EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

17 | Stubborn Girl

899 28 11
By True_Hawaiian

Rainer POV

Never let your emotions distract you from doing what needs to be done. Control your emotions before it controls you.

"Again." The two rookies dripping with sweat, look at me with eyes filled with exhaustion and disbelief. They exchanged looks and continued to run without a word.

I look over to see one of my men miss the center of the target.

"Do it again."

"I missed by an inch." He exclaims.

"Ya still missed... I want to you to keep shooting until you hit the very center of the target. Once you do that... do it fifty more times. You miss, start over." I order.

"Why don't you get your head out of your ass and tell me why you aren't training? " He hissed causing the other shooters to stop. They stared at him like he was insane. They were right to do so, no one talks to me like that.

I shot him the coldest stare and I could see him swallow his lump that was in his throat.

"Your new here so let me explain this to you in a way you'll understand." I took out my gun and aimed at my target. Without hesitation I pulled the trigger several times.

The rookie who thought it was okay to talk back, jolts with fear. He hesitantly looks behind him to see I hit smack dab in the middle of my target. Something he couldn't do.

"I'm the best in this room... I don't need to train. You on the other hand suck, so it's my job to get your smart ass in shape. Once I'm leader I'll have nothing but the best people working for me. If you don't reach my requirements I'll kill you myself, got it?" He repeatedly nodded his head while the other guys around him snicker and laugh.

I fucking hate training day. Spending the day with a bunch of gang wannabes is frustrating. My father thinks it's a good way to bond and get to know each new member. But he doesn't know what a pain this is.

I looked over to the area where people continue to spar with one another. One pair caught my eye, the "victim" continuously made cocky comments towards his "attacker" every time he got a good shot.

I walked over from behind and collided my fist in his rib cage. He let out a loud groan has clenched onto his side. In one swift move I put him in a tight headlock. His hands immediately grip onto my arms that made it impossible to breathe.

"Dead." I whisper as he continues to struggle . "Never let your guard down, you must always be aware of your surroundings. You never know who might sneak up behind you."

He fell to his knees gasping for air.

"Again."

Zaya POV

Is this a bad idea... absolutely the worst. Am I risking a lot by coming here... yep. I know better then to associate myself with people like him.

Another gang.

Another guy.

Another issue.

"Where are we going?" Looking out my window I see nothing but towering trees and the illuminating lines on the paved road.

"Don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know? You make all this fuss to go out with me and you don't know where we're going?" I look at him with disbelief.

A smirk appears on his chocolate lips.

"Zaya, you need to learn to relax, go with the flow, stop worrying." He leans back in his chair letting one hand take the wheel while the other rested on the armrest.

"Trey I have work to do at home. I have homework, study, and remind Andrè and Ezra that we had homework." I continue ramble even though he didn't care. "They are a full time job you know."

I catch him rolling his eyes.

The volume of his engine gets louder. I immediately clench onto my seat.

"Jesus, Slow down!"

"Again close... but not my name."

I roll my eyes. "Slow down, there's other cars."

"I'm gonna ask you a series of questions and if I don't like your answer, I'll go faster." Trey took a sudden sharp turn cutting off a few people. "Just trust me."

Oh my shit.

"What's the deal between you and Rainer?" My eyes widen at his random question. Suddenly feeling nervous I cross my arms.

"N-nothing... there's nothing going on between Rainer and I. He doesn't even care about me."

"You sure about that?" He pushed the gas pedal a little more.

"I'm positive."

"How long have you two known each other?"
I clenched onto my seat as he weaved through traffic.

"A month and a half... I don't know. Why does that matter?" His speed accelerating by the second.

"Why do you let him control you?"

"I don't know." He takes another sharp turn onto a car free road. "It's easier that way."

I guess he could sense my discomfort because he hadn't asked anymore questions.

With the windows down the wind whipping my face and my hair blowing out of control. It was a similar freedom feeling just like that motorcycle ride with him.

My anxiety slowly started to fade. It took some time getting used to the speed but I did. I closed my eyes sticking my head out of my window.

"I'm a great driver." He says mockingly.

"No comment." Was all I could respond with.

"You need to stop being afraid and live a little." He states.

If he only knew.

"What do you have to be afraid of?"

Failing.

Attention.

Him.

"Nothing." I say sticking my head back in.

"Boy is that a lie." He chuckles to himself. "Seriously, whats your deal anyways?"

"There's no deal."

"Why do you let people walk all over? Why do you choose to study all the time?" I felt his gaze on me.

"Because..."

"Because what, Zaya? You're smart you should know life shouldnt be like this. "

"Because." The peace that I felt was slowly starting to fade. Anger and frustration was starting to take place.

"Why?"

"Because I said! Look I don't know you so please just drop it!" I finally snap digging my nails deep into the palms of my hands.

Guilt soon replaced the anger inside of me.

"I-I'm Sorry." I mutter, fear starting to take a toll on me once again.

"Zaya, Get up and stick your head through the roof." The sunroof slowly started to open.

"W-what?"

"Stand up and stick your head above the roof. I promise you'll start to feel better." He looks deeply into my eyes. "I won't let you fall... I got you"

For some reason I believe him. Is that wrong?

I let out a sigh of defeat.

I unbuckled my seat belt and slowly kneeled on the center console. Sticking half of my body out of the sun roof. I felt one of his arms wrap around my waist.

I closed my eyes letting my hair fly behind me. The smell of the fresh air, the open roads, the crop wind was all so breathtaking.

I'm not saying this out loud but...

He was right.

Rainer POV

"Rainer." Luke signals me over to the weights area. He stood under a handle bar that was attached to one of the equipment. "Whats going on with you? Why do you seem on edge?"

"Everything... The unknown gang, my dad, the Glaciers coming to our school, and Zaya-"

"Wait, I understand the first three but why Zaya?" He leans over to grab his water bottle popping the cap open. He holds it out and I shake my head.

"You've known Zaya for a long time, You two grew up with each other. Why she is like that?" I run my hand through my hair.

"Like what?"

"So stubborn its ridiculous and why is she a push over? Is that even possible to be a push over and stubborn at the same time?" I exclaim.

"Who are we talking about- Shrimp?" I don't know why that nickname bugs me so much. "She wasn't always a push over." Jaden made his way over to where we stood leaving shooting area.

"Yeah she used to be free willing and carefree just like a normal kid." Luke willingly adds.

Curiosity got the best of me. "What happened?"

They shrug. "When we transferred to West Bridge we lost touch. Ever since High school she hasn't been the same." Luke answers again.

"Maybe Ezra or Maria would know they're best friends or whatever." Jaden said with his arms tucked away in his jeans. "Why do you care anyways?

"Just tell your friend stay away from Trey. I have enough problems as is, I cannot be baby sitting her." I spat snatching the water from Lukeʻs hand, taking a few sips.

I need something way stronger then water.

"Sheʻs too stubborn... Its better she learns on her own. Tonight sheʻll learn what kind of guy he really is." Jaden shrugs making his way back over to shoot some more.

"Wait what do you mean tonight? What's tonight?" I ask curiously.

"Didn't you hear? Trey asked Zaya out in the girls locker room." Jaden said walking backwards.

Luke and I exchanged worried yet upsetting looks.

"What?" Luke hissed.

"She should be with him by now."

That stubborn girl.

Zaya POV

Here we are in the parking lot of a fast food joint downtown. Sitting on the back of his car star gazing.

"So Zaya, whats your story?"

I shrug. "I don't have one." I watch my feet swing back and forth as I sat at the edge of trunk of his car. While Trey stood next to me with his elbows rested on the trunk.

"Bullshit, everyone has a story."

"Okay... whats your story then?"

He shrugs. "What do you want to know?"

His words take me by surprise. He was willing to open up to me- a stranger?

"Parents... school... why'd you join a gang?" I was expecting him to snap or tense but he didn't.

He's definitely not like Rainer.

He sighs. "My mom and paps died when I was about thirteen years old, car accident. My older brother D'sean took care of me and the gang. When I was about fourteen years old he was killed, deal gone bad."

Guilt took over. "I'm sorry you don't have to-"

"You were right you don't know me." He smiles half heartedly. "When my brother died i had to grow up fast. Before I knew it I was running my own gang at the age of fifteen."

I'm a terrible person. He didn't have to tell me that. I shouldn't have snapped like that, I don't know where that came from.

I have to say something.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

"My dad was never really around, always working. With my mom I constantly feel like I have to live up to her expectations...I was more close with my dad then mom." I say looking up at the sky.

"Growing up I was pretty normal. I had five great friends and then Jaden who would pick on me all the time. But it was whatever, I would pull a bunch of pranks, get grounded, laugh... you know... live." I shrugged.

"When it came to high school they all went to West Bridge. I didn't really stay in touch with any of them except Marìa and Ezra. They are my all time best friends, my ride or dies. I would tell them everything." I explain.

I frown at my dishonesty. "Everything except the fact that I was bullied in high school. The friends that I made ended up being fake. They didn't care about me. I didn't know what was real anymore."

I wasn't going to tell him the thing that broke me. The real reason why I hate attention and speaking up. It was too embarrassing, too humiliating. No one knows except my parents and my aunts and uncles. I want to keep it that way.

"So I stopped trying, I stopped fighting, I stopped because it was easier. The less I talk the faster it's over. I studied all the time because it keeps me busy. Im why because I'm cautious. I'm uptight because its how I cope. " I look at my hands that rested in my lap. When his hands touched my bare thighs goosebumps scattered across my skin.

"There's so much more to you then what those fake people told you." He slipped his way between my legs as I stare down at him. "Your like a Lynx... strong, deadly, fierce. You just need to be reminded of that."

He used the tip of his finger to lift my head. When my eyes met his my heart skipped.

"I'm gonna help you."

This is dangerous.

"I'm gonna help you remember." He looks deeply into my eyes.

"Why do you care so much?"

He opens his mouth to answer but he was sadly interrupted.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" Chills suddenly went down my spine.

Trey's head quickly lifts up and his body straightens. His face had this killer look. It was insane to see all kindness quickly disappear. He slowly turned with his hands tucked.

"Trey." The guy looked a year or two older. His body was well built seeing his muscles bulge from his fitted black tee. His clothes were crisp, his tan skin and perfect evil smile, and his brown eyes were filled with mischief and darkness.

He was quite intimidating.

"Colten." Trey replied in a cold tone.

When Colten's eyes land on my my heart starts to race.

"Just one girl tonight?" The one he calls Colten flashes him a killer smile. "Usually you have two or three. Loosing your touch I see?"

I'm getting serious bad vibes from him.

"It's not like that." He replies with a threatening voice.

Colten looks to his two men that stood behind him. They didn't look as half as intimidating as their leader. But I wouldn't mess with these guys regardless. When I noticed their eyes were on me my heart stops.

"I'm sorry what?" I felt my cheeks heat up from the embarrassment. I tuned out.

Colten smiles. "What's your name cutie?"

"That's really non of your business now is it?" Trey stepped in front of me.

"Touchy subject I see... is she..." Colten playfully looks around and behind before whispering, "The one?"

I noticed Treys hands clench.

"Remind me again who's territory your on?" Trey said with a cold and venomous tone.

Colten didn't seem fazed at all, he just laughed hysterically. It was a bit scary... okay no it was a lot a bit scary.

"It's always a pleasure talking to you Trey. I hope to see you at my gala." He looks at me and smiles. "Nice meeting you."

The three of them continued to walk confidently into the fast food joint. I watched Trey glare at them while his chest rises and falls abnormally fast.

"Trey, who are they?"

"Do you mind if we make a quick stop before we head home?" He pats down all of his pockets searching for his keys.

"Trey who was that?"

"Where is my keys?" He continuously pats his pants as if it will appear eventually.

"Trey..." I held up the keys that rested on his trunk. "Who are they?"

"There's my keys!" He smiles snatching them really quickly.

It was kind of concerning. It was like all of his sane was non existent.

"Trey, who was that?"

"Someone you do not want to get involved with."

Whoever this guy was, it made Treys skin crawl. It made him insane in the brain. The cool calm and collected Trey was no longer present.

Who was that?

And why does he have Trey freaking out?

———

We pull up in front of this rather large apartment building. When we walked in it was quite modern and clean. High ceilings, white tiled flooring, rich people. They all looked down once Trey entered the building.

He stormed through the people that waited for the elevator.

"Take the next one." He spat before the doors close. He turned to face me and his eyes soften. "It's gonna be quick I promise."

"Where are we?"

He shrugs. "My gang house I guess. Don't worry you'll be safe here." The doors open into this grand penthouse.

It was all overwhelming. Gang members on the couch, in the kitchen, on the stairs, at the bar. Women in the hot tub on the balcony. The smell of weed and alcohol was hard to miss.

"Thrash..." Trey calls over a large man with the largest muscles in history. I swear his muscles had muscles. "Watch her with your life."

Trey smiles at me reassuringly before replacing it with a killer look. I watched him disappear somewhere into the kitchen.

I smile nervously at the one they call Thrash. But he kept a straight face the entire time.

Not a smiling type got it.

My heart literally jumped out of my chest once I was pushed into Thrash.

"Im so sorry."  I quickly backed away into another person behind me. "I'm so sorry."

"No it was my fault." He said and I finally turned around.

And I really wished I hadn't.

His eyes widen. "Zaya...what are doing here?"

Oh my god

"What are you doing here?" He repeats.

It can't be.

"Zaya..."

He's here.

"Zay-"

I guess we don't always tell each other everything.

"E-Ezra..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

Thoughts on the chapter?

What'd you think of Trey and Zaya in this?

What do you think is going on with Rainer?

Why's Ezra there?

See you soon

~ XOXO
True_Hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.7K 35
"π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 𝘩π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘴" β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ Danielle Johnson other known as Dani Johnson lived a quiet life. She went to school...
342 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
342 0 1
Moving 5 hours away from home was not easy for Melanie. She knew nobody- she had no idea how dangerous this beautiful city actually was- ruled by a d...
8.3K 43 44
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, abuse and will move fast. "Stop rolling your eyes" "Or what?" I put the cigar...