ฐแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€…แ€ญแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€พ แ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€แ€ฌ..." "..............." "แ€กแ€Ÿแ€„แ€บแ€ธ..แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€™แ€œแ€ฌแ€ธ..แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฐแ€แ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€–แ€ฐแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€–แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€™แ€œแ€ฌแ€ธ...แ€’แ€ซแ€™แ€พแ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บ..แ€›แ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏ...